Quick Campaigns are failing

Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. 

I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: 

This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. 
For more information, contact your system administrator. 

with the "Status Reason = aborted" 

I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has 
anyone seen this before? 

The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard 
but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns 
still work there. 



0
Utf
8/25/2006 1:59:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1016 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 53

Update to this:

The problem is a general problem with sending a NEW email from within CRM 
(the quick campaign also sends new emails).  If I reply to an existing email 
from the history of a contact, it works but if I try to send a NEW email to 
the same contact, I get the error:

Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: 
Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server was unable to process request. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the 
current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about 
the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was 
unable to process request.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web 
request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can 
be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace: 


[SoapException: Server was unable to process request.]
   
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage 
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496
   System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String 
methodName, Object[] parameters) +218
   Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.EmailWebService.Send(Guid emailId, Boolean 
issueSend, String trackingToken) +132
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.SMWrappers.Email.Send(String id, Boolean 
issueSend, String trackingToken) +93
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Email.Send() +83
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.Send(Object sender, 
DataEventArgs e) +83
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId 
eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId 
eventId) +89
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, 
String formId, String formType) +83
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
   Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.ConfigureForm() +257
   Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499



"Sue" wrote:

> Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. 
> 
> I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: 
> 
> This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. 
> For more information, contact your system administrator. 
> 
> with the "Status Reason = aborted" 
> 
> I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has 
> anyone seen this before? 
> 
> The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard 
> but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns 
> still work there. 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
8/25/2006 4:38:02 PM
I get the same error. Please can someone help us?

"Sue" wrote:

> Update to this:
> 
> The problem is a general problem with sending a NEW email from within CRM 
> (the quick campaign also sends new emails).  If I reply to an existing email 
> from the history of a contact, it works but if I try to send a NEW email to 
> the same contact, I get the error:
> 
> Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: 
> Server Error in '/' Application.
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> Server was unable to process request. 
> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the 
> current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about 
> the error and where it originated in the code. 
> 
> Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was 
> unable to process request.
> 
> Source Error: 
> 
> An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web 
> request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can 
> be identified using the exception stack trace below.  
> 
> Stack Trace: 
> 
> 
> [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.]
>    
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage 
> message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496
>    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String 
> methodName, Object[] parameters) +218
>    Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.EmailWebService.Send(Guid emailId, Boolean 
> issueSend, String trackingToken) +132
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.SMWrappers.Email.Send(String id, Boolean 
> issueSend, String trackingToken) +93
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Email.Send() +83
>    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.Send(Object sender, 
> DataEventArgs e) +83
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId 
> eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId 
> eventId) +89
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity, 
> String formId, String formType) +83
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
>    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.ConfigureForm() +257
>    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
>    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
>    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
> 
> 
> 
> "Sue" wrote:
> 
> > Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore. 
> > 
> > I get the following error after creating the quick campaign: 
> > 
> > This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500. 
> > For more information, contact your system administrator. 
> > 
> > with the "Status Reason = aborted" 
> > 
> > I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has 
> > anyone seen this before? 
> > 
> > The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard 
> > but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns 
> > still work there. 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
Utf
9/5/2006 9:03:02 AM
Hi Geoff,

I ended up going to Microsoft to get the problem fixed.  My problem was
when I went into Systems Settings, Email tracking tab and made the
tracking token prefix null.  There is a bug in the system that can't
handle that.  You have to go to the actual SQL table and null out the
value (table: OrganizationBase, Field: TrackingPrefix). You can then go
back to the email tracking tab and make the token prefix something
valid.  There is a hot patch to fix the bug (KB article 910242).  I
don't know if your problem is the same but it's worth looking into.
This all started because I was trying to get rid of the darn tracking
token that shows up at the end of the email subject.  It doesn't look
good at all.  Has anyone found a way around this? I realize that there
is no other place to put this token but has someone found an acceptable
solution that their customers can live with?  Like some other prefix
that would look better?

Geoff, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if my
explanation didn't make sense to you.

Sue


geoff wrote:
> I get the same error. Please can someone help us?
>
> "Sue" wrote:
>
> > Update to this:
> >
> > The problem is a general problem with sending a NEW email from within CRM
> > (the quick campaign also sends new emails).  If I reply to an existing email
> > from the history of a contact, it works but if I try to send a NEW email to
> > the same contact, I get the error:
> >
> > Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:
> > Server Error in '/' Application.
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Server was unable to process request.
> > Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the
> > current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about
> > the error and where it originated in the code.
> >
> > Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was
> > unable to process request.
> >
> > Source Error:
> >
> > An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web
> > request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can
> > be identified using the exception stack trace below.
> >
> > Stack Trace:
> >
> >
> > [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.]
> >
> > System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
> > message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496
> >    System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
> > methodName, Object[] parameters) +218
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.EmailWebService.Send(Guid emailId, Boolean
> > issueSend, String trackingToken) +132
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.SMWrappers.Email.Send(String id, Boolean
> > issueSend, String trackingToken) +93
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Email.Send() +83
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.Send(Object sender,
> > DataEventArgs e) +83
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.DataEventProcessor.Raise(FormEventId
> > eventId, FormState state, User user, String objectId, Entity entity) +176
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.AppForm.RaiseDataEvent(FormEventId
> > eventId) +89
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.EndUserForm.Initialize(Entity entity) +56
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity,
> > String formId, String formType) +83
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Forms.CustomizableForm.Execute(Entity entity) +13
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Web.Activities.EmailDetailPage.ConfigureForm() +257
> >    Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +30
> >    System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +62
> >    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1499
> >
> >
> >
> > "Sue" wrote:
> >
> > > Quick campaigns used to work for us but don't anymore.
> > >
> > > I get the following error after creating the quick campaign:
> > >
> > > This Quick Campaign could not be performed due to an error: 0x80131500.
> > > For more information, contact your system administrator.
> > >
> > > with the "Status Reason = aborted"
> > >
> > > I've searched everywhere for this error but can't find anything. Has
> > > anyone seen this before?
> > >
> > > The only change I made to the server was to use the rule deployment wizard
> > > but I also did this on another CRM installation server and Quick Campaigns
> > > still work there. 
> > > 
> > > 
> > >

0
mscrmuser
9/5/2006 12:31:46 PM
Sue,

Thanks for your reply. This did sort out my problem. I did exactly the same 
as what you did with the token - also wanted to get rid of it.
Anyway problem solved. I would also like to know if one can put it anywhere 
else.

Thanks again.

geoff

"mscrmuser" wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
> 
> I ended up going to Microsoft to get the problem fixed.  My problem was
> when I went into Systems Settings, Email tracking tab and made the
> tracking token prefix null.  There is a bug in the system that can't
> handle that.  You have to go to the actual SQL table and null out the
> value (table: OrganizationBase, Field: TrackingPrefix). You can then go
> back to the email tracking tab and make the token prefix something
> valid.  There is a hot patch to fix the bug (KB article 910242).  I
> don't know if your problem is the same but it's worth looking into.
> This all started because I was trying to get rid of the darn tracking
> token that shows up at the end of the email subject.  It doesn't look
> good at all.  Has anyone found a way around this? I realize that there
> is no other place to put this token but has someone found an acceptable
> solution that their customers can live with?  Like some other prefix
> that would look better?
> 
> Geoff, don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if my
> explanation didn't make sense to you.
> 
> Sue
> 
> 

0
Utf
9/5/2006 2:38:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Copying certain column information quickly
As you know in Excel you could quickly copy the information you needed with a drag of the mouse. Because I need information copied repeatedly and easily for my access unfirmiliar co workers. Example JOB CUSTOMER QUOTE # A B1 110701 A(copied) A2 110701 (copied) A(copied) C4 110701 (copied) How do I do this quickly and efficiently for the computer challenged. Sorry, Access is a database, not a spreadsheet, and can't be used like one. You can write some code to select the rows that you want to ...

Quick help with excel formula
Ok, i need a forumla. this is what I want, i have two columns like this Time Start: ............. Time Finish: ............ I fill out these two columns like this Time Start: ...17:42... Time Finish: ...18:25.. Now i have another Column that says Training Length: ........ I want this to work out the time between 17:42 and 18:25 Any one help pleas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi simply =A2-A1 and format as time If your training time can span midnight use the formula =A2-A1+(A2<A1) >-----Original Message----- >Ok, i need a forumla. > >this is what ...

operation failed #9
Just last few weeeks whenI send an e-mail it says operation failed. I close Outlook 2002 XP and reopen and the email is in outbox and then goes. Also some new come in. Why is this happening. I disabled Norton e mail scan and found no difference. Also have Comcast cable for ISP if that matters. Outlook worked fine for years just now acting up Thanks Mark ...

Quick Question
I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2010? Michael On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 23:59:26 +0000 (UTC), Rev. Michael L. Burns <sdbpastor@charter.bet> wrote: > >I have been using Office 2007 and OneNote for some time now and have recently >set up the 2010 Beta on a second system. In the 2007 version there was a >way to repair office if things went flaqky. How do I do that in Office 2...

Is there a quick way to...
highlighting only the odd or even numbered rows? Thanks. Something like this should do: Sub banding() ActiveSheet.Range("A65536").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select lastrow = ActiveCell.Row Range("A6:AK" & lastrow).Select Selection.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone 'Change rownum to the the first row number where data occurs rownum = 6 For i = 1 To (lastrow - rownum) Step 2 Range("B" & rownum + i & ":AK" & rownum + i).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 15 .Pattern = xlSolid End With ...

SSIS Packages fail, but takes a LONG time to end
We have a number of SSIS Packages that can fail with bad data from external sources. We handle the bad data without an issue, but after the package logs that an error occurs and it is failing, they often take a VERY long time to end. I'm talking about a package that normally takes 5 minutes, logging a failure, then taking an HOUR to end. This is getting to be a significant problem for us, especially in testing and development, and I have found nothing in the documentation or on the indicating why this might be occurring or how to investigate it. We've tried logging a...

Quick campaign- change to all quick campaigns
Does any one know how to set the following to default. In the quick campaign view, change 'my quick campaigns' to 'all quick campaigns' Cheers Sid ...

Quick Part
When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 characters. Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction that cannot be changed? Catherine wrote: > When i add a new custom field E.g {DOCPROPERTY "Transaction > Comments" }to my document (Type: Text) there is a restriction to 255 > characters. > Is there any way to increase this? Or is this a M/S word restriction > that cannot be changed? It is a restriction that can't be changed. I d...

CRM Import wizard fails to open outlook ~
I am testing CRM in a lab before implementation and I want to test importing many contacts, when I open the import contacts tool (tools>import>contct) in web crm interface I get a message after selectying outlook that states "Microsoft Outlook cannot be started, Verify that Outlook is installed on this computer. And I am stuck right there. Please help. Thanks. Seth Seth; CRM needs Outlook installed if you want to import from an Ooutlook PST file. The catch is that you cannot install OL on a CRM server, so you will need to set up a client workstation with OL installed and h...

The Operation Failed #5
I am using Outlook XP and my computer just starting throwing "The Operation Failed" error message when I click on Send/Receive. I have not changed anything and the problem just appeared out of nowhere. I have closed Outlook and reopened, but it made no difference. I am still able to receive and send mail automatically, but I can't do it when I click Send/Receive. I still don't know what / why it happened, but I shut down the computer and rebooted. Problem appears to have rectified itself. >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook XP and my computer just s...

Quick Links Copy
Is there any way to copy Quick Links from one GP 10 user to another? Rich, I assume by "quick links" you are referring to the items on the user's Shortcut Bar. If this is correct, you can run the following query: INSERT INTO [DYNAMICS].[dbo].[SY01990] ([ScbGroupType] ,[ScbOwnerID] ,[ScbNodeID] ,[ScbParentNodeID] ,[ScbShortcutType] ,[ScbSubType] ,[ScbDisplayName] ,[ScbShortcutKey] ,[ScbTargetStringOne] ,[ScbTargetStringTwo] ,[ScbTargetStringThree] ...

EXCDO
Help anyone please, Have Exchange 2000 and get error message 8206 calendaring agent failed with error code 0xfffff9bf. Have McAffee virus scan installed but have definately turned of the M:\drive scanning and the exchange folders as per knowledge base articles. Did this from day one years ago. So what might be causing the error. Is a calendar appointment corrupt and can the error be safely ignored. Only have 3 of these errors in the last 6 months. -- Kath ...

Re: window.parent.location.reload() fails.
Yes, I made the OutlookClient.xml file in the Client computer. It works. My question is why does the javascript line of code window.parent.location.reload() fails in the Outlook Client window ? Anand Sagar ...

Distribution wizard fails
Hi a bit new to exchange 2003 so be gentle please :) We have sbs 2003 standard ed. Exchange 2003 is running in native mode. When I try to create a distribution group with wizard and want public folders and enable this group to receive email messages from outside, I get an error , after a wait of 2 minutes or so the error is , "The wizard could not successfully configure this group. The following could not be completed:- The exchange public folder could not be created." Do you want to keep this group , if I click yes there is a further error ,"An error occurred while run...

Quick Time
I have windows xp sp2,and want to know if I need Quick Time. Apparently it is not working correctly which it keeps reminding me, usually when I am on face book. So do I uninstall it and redo it or not? Thanks http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=943 "didee58" <didee58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E82461A-8192-407C-BAC7-10455759D56B@microsoft.com... :I have windows xp sp2,and want to know if I need Quick Time. Apparently it is : not working correctly which it keeps reminding me, usually when I am on face : book. So do I uninstal...

Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output.
Im currently refactoring an MFC application to an MFC DLL. What reasons would stop regsvr32 registering the DLL? It gives the following hint "Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry." Which I can assure you I do have. My hunch is it is something to do with some global data that may be being created etc - which was fine in an exe but now not in a DLL ? Are there some definate do's/dont's when using a DLL vs an EXE ? Has anybody had this type of problem before? Im just having to eliminate lots of code to try and find the culprit? &qu...

failed to determine account name
I'm trying to install MSCRM on a Win2K Server sp4 machine, and when I start the setup.exe, I get the following error message: "Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server Setup Error: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to determine your account name. Unspecified error (80004005)". Any idea what the heck this is? I can't even START the setup program??? no need to repost using a different email........... what I don't get is that you replied to Matt saying that it did work....... "Scott" <tsi@timeco...

Exch2k3 cluster keeps failing! Need urgent help please...
I am having *major* issues with my exchange cluster today, and I don't know what else to do. I have a 2-node A/P exch2k3 cluster, and all of a sudden the "smtp virtual server instance" would go into an "online-pending" state. Once this happens, everyone loses their connection to the server. After a while, it goes from online-pending, to failed. That problem is bad enough, but another problem is that, it didn't failover to the next node, and I've run diagnostics on the server nodes, and they seem to be fine hardware-wise. These nodes are connected to an ...

quick question
So I extended my Windows 2003 to support Windows 2008, making my schema version now 44. I do not wish to to install a windows 2008 DC, can I still use the features such as RODC and probably fine grain password policy etc? Howdie! On 30.03.2010 15:28, Nik wrote: > So I extended my Windows 2003 to support Windows 2008, making my schema > version now 44. > I do not wish to to install a windows 2008 DC, can I still use the > features such as RODC and probably fine grain password policy etc? No, you can't. For RODCs, you need a full-DC with Server 2008 in the hu...

SaveBarState fails when it is called from a thread #8
Hi, In my application, I use SaveBarState() for persisting control bar state. The code fragment is something like this. void CMainFrame::OnSavePersistance() { SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); // Saves some information to an xml file } Since my xml saving takes some time I changed the code to execute in a thread UINT ThreadFn(LPVOID pParam) { CMainFrame* pThis = (CMainFrame*)pParam; pThis->SaveBarState(_T("My Persistence")); return 0; } void CMainFrame::OnCntrlbartst() { AfxBeginThread( ThreadFn, this ); } But, now in the thread function SaveBarState...

A Quick Question
Greetings: Could somebody please explain to me the difference between OnPaint and OnDraw? Thank you, Mark Roberts OnDraw will be called by the defualt implementation of OnPrint( ), passing the Printer DC. So you can check for CDC::IsPrinting( ) to know whether the DC object you got is of printer or display. "Mark Roberts" <mcroberts@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:40325A3E.4070600@sympatico.ca... > Greetings: > > Could somebody please explain to me the > difference between OnPaint and OnDraw? > > Thank you, > Mark Roberts > OnPaint is calle...

Excel ODBC driver fails to update XLS if a formula exists
Searching for an answer via Google and Bing didn't help, so I'm asking here. I'm using an old version of Visual Studio but I think the problem is in the ODBC driver for Excel. I found code on the Internet for a class called CSpreadsheet which successfully inserts columns into an empty Excel XLS spreadsheet just like I need, but when I try to do the same thing to an existing spreadsheet that contains even one formula like =SUM(A1:A12) none of the cells I try to update accept the values. The non-fatal error out of the Commit() being done says: Cannot delete spread...

RPC Redirect failing
We are running Exhchange 2k, Win2k Server and having mixed results with RPC redirect for our exchange users to retrieve / send e-mail when accessing through the internet. My first thought was that it might be ISP releated, but myself being the geek that I am have several computers at home, with varying degrees of sucess / failure I have 3 machines all running windows xp pro 1 with office 2003 2 with office xp The one with offcie 2003 consistently works with rpc redirect (wired, wireless, dialup) - used 3 different ISP - both dialup and brodband - 1 XP Pro/Office xp on my home network (wired...

Quick view
My new emails are not coming to quick view folder in windows live mail, how do I fix this. thanks in advance..!!! Rgds, Jay Windows Live Mail version ? - WLM Menu/Help/About Microsoft Windows Live Mail (press the Alt key if the menu is not present) -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39FB218A-6485-4866-830E-E2A97D9F1E2C@microsoft.com... > My new emails are not coming to quick view folder in windows live mail, how > do I fix this. thanks in advance..!!! > > Rgds, > Jay Try right...

Delete a custom margin from the Quick Access toolbar
I am using Word 2007 and created a custom margin on the Quick Access toolbar margin list. Now I realize that the printer needs to have .55 instead of .5 on the bottom margin. How do I delete that custom margin I created or make a correction to the original? Right-click on it. kalispunk wrote: > I am using Word 2007 and created a custom margin on the Quick Access toolbar > margin list. Now I realize that the printer needs to have .55 instead of .5 > on the bottom margin. How do I delete that custom margin I created or make a > correction to the original? ...