Questions about outlook client offline mode for 4.0

Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to
increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm contacts
and other information store in a seperate datebase?

I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where
does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if I
synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic, any
help would be great!!
0
Rich (271)
7/18/2008 7:25:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Sorry I CAN NOT find any documantation on this topic.

Any help would be great!

"Rich" wrote:

> Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to
> increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm contacts
> and other information store in a seperate datebase?
>
> I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where
> does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if I
> synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic, any
> help would be great!!
0
Rich (271)
7/18/2008 7:27:01 PM
You are putting two things in context .

1 = Outlook  -here we are concerned about datafiles ....or
so ....please check the outlook help

 2 = offline clinet of CRM---SQL express edition

CRM offline client uses "sql express edition " for offline container .
The data will be on most probably at the local disk where you have
data files of sql . The amount data will depend upon the amount of
data you are synchronizing while editing  the local groups.

/Aamir
0
whatelseto (435)
7/18/2008 7:46:58 PM
Importing/sync'ing 30K contacts from CRM to your Outlook's contact... WILL
increase the size of your mailbox on your Exchange server.

--
Cheers, Glen
XP SP3 and Vista Ultimate SP1 running on a Dell D820 (2.16GHz Core 2 Duo,

"Rich" <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if importing 30,00 contacts into my outlook is going to
> increase the size of my mailbox on the exchange sever or are the crm
> contacts
> and other information store in a seperate datebase?
>
> I guess my underlining question is how does crm work with outlook, where
> does data get stored, how much can it impact the space on the harddrive if
> synconize with crm offline? I can find any documentation on this topic,
> any
> help would be great!!

Outlook Delete folder problems
I can not permenately delete messages from Outlook 2000. I have run the Inbox Repair tool twice and it has found nothing. Where do I go from here? I also am unable to delete messages from my Inbox as well. Thanks, Kim Kim@traveldog.com ...

Outlook 2003 Cache Mode not working
Hello, I have a problem with one of my users using Exchange 2003 Cached mode. He can't see all the mail in his inbox, anything after last friday is not there. However if he uses OWA he can see all his email, if he uses Outlook 2003 not in cached mode he can see all his mail. I tried setting his account up on a different system and get exactly the same problem. We are running Exchange 2000 Ent. Hopefully domebody has seen thjis before and can offer a solution. Many thanks Nick In news:E62A0664-EF57-432B-9877-7E0007D8DE7B@microsoft.com, Nick Nack <NickNack@discussions.microso...

Backup question

Outlook Send/receive asks for Smart card.
Using W7 with Office 2003. Send and receive worked great to get to ATT but then I set -up Remote Desktop Connection to get to my office TS Gateway with a smart card. Now every time I do Send and Receive on Outlook, a pop-up window tells me to insert smart card. How do I get it to stop? Even willing to stop using connection to office but I can't figure out how to remove the smart card configuration. ...

emails appearing after 4 years, again! #4
I've recieved an email that was sent to me 4 years ago, in my Inbox. What causes this? The Sender is still working with me and he definitely does not have a copy of the letter. ...

a question and a question

Outlook.pst Permissions
I have a WinXP workstation shared between two users, Administrator and Accounting. Both are members of the Administrators User Group. When a user logs on as Accounting he is unable to access the Outlokk .pst file because of a permissions violation. If the user logs on as Administrator, everything is wonderful. How can I make sure the post office file is accessible when the user logs on as accounting? Make sure that the PST file is located in a folder where both groups/users have full access to the file. (e.g. Check the NTFS permissions since this is where it sounds like it is getting h...

Outlook 2000 SR 1
Hi Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only Receiving mail is fine Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again Any ideas? Did you go into your POP/IMAP account(s) and retype the SMTP server name? "Jack" <jackmartintan@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:407146b6$0$4574$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... > Hi > > Getting an error when sending mail locally and externally only > Receiving mail is fine > > Error - The smtp server was not specified please try again > > Any ideas? > > Yes have done that &q...

Delay delivery Exch 5.5 & Outlook XP
hello, i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination with an exch 5.5. under options i can say "Delay delivery" if i set this option the mail is in the outbox, but stays there for ever nothing happens! it is not send at the specified time, even i leave outlook open. i read this has something to do with the cache mode! has an exchange 5.5 also a cache mode? and if yes, where can i change this? thanks fpr helping patrick P. Fischer wrote: > hello, > > i have a problem with delaying delivery in outlook xp ind combination > with an exch 5.5. u...

Time Zones & Outlook
When you change the Time Zone on your PC, All-Day events span two days. The MS workaround is to change the Start- End dates on each and every event/appointment. As this is not exactly the 'best' workaround, does anyone have a better one? Thanks!! Have you also seen the following MSKB article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290835&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:020e01c3b847$48642fa0$a401280a...

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

importing e-mail files from Outlook express
I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now like to import my saved e-mail file folders to WLM. Will they show up in the WLM storage folders area? Will the file folder structure from OE be maintained ? And since OE did not differentiate between inbox and outbox, where will the go ? -- guenters Answered inline.. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "guenters" <guenters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E746AC3E-CD7B-48F9-B7CB-415F51E5907E@microsoft.com... > I just switched over from outlook express yesterday, and would now...

CRM 4.0 and Outlook 2007 clients synchronizing forever.
We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is synchronizing the folders forever. A total restart of Outlook 2007 on the client computer is the only way to get it up and running again. All servicepacks are installed on the client. Any solution to this problem ? Kay "Kay-Christian Wessel" <kayhanse@netcom.no> wrote in message news:ue46jXljIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing > the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is ...

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Windows XP Pro
Hi, I recently replaced my Outlook.pst file with a backed up one and by doing so, I now have 3 entries called "Personal Folders", instead of 1, that contain *exactly* the same thing. Needless to say it's completely useless and that I would very much like to get rid of the extra entries. This said, when right clicking on the additional 2 entries, I am not allowed to close them... Would have I missed something obvious? Sure, it's not a critical problem, but I just find it irritating, not to mention completely illogical to have 3 identical entries... Cheers, Alan. You&#...

Outlook 2003: Will Not Open
Out of no-where: Today Outlook decided to not open. Here is the error message: "Can not start microsoft outlook. Unable to open outlook window. The set of folders cold not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists". There is no problem with the server, I checked. I have no "Administrator" My kid is only 11 so it will be another year or 2 before he earns that title. What now? Any suggestions would be appreciated. (For the rest of my life, anytime I encounter any problem with another person I am going to tell them to...

Question

Outlook Scheduling Error
I am get the following error when I create an appointment then select Track in CRM. I have also noticed that sometimes I do not get the error and it does not assign my account. This forces the activity to disappear from my calendar. If I go to the activity and assign myself as the resource then it shows in my calendar. Has any one else seen this issue? Scheduling Error The following potential problems have been found No resources have been selected for this activity. Do you want to ignore these errors and save? I am getting the same message. Did you ever get this resolved? "tkuh...

Outlook hangs when started
I'm running outlook express v.6 on windows XP. Recently I did some major cleaning of my mail box (removing old e- mails, storing messages in different folders, and saving some digital photo attachments). I was in a new folder I created and when I tried to switch back to my main inbox folder the application hung. So terminated the program and re-opened it.. same thing.. it hung. So I restarted my computer... it still hangs. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks, Nick You will find that posting in an Outlook Express group will garner a faster answer - this group supports ...

OWA Question #16

How do I get Outlook to receive my Cox.net email?
I have entered the pop3 and smtp addresses in Microsoft office 2003 Outlook according to the microsoft intructions for cox.net. I am able to send email but any incoming mail is still going to the Cox site, not to Outlook. "SusiB" <SusiB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67B45144-3C1E-4AC3-A3C1-5C33CAB11D8E@microsoft.com... >I have entered the pop3 and smtp addresses in Microsoft office 2003 Outlook > according to the microsoft intructions for cox.net. I am able to send > email > but any incoming mail is still going to the Cox site, not to Outlook...

401K questions