Question regarding CRM Activity

I'm trying to create a new Activity in CRM Sales for
Outlook, specifically an Appointment.  I am trying to
include another CRM user in the appointment, and would
hope that CRM would notify said user via email.

What happens is CRM addresses the user by his domain
login, and Outlook does not properly associate any email
address with this user (even though his email is set
properly within Active Directory).

Am I expecting too much out of CRM and Outlook?  Is there
some blatantly obvious configuration that I'm missing?
This seems like it should be core functionality, but I'm
stumped.  Any input definitely appreciated.

Thanks.
-David
0
DavidQ
8/12/2003 3:46:50 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

So, within CRM Sales for Outlook, if I am in the
Activities screen and choose to create a new appointment,
there is no way to correctly include other attendees?
That doesn't seem to make much sense, BUT it's not wholly
surprising.

Yikes!  Oh, more and more each day I dislike this one-dot-
oh-ness.

other
>attendees, the only way is to use CRM appointment button
>in Outlook.

0
DavidQ

Ms CRM 30
Dear all. I need your precious help in configuring security roles. We the following organization: 2 business units, called A and B. A has 2 child business units, called A1 and A2. We would like that: - contacts under A1 or A2 must be visible (read-only) by all users under A1 or A2 but editable only by users in owner business unit (i.e. contacts in A1 are read-only for A2 and read-write for A1, contacts in A2 are read-only for A1 and read-write for A2) - but contacts in B must be visible and editable only by users in B. I tried several configurations of users and roles but I can’t find the ...

Backup question

a question and a question

CRM 4.0 and Outlook 2007 clients synchronizing forever.
We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is synchronizing the folders forever. A total restart of Outlook 2007 on the client computer is the only way to get it up and running again. All servicepacks are installed on the client. Any solution to this problem ? Kay "Kay-Christian Wessel" <kayhanse@netcom.no> wrote in message news:ue46jXljIHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have installed some Outlook 2007 CRM 4.0 clients and after installing > the CRM client it seems that Outlook 2007 is ...

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Auditing on Microsoft CRM
I need to know how one can properly audit user access, changes to CRM records etc. Is there a way to configure this within the application, or should this be done at the database level. Thanks, Wale. These guys have a solution for this: http://www.vscrm.com/productline.htm Never uesd it myself so cant speak for it but looks pretty functional. HTH Roger "walepop@hotmail.com" <walepophotmailcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:058291A2-692A-411A-A080-14526497C5B9@microsoft.com... >I need to know how one can properly audit user access, > changes to CR...

Question

CRM Email Template Editing Capabilities
After researching all over the globe on the specifics of opt-in emails, I've learned countless tips and tricks to make the code of my emails work. I've also discovered that there are many programs to create these emails and send them out. Just recently, my company decided to switch to CRM and with regards to creating email templates, it was like going back in time about 3 or 4 years. My biggest question to Microsoft is... Why? I code these emails in basic HTML form and upload all of my images to my server. The best way that I have ever found to send these emails is through ...

OWA Question #16

Change CRM 3.0 Default Font
I use CRM at work and from home, and the font for messages is always Arial at home and Tahoma at work. Is there anywhere to change this? The only difference is that at home I use XP, at work Vista. Steve ...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

Recreate Active Directory Account Failed Reconnect to Old Mailbox
Windows 2000 Active Directory / Exchange 2000 Environment. A user account was having permissions issues. The account was deleted from active directory. A new account, identical in all specs was made. The new account may have been set to create a new mail box. As a result, the new user has no emails and the old mailbox is still there sitting unattached. Since the user already has an account / email, we can't reconnect the mailbox to the user account. I suspect that the course of action next is to. 1) Delete the new account which will disconnect the new empty mailbox. 2) Purge the em...

Setting Due Date in Phone Activity
Hi, How to set Due date to say next day by default in PhoneCall Activity? Also need to add some default value to other field, how to do that? Thanks Ken ...

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

CRM SDK 12-16-03
I am trying to calculate the value of one field based on 2 others. I have looked at the SDK, and I can code either VB.NET and C#.NET. Does anyone have a sample I could look at? This is not a support customization, sadly. Your best bet is to export the schema, find fields that have JS events attached to them, and then add JS to the two fields your calculating with using the existing event fields as an example. Then re-import/publish the schema. It's not a supported mod, but it will work. Mike McGuinness Lead Developer GaleForce Solutions Inc. "JohnS" <johnsturmer@hotma...

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

I need a part number of CRM Technical CAL
Hi! I'm a independet integrator of systems, from Brazil and I need the Part Number of CRM Technical CAL... therefore the brazilian Microsoft this not obtaining to inform this part number to me. Somebody can help me? Thanks ...