Question about Mapping

I add a new mapping from Product(discription) to Incident(discription) and
then publish and reset iis. However, when new Case and select a product, I
cannot see the data from product discription to the incident discription.

Can anybody help me ??????
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Only 1 mapping will take effect when a record is created and they only impact
the record creations, not updates.  When you add a Product to a case, the case
has already been created, so the map is not used.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:33:03 -0800, "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I add a new mapping from Product(discription) to Incident(discription) and
then publish and reset iis. However, when new Case and select a product, I
cannot see the data from product discription to the incident discription.

Can anybody help me ??????

0
Matt
12/3/2004 6:55:37 PM
Thank you Matt very much.
However, I am confused.
1 If I create a case(before clicking save) and add a product to a case, does
that mean this case already existing ?
2 You said only 1 mapping will take effect. However I saw in the account
there are several builtin mappings. If only 1 mapping is valid, why microsoft
create so many mapping in the account ?

Appreciate you great if you could follow up and help me

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Only 1 mapping will take effect when a record is created and they only impact
> the record creations, not updates.  When you add a Product to a case, the case
> has already been created, so the map is not used.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:33:03 -0800, "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> I add a new mapping from Product(discription) to Incident(discription) and
> then publish and reset iis. However, when new Case and select a product, I
> cannot see the data from product discription to the incident discription.
>
> Can anybody help me ??????

The map kicks in when the form is initially displayed (yes, that's prior to
actually "saving").  However, the map that is used is dictated by where you are
when you choose "New Case".  If you select "New Case" from the Case tab on an
Account or Contact (or the Add Related Case menu), then the map from Account (or
Contact) to Case will be used.

obviously, there ar e a lot of objects that can be created "from" an Account.
That is the various maps you see under Account in Deploymenet Manager.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Only 1 mapping will take effect when a record is created and they only impact
> the record creations, not updates.  When you add a Product to a case, the case
> has already been created, so the map is not used.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:33:03 -0800, "Drew" <Drew@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> I add a new mapping from Product(discription) to Incident(discription) and
> then publish and reset iis. However, when new Case and select a product, I
> cannot see the data from product discription to the incident discription.
>
> Can anybody help me ??????

0
Matt

newbie persistence question
I have a small dialog app that I'm unable to get data I'm pulling from files to persist when passed to a container in another class. The data retrieval is done from within the dialog class when a control button is pushed. So, here's the example: MyDlg.h #inlude "OtherClass.h" MyDlg.cpp void MyDlg::OnFileScan() { //... iterate through files and get data CString and integer OtherClass a; //is this the problem here? new instance everytime? a.ProcessData(word, number); } ///// OtherClass.h map<string, int> myMap; OtherClass.cpp void OtherClass::ProcessData(...

Mailbox Manager Question
Dear all, Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain selected users. I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all mailbox. I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with latest patches. Please help. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. Hi Kueh, You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of these users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom Attribute 1, and the value might be mailboxManager. Then when creating your mailbox manager policy,...

defrag question
Hi, -Exchange 2003 server I need to run edbutil to defrag my database offline and run integ to check the integrity. is it possible for me to move the database file to another server and run edbutil? the reason i need to do this is my hardware is unstable. i have another test exchange 2003 server which is a stable hardware. i want to do offline defrag first, bring it back to the original server, move all the log files, then run integrity check on it so i can move mailboxes to my new exchange server which is a stable hardware. thanks tony http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244525 On Fri, 2...

IFS File Type Question
We have Exchange Server 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. Originally, the Information Store was located on the C: drive. We then installed a sepearate drive to house the Information Store and the log files are still written to the C: drive. In the c:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA directory, there are several files that are 256K each dating back to 11/2003 with a file extension of .IFS. There are also several of these files dating back to 4/2004 in the L:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\Employee Mailboxes folder on the L: drive where our information store is located. Can...

Pivot Table Question
Hi I run Win2K with Excel 2K I have a pivot table with a number of headings. Whenever I refresh the table the columns always adjust to autofit the headings. I would like to know is there any way that you can fix the column widths on a pivot table so that when you refresh the data they do not go back to the original with. Thanks, any help is much appreciated John Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose Table Options Ensure that Preserve Formatting is turned on, and AutoFormat is turned off. Click OK John Calder wrote: > I run Win2K with Excel 2K > > I have a pivot ...

Question about Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime
What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime? Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications: 2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2; and 3.5 SP1 ? Thank you "Holmes" <Holmes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58D9B5CA-8C2A-4541-8B9D-17811F4B58CA@microsoft.com... > What is Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime? > Is it part of any of these .NET Framework applications: 2.0 SP2; 3.0 SP2; > and 3.5 SP1 ? > > Thank you Google is your friend; don't be afraid to use it: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=What+is+Microsoft+WSE+3.0+Runtime&a...

Crosstab query question 01-07-10
I have a question about using crosstab query of course maybe there is another way and any help would be great appreciated. The problem is that the crosstab query is that it uses some type of function(sum, first, min) etc. I need it to just show all the data. An example would be: Instrument Date Result Machine1 12/01/2009 20.1 Machine1 12/01/2009 22.5 Machine1 12/02/2009 23 Machine2 12/01/2009 25 Machine2 12/02/2009 ...

Macro Output Question
Hello, I was given some excellent help on the forum, and thanks to all. Need help with one more thing to finish. I was given the below macro to be able to enter a number in one cell and the output cell would continuously add up the sum. I need to take the output sum and subtract it from another cell, but I keep getting an error. What do I need to do to make this happen. Thanks JR Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) With Target If .Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Intersect(.Cells, Range("C2:C15")) Then I...

few basic (I hope) questions from a noob
Hi, It's been a few days since I began using MS VS.NET. I am trying to do a simple steganography project using MFC. I've got a few questions, I don't know answer to.. 1. I have a CEdit control, where I would like to display text loaded from a file. I've set multiline option on, the same with vertical scroll. I am using CString variable to load the text to it. Character after a character i am reading the file and appending it to the CString variable. But the text in CEdit doesn't seem to look even familiar to the text in file. Well, the text is the same, but there are ...

Stock control question
Although I have used Excel for years I have never had the need to use a complicated formula. I am trying to set up a stock control spreadsheet where multiple items are deducted when I click on one cell. What I am trying to do is each time I click on cell A3 "Item" all the amounts in C will be deducted from D and the difference between B and D will show in E A B C D E 1 Normal Amount In stock To be 2 Stock level...

Serialization Question #3
MFC provides CArchive in support of serialization. We can save and open an object in a persistent way. Here is my furthur question: How to derive a class from CArchive and let it remember the current caret position and clipboard objects such that we get the same environment when we open the object next time. You don't derive from CArchive for this. You would derive a different class, such as CSmartEdit, from a CEdit, that would serialize the edit control and also the GetPos() values. That has nothing to do with CArchive. And it would be a Really Bad Idea to modify the clipboard withou...

Visual Basic Question
I have the following formula that I use in visual basic to update a pivot table from a pivot table. I want to alter the formula to update a pivot table from a set of data (that was brought in from a query to excel). How do I alter my formula below? Sheets("Commissions").Select ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlPivotTable, SourceData:= _ "[Munge_Report.xls]Data!Query" Posted to Programming to get a faster reply. "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132600147.868091.262230@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I ha...

SMTP incoming filter question
Hi there, Ex2003SP1 FE & BE both runnin on W2K3 server. For all users, they can only access EX2003 via 2 methods: OL2003 caching mode, or OWA2003. Assume my email domain is domain.com In such case, at smtp connector, can I block all incoming smtp emails with sender *@domain.com ? My idea is, since all internal users can only use OL2003 or OWA2003, all emails already handled internally, no need to route thru smtp connector. So at smtp connector if received emails claiming themselves from domain.com it must be spoofed & should be filtered. Is my concept correct or wrong? Than...

OWA question #11
I currently have OWA installed on a second server, but this machine is no-where near as capable as my actual exchange server. IE it uses SATA drives. My MOM server is constantly giving me disk read/write faults on this, and I was basically wondering if it would be better to run OWA off my regular Exchange server. Both are behind the firewall so it's only a matter of forwarding port 443 to a different IP address on my network. Or is it possible to install only OWA. I'm running exchange 2k3 sp2 on windows server 2k3. My only concern about using only one exchange server is that it ...

Label Question
I have a report that is grouped by lawsuit type. Example Civil, Class Action. In the lawsuit_type footer I have a count that counts each group. The current label is Lawsuit Type Count. Is there a way so myb label can say Civil Count and then for the section with Class Action say Class Action count? I am not sure of the syntax. Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Change the label to a text box and set the control source to something like: =[LawsuitType] & " Count" -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "scott04" wrote: > I have a report that is groupe...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool Question
When running the exchange data update tool, do participants of updated calendar items have to manually accept each updated meeting again or is there a way to bypass this like with using just the Outlook tool? I thought the Exchange update tool is supposed to just be a way to run the Outlook tool in a batch form from the server. The Outlook tool is supposed to give you the option to update attendees or not, but I haven't seen this mentioned in documentation for the Exchange. - The Exchange Calendar Update Tool calls the Outlook Calendar Update Tool TzMove.exe (or as MS calls it, &q...

help question so basic I can not find answer
When I type in 16 or more numbers in a cell it always turns the last one to a 0 and even when I pick the format number it still changes the last number into a o. How can I make excell leave the digital number I type in? -- ed101 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ed101's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390072 Excel only keeps track of 16 digits. So you can either preformat the cell as text or enter your data as text (start with an a...

question....Can a query retrieve data from a streaming java table?
I have been told it cant but would like to make sure by asking a few more technically minded people.............. If it can would someone like to let me know how to go about capturing some data? thanks ....... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Question for the MVP's
For the Dynamics MVP's who hang out here, it looks like Convergence and the MVP summit overlap this year. Are you going to one or the other and why? Mark (dynamicaccounting.net) ...

Question #5
"How to customize the menus by an individual user ?" My teacher ask me this question today. i wish that excel really had the USER feature, or is he meaning user accounts in windows 2000/xp. thanks for helping. If you want to know how you can customize an Excel menu here are some places to look. Toolbars, Custom Buttons and Menus http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/toolbars.htm Custom Menus in Excel 97 , Tip 53 "Menu Maker", John Walkenbach. http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip53.htm As far as whether it is an Excel question or a Windows question goes, I...

Pivot Table Question #7
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

The Questions part 4
1- Changing Admin group name in the production exchange server can make any trouble ... if yes then please tell me the solution 2- In routing group bridgehead server is elected by poll or we have to define it 3- What is the Difference between Dir Sync Requester and Dir Sync Server 4- What is the difference between routing connector and smtp connector thanks for answering me those questions ... i will appreciate your participation. 1. Should not be a problem. 2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822929/en-us. I'd recommend specifying more than 1 server if possible. 3. In what contex...

Subreport Question
I have a report that contains a subreport. The subreport is used to tally year to date totals while my mail report gives me monthly totals. When I run the subreport by its self it works correctly and it sums records 1, 2, and 3 that were created in 2007. When I use the report that contains the same subreport is only gives me record number 3 for the YTD totals. Anyone ever have a problem like this? Any suggestions? Thanks I created a new subreport backed off the same info and it worked....i have no clue why this would have happened though "scott04" wrote: > I have a r...

Waitable Timer Question Please help!
Hello I am trying to use the waitable timer in a MFC project and using MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx() to wai on the timer handle. But my timer callback doesnot get executed. Below is the source code with al the error checking removed. Please help me to fix this problem //Global int wLoopCount= 0 void CTimerTestDlg::OnStartTimer() HANDLE hTimer[1] LARGE_INTEGER liDueTime int breakLoop = 0 int retVal = 0 // Create waitable time hTimer[0] = CreateWaitableTimer(NULL, TRUE, "WaitableTimer") // start the timer 5 sec from now and tick every 2 se liDueTime.QuadPart = -5000...

Upgrade Swing Mode SSL Question
Hello everybody I want to upgrade my E2k3 server which is running W2kS to the W2k3S. I set up a new E2k3S to act as a swing server, but I have a SSL associated to the alias webmail.mydomian.pt When I move a mailbox to the swing server I not able to connect to OWA because the address changes to swinghostname.mydomain.pt. How can I move mailboxes without disabling SSL certificate? Thank you all very much, Filipa Gaudêncio This is not really going to be possible unless you have a frontend server as the DNS entry for webmail.mydomain.pt is going to be pointing to a single IP address...