Publishing CRM Web

I have a client, customer, that I service for their network & IT
administration of Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and about 15
workstations on a LAN and two remote offices with 4 remote clients that
currently vpn in to work. About a year ago, we contracted with outsource
consultant to install MS CRM 1.2 on the small business server. A few months
ago, said consultant upgraded the customer to CRM 3.0. The customer purchased
a new Windows Server 2K3 R2, which I installed and setup as a member server
in the current domain. I then installed the necessary components for
consultant to come in and install CRM 3.0 and they then migrated everything
over from 1.2.

The problem I'm having is that I can't get the crmweb component to publish
externally. Since there are critical components on the Small Business Server
that utilize ports 80 & 443, I was thinking that I had to publish on
alternate ports; however I then think I'm hitting some DNS and naming issues
that I can't resovlve. Consultant installed the web component and it took
over the default website on the member server and renamed it Microsoft CRM
v3.0. I edited the settings of the site to publish on http port 81 and https
port 446 and created a host header on http of 'crm'. I've created a new web
listener specifically for the crmweb component and have it listening on those
two specific ports and I created new protocols for those ports as well.

When I try to access https://FQDN:446 I receive the infamous: Error Code:
500 Internal Server Error. The target principal name is incorrect.
(-2146893022), of which I've researched ad nauseum to no avail. When I try to
access http://FQDN:81 I receive the other infamous: Error Code 10061:
Connection refused
Background: When the gateway or proxy server contacted the upstream (Web)
server, the connection was refused. This usually results from trying to
connect to a service that is inactive on the upstream server.
On both occasions, in my ISA connection query, the connection initiates and
then produces a GET:http:// on the https initial call. I cannot figure out
why the translation comes back with http. I could use some help here.

I've searched the newsgroups, application specific sites such as
isaserver.org, and microsoft as well and have come up empty and the client is
at wits end. I really need some assistance with this.

Is there a simple recipe that you have that you can send me, or provide a
phone number for me to call at a convenient time, or I can even provide
access to the server(s) for your engineers to take a look.

Please advise,

TIA

--
Jeff A
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

MS CRM & Sharepoint Services
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience incorporating MS CRM into a sharepoint services portal? (Win2k3) This seems like a logical solution but i cannot find reference to a similar case anywhere. We want to allow staff to enter via the sharepoint site and have access to Webmail & MS CRM as well as the features of Sharepoint. Any help or comments would be appreciated. - Stu ...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Help on synchroning contacts from CRM to Outlook, please!
When I clicked go offline button in MS Outlook laptop version, it started to syncronize the data from CRM. But I always got an error message: "An unknown error occurred while syncronizing data to Outlook, Value does not fall within the expected range" , although in Option...Synchronization...Contacts UNCHECKED. In TASKS tab, at the end it says synchronizing 133 contacts to Outlook CANCELLED. Can anybody suggest what the problem is and how to fix it? Sorry. I forgot to say that it is MS outlook 2003, CRM 3.0 on server and client. "Cindy" wrote: > When I clicked...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Sending Publisher Files

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

CRM Client
I am trying to install the CRM client on a citrix server using the terminal server client setup instructions. The initial client installation goes fine and users can access the CRM webclient when logging into the machine. However, when the terminstall.cmd command is run I receive a bunch of "Error in command line paramerters". When the command line is finished the client isn't installed. I checked the log files but they didn't really give me an information. Any ideas? One more thing, the citrix server is on a different domain with trusts setup. Thanks. The CRM client i...

CRM "multiple instance"
Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on the same LAN? if so how would be the email router be configured?! Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed on it all Applications instances? mrefaat wrote: > Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on > the same LAN? > if so how would be the email router be configured?! > > Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed > on it all Applications instances? Hello, Multiple CRM 1.2 instances on the same LAN works fine together. One Exchange server can serve exactly one CRM 1....

Publisher 2000 #23

Microsoft CRM for Outlook
I have installed Microsoft CRM for Outlook on my computer. It worked for a little bit. Now every time I restart Outlook it crashes Outlook and disables Microsoft CRM for Outlook. I have to reopen Outlook and re-enable CRM for Outlook in order for it to work again. Do you know why this is happening? How is CRM for Outlook disabled/enabled (i.e. where are you going to "enable" the SFO client)? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Brie" <Brie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Publisher 2003

CRM Server controls(App Components)
hi Is there any way to get the controls that are used in CRM outside(App Components)? I'm trying to create a new page (add on) to MSCRM 1.1 i've added the crm control (thru VS.NET 2003 toolbox-customize....) when i drag the control into my page that is not created instead showing an "error creating control...". i've added all the App Components DLL's to my application bin also. What shall i do to get the control? Thanks Jack ...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Random emails tracked in CRM 3.0
Hello- Would anyone know why emails that have not been set to track in CRM would appear against random companies within CRM 3.0. ? This is a new company I've joined, and there was no IT handover, so I'm trying to bodge my way through things. They use Exchange 2003. I have checked the users' settings- they do not have 'track all emails' set. Many thanks L ...

CURRENCY SYMBOL MICROSOFT CRM
From Excel I try the AutoSum Icon on Estimated Revenues (Opportunities) exported from MS CRM but it doesn't work. The Currency Symbol under System Setting is NOK. I've even tried with $ with the same bad result. Does anyone have a solution here? ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Multiple Meetings being sent by Outlook CRM
We have been experiencing an issue where clients who modify reoccuring, existing Outlook appointments are having the message sent to all meeting participants multiple times. Sometimes close to 30 times. It appears that CRM breaks the message up by day and resends it for each time, instead of as a reoccurance. Has anyone else seen this behavior in the field and is there any know fix/workaround known to the group? Thank you in advance, Scott ...