Publish CRM with SSL and reports-services URL

We have published our CRM webserver externally using SSL (without ISA I
might add). I just cloned the default CRM website in IIS, and adapted that
for SSL.
So we now have 2 CRM websites, one for internal use and 1 for external use.
Obviously they are 1 and the same CRM system, just 2 websites. Works fine so
far.

But, the trouble starts with reports. The report-services are located on our
SQL database server. This is accessed in CRM in the background using a
different URL then CRM itself. This doesn't matter for Internal use. The
trouble starts externally, since this URL is not SSL enabled and, more
importantly, not available for access from the outside. So reports don't
work in the CRM SSL version.

Let's say I am able to make the report-services also use SSL and be
available Externally. How do I 'tell' CRM to use this new URL ? (I now
diddly squad about programming).

Grtz
Richard

0
RichardW
6/29/2007 12:56:29 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

In fact, changing the registery isn't even necessary. You can do this from
the deployment manager at the server manager :)
--
Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP
Avanade Netherlands

"RichardW" wrote:

> We have published our CRM webserver externally using SSL (without ISA I
> might add). I just cloned the default CRM website in IIS, and adapted that
> for SSL.
> So we now have 2 CRM websites, one for internal use and 1 for external use.
> Obviously they are 1 and the same CRM system, just 2 websites. Works fine so
> far.
>
> But, the trouble starts with reports. The report-services are located on our
> SQL database server. This is accessed in CRM in the background using a
> different URL then CRM itself. This doesn't matter for Internal use. The
> trouble starts externally, since this URL is not SSL enabled and, more
> importantly, not available for access from the outside. So reports don't
> work in the CRM SSL version.
>
> Let's say I am able to make the report-services also use SSL and be
> available Externally. How do I 'tell' CRM to use this new URL ? (I now
> diddly squad about programming).
>
> Grtz
> Richard

Hi Richard,

You would then go into the registery of the crm web server and modify the
report server url and some more modifications. These are listed out here:
http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/changesrs.mspx

Hope this helps,
--
Ronald Lemmen - MSCRM MVP
Avanade Netherlands

"RichardW" wrote:

> We have published our CRM webserver externally using SSL (without ISA I
> might add). I just cloned the default CRM website in IIS, and adapted that
> for SSL.
> So we now have 2 CRM websites, one for internal use and 1 for external use.
> Obviously they are 1 and the same CRM system, just 2 websites. Works fine so
> far.
>
> But, the trouble starts with reports. The report-services are located on our
> SQL database server. This is accessed in CRM in the background using a
> different URL then CRM itself. This doesn't matter for Internal use. The
> trouble starts externally, since this URL is not SSL enabled and, more
> importantly, not available for access from the outside. So reports don't
> work in the CRM SSL version.
>
> Let's say I am able to make the report-services also use SSL and be
> available Externally. How do I 'tell' CRM to use this new URL ? (I now
> diddly squad about programming).
>
> Grtz
> Richard

Cross Company Reporting
I am reasonably familiar with GP/FRX/Crystal. However, how do I create reports in Crystal/FRX which span Companies. Presumably I have to hit multiple databases, but do not know how this can be done. Please help. I think the best thing would be to create views that have all the data from the companies. You then build the report on top of the view. There may be other ways but I would bet that you will need to resort to SQL views sooner or later. On a different note, I think the advanced analysis cubes give you cross-company reporting capabilities. While the initial cost could be cons...

How to have report text shift left ? (Fname MI Lname)
When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left and not be spaced out... Not Like... John A Smith But like... John A. Smith. I looked at properties for the fields on the report but need guidance. thanks for any help. "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in news:46d33b94$0$6491$4c368faf@roadrunner.com: > When creating a report we want the Fname MI Lname to shift left > and not be spaced out... > > Not Like... > > John A Smith > > But like... > > John A. Smith. > > ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Custom reports #8
I am trying to set up a custom report for my business that will diplay something like: SalesRep|Item|Discount($0 if none)|SalePrice|TotalPrice...All that I can't figure out is how to show what items were discounted and how much for. Also, is there any way to pull up the Top Sales Rep list and have it show on there how much each employee has discounted for the week? Any help would be greatly appreciated! hi AGC62, your first query about the report you can do so if you know how to modify the active report the .grp files, however if not we are here to help you out. I have the report ...

MS CRM & Sharepoint Services
Hi All, Does anyone have any experience incorporating MS CRM into a sharepoint services portal? (Win2k3) This seems like a logical solution but i cannot find reference to a similar case anywhere. We want to allow staff to enter via the sharepoint site and have access to Webmail & MS CRM as well as the features of Sharepoint. Any help or comments would be appreciated. - Stu ...

publisher #74

Help on synchroning contacts from CRM to Outlook, please!
When I clicked go offline button in MS Outlook laptop version, it started to syncronize the data from CRM. But I always got an error message: "An unknown error occurred while syncronizing data to Outlook, Value does not fall within the expected range" , although in Option...Synchronization...Contacts UNCHECKED. In TASKS tab, at the end it says synchronizing 133 contacts to Outlook CANCELLED. Can anybody suggest what the problem is and how to fix it? Sorry. I forgot to say that it is MS outlook 2003, CRM 3.0 on server and client. "Cindy" wrote: > When I clicked...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Reports from rows
I need to send one row at a time (or multiple selected rows), on command via a button, to a printed, one record per page, report. I can send the record to another worksheet or a Word document. What is the best way to accomplish this? I am limited to working in Excel 97. Thanks in advance. If you're printing the report, maybe just applying data|filter autofilter and going through each unique entry would be sufficient (then print). Or just keep the headers(???), hide everything but the first data line, print, hide everything but the second, print. and so forth then show everythi...

Unable to find CRM Instance
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. I fixed this by ensuring in internet options, security for trusted sites (includes crm server) automatically authenticate with current username/password. Using IE went to crm server, auth...

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

Sending Publisher Files

CRM Client
I am trying to install the CRM client on a citrix server using the terminal server client setup instructions. The initial client installation goes fine and users can access the CRM webclient when logging into the machine. However, when the terminstall.cmd command is run I receive a bunch of "Error in command line paramerters". When the command line is finished the client isn't installed. I checked the log files but they didn't really give me an information. Any ideas? One more thing, the citrix server is on a different domain with trusts setup. Thanks. The CRM client i...

CRM "multiple instance"
Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on the same LAN? if so how would be the email router be configured?! Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed on it all Applications instances? mrefaat wrote: > Could it be possible to have multiple CRM Instances on > the same LAN? > if so how would be the email router be configured?! > > Is it possibe also to have 1 application Server installed > on it all Applications instances? Hello, Multiple CRM 1.2 instances on the same LAN works fine together. One Exchange server can serve exactly one CRM 1....

Microsoft CRM for Outlook
I have installed Microsoft CRM for Outlook on my computer. It worked for a little bit. Now every time I restart Outlook it crashes Outlook and disables Microsoft CRM for Outlook. I have to reopen Outlook and re-enable CRM for Outlook in order for it to work again. Do you know why this is happening? How is CRM for Outlook disabled/enabled (i.e. where are you going to "enable" the SFO client)? -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "Brie" <Brie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

CRM Server controls(App Components)
hi Is there any way to get the controls that are used in CRM outside(App Components)? I'm trying to create a new page (add on) to MSCRM 1.1 i've added the crm control (thru VS.NET 2003 toolbox-customize....) when i drag the control into my page that is not created instead showing an "error creating control...". i've added all the App Components DLL's to my application bin also. What shall i do to get the control? Thanks Jack ...

Question about reports!
I customized my Spending By Category report so that it reflects ONLY one of my bank and credit card accounts I have in my MS Money. So now when I go to reports and choose Spending by Category everything works the way I want it to, but when I click on Home - My Money and see the Spending By Category report there, it reflects ALL my accounts for some reason. What can I do to fix that? Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, sergei_vlad wrote: >I customized my Spending By Category report so that it reflects ONLY one of >my bank and credit card accounts I have in my MS Money. So now w...

Multi Query report
Hi All, I have a report that is produced from a query, it is running fine but i would like to add an additional text box on the report to pull the result from a different query column, is this possible? Thanks If both queries have something to key on. Like maybe an ID number or a part number, something that matches. Then use a subreport and link them using link master and child fields. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "blake7" wrote: > Hi All, I have a report that is produced from a query, it is running fine but > i would like to add an addi...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?