Prompted for password when running a report

Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box.  Everything seems to work great
except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report.

I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated
authentication.

The webserver is in the local intranet zone.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dave,

I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom
level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current
username and password".

Hope that helps,

Jeff Bennett
CRM Practice Manager
Solutions Consulting Group, Inc.
http://www.scg.net
I tried that and am still getting prompted for the password.

Thanks for the quick response though!

David

"Jeff Bennett" wrote:

> Dave,
>
> I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom
> level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current
> username and password".
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Jeff Bennett
> CRM Practice Manager
> Solutions Consulting Group, Inc.
> http://www.scg.net
I'm assuming 1) you're accessing CRM from a client computer, and 2) you run
the report from the CRM web client, and 3) when you're actually logged into
an interactive session in SBS you don't experience this issue, and 4) SQL
reporting services is installed on SBS.  Sound right?

Check, on the client computer, in IE, Tools > Internet Options - Advanced
Tab, that under Security the option "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication
(requires restart)" is checked.  That's a guess, btw, as I'm surprised the
issue is occuring considering it's all on SBS.  I'd expect somewhat similar
behavior if CRM and SQL Reporting were on different servers.
If your CRM site and reporting server site are on different domain, you will
see this prompt.

For example, if you crm site is "http://crmserver:5555" and your reporting
server site is "http://crmserver:80/reportserver", IIS will consider them two
different sites. And therefore you will get prompt twice.

Once your users loggin to the site "http://crmserver:80/reportserver" with
credential, they will not get prompted again. It is not a security issue.
Users do not passing credential around because of this prompt.

You probably can workaround it by modifying IE settings. Besides putting
report server URL in local intranet zone, you also set loggin automatically
with-in local intranet zone.

Let me know if that solves your problem.

Regards,

---Min

Another

"Jeff Bennett" wrote:

> I'm assuming 1) you're accessing CRM from a client computer, and 2) you run
> the report from the CRM web client, and 3) when you're actually logged into
> an interactive session in SBS you don't experience this issue, and 4) SQL
> reporting services is installed on SBS.  Sound right?
>
> Check, on the client computer, in IE, Tools > Internet Options - Advanced
> Tab, that under Security the option "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication
> (requires restart)" is checked.  That's a guess, btw, as I'm surprised the
> issue is occuring considering it's all on SBS.  I'd expect somewhat similar
> behavior if CRM and SQL Reporting were on different servers.
This is all running on a single SBS2003 box.  We do have a demo system that
is working.  I have been comparing things between the two systems.  One
differnce I note is an additional tab on the properties of websites.  This
tab is label ASP.NET.  I do not have that tab onthe production SBS server.

Couls that be part of the problem?

Thanks
David

"Min Fan [MFST]" wrote:

> If your CRM site and reporting server site are on different domain, you will
> see this prompt.
>
> For example, if you crm site is "http://crmserver:5555" and your reporting
> server site is "http://crmserver:80/reportserver", IIS will consider them two
> different sites. And therefore you will get prompt twice.
>
> Once your users loggin to the site "http://crmserver:80/reportserver" with
> credential, they will not get prompted again. It is not a security issue.
> Users do not passing credential around because of this prompt.
>
> You probably can workaround it by modifying IE settings. Besides putting
> report server URL in local intranet zone, you also set loggin automatically
> with-in local intranet zone.
>
> Let me know if that solves your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> ---Min
>

> Another
>

> "Jeff Bennett" wrote:
>
> > I'm assuming 1) you're accessing CRM from a client computer, and 2) you run
> > the report from the CRM web client, and 3) when you're actually logged into
> > an interactive session in SBS you don't experience this issue, and 4) SQL
> > reporting services is installed on SBS.  Sound right?
> >
> > Check, on the client computer, in IE, Tools > Internet Options - Advanced
> > Tab, that under Security the option "Enable Integrated Windows Authentication
> > (requires restart)" is checked.  That's a guess, btw, as I'm surprised the
> > issue is occuring considering it's all on SBS.  I'd expect somewhat similar
> > behavior if CRM and SQL Reporting were on different servers.

password issues in Excel 2002
I am trying to help a friend with an Excel project. She is a teacher. We are using Excel 2002. She would like to have 30 files for 30 people on a network drive everyone can access Each of the 30 files would be password protected. (Save As, Tools, General Options). Each person could access her own file but no one else's. She would like me to create a Grand Total sheet that would take data from each of the 30 files and link the data to show the overall totals. Everyone could see the totals, but they could not see the individual scores each teacher had. I can do all of t...

SQL Select Query Prompting for NonExistent Parameter
I'm using Access 97. I've entered the following SQL Query into the Query Tab. =================== SELECT * FROM tblVehicles WHERE fldVehicleTag = ABC123; ==================== When I double click the Query to execute: Instead of returning the recordset Access prompts me for a Parameter. When I enter the tag # --> ABC123 it returns the correct record. Why am I being prompted for a Parameter and how do I stop it? Thanks David On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 22:25:13 -0400, "David" <NoWhere@earthlink.net> wrote: >I'm using Access 97. &g...

Email FRx reports using Tree when more than 1 email contact exist
To add the following functionality: I did some testing and research into this and unfortunately this is currently the functionality of FRx. If you wish to have multiple email addresses for a user you will encounter issues such as these when using the Tree to email parts of a report as FRx is not currently able to decipher which email addresses you are specifying when a user has more than 1. An option would be to use the Email Options in the catalog and manually type in the email address. However, you will be sending the entire report to those specified users. ---------------- Th...

Enter Network Password message annoyance
Hello to all, Help!! I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002, and everything works fine. However, I get an "Enter Network Password" dialogue box that pops up on me quite often - so much sometimes that it is very annoying. I don't do anything but check the check box described below and then click the "Okay" button. This clears the dialogue box but sometimes it will pop right back up. I may have to do this 3 or 4 times in a row sometimes to make it stop. After that, everything works just fine. Then it does it again later. And so on. This dialogue message box tha...

Password for e-mails
How do I set a password for my e-mail files -- I have other employees who use my machine and read my e-mails. Why doesn't everyone have their own profile? If you sign on to the computer with your username and password and log out when finished, they shouldn't be able to read your emails. >-----Original Message----- >How do I set a password for my e-mail files -- I have other employees who use my machine and read my e-mails. >. > you can password a pst and close outlook when you leave the computer. (but separate user logons is better) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Out...

CRM 4.0 Report Viewer Error
Hi I have one user who when trying to view a quote in CRM will get an error that says "Reporting Error - The report cannot be displayed". I have done some testing and it seems that something is not installed on the user's computer and that is causing the issue. I had them log into another computer and they were able to view a quote. They will get this error for any report that they try to view. Everyone else has no trouble when viewing reports. I checked knowledgebase and the only thing listed for a user having this error was to change the permissions. Which I know ...

w2k3sp1 and owa password change
after applying the windows 2003 sp1 , owa 2003 password change cannot work correctly. changed password works in few minutes and old password still works.. thanks for helps... ...

Changing password
Have two different domains. exchange is in one domain and the users that can not change their password is in a different domain. The way the users try to change their password is via outlook. Tools->options->advanced->customs forms->password Then that get an error about password didnt change, What version of Exchange, and why are you trying to change passwords via Outlook? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "spiv007" <spiv007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282F57CD-38D2-4500-8EC8-B8038CC31318@microsoft.com... > Have two different domains. e...

Reporting question 08-23-07
I'm trying to figure out how to use the report builder to pull data from my incident base and from some of my custom fields in the incident extension base. Has anyone had any luck doing this? J. Hi Jeremiah, any reason for not using filteredincident view which contains all base incident fields as well as all custom fields. In addition, user security is honoured, dates are converted to local, pickup lists and lookups are expanded to include verbose name. Bar the monstrosity of the view, a win-win approach. Hope this helps -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer...

How to change Machine name without Prompt for credentials
Hi I'm hoping there's a way to do this, but I'm not sure. I have an OU configured which contains some Computer accounts and a couple of user accounts. To one of the accounts I've delegated permissions to add and delete "computer" objects in that OU. When I'm logged into one of the computers in the OU and I try to rename the Computer, I'm prompted for credentials, even though I'm already logged on using the delegated account. I enter the username/password and all is good but I'd like not to be required to enter the user/pass. Is the...

error in login password
good day my son changed his login password and made an error remembering it this is a used xp box with an administrator password which we do not have now we can not log in if I put the drive in my machine is there a way of correcting this problem thanks http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%236JOfWWxKHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > good day > >...

Prompting for customer information
Does anyone know of a way to force the POS to prompt for an E-mail address at each transaction? I would like to start sending coupons and such using E-mail. Thanks in advance, Scott Scott, There is no such feature out of the box with RMS, however we have two applications that are very similar in nature that could be easily modified to suit your needs. If you are interested please drop me a line at 1-888-267-RITE or drop me a line at rsakry@rite.us. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230...

I lost my login password to outlook express!
Can someone tell me what iI can do to recover passwords from outlook express (win 98')? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "joshenderson28@ev1.net" <anonymous@discussi...

Money 2004 Report Headers #5
Hi, WIN XP - All SP2 Upgrades - MONEY 2004 SO HARD TO GIVE A CLEAR EXPLANATION!!! In the Monthly Report, where it lists MAIN Categories and SUB categories: Over and above the Main Categories and Sub Categories, MS Money provides another level of categories and I do not like the way Money sorts them. I can't find anywhere, where I might delete these main categories. Desparate! Thanks very much! Mike ...

Security prompt also
I have Verizon ISP Have Windows Vista w/ sevice pack 2. Windows mail is asking for ID and password, so I tried, SORRY. Now won't work properly, can't receive or send mail. I am trying to get my info on Acct. cuz forgot it (password). Please bare with me as I am trying to fix this. I would like to cancel Windows Mail and use Windows Live instead. I did try to add the Hotmail address to WM but it wouldn't let me. This problem did happen all of a sudden. I've been using WM since '08 and never any issues til now (prompt). Thank you for your time and any suggestions. ...

Does anybody know if RW Classic 9.1 will run on SBS2008
Hello. I still have a client using RW Classic 9.1.2 Software on an SBS 2000 server. They are considering migrating to a new server. Do you know if RW will still run on Windows SBS 2008 server. Thanks for any help that you can provide. Tony ...

How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN?
How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN and connect to the SSO connection to the CRM databases? I see the SSO when I am logged on locally but not when I am connected via VPN. Thanks in advance for your assistance. -- JDM A+ MCP Certified are you trying to run crystal report designer over vpn? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "JD" <JD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FD9688E-BECD-4393-8812-C77D13DCD671@microsoft.com... > How do we connect Crystal Reports through a VPN and connect to the SSO > connection to ...

Running a query off a form
Hi... I was wondering if someone could walk me through the procedure for running a query off a form... I have been going through the search engine and have posted a couple threads as I have been hunting and pecking for information that pertain to what I am doing but am still coming up empty-handed... I think once I have the basics down I can go from there on my own... In its most basicsense, this is what I am trying to do... I want a form with a command button that will run a query... the query doesnt have to appear as anything special, just a plain old select query showing tabular results...

profile passwords
i have mulitple profiles in outlook at home. i want to set it up so that when you pick a profile it asks for a password before you can see the mailbox. when i go to unclick remember password in the spacefic profile it still lets me see the mail box. can it be set up this way? thanks danny ...

Restore Result Of Cell Link After Every Time Run Formula
PHP code ------------------- RESTORE RESULT OF CELL LINK AFTER EVERY TIME RUN FORMULA IN COLUMN RESULT WITHOUT CHANGE OF BEFOR RESULT ------------------- FOR EXAMPLE : I WANT RESTORE RESULT OF : A1 CELL IS INPUT CELL NUMBER AND B1:B10 IS (LINK TO A1) COLUMN FOR EVERY TIME CHANGE A1 CONTEN BUT I WANT FILL B1:B10 AFTER TEN TIMES CHANGE A1 CONTENT IN THE OTHE WORD: EXAMPLE : A1 IS CONTENT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 AND RESULT IN B1:B10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 AFTER ANY TIME CLICK NE TYPE IN A +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: EXCEL HELP ...

Report
I am trying to convert the ClientID to client’s name. I have; TABLE tbl_Client ClientID ClientName ClientAddr ClientPhone Tbl_Order OrderID ClientID Account OrderDate The clientID is link to tbl_client QUARIES Qry_OrderSearch OrderID ClientID Account ClientName OrderDate Qry_Journal OrderID ClientID Account ClientName OrderDate etc The clientID is link to the tbl_Order REPORT rpt_Order OrderDate ClientName ClientID Account The clientID is link to the tbl_Order, because the result is query from the order. How can I get the ClientName show instead of the client ID? Since I use...

password popup
HI, I'm using Outlook 2002 and every time i open it password window pops up. I tried everything. I changed my password with ISP, i went to the settings and verified name,password and every imaginable combination i could think of. i even went to security settings and set my privacy to low and i still get the same password pop up.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Check you connection settings. Are they set to manual? If so, it will prompt you for your password. Check under tools email accounts and be sure the connection type is set to automatic Vickie >-----Original Messa...

Save password, Outlook, RPC-over-HTTP
Hello! Is it possible, in any way, to save the password that a user uses when logging on the Exchange via RPC-over-HTTP using Outlook 2003? We are running a hosted Exchange-server and the only thing that users complains about is that they have to enter the password all the time they start Outlook. I will do almost anything to solve this! Software used: Windows 2003. Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 on XP SP1. Please help me out! =) Br, Magnus G�ransson ...

macro will not run with file.xls!macro.macro
I have two macros on a file daynite.xls. When I have just the macro name (dynt or GetData) listed in the tools/macros/macros messagebox, they run fine using ctrl+a (or+b), but when they are listed as daynite.xls!getdata.getdata, or daynite.xls!dynt.dynt, they will not run. I don't know how to insure that only the macro name is listed, not the full path. I do not have any other files running (unless they are hidden). TIA -- Bill Roberts Try changing the module names that contain the macros. It can confuse excel when you have the same module name as macro name. I'd use ModG...

How to draw this report
Hi i hav exc2003 sp2. how do i draw a report for all the mail that came into my domain yesterday between 3'oclock and 6 0'clock. I used to use the message tracking centre but i need to specify a senders and receivers adress there but in this case i want the mail from everyone outside to everyone inside in that time period how also can i export that to a document that i can e-mail it to some because as far as i know that format message tracking centre gives you can't edit nor copy it. thanks for your time Here's some products http://www.msexchange.org/software/Repo...