Problems with web access

Does the web access for CRM have to be installed on the default website?  I
created a new site in IIS as a subdomain (CRM.companyname.com) and during
installation of CRM 1.2 told it to use that as it website.  Everything seems
to be installed correctly but I can't bring up the site.  When I try to add
users in user manager it gives me the same error joe mentioned in his post
about not being able to access the website.  Unfortunately I only have 1
physical server so CRM is sharing space with Exchange, OWA, and my company
website.  It seems awkward to try and run all of it in the default site.

Laura
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You forgot to mention SQL server too ;)

Its not awkward, just not recommended because the services that CRM requires
(ie SQL) are resource hogs. But its definatly possible, as I've tested CRM
by installing everything in one box, and it worked albeit slow, just make
sure you have plenty of memory, at least 1GB, although 2GB would help, and
hopefully your CPU is good.....

As for your problem, I'm not sure.......I selected the default choice and
never had a problem. Make sure you read the Installation Guide.

-Gary

"Laura" <Laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does the web access for CRM have to be installed on the default website?
> created a new site in IIS as a subdomain (CRM.companyname.com) and during
> installation of CRM 1.2 told it to use that as it website.  Everything
> seems
> to be installed correctly but I can't bring up the site.  When I try to
> add
> users in user manager it gives me the same error joe mentioned in his post
> about not being able to access the website.  Unfortunately I only have 1
> physical server so CRM is sharing space with Exchange, OWA, and my company
> website.  It seems awkward to try and run all of it in the default site.
>
> Laura

0
Gary

Disable placement of Internal Web Site link on desktops
When new computers join the domain, the link to the internal web site is automatically placed on the desktop. If I remember correctly, it also makes http://companyweb the default IE homepage. Is there a way to prevent these things from happening? These are set in Group Policy, I believe, but it is far beyond me to give a step-by-step to changing them. "kerfuffle" <kerfuffle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5775AEC1-9C79-4EB1-90C6-B99152DEFE91@microsoft.com... > When new computers join the domain, the link to the internal web site is > ...

Co-located web server accessing local CRM?
Greetings! I'm currently evaluating an MSCRM demo installation (on Small Business Server). It's looking like a good fit given the possibility of some customization, which brings me to a couple of integration/implementation questions. Our office is connected to a data center via VPN. I would like to hook some current functionality being served by our colocated IIS & Sql Servers into CRM functionality that will be hosted inhouse. For example, I would like to automate the creation of Leads into CRM from web forms running on the colo'd server (i.e. when a visitor submits the "...

User losing Outlook access
I posted my problem yesterday, you can look below for a detail of a user that, throughout the day, loses access to particular folders, attachments and function in Outlook. I unintalled and reinstalled with the same problem, leading me to start considering mailbox corruption. Is there a tool that can fixup a single user's mailbox on Exhchange 2003, or do I have to run a repair on the entire mail store. No point in restoring from backup, as this problem has existed for a while and will have been backed up as such. Any thoughts? TIA, Steve Try posting to an Exchange group as they...

Access crashes on save/preview
I am having a problem with Access. Whenever I am in 'Design Mode' in a Report, Access crashes when I click Save or try to Preview the report. There is not an error message. I have to restart Access. What interesting is that I can go to the Query and it will run fine. Then, I go to the 'Reports' and double click my report and it will run perfectly. But when I go into Design mode from viewing the report, the program crashes if I make a change and try to save or simply hit the 'Preview' button the program crashes. What do you guys think? I really need some help here. A...

Message cannot be opened by Outlook Web Access 2003
User not able to use Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 (OWA) to open, reply to, or forward some messages in the Exchange 2003 Server information store when accessing outside LAN environment. When tried to use OWA to open, reply to, or forward the message, the browser return an "The page cannot be Found" error message. However, if user use Microsoft Outlook & OWA within the LAN environment, user can open the message without any problem. "Emyeu" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote: >User not able to use Microsoft Outlook Web Access 2003 (OWA) to open, reply >to,...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

Printing problem

Account Problem
Hi, I while ago I removed an accout that I wanted to quit using. For some reason it hasn't been removed totally. When I look under Email Accounts, the account has been removed. But I am still receiving post sent to this account, and the account is still vissible in the 'sending/receiving-screen'. Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to remove the account permanently? David "Jason" <svpindegroep@danku.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:z2l1c.733261$_x2.1624295@zonnet-reader-1... > [...] > Can anybody tell me how this is possible and how to >...

Owner draw CListBox color problem.
I have a subclassed CListBox that is owner draw with single select. I know how to implement DrawItem to draw in a different background and color. For the color part I am working with only DrawItem. I do a if (lpDrawItemStruct->itemID == GetCurSel()) To determine if the item is the selected item and needs to be drawn in a different color. My problem is that the framework is not automatically calling DrawItem for the old item so that it can be drawn in the regular (non selected) color. So once an entry is selected, it stays in the new color even after a different item is selected. Wh...

Problem with Hosted Outlook solution
Hi Everyone, Using hosted Exchange, our clients are having problems with shared calendars. When opening shared calendars (RPC over HTTP) they are taking forever to open. What I'm wondering is, is there a way of caching the calendar data or making it faster? There were a lot of entries, but I archived it so there were only 6 months of entries in the calendar. This worked for awhile, but now I have the same problem again. There has to be a solution since Microsoft seem to be pushing in this direction. If anyone can help, that'd be great. Thanks, What has your Provider said?...

Addind email address problem
I am having a terrible time trying to add an email to outlook. Please help me :P LOL Once I have all the information in and click test I get a pop up with this information: Enter Network Password: Server: User Name: Password: Then you can click ok or cancle. This has the information I put in for the email account information. What do I do? If I click ok it just keeps coming up. If I click cancel it won't work. Thanks for any help :) If this is for company email, contact your IT people. If it's for home use, give us your internet provider (ISP) name. Someone may be able to g...

Autofilter Problem
Autofilter Arrows disappeared from Excel Spreadsheet. If I go to Data / Filter AutoFilter is checked but grayed (can not check / ucheck). Can anybody help? Thanks, Oscar. Make sure you're viewing objects. In xl2003 menus: Tools|options|view tab|Objects section|check View All I'm sure xl2007 has a similar option. Oscar wrote: > > Autofilter Arrows disappeared from Excel Spreadsheet. If I go to Data / > Filter AutoFilter is checked but grayed (can not check / ucheck). Can anybody > help? > > Thanks, Oscar. -- Dave Peterson Is the row ...

Strand Combo Box Problem
Strange Combo Box Problem Access 2003 ADP - Modal Window - No Record Source (All controls are unbound). I have a combo box for UOM (unit of Measure) and the Rowsource is a value list generated by code which I have verified works fine. At times the pull down works just fine but other times the pull down works as if the control / form were Read Only. When the problem does occurr you can view all the entries via the pulldown but you cannot select an entry. However you can type in a value in the list without a problem. It's only the pull down selection that is acting strange! Form ...

Outlook 2003 + SurfControl v4.0/Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 problem...
(apologies for the length of this posting) We are part of a multi-site organisation with installations of Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a server at each site. Internet mail is received at 1 central location by SMTP and passed down to the appropriate Exchange site (including mine) via X.400 connector. Anti-spam/anti-virus is handled centrally at the SMTP gateway, however we also have our own anti-spam software (SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange v4.0) installed on our downstream Exchange server for added protection and local rules. Almost all clients access this Exchange server using Outlook 2003....

No longer able to access Money
I had a problem accessing money and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work so I changed my microsoft passport to no avail. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven't used my checkbook in months. I back up my money file to a seperate hard disk everyday, but it won't let me restore it. It give's me the same crap no matter what I do, "Your...

problem accessing file
recently i made updates to my microsoft money file. After updating the file, i exited money, without backing up the file (bad idea). Once I exited, i changed the filename in windows explorer (using rename command). When i attempted to open the file again, money gave the following message: "Money will update your file with the latest improvements." In other words, it treated like a file from an old/different version of money. Then it said "Money cannot locate 'My Documents\my money 040809.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you d...

Migration problem: Outlook XP to Outlook 2003
I have recently migrated from Office XP to Office 2003. My tasks are not viewable in their hierarchical order as they were in outlook XP. What's wrong? Khashayar IranParast <IranInPrison@hotpop.com> wrote: > I have recently migrated from Office XP to Office 2003. > My tasks are not viewable in their hierarchical order as they were in > outlook XP. > > What's wrong? How did you migrate? What exact steps did you take? -- Brian Tillman 1. I exported all my folders as PST file in Outlook XP 2. I installed Outllok 2003 3. I imported the PST into the newly inst...

Problem with McAfee
I use Outlook XP, and had installed McAfee Spam Killer. I had a problem with it, so un-installed it using Add/Remove programs. However, I now get the following two error messages every time I load up Outlook: 1) The Add-in "c:/program files/mcafee/spamkiller/mcmapi.dll could not be installed or loaded and 2) The Add-in "C:/program files/mcafee/spamkiller/mcskolplg.dll could not be installed or loaded I don't understand why I am getting these messages as I have un-installed the program they refer to and I have no idea how to stop getting these messages. Once the "o...

Problem linking to defined names
I have two types of links in my workbook: 1)external links to a SharePoint web folder containing HTML files and; 2) links to defined names within the workbook. The SharePoint address is rather lengthy and can change, so I set this as the hyperlink base in my workbook's properties. However, after I do this, none of my links for defined names work. The base address is appended to the defined name reference. Is there any work-around for this? I was hoping it might be as simple as enclosing the defined name in quotes, but, of course, it wasn't that simple. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 2002
Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. Any ideas as to how I can stop this? Thanks, Paul hi paul u shd hv more than 1 pop3 a/c, when u click "Send", note there's a little arrow next to it, under it there's a drop down menu & u shd choose the pop3 a/c that u'd like to send with.. HIH >-----Original Message----- >Occasionally I will reply to an e-mail and it will be >sent using an e-mail account other then my Default. > >Any ideas as to how I can stop this? > >Thanks, &...

Exchange 2000 w2k owa problem
I have problem with E2K on W2K, W2K was installed in first time with strong user rights, after install e2k i set correct user rights for e2k.Normal user don't have access to OWA (Access denied error 500), administrator work ok, I think is problem with davex.dll, when i removed davex.Dll users can log on to their mailbox in basic version. I tryed everything without succes. Please help me. ...

xHTTP send problem
Hi, I am using trying to send out an XML using ASP. It is actually trying to call some webservice application using SOAP. The problem is that the same codes works perfectly fine in Excel VBA on the same server, but when it comes to IIS server, the program stop at "xHTTP.send xDoc.XML" line. It seems like the IIS server refuse to let the XML being sent out using the xHTTP object. Is there any settings in IIS that I need to enable to allow XML to be sent out? Set xDoc = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument") Set xHTTP= Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.4.0"...

DB Conversion Results in Weird Printing Problems
I was recently upgraded to Access 2000. Now, several DB applications I had built no longer print reports and shut down the apps. Furthermore, they wipe out the printers that are listed in "start/settings/printers" before I run the databases. Trying to add them back leads to a "lack of resources" error. I have to reboot to get them to show up again. Weird, huh? Other, very complex VB code works fine however. Any advice from gurus out there? ...

"There was a problem sending the command to the program" OfficeLiv
Every time Excel opens (or some of the other Office applications) Office Live dialog opens. The box is checked, to indicate not to open this box again, but it always does open. If you doubleclick on a workbook, the message appears: "There was a problem sending the command to the program", which I believe to result from the Office Live dialog. How can this be stopped? I uninstalled Office Live Update using Programs and features. I looked in Trusted Locations for items in the startup folders; they are all empty. Thanks, in advance, for advice ...

Excel cannot access..
Hi Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document may be read-only or encrypted. Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name"..... i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file. I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ...