Problems connecting Data Migration Manager to CRM

Hi,

I am having problems connecting to our CRM server via the data migration
tool. I type http://crm/ into my browser and the site loads perfectly from
the server.

The same URL does not work in the migration tool however. It simply says
that the tool cannot connect to the CRM server and that it may be down.

I tried again this morning and got the following error message:

"Client found response content type of 'image/gif' but expected 'text/html'.

The request failed with the error message:

--

GIF89a

The CRM server is running on a virtual Server on my local machine. I am able
to browse the CRM server from anywhere on the network and I am able to ping
the virtual server successfully.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks!

Du Toit Scheepers

0
dutoit (1)
1/23/2008 12:55:08 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Jan 22, 7:55=A0pm, dutoit <dut...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having problems connecting to our CRM server via the data migration
> tool. I typehttp://crm/into my browser and the site loads perfectly from
> the server.
>
> The same URL does not work in the migration tool however. It simply says
> that the tool cannot connect to the CRM server and that it may be down.
>
> I tried again this morning and got the following error message:
>
> "Client found response content type of 'image/gif' but expected 'text/html=
'.

> The request failed with the error message:
>
> --
>
> GIF89a
>
> The CRM server is running on a virtual Server on my local machine. I am ab=
le
> to browse the CRM server from anywhere on the network and I am able to pin=
> the virtual server successfully.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Du Toit Scheepers

Du Toit,
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I am having the exact
same issue.

Thanks,
Bob

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Copy Filtered Data
I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13 with headers and having a variable ending row. My filter criteria is Column 1 not blank and Column 11 ="s". I would like to copy the filtered date (No headers) to another work book beginning in BE3. Thanks! Hi, Once the data is filtered, highlight it, press CTRL + G, special, visible cells only, press CTRL + C, go to the sheet where you want the information and press CTRL + V "sailor4life61@yahoo.com" wrote: > I am filtering my data that is in the range A:AJ starting on row 13 > wi...

Can an activity be created and managed by a Team Member?
Hello, I was thinking that TM where allowed to create and manage activities because in the Security Team Member Group the “Create New Proposal or Activity” box is checked. But when trying it, a problem occurred. They are allowed to fill the Summary Information for a new activity, but after clicking on the save button, nothing appear in the Proposal and Actities view, neither in the project Center. Looking at it from an administrator account the activities do exist but are not visible for the TM who created them. So what’s the problem? ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

how to skip a column when entering data?
On one worksheet, for the sake of appearance Column B contains a calculated amount, which is the product of Column A and Column C. Is there a way to skip to column C when entering the data in Column A without doing it manually? Thanks, Godzilla This will give you the idea. right click on sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 2 And Target.Column = 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(, 2).Select End Sub "Godzilla" <Godzilla@monster.org> wrote in message news:MPG.19e3d6a7ae92e03398971a@news....

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Data Ribbon disabled
I'm trying to do a "what-if analysis" for my beginning Excel class and when I click on the appropriate cell and then the Data ribbon, all of the options are greyed out. While struggling with this, I noticed the options on the Insert ribbon are also greyed out but the other tabs are fine. I appreciate any insight. Hi, Check the Review tab, the worksheet may be protected. Check you do not have multiple sheets selected, [Group] will be displayed in the title bar is you have. Cheers Andy Akcath wrote: > I'm trying to do a "what-if analysis"...

Resource editor problems

How to get a Dial-up Connection dialog box?
I just got Outlook 2003 with new laptop which I carry back and forth to work. I use the same ISP at both locations, but with different dial-up phone numbers. When I launch Internet Explorer, I get a "Dial-up Connection" dialog box that lets me select which phone number to use. I want to get that same dialog box if I'm not already online and I launch Outlook 2003, but I can't figure out a way to get Outlook to give it to me. I had Outlook Express on my old laptop, and it gave me the same dialog box as IE. Is that function no longer available? -- Friday714 Set th...

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...

Cell Format