Event ID: 16930
Date:  18-03-2008
Time:  13:20:05
User:  N/A
Computer: LAPTOP
Initialization of the Microsoft CRM UI failed. Try restarting Microsoft
Outlook. HR=0x80040154. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin.
Line=521.

Any suggestions?

Thanx in advance,

Regards, Zoran

0
MSnews9244 (11)
3/18/2008 12:48:45 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Zoran,

I have two possible ideas, but am unsure if they are the cause.

1) Was Outlook started at least once before installing the CRM Outlook
client?

2) Have you installed the latest CRM Outlook client compability
update? Meaning the latest release of the client.

You should find the download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&displaylang=en

or search for
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft Office Outlook
Compatibility Update (On Premise)

Hope that helps
Harald Battran
Hi Harald,

thanx for your input.

1.) Yes, the Outlook was startet at least once before installing CRM client.
2.) We are having the latest client installed (version: 3.0 build
3.0.5300.0), and that combination (Office 2007 build 12.0.6023.5000 + CRM
3.0 build 3.0.5300.0) is working fine for other users.

Thanx for the ideas!

Regards, Zoran

"H.Battran" <harald.battran@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Zoran,
>
> I have two possible ideas, but am unsure if they are the cause.
>
> 1) Was Outlook started at least once before installing the CRM Outlook
> client?
>
> 2) Have you installed the latest CRM Outlook client compability
> update? Meaning the latest release of the client.
>
> You should find the download here:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&displaylang=en
>
> or search for
> Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 clients for Microsoft Office Outlook
> Compatibility Update (On Premise)
>
> Hope that helps
> Harald Battran

0
MSnews9244 (11)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

how do u log out of outlook
I'm a new user to outlook and i would like to know how do you log out of outlook and close your account out without no one being able to get back in? "Puzzled" <Puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049E0FD5-8F22-4F18-AB6A-05A4C2B29BCB@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to outlook and i would like to know how do you log out > of > outlook and close your account out without no one being able to get > back in? Exit Outlook. Then you aren't connected (actually you are only connected when mail polls occur). Don't save a passwo...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Outlook not sending messages from correct POP3 account
I am a tech support person, supporting several companies from my home. Therefore, I have several pop3 email accounts setup on my computer in Outlook. When I reply to an email, I need to make sure that the correct account shows up in the "From" field. This works for some messages, but for others, the email is sent from the wrong account (making me look real bad :-)). This happens even when it says it's going to be sent from the correct account, if I check the sent items afterward, I'll see that it was sent from the wrong account. This is driving me batty and I nee...

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Outlook 2003 won't save password in pop3 account settings
I am trying to set my email account settings to remember my password and it still prompts me everytime I send or receive email for the password. If I type it in, I have no trouble connecting and getting mail though. I am working through a citrix terminal to connect to outlook 2003 running on our company server. Is this a known bug? Is there a patch? Help! Sean Cartwright ...

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Quote won't merge to Word 2007
Attempting to print a quote. Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the CRM button in either the Add-in ribbon or the MailMerge ribbon. It shows up in neither. Macros are enabled. Is this issue isolated to one client? Do you have the CRM Client for Outlook installed? If so you can initiate Mail Merge from the Outlook client as this method does not use a Macro. Regards Dan "mnicks" <mnicks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF7E431-ADFE-478B-B79F-886F5ACA19EA@microsoft.com... > Attempting to print a quote. Opens up Word 2007 with note to press the ...

Outlook rules and Junk Email filtering
Hello! I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP3 and the Junk Email folder. I have filtering set to Low, and I get emails from a contact page on a web site that always have the same subject. Sometimes, those messages end up in the Junk Email folder, sometimes they end up in the Inbox. I created a rule that says for any email with that subject, move it to the Inbox and stop processing more rules. The problem is that some of the messages STILL end up in the Junk folder. So, how can I stop the Junk Email filter from moving these messages? Is there some hidden way to make them stay in the In...

Spelling in Outlook 2003
Hi NG In Outlook 2003 I can tell what language I want to use for spelling. I have chosen Danish. When I press "Check Spelling" the language is English. Why? Regards Jens What language version of Office do you have? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Jens asked: | Hi NG |=20 | In Outlook 2003 I can tell what language I want to use for spelling. | I have chosen Danish. When I press "Check Spel...

Cell Format

Oulook Clients Keep Disconnecting from Exchange server
I have a remote location that has a few Outlook clients that are complaining that they keep going into offline mode or get cannot connect to the Exchange server, or get login/pass boxes in Outlook. I don't seem to have this problem with the rest of the network and since the users in question are still logged into the domain and have access to all their shared resources from the server and can still connect to the Internet I can only assume this is an Outlook - Exchange issue. If the users close outlook and re-open it that sometimes works for a bit, same with logging out and back in again...