Problem Sharing Objects (e.g.Accounts)

Hi All,

I have a problem while sharing an object like Accounts using my local
IE-based UI.

At first I didn´t see any sharings in the list - but I know there are some.
When trying to add a new sharing, I´ve got several script errors.

I think the problem is located at my local Win XP SP2 Client, because I have
no problems when I do the same with the IE located on my CRM-Server under Win
2003 Std. I have already installed the Win XP SP2 Server Hotfix for CRM
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870635/en-us). I tried to install the
Client-Patch but it fails (I guess because I didn´t use the Sales for Outlook
Client yet).

I think this problem is also no security-item because my crm site is in the
local intranet zone and I´m using a sysadmin account with global access
level. maybe it´s usefull to know, that I worked with a brandnew
crm-installation.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue!!!!!!!

Jan

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

e mail error, changes apostrophe to square
If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the default composing editor (word) when it goes to the outbox it changes the apostrophe to a square. Any help here? What message encoding are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, ron asked: | If I use an apostrophe, for example she's, using the | default composing editor (word) when it ...

Looking for a Visio shape similar to a wall object
Greetings, I have Visio 2007 Profession SP2 installed. I am trying to draw up some construction plans for putting together some wooden structures. Currently the only object that lets me set with width and length (and automatically adjusts the size of the object) to resemble a piece of lumber seems to be the "wall" object in the floor plan template. However when I try put two of the objects together to touch sides (to show two pieces of wood screwed together) it merges them and changes the size of the object which is not what I want. Additionally it seems that the orientation...

windows search problem....
Hello! I have strange problem with windows search engine... i have 100000 txt files and im looking for special phrase in few txt files i know that phrase exist but windows search give me no information - can`t find. But on the other computer on the same phrase and same files works good. I have reinstall windows search ... but problem still exist... how can i resolve it? regards - HE ...

Can two accounts be combined
We use people's phone #'s to create accounts and sometimes end up with 2 accounts for the same person. Is there a way to combine the two accounts so all their purchases show up on one account and the other is deleted? Patrick Hi Patrick...contact New West technologies for this www.newestech.com - they have a customer consolidator utility to fix this, as well as a customer entry module (pretty sure) that will simplfy this going forward.. Regards, Todd NitroSell Gizmobyte wrote: > We use people's phone #'s to create accounts and sometimes end up with 2 > accounts fo...

Can't Select Mail Accounts in Itunes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select them. On 3/3/10 11:42 PM, kimitas@officeformac.com wrote: > Sorry if this topic has been discussed. How do I sync my mail > accounts with Entourage and my iPhone? The Mail Accounts do not show > up in the iTunes INFO tab sync option and therefore I cannot select > them. iTune...

Forward links to automatic saved attachments on a shared drive
I receive daily drilling reports in which i have created a rule to auto-save the attachments using the program EZDetach. I need to send an auto forward email to a distribution list with a link to those saved attachments everyday after files have been saved. How might I automate this instead of doing it manually everyday??????? VBA or scripting - the vba experts hang out at http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exc...

Copying A Chart of Accounts
I want to create a new company in GP and copy the COA from another existing company. I was thinking this was possible? Thanks It is possible! Follow the instructions outlined in KB article 866332. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Todd" wrote: > I want to create a new company in GP and copy the COA from another existing > company. I was thinking this was possible? > > Thanks ...

Problem with DNS TTL on exchange and DC records
I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being too low. On the e2k3 box I have deselected the DNS auto register feature. I change the A record on the DC and bump the TTL up to 7 days. But it keeps setting back to 20 mins which is way too low. I would also like to set the DC's to 1 day, but I am having the same problem. What am I missing? On 8 Aug 2006 09:35:30 -0700, nate.sellers@gmail.com wrote: >I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have >narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being...

Problem with Email Addresses in Our Domain
Exchange Server 2003. We just moved our entire organization's email from an outside server to our own Exchange Server. We used to be able to send email to recipients of the form "first.last@goodnewsjail.org" or "first.last@mail.goodnewsjail.org." Now when folks send to @mail.goodnewsjail.org, their messages get stuck forever in the "mail.goodnewsjail.org" queue. The queue never empties. What do I need to do so that people can use either @goodnewsjail.org or @mail.goodnewsjail.org on their recipient addresses? Thanks for the help. -- Dr. Doug Prui...

Unable to set up on-line account
Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'm able to open IE browser within Money 2005. Please help. --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again. --------------------------- OK Another reference to M05, what's going on? Bal wrote: > Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. > I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'...

There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server
Hi, During the installation of the CRM Outlook Client I have a problem where I cannot connect to the CRM server. I used the same address to connect CRM Server via the web browser. I then proceeded with the installation, hoping I could configure this after I've completed the installation. I couldn't find anywhere how I could configure the CRM Outlook client (Bit daft I thought or is it just me??) When I fired up Outlook I got these messages: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem...

How to add an x.400 address to all email enabled user accounts?
Hi All, I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient policy. I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise and organization. After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now. No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account. There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the addresses if it can be helped. Am i going about this the right way? Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot of good stuff! Chris On 25 Jan 2007 ...

adding account number to PM HATB and RM HATB
is there any way to add the sales invoice/vendor invoice account number to these reports using Report Writer? I checked them and it looks like it can't be done but wanted to check if any of you guys have found a workaround. thanks! Hi Rheiner, You say 'account number' as if there were a single account number associated with an invoice. Since there are many account numbers associated with an invoice I'm confused as to what you are wanting. Please provide more details. Kind regards, Leslie "Rheiner" wrote: > is there any way to add the sal...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

Microsoft Web Access E mail
This is a quirky problem that I hope someone can help me with. I am a remote home office in the NE and I work for a facility in NC. I receive and send my E mail through Microsoft Web Access Mail. So another words, I type www.xxxxxxx.net/outlook. I get a dialoge box, put in my username and password and up comes outlook. OK. The problem I have is that in the body where I type my e mail message I can not right click to do things like Copy and Paste. I click on the "right" mouse button and nothing happens at all. I simply can not right click. If I right click anywhere else on t...

C# Keyboard Hook Problems
Hi, I'm trying to implement a keyboard hook that will receive all keyboard events within my application, and only my application, using C# .NET 3.5 and VS 2008. I'm using the following code: private delegate IntPtr KeyboardHookCallback(int nCode, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam); private static KeyboardHookCallback _callback = new KeyboardHookCallback(HookCallback); private const int WH_KEYBOARD_LL = 13; private static IntPtr SetHook() { return SetWindowsHookEx(WH_KEYBOARD_LL, _callback, IntPtr.Zero, Thread.CurrentThread.ManagedThreadId); } [DllImport("...

Technical problems with the web enabled newsgroup?
Hi, Is anyone else having trouble accessing this Great Plains newsgroup through the web browser interface? When I click on Great plains, sometimes it just hangs. Sometimes Great Plains comes up, but doing a search will cause it to hang. Logging into Passport before going to the web site doesn't seem to make any improvement. I have had go back to using Outlook Express. Any ideas? Regards, Brcobrem ...

Sharing Calenders
These are basic questions, but I'm pretty new at using OL. Just by networking two computers together with an ethernet cable, can two users share a calender? And what is Microsoft Exchange Server? Is it just a program you stick on a computer on your network, or do you rent space on a MS Server? -- ICQ# Ah, research - fast becoming a lost art! Sharing Calendars (answered several times per day) http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm For information about Microsoft Exchange server, try the source: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/overview/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Connection problem between publisher and outlook (2003)
I've created a newsletter in publisher. I've clicked on send e-mail, then send this page as message. I get a messgae saying 'Publisher could not start the email program. Check network connection, etc' Outlokk is my email program and is up and running, there are no internet problems and other programs work fiine. I've tried detect and repair and also reinstalled office. Any other suggestions? -- Thanks Just checking - which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "exmt...

outlook log in problem
i have installed office pro 2003 and defaulted my mail to outlook from outlook express. all data for mail accounts has been transfered like for like but when trying to send/recieve mail a log on pop-up requesting verification of user name and password appears. it then rejects these as unrecognised. all mail that has passed through o/express is showing. i ahve double checked my settings also deleted the settings and reinstalled them and deleted all settings at o/express and reinstalled them to no avail. and if i go back to o/express everything works fine??? loofer wrote: > i have in...

Resolving "Bounce" Problem
My customer has been placed on SpamCop's list for a second time due to "Excessive Bounces". I am already diverting bad e-mail to the Exchange 2003 BADMAIL folder. And, I continue to get a variety of 5.x.x event entries. While our DNS is a little complicated (e-mail is initially directed to TM's VirusWall and then forwarded to Exchange 2003), I don't see any issues with our DNS entries. Why are we getting "Excessive Bounces"? -- Gary Ainsworth 713-854-6693 On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 15:56:02 -0800, GDA <GDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My cust...

Budgeting and different account cycles
I have just downloaded a trial version of MS Money 2006. I want a better tool to see my cashflow and help me with budgeting. Since you can't change budget dates in MS Money how can you keep track of all the transactions when my checking account cycle is different from my credit card cycle? I try to purchase all items on credit card but my bills and some expenses come from the checking account. I want to set up a budget with a spending tracker that will reflect the transaction from both the checking and credit card accounts. Any idea on how I can do this? Thank you for all the help. ...

text formatting problems
I receive spreadsheets from remote site support staff containing Ethernet addresses in a column. Often these are entered with spaces, hyphens, etc. between each pair. However, I need them to be 12 character strings, no spaces or other chars. The column is formatted as text, and I do a replace on the problem character. This works unless the address could be interpreted as an exponent; i.e 00-50-04-82-1E-20 becomes 5.00E+26 when I replace the hyphens with nothing. In addresses that do not contain alpha chars, the leading zeros are dropped. Has anyone else seen this? How do you get aroun...

Address Book Sharing/Creation
We are attempting to get our Exchange server up and running and I am quite new to the whole Microsoft Mail thing... (long time sendmail/qmail user) We are attempting to share Address Books and enable the default address book on our exchange server. Currently the default AB that comes up is basically the listing of users on the exchange server. I would like to create a couple address books from current information. I have a saved CSV that contains our customer data that I would like to import. I have succesfully done this in my personal Outlook but when I attempt to share the AB other users are...

2003 pop up "encountered a problem"
Pop up "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" appears often. Outlook then must be closed and start again. What is this and how can I correct it. Charles Kerr ...