Problem running reports

we get the following error while trying to run reports in crm 3.0
Sql 2005 small biz server

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
The feature: "Remote access to report data sources and/or the report server
database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
(rsOperationNotSupported)

Any help on this one???

0
sqlscott (15)
1/8/2008 9:46:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is your deployment broken out among several machines or are all of the SBS
components on one server? The error sounds like there is a machine hop
between:
1) The report server web server and the database server housing the RS
databases, or
2) The report server web server and the database server housing the CRM
databases

CRM places no restriction on either of those cases, but SQL Workgroup
Edition might (and it appears that it does, given the error you are
receiving). You might want to check out SQL Workgroup Edition documentation
on MSDN for more information about supported deployments for that product.

--Tyler

microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs

"sqlscott" wrote:

> we get the following error while trying to run reports in crm 3.0
> Sql 2005 small biz server
>
> An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> The feature: "Remote access to report data sources and/or the report server
> database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
> (rsOperationNotSupported)
>
> Any help on this one???

I am getting the same error, however it is only 1 user.  He gets the error on
his laptop using either the web client or Outlook contact.  However, if he
signs on using a different machine to the web client, no errors.  Any ideas?

"Tyler Peelen [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is your deployment broken out among several machines or are all of the SBS
> components on one server? The error sounds like there is a machine hop
> between:
> 1) The report server web server and the database server housing the RS
> databases, or
> 2) The report server web server and the database server housing the CRM
> databases
>
> CRM places no restriction on either of those cases, but SQL Workgroup
> Edition might (and it appears that it does, given the error you are
> receiving). You might want to check out SQL Workgroup Edition documentation
> on MSDN for more information about supported deployments for that product.
>
> --Tyler
>

> microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
>
> "sqlscott" wrote:
>
> > we get the following error while trying to run reports in crm 3.0
> > Sql 2005 small biz server
> >
> > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> > Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> > The feature: "Remote access to report data sources and/or the report server
> > database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
> > (rsOperationNotSupported)
> >
> > Any help on this one???

0
KenCompter (36)
1/31/2008 4:41:01 PM
see

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946753/en-us

--
Regards,
Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"Ken Compter" wrote:

> I am getting the same error, however it is only 1 user.  He gets the error on
> his laptop using either the web client or Outlook contact.  However, if he
> signs on using a different machine to the web client, no errors.  Any ideas?
>
> "Tyler Peelen [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Is your deployment broken out among several machines or are all of the SBS
> > components on one server? The error sounds like there is a machine hop
> > between:
> > 1) The report server web server and the database server housing the RS
> > databases, or
> > 2) The report server web server and the database server housing the CRM
> > databases
> >
> > CRM places no restriction on either of those cases, but SQL Workgroup
> > Edition might (and it appears that it does, given the error you are
> > receiving). You might want to check out SQL Workgroup Edition documentation
> > on MSDN for more information about supported deployments for that product.
> >
> > --Tyler
> >

> > microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs
> >
> > "sqlscott" wrote:
> >
> > > we get the following error while trying to run reports in crm 3.0
> > > Sql 2005 small biz server
> > >
> > > An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> > > Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)
> > > The feature: "Remote access to report data sources and/or the report server
> > > database" is not supported in this edition of Reporting Services.
> > > (rsOperationNotSupported)
> > >
> > > Any help on this one???

0
mscrmexpert (134)
2/7/2008 9:00:00 AM
The client is running CRM 3.0.  We solved the issue by adding the users to
the SQLUser Group.

"Imran-mscrmexpert" wrote:

> see

> Regards,
> Imran
> MS CRM Certified Professional
>

> http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com
>
> Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com
>

> "Ken Compter" wrote:
>
> > I am getting the same error, however it is only 1 user.  He gets the error on
> > his laptop using either the web client or Outlook contact.  However, if he
> > signs on using a different machine to the web client, no errors.  Any ideas?
> >
> > "Tyler Peelen [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Is your deployment broken out among several machines or are all of the SBS
> > > components on one server? The error sounds like there is a machine hop
> > > between:
> > > 1) The report server web server and the database server housing the RS
> > > databases, or
> > > 2) The report server web server and the database server housing the CRM
> > > databases
> > >
> > > CRM places no restriction on either of those cases, but SQL Workgroup
> > > Edition might (and it appears that it does, given the error you are
> > > receiving). You might want to check out SQL Workgroup Edition documentation
> > > on MSDN for more information about supported deployments for that product.
> > >
> > > --Tyler
> > >

> > > microsoft.public.sqlserver.reportingsvcs

0
KenCompter (36)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Item History Report
I have modified the item movement history report to get an essential output for my client, who's main concern when purchasing is on the history of the item (needs to know when, who, quantitiy, and multi currency + exchange rate at time). The reason i modded the Item movement history report is because it is easy accessible from the purchase order (although he has to double click on the item to bring up the item form and then click on the report button, which brings up the default filer for the itemlookup code in question). The only issue with this report is that it brings up a filte...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

Report Writer Logo Printing
I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-through printer software that would allow printing of higher-quality logos. It is a workaround for people that did not find the logo printing of RW suitable. I cannot think of the name or find the software. A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Found it! Software is called fineprint. It was mentioned on Musgraves blog. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/17/company-logos-on-reports.aspx "Mike" wrote: > I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-thr...

Store name on Z report #2
I have a customer that has 2 store with HQ and they would like to have the Z report to have the store name on it, so they can tell the difference between the stores. Thanks Dave Just edit the xReport.xml template file to include the header information. You can cut and paste the header code from receipt.xml - just search for "PrintHeader" or something similar to that... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup ...

Rights to Run LoadSim
LoadSim 2003 very clearly warns that you cannot run it unless you're a domain administrator, because it "needs" to create accounts. I have tried it with my permissions, and I can see that they mean it. Are there any alternative utilities that don't have this restriction? Is there any way to tweak LoadSim 2003 so that you can focus it on, say, one OU in which you have been delegated? Even though this is just a test forest, getting administrator rights on it can be a chore. ...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Report printing block
Problem: I can't print reports. The "print report" button does not work. The print set up button will allow me to change set up for checks but will not pop up for "reports". I suspect that it is blocked by some popup blocker software that I installed and since uninstalled. I tried re-loading the 2003 Money software with no change in result. Does anybody know how to unblock a pop up menue. Or, is this not the problem. Please help. Thanks ...

outlook web access redirect problem

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem