Problem passing a parameter from a Report to CRM

Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine
on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM.

This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame
is in:

crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange();

var url =
"http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter="
var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue
var param = "&rc:parameters=false"
url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param

document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url

The parameter is set to hidden on the report so I can pass it from the field
however when I try to open the iFrame I get the following error:

The value provided for the report parameter 'Close_Date_Filter' is not valid
for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)

I don't understand what the problem is, the field it is referencing is a
date field, I've even tried it as a date/time field but get the same error.

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM stores the date as a date/time and all the information is included in the
field on the form, even if it's not all displayed.  add this line to the
onload event of your form:  alert(crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue)

to see exactly what's in the field and what you are passing to SRS.  I
believe you will see the day, date, time and time zone, which SRS can't
manipulate into a date.

If you stuff the date field DataValue into a new date() in JavaScript, you
can extract the appropriate data and format it correctly for SRS.

--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine
> on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM.
>
> This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame
> is in:
>
> crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange();
>
> var url =
> "http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter="
> var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue
> var param = "&rc:parameters=false"
> url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param
>
> document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url
>
> The parameter is set to hidden on the report so I can pass it from the field
> however when I try to open the iFrame I get the following error:
>
> The value provided for the report parameter 'Close_Date_Filter' is not valid
> for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)
>
> I don't understand what the problem is, the field it is referencing is a
> date field, I've even tried it as a date/time field but get the same error.

Hi Richard,

Yes you're right, CRM passes through the following: Day, Month, Date, Time,
Time Zone, Year.

I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to java, if you could explain your
last paragraph in more detail it would be much appreciated!!!

"Richard Riddle" wrote:

> CRM stores the date as a date/time and all the information is included in the
> field on the form, even if it's not all displayed.  add this line to the
> onload event of your form:  alert(crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue)
>
> to see exactly what's in the field and what you are passing to SRS.  I
> believe you will see the day, date, time and time zone, which SRS can't
> manipulate into a date.
>
> If you stuff the date field DataValue into a new date() in JavaScript, you
> can extract the appropriate data and format it correctly for SRS.
>
> --
> Richard Riddle
> CRM Developer
> Autonomix
>

> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine
> > on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM.
> >
> > This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame
> > is in:
> >
> > crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange();
> >
> > var url =
> > "http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter="
> > var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue
> > var param = "&rc:parameters=false"
> > url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param
> >
> > document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url
> >
> > The parameter is set to hidden on the report so I can pass it from the field
> > however when I try to open the iFrame I get the following error:
> >
> > The value provided for the report parameter 'Close_Date_Filter' is not valid
> > for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)
> >
> > I don't understand what the problem is, the field it is referencing is a
> > date field, I've even tried it as a date/time field but get the same error.

Jack,

replace your Close_Date_Filter declaration with the two lines below

var closeDate = new Date(crmForm.new_closedate.DataValue);
var Close_Date_Filter = closeDate.getMonth() + 1 + "/" + closeDate.getDate()
+ "/" + newDate.getFullYear();

I don't know if SRS will accept that as a date parameter through a url; i
didn't test it.  Also, when doing the report, make sure you are using a view
as your source.  CRM stores dates in UTC, so if you go off the table itself,
you may get unexpected results.

--
Richard Riddle
CRM Developer

"Jack" wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> Yes you're right, CRM passes through the following: Day, Month, Date, Time,
> Time Zone, Year.
>
> I'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to java, if you could explain your
> last paragraph in more detail it would be much appreciated!!!
>
> "Richard Riddle" wrote:
>
> > CRM stores the date as a date/time and all the information is included in the
> > field on the form, even if it's not all displayed.  add this line to the
> > onload event of your form:  alert(crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue)
> >
> > to see exactly what's in the field and what you are passing to SRS.  I
> > believe you will see the day, date, time and time zone, which SRS can't
> > manipulate into a date.
> >
> > If you stuff the date field DataValue into a new date() in JavaScript, you
> > can extract the appropriate data and format it correctly for SRS.
> >
> > --
> > Richard Riddle
> > CRM Developer
> > Autonomix
> >

> > "Jack" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine
> > > on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM.
> > >
> > > This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame
> > > is in:
> > >
> > > crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange();
> > >
> > > var url =
> > > "http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter="
> > > var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue
> > > var param = "&rc:parameters=false"
> > > url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param
> > >
> > > document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url
> > >
> > > The parameter is set to hidden on the report so I can pass it from the field
> > > however when I try to open the iFrame I get the following error:
> > >
> > > The value provided for the report parameter 'Close_Date_Filter' is not valid
> > > for its type. (rsReportParameterTypeMismatch)
> > >
> > > I don't understand what the problem is, the field it is referencing is a
> > > date field, I've even tried it as a date/time field but get the same error.

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Item History Report
I have modified the item movement history report to get an essential output for my client, who's main concern when purchasing is on the history of the item (needs to know when, who, quantitiy, and multi currency + exchange rate at time). The reason i modded the Item movement history report is because it is easy accessible from the purchase order (although he has to double click on the item to bring up the item form and then click on the report button, which brings up the default filer for the itemlookup code in question). The only issue with this report is that it brings up a filte...

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

Store name on Z report #2
I have a customer that has 2 store with HQ and they would like to have the Z report to have the store name on it, so they can tell the difference between the stores. Thanks Dave Just edit the xReport.xml template file to include the header information. You can cut and paste the header code from receipt.xml - just search for "PrintHeader" or something similar to that... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup ...

problem #4

OpenArgs and unwanted Parameter Boxes
I am building a project using Access 2003 sp2 linked to a SQL 2000 Database. All tables and queries are SQL based. I have a search form that supplies between one and three parameters to a searchresults subform. The subform displays employee wage information, and the parameters supplied can be any combination of Insurance No, Date of Birth and Surname. The parameters are passed to the subform as a pipe delimited string via the OpenArgs property of the Openform method. Code in the subform disassembles the Openargs string using the Split function and generates up to 3 arguments. These argu...

Report Writer Logo Printing
I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-through printer software that would allow printing of higher-quality logos. It is a workaround for people that did not find the logo printing of RW suitable. I cannot think of the name or find the software. A nudge in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Found it! Software is called fineprint. It was mentioned on Musgraves blog. http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/17/company-logos-on-reports.aspx "Mike" wrote: > I remember a software being recommended that was a pass-thr...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Cell Format

Report printing block
Problem: I can't print reports. The "print report" button does not work. The print set up button will allow me to change set up for checks but will not pop up for "reports". I suspect that it is blocked by some popup blocker software that I installed and since uninstalled. I tried re-loading the 2003 Money software with no change in result. Does anybody know how to unblock a pop up menue. Or, is this not the problem. Please help. Thanks ...

outlook web access redirect problem

CRM 3.0 and eMail from Outlook
I have a problem I need help solving. The has to do with the Outlook add-in for CRM 3.0 and email. When I get an email that I want to track in history for CRM, I select track in CRM and a reference item. THis part seems to work fine except that it puts the email in my "Assigned" My work queue. I can not delete this item from the queue without it also deleting it from the history for the specified reference. I can not mark it complete. How can I get it out of the queues while leaving it in the history? I have seen other remarks in the news group regarding this but never a r...

Problem after sorting