Problem adding a Product Mapping

I have added a Picklist field to the Product table, when I create an
Opportunity and select the product, I want this new field value to come over
in the OpportunityProduct table.-I can't get this to work.
I tried adding a mapping from Product to OpportunityProduct for this
Picklist field but the mapping will not work. I then added the same Picklist
to the OrderDetails table and a mapping from the OpportunityProduct to the
OrderDetails. This mapping works just fine. Is there an issue with adding a
mapping to the Product table to an OpportunityProduct? How can I force a
field to come into the OpportunityProduct table when I select the product for
an Opportunity?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When a record is created, only 1 "map" will be used.  In the case of
OpportunityProduct, the map that will always be used is the Opportunity ->
OpportunityProduct map.  By the time you are selecting the product, the record
has already been created, so a map won't help.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:07:03 -0800, "Duane N" <DuaneN@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

I have added a Picklist field to the Product table, when I create an
Opportunity and select the product, I want this new field value to come over
in the OpportunityProduct table.-I can't get this to work.
I tried adding a mapping from Product to OpportunityProduct for this
Picklist field but the mapping will not work. I then added the same Picklist
to the OrderDetails table and a mapping from the OpportunityProduct to the
OrderDetails. This mapping works just fine. Is there an issue with adding a
mapping to the Product table to an OpportunityProduct? How can I force a
field to come into the OpportunityProduct table when I select the product for
an Opportunity?

0
Matt
11/30/2004 5:55:04 PM
Working through the Opp creation process, I see that the Opp is created prior
to the OppProducts and understand that the process map I was wanting really
doesn't exist. It's always educational to see how others are using CRM, I
have read several postings about multiple currencies and I have solved that
delima for this CRM 1.2 implementation for my client. My customizations to
this CRM implementation allows multinational currency and was the reason for
my initial posting. I wanted to bring over the respective products' currency
(Pound, Euro or Dollar in a Picklist) when it was selected for an OppProduct.
I had a few issues with this that I will not explain but 2 issues were:  1)
You can't create/store read-only values very well without security in the mix
and  2) You have the ability to create Write-In QuoteProduct but CRM doesn't
have Write-In OpportunityProducts (I think this is an oversight by MSFT). To
accomodate my need for this posting, I first created a custom aspx page
written in VB.NET (not C#) and called it from a new WorkFlow Rule that I
created which is ran on the Create of an Opportunity using the Post URL
method. The custom aspx page grabs the current Exchange Rate of every
available Currency in the PickList, I store the current Exchange Rate in an
external SQL DB, then it writes records to an OpportunityExchangeRate table
in the external SQL DB. A new tab on the Opp displays another custom aspx
page that displays Write-In OppProducts and when Quotes and Orders are made,
A custom rule cascades the Write-In OppProducts down to Quote and Order
Write-In Products. The totals properly return the US Dollar Conversion amount
per line item and correctly sum the total for each object.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> When a record is created, only 1 "map" will be used.  In the case of
> OpportunityProduct, the map that will always be used is the Opportunity ->
> OpportunityProduct map.  By the time you are selecting the product, the record
> has already been created, so a map won't help.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:07:03 -0800, "Duane N" <DuaneN@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> I have added a Picklist field to the Product table, when I create an
> Opportunity and select the product, I want this new field value to come over
> in the OpportunityProduct table.-I can't get this to work.
> I tried adding a mapping from Product to OpportunityProduct for this
> Picklist field but the mapping will not work. I then added the same Picklist
> to the OrderDetails table and a mapping from the OpportunityProduct to the
> OrderDetails. This mapping works just fine. Is there an issue with adding a
> mapping to the Product table to an OpportunityProduct? How can I force a
> field to come into the OpportunityProduct table when I select the product for
> an Opportunity?

Scanning problem in Lot Matrix Item
hey everyone, we have a 'cash n carry' store and usually cashiers just scan the item without paying attention on screen. the problem comes when they scan any lot matrix item. afte scanning lot matrix item if cashier does not look at the screen and scan any other item it automatically picks the first choice in lot matrix item selectiion window. can we do something like everytime a lotmatrix item gets scanned RMS disables the scanner so cashier couldnt scan any other item without selecting an item from lot matrix window. thank you Gill I gave been running this software...

Set focus problem
I created the code below to do the following: 1. Check to see if me.cboAgency is visible. 2. If it is visible, then check for null. 3. If null, then display a message requesting data. 4. Then set focus to cboAgency field so I can enter the Agency name. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.cboAgency.Visible = False Then Else If Me.cboAgency.Visible = True Then If (IsNull(Me.cboAgency)) Then MsgBox "You must provide the Agency name.", vbOKOn...

Lost CD Case with Product Key
I have a Windows XP workstation where I have been running MS Money Plus Deluxe of a year now. I want to install Money Plus on my new Vista machine, but I don't have the original CD/DVD case with the product key. There must be some way to recover the product key from my existing PC, but I don't have a clue. I tried MS Support, but they wouldn't help me. They told me I need to buy a new copy - in other words, TOUGH LUCK STUPID. The thing that really irritates me about this whole thing is that I buy a new copy of Money every year at Tax time because the rebates bring the price ...

Problems closing Excel
Does anyone know why when I try open print preview or close my Excel programme it locks up the computer. just a suggestion: Try changing to a different printer driver. (You don't actually have to own that printer.) If that works, then I'd visit the "real" printer manufacturer and get the newest version of their driver. Sandy wrote: > > Does anyone know why when I try open print preview or > close my Excel programme it locks up the computer. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Problem with Categories & Sorting
In outlook 2000 Task Folder I had made user defined views, they were put into categories, in these categories I was able to do sorting in separate groups by just clicking the column heading, and the sorting was done within that specific category and not all the categories. In outlook 2003 when I click the category name it sorts all the separate fields all the way down, and the only way I can get my original view back is to select sort by categories, then I have to go back into the setup of the categories and reselect the sort order of the column that I want, it does not retain that ...

Can't Move Focus Problem
I hope this isn't too long winded! I have a simple little form with 4 controls on it. Three of the controls have Got Focus Events as illustrated below. A scanner is attached to Com2 which is being controlled(?) by a MSComm active X control.(Named "NewMatCom) Tab order is PartNumber, LotNumber, ClockNumber, NextControl When I scan, PartNumber gets populated, focus moves to next control, LotNumber. I scan again, LotNumber gets populated, focus moves to the next control, ClockNumber I scan again, ClockNumber get populated, however now Access gives a run time error ...

NT Backup Restore problem
After a server crash I have had to restore the Exchange information store using NTbackup. However, even though the restore procedure appears succesful, none of the restored mailboxes contain any data! They all report to be 0 bytes in size. The same procedure has succesfully restored all of my public folders, is there something I'm missing, or more likely not doing properly? Thanks. what version of Exchange, and how, exactly, did you perform your restore? "Neil Arrowsmith" <NeilArrowsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:463F5D9A-D985-4318-B1FA-798F5A337...

MS POS sync problem with Office Accounting 2007
We are getting transaction sync errors between the two, due to the use of non-inventory items, such as embroidery fees etc. Anyway to get these to sync into accounting 2007? Currently it will not add them as items, and every receipt with one of these charges caused an error. We are unable to run backups or proper invoices because of the sync issue. Please any help would be appreciated. MS Acct 2007 version: 2.0.7024.0 MS POS version: 2.0, 2.5.0993.0 please respond to this or email me at pimoreland@gmail.com ...

canonicalization problems
hi asp.net I have some canonicalization problems with my site. I've just googled my site using the oprator site and inurl: site:mydomain.com -inurl:www Which resulted in a list of links to my site which don't contain the www link. In Google Webmaster Tools I've specified preferred domain to be www.mydomain.com, but I did this about yesterday. Do not think that change have made any effect on the SERP yet. In my Global.asax file I have this method: void Application_BeginRequest(object sender, EventArgs e) { string requestedDomain = HttpContext.Current.R...

CSV file problem
Hi, Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the original file has quotes around each element but when I save the csv file from Excel it strips them off. I need the quotes left in. Any suggestion how to get Excel to leave the quotes in? Thanks in advance, Linn See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvwithquotes In article <eU8yb0X4EHA.664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Linn Kubler" <lkubler@charter2.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Using Excel 2000 and I need to edit a CSV file. My problem is that the > original file has ...

adding multiple sheets
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I have a sheet for every month of expenses for my business. What is the easiest way to tally the totals for each category on those sheets into one sheet? Thanks, Tim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0107_01CA96D7.6E7CAD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tim - I don't have an answer for your situation (separate sheets for each = month), but if you were starting over, the easiest way might be to keep...

Extrange problem with Tool Bar Control
Hi all... The problem I had is that when I double-click the tool bar so that it becomes floating, the tool bar frame remains on the original place, but the tool bar gets actually floating. (I mean the "dialog" where the tool bar controls were, stays docked, and not goes floating with the controls). What may be hapenning? The toolbar worked before on this MDI application. I think that it is a repaint problem because when I open a new document while that docked frame is still where the tool bar was, the frame disappears. I hope the problem was clearly stated. Any help will...

Problem with Outlook Express (e-mail)
Yesterday I sent a longer than usual (almost full page, 20KB)letter to the wrong address. This morning tried to resend it to the right address and discover it my "Sent Items" folder to be truncated (appr. 75%). Somethink shortened my message. Where is my original e-mail, on my hard disk or on the server of Road Runner? Can I retrieve my old e-mail and how? Shall I change any settings on my Outlook Express/computer? HELP!!! THANK YOU> ...

Problem in reading different data types....
When i tried to read data from Excel,I have come with a strange problem......... I am not able to read the mixed data in one column. Ex: Col1 Ro1 10 Ro2 Test Ro3 11 Ro4 12 When i tried to read Ro1 ,i was able to read data but when i tried to read Ro2 i am getting null value. I am using Provider as Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Its always depend on the Ro1.If i have text in Ro1(as First vale) i could read all text values in other rows of Col1 .If i have numeric value in Ro1(As first value) i could read only numeric data for all other rows for tht column. Thank u very much., rgds, ramesh....

Filtering records problem
When opeing a form, I want the control_click routine to filter records by year. Problem is 'Year' is not a field in the table from which the form gets its data. I have a dateid in the table instead that links to another "dates" table where 'Year' can be obtained. Question is how do I filter records by 'Year' then on a form that links to a table without the field 'Year'? Below is my code where I tried using a query to achieve this but because the field year is not part of the table, i keep getting a parameter prompt for 'Year' when I click on ...

Problem with SMTP send on Exch2K3 Server with Outlook POP3 client
(I'm re-posting in this group per one user's suggestion) I've got a handfull of remote users who retrieve mail using outlook express as well as a few Mac users running Entourage. I have recently installed a E2K3 server along side a E2K server and migrated all mailboxes over to the new server. Along with native Outlook connectivity, I have users connecting from around the world via POP3/SMTP. This previously worked fine on the E2K server. Since I have migrated all mailboxes to a new E2K3 SP1 server, they cannot send mail. I was (eventually) able to get them to successfully r...

excel formula problem
hello to all i want to discuss my problem with you related to MS excel. i want to know or find out formula of excel which can help me in such way.... i want to make grade point of my college students in such a way.. for example.... marks grade point average 50 1 53 1.3 60 2 68 2.8 70 3 76 3.6 80 4 84 4 89 4 90 4 98 4 100 4 this is example the student who get 50 marks the GPA will be 1 and who get 80 marks or above 80 the GPA should be 4 GPA should not less than 1 or grator than 4 please tell me the formula so that i can make this GPA thanks a lo -- khushe --------------------------...

excel 2007 date problem when saving as 2003
OS windows 7 ultimate 64bit and Office 2007 uptodate i have a 2007 workbook which has a date column with this values 12/1/2009 11/1/2009 10/1/2009 9/1/2009 but i want to save it as a 2003 workbook and when i do it i get this error "Significan loss of functionality" and the values that are displayed in the date column appears like this 40148 40118 40087 40057 this is driving my crazy i already look at my computers date format run the office diagnostic tool but no luck Dates showing a serial numbers result from two things: Cell have wrong format - you have checke...

Macro and Subtotals in one column problem
Anybody could help me out with this: I am adding up numbers in one column that are seperated by a blank cell. I would like to set up a macro that would add up numbers that are above the active cell; the macros should not add up the entire column though, only numbers above the current cell up to an empty cell. I tried to set up a macro myself but it would record the exact current position of my active cell, whereas I need the active cell to change from one sum to another. As example, in a column I would have: 1 2 3 Sum1 <empty cell> 4 5 6 Sum2 <empty cell> 7 8 etc. Can somebody a...

copy problem
I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the pattern. Help is appreciated. Hi maybe something like ="2440" & CHAR(ROW(1:1)+64) >-----Original Message----- >I've got a code that goes 2440A, 2440B, etc.,. I need to >be able to copy over so that Excel will continue the >pattern. Help is appreciated. >. > With 2440A in A1, try: ="2440"&CHAR(CODE(RIGHT(A1))+1) and copy down. It'll work up to 2440Z. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I...

OWA Attachment Problem
I have configured E2000 to run in OWA. Due to network restrictions, I have limited the size of attachments. Whenever a user is attaching a file on his/her message the file is being sent out to the server where it is blocked from being sent if the filesize is greater than the limit. I would like to know whether the file can be blocked before it is tranmitted on the server as this creates unecessary traffic from the workstation to the server. Regards Chris ...

Problems Upgrading CRM 1.2 to CRM 3 SBS
Hi, I'm actualy upgrading a CRM 1.2 server, with SBS 2003 SP1. CRM 1.2 is working fine, but when i try to update to v3 the prerequisite is giving 3 errors and 1 warning. SQL 2000 SP4 is installed SQL Reporting is not yet installed My CRM website is not installed on the default web site The SQL Database is not installed in the default DB but on the same server\CRM ok for Windows Version ok for CRM Users KO for IIS (URL non valide, Host name problem) KO for SQL SERVER (service SQLSERVERAGENT) KO for SQL Reporting Server (server\CRM not available) ok for Active directory ok for CRM Data Ba...

Cell selection problems
Hello all, I have a user in my company that is having a strange problem with Excel. He clicks on one cell to create a function, hits the = key and then clicks the Cell he wants to include in that function. However, instead of just grabbing that one cell, it grabs a few of them, all in the same row, and all connected to the one he clicks in. This did not happen 3 months ago, or even last month, but has been starting to crop up in the last couple of weeks. It also is not related to any one book/sheet/etc. from what he has told me. It appears that this may happen in different places. I hav...

Outlook 2003 archiving problem
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 and was manually archiving all of the folders under my Inbox. All of the folders -- dozens of folders in the directory tree -- archived fine to archive.pst until I got to one and received the error "Error while archiving folder 'Software' in store 'Personal Folders.' A folder by this name already exists." I have googled this group and see many references to this problem but I haven't found an explanation as to what causes this? I did note that I had a similar folder name in the archive.pst that have different upper and lower case spell...

RE: URGENT!! Enquiry regarding CRM problem
Hi! Thanks for directing to Techknowledge... However, I am sorry that I couldn't find the techknowledge in the whole Microsoft website...Would you mind pls forwarding me more info.? A Million Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >Look for Techknowledge 34755. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >After installing the CRM, I encountered some problem while trying to access >thorugh web services, in which the following error returns: > > >********************************************************** ** >MSCRM Application Error Report: &g...