Previewing the email a template creates

In my opinion ... and I'm almost always right : ) ... Templates are of no use
unless the subsequent email can be previewed.  Users are not going to select
50 leads and send them an email without being able to view the text and
formatting on its way out.  The template may have been created by someone
else which means the user would be taking an enormous leap of faith in using
the template.  That’s just asking for trouble.
Likewise, a Customer Service rep wouldn’t use a template to tell a customer
how to fix a particular issue unless they could preview the email.
I assumed the development team has known about this issue long enough to
have fixed it.  I was told at one time that this was a Top 10 item.  I just
learned that this is not in the next release.  In other words, a support rep
would send a template-generated reply to a customer telling them "We're sorry
you've encountered this issue.  Please try a, b, and c and let us know."  But
the rep would have to either trust the template was accurate or they'd have
to get access to it.
What am I missing?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello Larry!

I am not sure if this is a workaround for you, but we have a MS CRM Add-On
"WordMailMerge for MS CRM 1.2" which merges data from the MS CRM
with Word templates.

You can define for each entity word templates and with one click in the
webclient
of MS CRM the data of the account,opportunity,.. will be merged with the
word template.
The result is a word document.
You are now able to view and edit this document and then you can select if
you want to print it, fax it or send it as email.
If you send it as email the document will not send as word document. It will
be send as html mail.
This is not only possible with one account,opportunity,.. it is also
possible to
select some(10,100,1000,..) accounts,opportunity and make letters,emails,..

If this is a possible solution for you look at www.mscrm-addons.com.
You will get there detailed information and you can download a trial-version
..

--
___________________________________
support@mscrm-addons.com

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> In my opinion ... and I'm almost always right : ) ... Templates are of no
> use
> unless the subsequent email can be previewed.  Users are not going to
> select
> 50 leads and send them an email without being able to view the text and
> formatting on its way out.  The template may have been created by someone
> else which means the user would be taking an enormous leap of faith in
> using
> the template.  That's just asking for trouble.
> Likewise, a Customer Service rep wouldn't use a template to tell a
> customer
> how to fix a particular issue unless they could preview the email.
> I assumed the development team has known about this issue long enough to
> have fixed it.  I was told at one time that this was a Top 10 item.  I
> just
> learned that this is not in the next release.  In other words, a support
> rep
> would send a template-generated reply to a customer telling them "We're
> sorry
> you've encountered this issue.  Please try a, b, and c and let us know."
> But
> the rep would have to either trust the template was accurate or they'd
> have
> to get access to it.
> What am I missing?

0
Support
7/14/2005 9:38:17 PM
Have you tried using the "Insert Template" button on the Email activity window?
Last I checked, it returns the generated email, which you can then edit, prior
to sending.

Also, when sending bulk messages or sending via workflow, the no-preview makes
total sense.  Doesn't it make sense that a template would be very beneficial to
send a customer an automted "Thank you for your inquiry..." email after a new
case has been opened for them or after they have submitted a request on your web
site for information?

If you are usinga template someone else created and you don't know what is in
there, then it's your own fault if you send it out in a bulk mode to a bunch of
customers.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 13:57:13 -0700, "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

[...]

Matt

Missing Emails #6
I personaly saw this happen. let me start by telling you about the setup... Exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 all updates on xp pro sp2 all updates. Ok , one of my outlook users stopped getting email for two days. when I checked it out everything looked fine. I told him to send me an email to my outside account. which I recieved and replied to, here is where it gets strange. I verified he recieved the mail in Outlook Web Access. But he never got it in Outlook. so I logged back in and it was gone.I suspect it is in the same palce as his previous two days mail but I cannot find it. This has me ver...

delay sending out all emails outlook 2003
How do I permanently delay sending out all emails for 2 minutes if I realize there is an error or I forgot an attachment? Use Rules. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070508.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080508.htm#3 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...

Redirect email to a folder in a second account
I have redirected my email from one of my accounts to another one of my accounts; I would like the redirected mail to go to a specific folder in my second account so that I know which emails to respond to from my first account. However, there doesn't appear to be any differentiating feature between regular email and redirected email that would allow me to write a rule. Is there any way to tag the redirected mail or have it recognize when it is redirected? I don't want to forward the mail, because I want to see the original sender in the "From" box and I want ...

Cannot Create Quick Campaign 07-27-06
When I've selected some contacts and clicked on "Create Quick Campaign", the page that pops up (http://crm/MA/MiniCampaign/iframes/emailForm.aspx) shows 2 script errors: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: 'null' is null or not an object And after that: An error has ocurred in the script on this page: Object doesn't support this property or method If I click 'Yes' or 'No' on the "do you still want to use scripts on this page"-poup, I countinue to create the campaign, but no emails are created. If I open the Quick Campaign ...

Kicked out of GP when Emailing Statements
I am having a problem with emailing statements. If I try to print a statement for a customer that is setup to receive their statement by email I get the message "Microsoft Dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close" and it kicks me out of GP. If I print a statement for a customer who is not setup to receive statements by email it prints just fine. Why do I keep getting kicked out of GP when I print statements for customers who are setup to receive them by email? Thanks, Jocelyn ...

sql to create totals
I have a query that counts the number of records where the criteria has defined values. This produces a list of the number of records for each month based on a field txtmonth . Here is the sql and the results. SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, Count(tblhvdealspt1.ID) AS CountOfID, tblhvdealspt1.txtmonth FROM tblhvdealspt1 WHERE (((tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Buyout" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose) ="Refinancing" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Corporate Finance" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Restructuring")) GROUP BY tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, tbl...

Workflow for birthday reminder/email sending
I know one can search upcoming contacts birthdays by adding the month to form. But how can i automate it using workflow to send reminders/emails? ...

Email received but immediately disappears from one user to one receipient
I have a situation where email from one user within our domain, shows in the Inbox and preview, but immediately disappears. It is not in the Deleted Items or Junk Mail, and no rules are set. Emails from other users, within the domain and from outside, arrive fine. Messages is selected as the View. Others within the domain are receiving messages from the sender fine. I logged on to a different machine as the sender, sent an email, and the recipient received it correctly. This led me to believe that there may be a virus/spyware issue on the senders machine. After running multiple anti-spyw...

How to find folder tree for emails in search results?
Is there a way to see the entire hierarchy of folders for a message in the Search Results window? I just did a search of all mail folders (Outlook 2007). It returned about 20 results. In the "In Folder" column, it only gives the name of the folder the message is in, not the whole folder tree. I have a somewhat complicated folder tree structure and I would prefer not to have to open all of the branches looking for the correct subfolder. In some cases, there may be more than one folder with the same name. Not as far as I know. Search results return the item, not the tree....

Transport emails from one isp to new isp
I am considering changing from TimeWarner to AT&T uverse. TW does not limit my email storage capacity. Does uverse? What happens to my emails. Can I move to new Speed. Just ran speedtest.net and got 12.41 mb/s down and .49 mb/s up. Is that good and how does it compare to uverse? TIA -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com A1. Ask ATT A2. If you've already downloaded all messages from your Roadrunner account into Windows Mail, nothing will happen to them. Contact ATT for instrux on setting up your new account in Win...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

Email and opening a case
Is there anyway to have an email that hits a given queue automatically open a case if it comes from a known CRM contact? ...

Is there a template for a ticket
I need a template for an event ticket for publisher. Does one exist? One here for Word, you probably could adapt it for Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010185571033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mortgage guy" <mortgage guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3DCF7DA-EF21-48DB-AFD0-CE44B12D5A34@microsoft.com... >I need a template for an event ticket for publisher. Does one exist? ...

Email Template Question 03-16-06
I am trying to modify the Case Closed Acknowledgement template and would like to know if it is possible to obtain the data from the Resolved Activity which is created when you Resolve a Case and use it in the Acknowledgement. It would be nice to include what the Resolution of the Case was when this template goes out to a customer but I can't seem to figure out how to pull the fields in. ...

Can receive but can't send emails on Windows Mail
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'good site for random camping sales', Account: 'Rowena', Server: 'smtp.slingshot.co.nz', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 202.180.66.218 (202.180.66.218:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 This is the error message I get when I try to send emails. Up until a couple of days ago I have been able so send emails fine but now it has stopped working. Any idea of how I can fix this and send emails again? Cheers This...

Can't seem to enforce a newly created Recepient Policy...
Hi Everyone: I just created a new recepient policy. I would like this policy to set my newly created users in a specific OU to assign them a different email domain which in our case is NA.company.com when my users in that OU are created. I have created the new OU, and a universal security group in that OU as well as users. I make sure i put my users in that security group. My policy has the following filter rule: (&(&(&(objectCategory=*)(memberOf=CN=security_group_name,OU=OU_with_new_doma in_users,OU=OU_with_all_domain_users,DC=domain,DC=com)))) Now, when i add my users to...

Redirecting emails to another email account
Hi, Hi Aaron, I wanted to move emails from a specific email address to another email account. One of our users are receiving threatening emails. I want to move the emails from a certian sender to another account (keep as evidence) I have managed to create a rule in Outlook to forward the email from a specific external email account and then permintenly delete the original email. Can this be achieved at server level rather then ceate a rule in Outlook? PL3 There are two kinds of rules; server side and client side. Both are created through Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/...

exchange email scanning service
I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt I know this is a built in exchange virus protection feature, however I would like to tweak it or at least look at the settings. How do I go about doing this? It is an Exchange 2003 server. On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:15:29 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >I have been getting the following attachments on some users systems: >REMOVED_BY_THE_EXCHANGE_EMAIL_SCANNING_SERVICE_5CAE6CF4_4D03_48A0.txt > >I know this is a built...

CRM 4.0 customize Activity Created Date
cannot select date and time, format is greyed out and displays date only. How can I get it to take both? I've even tried exporting to XML, and re-importing but to no success. Hi, Can you please elaborate on you questions, are you trying to set value to the Created On Date on the activity? If you, you can't set the created on time, this is a system field set by the CRM system. Darren Liu$B!$(BMicrosoft CRM MVP Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 10:15 am, Magic23 <carlroyk...@gmail.com> wrote: > cannot select date and time, format is greyed out ...

Can't read some emails
I need help!!! We just installed outlook 2003 and I have a hard time reading some emails. This is all I can see when I open some emails. So i dont know why some emails look okay and readable while others you can read at all.. Sample below: See attached file: WFS610-Bank Teller.doc) --0__=07BBF861DFE24C278f9e8a93df938690918c07BBF861DFE24C27 Content-type: application/msword; name="WFS610-Bank Teller.doc" Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WFS610-Bank Teller.doc" Content-transfer-encoding: base64 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/ CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAMgA...

can't open email attachment in earthlink with office 2007 trial ve
New to pc's. I'm a mac-er. Bought a backup pc. downloaded the free 60 day office 2007 trial for Vista. I can open MS word but can't open a MS word document that comes as an attachment in earthlink. It's a bit of an emergency and of course, Gateway says call Microsoft who says they dont offer support for the free trial and to find it here. I've looked and don't see the answer. Thank you, pc'ers. Mhughu Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting yo...

Save preview picture
Can anyone explain why some workbooks will save a preview picture while others will not? I check the tickbox on the properties dialog, thn save the file. Some files then show the preview while others do not. When I check the ones that fail, the checkbox has been cleared. Ian Hi Ian, ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm#titlebar --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/...

creating 1 new set of data from 2 tables
Hi I have 2 identical tables (in field names). I want to create a query which extracts all data from both tables (ie append table 2 onto the end of table1, but in a new table/query leaving the original tables intact). I know this should easy, but I just cant see the wood for the trees. Thanks. You can do a union query which is a query with data from both tables, and leaves the tables as is: SELECT * FROM [TABLE1] UNION SELECT * [TABLE2] ; On Aug 8, 4:03 pm, "red6000" <red1000002...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi I have 2 identical tables (in field names). > > I want ...

email attachments #26
How do i find my email attachments? When I "save as" I get a path that I then cannot find using Windows Explorer. I applied the information to change the path via regedit and that didn't work. There's no such subdirectory as OLK5D! "DaRose46" <DaRose46@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C2BD49D-90B7-4C7D-8811-30A4975F9168@microsoft.com... > How do i find my email attachments? When I "save as" I get a path that I > then cannot find using Windows Explorer. I applied the information to > change > the path via reged...

Failing to create Device contexts.
Hello The code below fails to create device contexts after some use. The code works fine for a while but eventually the calls to CreateCompatibleDC fail. At the end of the routine I restore the default objects to the DCs that I selected objects into so I do not see why this would fail. Anybody see a problem here? Thanks in Advance Craig void SwChar::drawGrayScale(CDC* pDC, CGraphicView* owner, BYTE* bytes, int x, int y, int width, int height) { CClientDC dc(owner); CDC cdc; CBitmap cbitmap; // Create a memory DC and select the DIBSection into it cdc.Crea...