Preventing a user from seing other users opportunities

Hi,

I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's
opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) creates
an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is then
able to see this user (A) opportunity.

I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there any
way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even
though he is the owner of the opportunity account ??

Thanks in advance

0
luai7 (37)
1/24/2008 2:22:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I don't believe this is possible but I could be wrong.

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jan 24, 8:22=A0am, luai7 <lu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a case in which 2 CRM users (A) & (B) shouldn't see each other's
> opportunities and this is indeed the case. However, when a user (A) create=
> an opportunity for which the account is owned by user (B), user (B) is the=
> able to see this user (A) opportunity.
>
> I understand that this might be logical business wise, however, is there a=
ny
> way to prevent user (B) from seing these opportunities of user (A) even
> though he is the owner of the opportunity account ??
>
> Thanks in advance

0
darrenliu (251)

Response Time When retrieving data into an ACCESS form from SQL se
It seems like the slow response time (about 700 records) from SQL Server database, is related to retrieving one record at a time instead of retrieving all records at the same time into recordset for the ACCESS form. This retrieval generates considerably network traffic. What I would like to know is how response time can be improved. Is there a setting in ACCESS to improve the retrieval process or is this something that is related to programming such as an event?? In this case of 700 records the response time is about 4 to 5 minutes. The response time is instantanous for just a few ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

blog for Visio users
I've created a blog that has information for Visio users, if you wanted to check it out. I post fairly regularly on a range of topics. Visio Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant -- Mai-lan Visio, Microsoft Corp This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, Glad the Blog is here. I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the new button the pop down gives me choices. If I hit Comments, I can comment. If I hit question i get re-prompted. I am a new user and I am having a terrible time. I can drag a shape from the stencil to my drawing. ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...

New user mailboxes not being created #2
Hi All, I am having difficulty getting newly created users to show up in the GAL. The email addresses for any new user are not being created. I can add new users successfully, either by copying from another user or by creating the user from scratch. I can log in as the new user. When I try to create the user in Outlook using Check Names, I get the following message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." Any new user that I create does not get any email addresses created nor is it added to the GAL. If I go into System ...

Deployment manager can't see other domains and users
Hi, I have the following problem: the deployment manager utility can't see users in other domain. The crm installation is in a AD domain that trust in another domain. My problem is that cant' see and cant add any user from the other domain. Actually the AD account in the crm server is a domain admin account. Any suggestions in order to get the users from the other domain? I tried to create a user from the other doain in the crm server, but when this user tries to use the deployment manager tool, it olnly sees the licencing info but not the server and users folders. Any clue, w...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...

Accessing Contact fields from the opportunity form
Hi This may be a basic question but I have not been able to find the answer in lots of searching...or maybe I don't know when the answer is looking me in the face..... Users would like to be able to see some of the address fields of a contact in an opportunity which relates to this contact (so they don't have to go back to look at the contact details, they appear on the opportunity form). How do I go about getting the contact details via script when I am on the opportunity form? In the same vein, I would like to be able to break the contact name into firstname and lastname so that use...

Office 2004 limited to one user?
There r 2 users of my Powermac G5 opened using System Preferences: Accounts. Only the user who is the administrator can use office 2004. the other = user,=20 with no limitation set in System Preferences:Accounts, cannot access = office=20 2004 at all (administrator logout already). is office 2004 limited to one user only even though it's installed on = the same=20 one computer? In article <60d701c4827e$c33afe50$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "Julian" <juliancy@mac.com> wrote: > There r 2 users of my Powermac G5 opened using System Preferences: > Accounts. > >...

Let user choose currency
Hi,My company exports to different countries. So when the orders come,the order currency can be US $, Pounds or Euros.How can I set it that the user is able to select what currency theorder is in?Thanks,Zef....

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Preventive Maintenance
Hi! Have a problem with 2 buttons in Edit List of Preventive Maintenance window (PM Edit List), the buttons 'Cancel' and 'Delete' aren't functioning properly, because display a message 'This document can not be deleted', when I choose from the list. -- Thank''''s for yours commentaries ...

Attn: M02,3,4 users who use Passport/WinLiveID
You will get broken at the end of July, 2008. (That's about 45 days from now.) See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894020. You should remove the Passport/WinLiveID from your file before that time. (File|Password Manager). There have been many indications this day would come. Now you all have a date certain. Does this also means backup files taken from M02,3,4 will be inaccessible, even if they are opened with a current version of Money? Although if you have to go back four, five or six years you probably have bigger issues. But I have at times opened older backup files, even five...