Prevent users from modifying local data groups

It would be useful if there was a security option to prevent users from
modifying their local data groups for offline synchronisation.  In these
situations it would be generally a system administrator who would set up the
local data groups.
--
Kev

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c880ccb-0ee5-40cc-865a-00d43acf3cf4&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

This is actually much less liekly to happen than creation of a central tool
(as per your earlier post), as CRM relies on users only having user-level
permission to apply the correct groups
--
David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk

"Kev W (Concentrix Limited, UK)" wrote:

> It would be useful if there was a security option to prevent users from
> modifying their local data groups for offline synchronisation.  In these
> situations it would be generally a system administrator who would set up the
> local data groups.
> --
> Kev
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5c880ccb-0ee5-40cc-865a-00d43acf3cf4&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Hyperlinks Shortened/Modified by Excel
I have a master file that references a multitude of other files. To link the other files, I am using a hyperlink that looks like this: \\company.com\SHARE\folder\document name.doc This allows any user within the company to access the file. However, each time I save the file and reopen it, the links have been changed to this: .../../../../../../SHARE/folder/document%20name.doc I noticed, too, that if I reference the file this way: E:\SHARE\folder\document name.doc ....Excel changes it to the following: document%20name.doc (the master document is housed in the E:\SH...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Response Time When retrieving data into an ACCESS form from SQL se
It seems like the slow response time (about 700 records) from SQL Server database, is related to retrieving one record at a time instead of retrieving all records at the same time into recordset for the ACCESS form. This retrieval generates considerably network traffic. What I would like to know is how response time can be improved. Is there a setting in ACCESS to improve the retrieval process or is this something that is related to programming such as an event?? In this case of 700 records the response time is about 4 to 5 minutes. The response time is instantanous for just a few ...

Sorting blocks of data or named fields?
Hi I have a sort problem that I have approached from a number of angles and cannot seem to find a solution to, I am using excel xp. I have produced a web query which has returned a list which has a number of "blocks" of information each of which is four columns by four rows with two blank lines between each block. Each "block" has a number of blank spaces within it. I wish to sort the "blocks" of information(Kept together) based upon a value within the "block" I have tried a simple sort and the blocks have been broken up when sorted, I have tried to aloc...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

generate a list from a single row of data
Using Excel 97, I have a spreadsheet of Project Reports, arranged across the sheet as follows : Column A thru I are templates, hidden from the Project Managers Column J I want to have a table of project names that are in the worksheet Column K is blank Column L is the labels/descriptions for rows going across the worksheet Rows 4 - 29 Various Dates/contacts etc. Rows 30--53 Month labels for 2 years of resource forecast data Column M, rows 4-29 blank rows 30-53 Project Manager absence (vacation/training) forecasts Column N is a Summary row of Project Managers forecast time for all projects ...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

data entry excel 2003
when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? Tools/Options/Edit uncheck the Fixed decimal places checkbox. In article <07cc01c3dcfe$7a6e9fe0$a101280a@phx.gbl>, "colin" <c.wright17@ntlworld.com> wrote: > when I type a figure to put in a cell the result is the > same figres but, 100 times less. For example if I type > 2634 I get 26.34. What can I do? ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

Smartlists should export Excel data faster
We have users that have created smartlists which pull back large amounts of data (for six months at a time). The result sets are typically 20,000-30,000 rows. The users then export this data to Excel and create pivot tables. Microsoft says that you should not pull back more than 8,000 rows at a time, but that is a small amount of data for a medium sized company, when trying to look at data over several months. Everything works fine, except that the Excel export is horrendously slow. Microsoft knows of faster ways to export data to Excel through interop, because they have a knowledge...

blog for Visio users
I've created a blog that has information for Visio users, if you wanted to check it out. I post fairly regularly on a range of topics. Visio Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/mailant -- Mai-lan Visio, Microsoft Corp This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Hi, Glad the Blog is here. I must be doing something wrong. When I click on the new button the pop down gives me choices. If I hit Comments, I can comment. If I hit question i get re-prompted. I am a new user and I am having a terrible time. I can drag a shape from the stencil to my drawing. ...

Prevent users from sending email?
Hi all - Objective: I would like to limit users from being able to send email to everyone in our organization. Problem: We do have an Everyone distribution list that I have configured to only accept messages from certain users. This is ok, but once the user is presented with the access denied message they just select all the users in their contact list or they select enough of the groups to have the entire organization covered and send the email that way. Putting company policies aside, is there a technology solution for this? Any ideas?? -Donnie Set the maximum number of reci...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

New user mailboxes not being created #2
Hi All, I am having difficulty getting newly created users to show up in the GAL. The email addresses for any new user are not being created. I can add new users successfully, either by copying from another user or by creating the user from scratch. I can log in as the new user. When I try to create the user in Outlook using Check Names, I get the following message "The name could not be resolved. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list." Any new user that I create does not get any email addresses created nor is it added to the GAL. If I go into System ...

Deployment manager can't see other domains and users
Hi, I have the following problem: the deployment manager utility can't see users in other domain. The crm installation is in a AD domain that trust in another domain. My problem is that cant' see and cant add any user from the other domain. Actually the AD account in the crm server is a domain admin account. Any suggestions in order to get the users from the other domain? I tried to create a user from the other doain in the crm server, but when this user tries to use the deployment manager tool, it olnly sees the licencing info but not the server and users folders. Any clue, w...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...