Prefiltering CRM 3.0 Reports

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can throw some light onto this one!

I have a CRM 3.0 installation running on a Windows 2003 Small Business
Server with SQL 2005 and reporting services (2005).

I create a report using Visual Studio 2005 and the Report Wizard, to
list all of the active accounts.  I upload the report using CRM.  The
report runs fine, until i want to filter it.

So, back in Visual Studio i create an alias CRMAF_TableName.  And
re-upload the report.  The report still runs, but it will not let me
filter the report.

I could do with filtering  the report. I read somewhere that i might
need to create the report using visual studio 2003 to be able to filter
the report, although i'm not sure.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
James.

0
james
6/14/2006 10:10:51 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi James,
One thing I've seen in the past while creating reports, is that if I make a
change to a report, re-upload it into CRM 3.0, and then try to re-run the
report, I still see a cached copy of the report, and don't see the changes. I
have to shut down my browser, or because it's a test environment, I restart
IIS which is probably unnecessary. Anyway, just change something small on the
report such as a title across the top and re-upload it to make sure you're
viewing the most recent changes and not a cached copy.
Just a thought!
When using CRMAF filtering, the alias should be CRMAF_FilteredEntity
such as CRMAF_FilteredAccount or CRMAF_FilteredIncident.

sheckyd wrote:
> Hi James,
> One thing I've seen in the past while creating reports, is that if I make a
> change to a report, re-upload it into CRM 3.0, and then try to re-run the
> report, I still see a cached copy of the report, and don't see the changes. I
> have to shut down my browser, or because it's a test environment, I restart
> IIS which is probably unnecessary. Anyway, just change something small on the
> report such as a title across the top and re-upload it to make sure you're
> viewing the most recent changes and not a cached copy.
> Just a thought!

0
DerekH

outlook 2003 encryption #3
I am learning about digital certification to use with outlook 2003. I obtained a digital certificate and I am able to send emails with my certificate. I can also encrypt messages to myself. I have colleagues who also have digital certificates. I have installed these digital certificates and are able to view them in the contacts list. However I am unable to send encrypted message to them, because I get the following error: Microsoft Office has problems encrypting this message, becaues the following recepients had missing or invalid certificates or conflicting or unsupported encryption capa...

80040e14 error when installing Microsoft CRM
Hello Ryan, Since I am trying to install MS CRM on a SBS2K enviroment, I do not have an installation enviroment that has multiple domain controllers. So I have tried the solution of the second primary cause but it did not work. I have uninstalled SQL, deleted the files that can not be uninstalled, reinstalled the SQL and SP2 then installed CRM. Unfortunately I have received the same 80040e14 error while creating the metabase db. Any further comments? Regards, Orkun I too have this same problem, one single Active Directory (SBS2000) and get the same error. Deleteing the DB (files are ...

Understanding CRM
Hello, I like to understand a little bit more of how the email function works in CRM. This is my understanding of it. Out-going email 1. A CRM user opens up the CRM browser through IE. The user creates an email and sends it to a user, contact, leads, etc. 2. The email is marked as a CRM activity and creates a record in the SQL database. 3. The email is then sent off to the Exchange for processing Incoming email 1. An email comes in and Exchange looks at the email to see if it is a CRM email. 2. If it is, the email is sent to CRM, and CRM sends that information to the SQL database. Please ...

CRM Data Migration 02-05-04
Hello, I have an interesting problem..... We were playing with CRM 1.0 that comes with the MSDN Subscriber downloads and let our sales department ru with it for a while. Now we have purchased the production version of the software and what to migrate the existing sales data. ANy ideas on an easy way to move this data under a new organization key THanks Chris Hi Chris, you might want to read the documentation for the data migration framework. I think this is your best bet. Mike "Chris Nieboer" <Nieboer2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OII$14$6DHA.3100@TK2MSFTNGP11...

How do I start an Excel entry with then number 0?
How do I start an Excel cell entry with the number 0? (i.e. a pin number or zip code). Every time I enter it, then move out of the cell, the computer automatically removes the 0 in front of the remaining numbers. format the cells text to begin with, or put a single quote ' in front of the zero before entering data go to Format-Cells-Text This will now allow you to enter the data with 0 prefixed to a number OR Enter ' before your number "cajundoc" <cajundoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AC74DB6-8F34-41C8-B532-F8B683DA74A4@microsoft.com... >...

CRM Install #3
I have these server in LAN: 1 Windows 2003 server standard edition SP1 + domain controller + exchange 2003 standard edition SP2 (server01) 1 Windows 2003 server standard edition SP1 + SQL 2000 standard edition SP4 (server02) 1 Windows 2003 server standard edition SP1 member server. I will install, on this server, Crm 3.0 and reporting services (server03) I had read "Microsoft CRM 3.0 Implementation guide". In this guide some points are not clear. On the member server (server03) must I install "index service" and "message queues"? On the member server must I ...

If Statements #3
Hi all I am new to this, can someone, please help me with this. I wont to now how to evaluate two or more logical conditions if they are true or false using if functions for example. If total purchases in A2 are greater than $7000.00 deduct 15% from those purchases and if purchases are greater than $5000.00 deduct 10% of purchases otherwise purchases stay the same. How would I do this if funtion, Please, maybe use a or somehow? Cheers Mark -- burkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ burkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Reporting on mail boxes and emails
hi all a request was made to me to track emails. this tracking is to consist of logging AHT (average handling time) from once an email is recieved to its response with what is stated above, i need to track the whole step for each mail boxes that need to be tracked. i guess i have to require a search criteria based on either subject field and or message field of the email itself (and even the person who sent the email). does anyone know of a reporting tool that will log, track and report on any of these requirements thank Chuck Chuck, You could start with message tracking built into Excha...

quickly give GP users access to mod screens / reports
Hi there, Is there a method to quickly give users that have access to specific screens / reports, only access to the mod versions of all those resources? An article in Knowledge Base describes this - see Q20 https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQRRUZVRPSSXNSNWTQZRSXSPOKVWULOKZNVQSQLKPXQXQTZ However the solution described here is very cumbersome, and requires that you first investigate which specfic users have access to which specific resources. For instance, one client has 100+ users at 10+ companies, with 200+ mod's. To give all users access to mo...

Strange report prefiltering
Hi, I'm facing really weird problem with my report - I've created a context sensitive report for entity "Invoice" - it uses CRMAF_ prefix (FilteredInvoice, FilteredAccount and FilteredInvoiceDetail views are used) so only the data related to the Invoice from which I run the report is prefiltered and shown in report. Well, now the mysterious part - the report works correctly only for the newest Invoices, report for older Invoices is shown, but with no data (except fixed labels, of course). I suspect that there's still some kind of a hidden automatic prefiltering which exc...

BCP converts empty strings into chr(0)
I need to move some data from SQLServer to postgresql. The idea is to dump the tables I need to transfer into a text file with BCP and then to bulk import them in Postgres. I am having trouble since I discovered that the BCP utility converts NULLs into empty strings and empty strings into chr(0) (the very first ASCII character). What are my options? I cannot find a BCP option to save the empty strings as empty strings and the NULLs as chr(0) or some other user-defined char. I could write a postprocessor to "fix" the text files, but there should be a better way, I guess. I am...

Union query on a report
Hi All, I created a report based on a union query. I'd like to filter the records on the report by customer name. How can I set my union query to filter based on selection from a form drop down. For example: Query1 Select AcctNr, CusNr, CusName, Address From NewCustomers Where CusName Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCustomerSelection]![ddCusName] & "*" Query 2 Select LoanNr, CusNr, CusName, Addr1 as Address From ArchCustomers Where CusName Like "*" & [Forms]![frmCustomerSelection]![ddCusName] & "*" The report is based on the query...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

Attn MS: Fix the Reports
Suggestion for MS: Fix the reports in CRM to actually be valuable. I know it looks flashy to have all these graphs, but in real world sales scenarios it is much more helpful to have valuable information in list form. For example the "Products by Account" report is completely useless since when you click on "Show all" expecting to see a list of products that account has purchased, you just see a list of orders . . . sometimes the same order multiple times, but you still have to click on the order to see what the products were on that order. . . so I still can'...

Workflow not sending email to CRM Users
I want to notify sales reps when a lead has been assigned to them via email. Ive created a simple workflow to send email to the owner of the Lead when it gets assigned. The workflow sends the email but it shows up in History under the lead and not in their inbox. However it appears if you are not a CRM user and just a contact in the crm system, you get the email in your inbox. Is this by design - has anyone else seen this? This applies to CRM 3.0. I'm not sure about earlier versions. 1-Go into IIS on your CRM sever. 2-Under Default SMTP Virtual Server you should see Domains. Y...

Find and Replace help #3
I tried to find and replace in only one column, but it worked on the whole workbook. Is there a way to only find and replace on selected range. Thank you in advance. Ahhh. You're using xl2002 or xl2003. And you did this: selected your column edit|replace Then you clicked the Find All button. That changed the selection to one cell. So the next thing you did Replace All, thought you meant the whole worksheet (since only one cell was selected). Don't do that Find All or select the original range after you do it. Am I close? Mike Busch wrote: > > I tried to find and r...

SQL 2005 Web Service Task with CRM
When I try to use the Web Service Task in SSIS I get the following error. Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'ArrayOfString' Key being added: 'ArrayOfString' I connect to the Web Service, download the WSDL and after I select the CrmService from the input service I get the error. Any ideas? ...

Open 2008 reports with Reporting Services 2005.
Greetings. I have done a Reporting Services project with several reports in Micrisoft Reporting Services 2008. Those reports must work in a computer with Reporting Services 2005. Do you know if it=B4s possible to convert the 2008 reports to use it in RS 2005? Can do you help me, please? Thank you very much! No it is not possible. The problem is that reports significantly changed in RS 2008. It is not a matter of a minor edit in the RDL. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Server Reporting Services "sinh 0" <pascualjf@gmail.com> wrote in message news:58234b...

Autofill #3
Somehow my autofill options box that appears when you fill cells has been turned off. I have looked through the options on tools and can't see where to turn it back on. Can someone help with this? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Tools - Options - Edit -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:183BAF28-1001-4363-88F1-A315E632B3E4@microsoft.com... > Somehow my autofill options box that appears when you fill cells has been > turned off. I have looked through the options on tools and can't see where &g...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just ran it and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one can guide on this issue. Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. Fruther LOG 9:51:08| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging started 9/29/2006 9:51:08 AM === 09:51:08| Info| Bootstrap version: 3.0.5300.0. 09:51:08| Info| Us...

report prefiltering does not work for custom entity
Please help. I've been trying for days but can't get the reports prefiltering to work for my custom entity. I created a simple report with the CRMAF_ prefix and deploy to the CRM server. The report works fine and display all data OK. Except the pre filter does not work i.e. the "Edit Filter" button does not show. My question is: Does report prefiltering works for custom entity? I saw a lot of posts regarding this topic and tried all the suggestions i could find, but still no luck. I tried the microsoft tutorial in creating a prefilterable report base on the account...

Public Folder Replication Error #3
Hi Guys, Really really need to get some help searched the net but none the wiser. I have a client with 3 Servers; Servers Running; GlobalSRV1 - AD, Exchange 2003 SP2,Symantec AV Corp GlobalSRV3 - Blackberry Enterprise Server (yes i know the below server is called it but long story) Exchange 2003 SP2 BlackberrySRV - Exchange 2003 SP2, NAV Exchange SMTP Plugin. I have the Public Mailboxes stored on the Blackberry Server, I wanted to also move all the Public Folders to it, but in all the SMTP Queues on all 3 Servers the messages are building up? I have the queues name as name.domain and all...

edittext without border #3
anyone know how define edittext without border, i working with winapi on 98/xp that is edittext on DialogBox, has NOT WS_BORDER style thank you ...

Major CRM Problem
CRM 3 Pro in environment with 3* CRM servers all working fine till today >nopw can access CRM fine on 1 of them but other two give authentication failure. If you try to run Workflow mgr you generate an error "IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI failed." - also can go into deployment manager on the working server everything is fine but on 2 affected servers it only shows licence mgr - no server or user options. Think this must be an A/D issue but cant figure out why its ok on 1 & not the other 2. Really appreciate any advice. Roger With a great deal of help from Microsoft this ...

GP 8.0 installation/setup assistance
Can anyone advise me how/where to locate a bona fide expert in GP to install 8.0, (on a small office network - 5 workstations) set it up properly, provide some basic training, and then be available for telephone support on a "as needed" basis. We have been in contact with some MS Solutions Partners and though they no doubt are experts, their fees are simply out of the reach of a small business such as ours. If anyone could assist locating such an individual (in the Phoenix/Scottsdale AZ area) , it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.. Rick I think you ...