Pre-fill a User Name on Onload

I am working with CRM 4.0.  I have created a custom entity called Projects
and have created a relationship with the User system entity and have named it
Editor.  I would like to pre-fill the name of a person in the Editor.  I am
new to java script.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0
AndyC (13)
12/21/2008 9:42:01 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Andy,
Following URL is from CRM SDK. It will guide you how to write JScript code
for lookup field;

uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP
Microsoft CRM Consultant
Email :: imumar at gmail dot com
Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com
MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan

"AndyC" wrote:

> I am working with CRM 4.0.  I have created a custom entity called Projects
> and have created a relationship with the User system entity and have named it
> Editor.  I would like to pre-fill the name of a person in the Editor.  I am
> new to java script.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.
0
imumar (138)

Limiting the users who can approve quotes???
Is this possible? Thanks in advance, Jake Yes. >-----Original Message----- >Is this possible? > >Thanks in advance, > >Jake > > >. > ...

Print Pre-view
Why is MSpubliher the only program I have found with out a Print Pre-view?? is there one?? I don't have it! Pub 2003 has it! And calm down - life has worse things to offer you than no print preview. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d57a01c3ef40$be4d7ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Why is MSpubliher the only program I have found with out a > Print Pre-view?? is there one?? I don't have it! Hi David (anonymous@...

New Exchange Server with User Accounts in Child Domain
Origianlly I had an NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5. In the past few months we have created a new 2003 domain and created new accounts for our users there. These domain accounts were given permissions to the old Exchange mailboxes. The New domain has a root domain with two child domains. I have installed Exchange 2003 in the root domain. I used ADC to create a connection between the two domain servers. I can see all of the accounts using the 2003 snap-in. But, I cannot move a mailbox from the old Exchange server to the user in the child domain. The option is not displayed in the Exchange ...

Charting Using Defined Names
I have a workbook that contains numerous charts. I am updating the chart trends by manually editing the formula that define the trend data. I would like to create defined names, and through VBA, update the definition for the ranges. HOW do I incorporate a defined name into the formula for the trend? You probably don't need VBA: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicColumnChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ &...

deleting a user in CRM
Hello, The problem I am having is I have made a new user x in the CRM and added a license with that user. After that I have disabled the user from the web based interface without first moving the license Bk... User x is disappeared from web based interface but is showing on deployment manager under user manager with the license. Can anybody tell me how can I delete the user from there as well... what is the method of deletion a user with the license completely Hi Anwar, You can find the user by using the dropdownlist on the right top of the users screen. One of the op...

Pre-filling column
When I am typing into a column, some of my columns are pre-filling with data that might already be in the worksheet. But sometimes it does not pre-fill. What do I have to do so the column will pre-fill based on the data that is already in that column??? This Newsgroup is the BEST! Thanks in advance for your help. The normal "prefill" is happening only if similar data are already i the same column. It is not based on data in other columns. Prefill will only happen if there is no alternative. I.e. if you have a cell with asdf, the next time you start with a i will prefill but if...

Macro Fill Formula
Hello there im looking for a formula that will fill all blank cell from A1 to AA1020 with "0" without affecting the blank cell properties i.e. filled colors, sizes, etc. thanks You may already have understood this, palups, but no formula will fill OTHER cells for you; it'll only affect the cell it's typed in. That's by design; otherwise we'd all be capable of royally messing ourselves up. If you have a large area that has a lot of formatting in it but no data, then what you want is a way to copy 0 into the DATA of each cell without affecting the FORM...

Date auto fill
Every time I put in #-## excel changes it to a date. Where do I turn this feature off? Prefix with ' to enter it as Text Or preset the cell to Text format. Steve On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 20:59:42 -0000, Chris <you@me.com> wrote: > Every time I put in #-## excel changes it to a date. Where do I turn t= his > feature off? Pre-format the cell(s) as text or preface #-## with an apsotrophe which will not be visible in the cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:59:42 -0800, "Chris" <you@me.com> wrote: >Every time I put in #-## excel changes...

Error: "The Name Could Not Be Resolved" when adding additional mai
I have a user getting the error "The Name Could Not Be Resolved" when she attempts to add an additional mailbox to her Outlook profile. The error occurs as soon as she presses the "Add" button (under "More Settings...", on the "Advanced" tab). She is using Outlook 2003, on Windows XP Pro, accessing an Exchange 2003 server running on Windows Server 2003. The problem started after the user returned from vacation. While she was on vacation, we replaced her hard drive, so this is a fresh install of Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. She had this additio...

First Name Last Name
I have a form to enter a First Name Last Name from a keypad on screen. It works fine to input both First and last name into one field; however is there a way that when I save the record I can split the first name and the last name into seperate fields? I know I can enter them seperatly but I'm trying to do it in one shot. Is there a function that finds a space between two words, then perhaps another function to enter whats left of the space, then another to enter whats on the right? Any help is appreciated Thanks DS On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:29:52 -0500, DS <bootybox@optonline.net...

Emails in Queues pre & post transformation into case or opportunit
i am facing problem in CRM 4.0 i am using CRM 4.0 web based system, i have number of queues, my question when i received email in the queues then i will transformed into case or opportunity then the copy of the email were attached to a particular activity but email is still there. • First how I move this email permanently to the respective activity • Second if I reply to that email and then I will received its answer from the recipient now what should I do, should I create a separate activity (case or opportunity) or I can move email to its respective case It is very comprehensive CRM...

Pre-Requisit
Dear Team, I have one question? What are the pre-requisite to learn Microsoft Dynamics CRM ? by learning I mean to install, configure , and customize MS Dynamics CRM. I am a network engineer . Should I need to know programming in to learn Dynamics CRM? I will appreciate your detail replies There are three parts to Mastering MS Dynamics CRM. 1) Installation/Deployment 2) Application 3) Configuration/Customization Each of these parts has a 300+ page manual and certification exam associated with it. More information can be found here.. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/itpro/default.m...

Attachments not working for some users
Hello, Has anyone come across this? We have 2 users in the system who are both system administrators, both in the same business unit. One person can add attachments to CRM e-mails and the other user cannot (they get an http 500 internal server error). Any ideas why this would be occuring? jolee ...

How do I create custom fill colors (for cells) in Excel 2002?
I want to use some fill colors in Excel that aren't available as default. How do I create some? XL can only display the 56 colors in the Color Palette. Choose Tools/Options/Color. Select a color you no longer want, and click Modify. Choose the color you want from the popup. This choice applies at the workbook level. To make it apply to all new workbooks, you'll need to create/modify a default workbook. See Help for details. You can also import, in the Color Options dialog, palettes from other workbooks. In article <81AB20FE-D5A6-4A53-B2CD-541638F81A21@microsoft.com>, ...

I had the pre-made excel
Hi sheet someone send me, and I was not able to change the heigth of th colums or rows. Also some cells had "validation" but when I try to g to validation in the task bar, it is greyed out, and I can't mak changes, why is this >> Can I change it ? thank yo -- honsbee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- honsbeek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2115 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49597 The sheet and/or workbook is PROTECTED Merry Christmas -- Bernar...

copying names of folders
hi, i wold like to copy all the folders i one personal folders to another but only the names of the folders and not what's in the folders. is it possible? thanks michal ...

How to setup request form that people can fill-in and reply
I like to create an atractive request mail form that recipients can fill-in and return by clicking [Reply]. The mail form must meet these demands: - Simple but actrictive (in RTF or HTML, with pictures) - Can be forwarded without corrupting it's layout - Not as attachment but directly in mail body - Not hampered by security restrictions - Reply must contain recipients respons information - If possible but not necessary ... suitable for mail clients other that Express en Outlook Any suggestions? TIA, John7 ...

Adding Users in CRM
I have just installed a second copy of CRM for our development work. The original is working fine, but on this one, it does not seem to be seeing AD. I have run the Diagnostic Wizard and everything checks fine. What setting can I check to see why I am not able to connect to AD to add users? How is your system setup? Are you using the same OU as the original setup? Can you Ping the AD server? Check the AD and CRM Servers Event logs Try running the CRM Diag Tool (available from Microsoft Website) Post any findings and errors and I am sure we will be able to help. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2...

Save file name as a timestamp.
I would like to create an excel worksheet that people could use and then click a macro button to save as a timestamp and send through e mail so that when the file is sent to a common in box, it has a unique filename based on the time and date that it was filled out. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I use that in my mail examples http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Nick...

PLS HELP: Change exchange atributes on multiple users
I would like to change the option "Message restriction - Accept messages - Only from athenticated users" for multiple users on domain. OK, i can change this for one user or group, but how can i the most easly change this for 300 domain users? Dont wanna click one by one :( Tnx! On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:01:25 +0200, Hrc <hmrx@xnet.hr> wrote: >I would like to change the option "Message restriction - Accept >messages - Only from athenticated users" for multiple users on domain. >OK, i can change this for one user or group, but how can i the most >easly change...

"pre-invoicing in SOP"
We need to "pre-invoice" a customer for finished product in inventory, but the product will not be shipped until later. We want to "flag" this inventory as having been invoiced and paid for while still showing this inventory in the warehouse for future shipment. At the time of shipment, we want to be able to pull this from the warehouse and product the picking ticket/packing slip, but know that the invoice has already been processed for this order. Has anyone had this situation and been able to figure out a way to handle this even if it means doing a customization...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

"This is a pre-release version of the Compatibility Pack and can open pre-release Office 2007 files only. Do you want to check for a newer version of the Compatibility Pack?"
Hello. I have a client who is still using old Office 2002/XP SP3 on his old Windows 2000 SP4 Dell desktop Optiplex GX280 PC. Both his Windows and Office have all the latest updates from MS updates. He downloaded a Word docx file through Firefox v3.6 and was unable to open it due to an error: "This is a pre-release version of the Compatibility Pack and can open pre-release Office 2007 files only. Do you want to check for a newer version of the Compatibility Pack?" I tried uninstalling and reinstalling "Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and ...

Sorting blocks of data or named fields?
Hi I have a sort problem that I have approached from a number of angles and cannot seem to find a solution to, I am using excel xp. I have produced a web query which has returned a list which has a number of "blocks" of information each of which is four columns by four rows with two blank lines between each block. Each "block" has a number of blank spaces within it. I wish to sort the "blocks" of information(Kept together) based upon a value within the "block" I have tried a simple sort and the blocks have been broken up when sorted, I have tried to aloc...

Preventing users from opening onther users mailbox in outlook 2003
Hello I have just noticed that users in the office, can open other users mailboxes in outlook 2003. How do i not allow that? The only way i have figured it out , is to go into active directory, and go into a users acct under Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, and add individual users then deny them acces to that users mailbox. There has to be an easier way. And why would they be able to open them in the first place? Thanks in advance On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800, Exchange 2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have just noticed that users ...