Post URL workflow: failed to connect the URL

I created my first Web service, got a nice clean compile,
data moving into CRM tables, and I can open this web page
up manually, enter a Sales Order ID, and send an email,
so I'm almost there.   I'm trying to move into
production, which means attaching this Web service to a
postURL workflow rule.  But I am getting errors "failed
to connect the URL".

Here's what I did:
1)	Moved these files into the
\inetpub\wwwroot\VSC\ISV\CreateEmailActivity folder:
a.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx
b.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx.cs
c.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx.resx
2)	Moved these files into the \inetpub\wwwroot\bin
directory.
a.	CreateEMailActivity.dll
b.	CreateEMailActivity.pdb
3) Created a workflow rule that does a PostURL action,
pointing to
http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
tivity.asmx.

This Post URL action passes in the salesorderid as the
only parameter, which is the only parameter the web page
expects.

Now, when I open up an IE browser, and type this link in:
http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
tivity.asmx, I can manually enter a Sales Order ID GUID,
and it will send me an email!

But, it won't work through the workflow post-URL action.
I'm getting this error:

Error: action {30D71DD2-0B7D-475A-9436-8996C7304ABE}
failed in step {B87261C0-7763-4B27-A139-76A16B754F4F} of
process instance {6C45796B-12AA-4437-A71E-B1FCEDA96C7D}.
<description>Error in action
posturl.</description><details>Failed to connect the url
http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
tivity.asmx</details><file>d:\crm\build\3297
\src\platform\workflow\service\processengine.inl</file><li
ne>5248</line>

Any clues greatly appreciated!  Thanks,

Dave
(davidlcarr_spammersgohome@earthlink.net)
Any clues much appreciated - thanks,

Dave

0
anonymous (74722)
5/20/2004 10:42:57 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dave, first of all take a deep breath.
I had the same issue and MS Support working on it.
This error happens (to me) if PostURL�s parameter has "null" Value. If
this isn�t your Problem, did you check KB? There are couple of
articles dealing with similar errors (for example the
parameter-spelling in webservice etc.).

MS told me this is a bug but they won�t HotFix it because PostURL will
no longer be supported in further Versions.

Maybe you can Post some of your code?

"Dave Carr" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<fe8901c43ebb$cc3af980$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> I created my first Web service, got a nice clean compile,
> data moving into CRM tables, and I can open this web page
> up manually, enter a Sales Order ID, and send an email,
> so I'm almost there.   I'm trying to move into
> production, which means attaching this Web service to a
> postURL workflow rule.  But I am getting errors "failed
> to connect the URL".
>
> Here's what I did:
> 1)	Moved these files into the
> \inetpub\wwwroot\VSC\ISV\CreateEmailActivity folder:
> a.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx
> b.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx.cs
> c.	CreateEmailActivity.asmx.resx
> 2)	Moved these files into the \inetpub\wwwroot\bin
> directory.
> a.	CreateEMailActivity.dll
> b.	CreateEMailActivity.pdb
> 3) Created a workflow rule that does a PostURL action,
> pointing to
> http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
> tivity.asmx.
>
> This Post URL action passes in the salesorderid as the
> only parameter, which is the only parameter the web page
> expects.
>
> Now, when I open up an IE browser, and type this link in:
> http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
> tivity.asmx, I can manually enter a Sales Order ID GUID,
> and it will send me an email!
>
> But, it won't work through the workflow post-URL action.
> I'm getting this error:
>

> Error: action {30D71DD2-0B7D-475A-9436-8996C7304ABE}
> failed in step {B87261C0-7763-4B27-A139-76A16B754F4F} of
> process instance {6C45796B-12AA-4437-A71E-B1FCEDA96C7D}.
> <description>Error in action
> posturl.</description><details>Failed to connect the url
> http://localhost/VSC/ISV/CreateEmailActivity/CreateEmailAc
> tivity.asmx</details><file>d:\crm\build\3297
> \src\platform\workflow\service\processengine.inl</file><li
> ne>5248</line>
>
> Any clues greatly appreciated!  Thanks,
>
> Dave
> (davidlcarr_spammersgohome@earthlink.net)
> Any clues much appreciated - thanks,
>
> Dave
0
danielschmied75

URL type string field 'hack' in 3.0 possible?
Hi all, Our client had a requirement in 1.2 to have a field of type URL that would bring up a Windows Explorer window when clicked. For example, the URL field would contain the string "file:///C:\Customers". When doubled click it would display an Explorer window with the folder location to C:\Customers in a new window. When trying to duplicate this in 3.0, there is a pop up that displays, "Invalid protocol. Only HTTP and HTTPS are allowed in this field". I've tried searching all CRM specific javascript files in the file system to see if there is an occurrence to thi...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

links fail: Outlook Express 6/Windows XP

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

Entourage Export Failing

Workflow generated pop-up messages
I'm using CRM3.0. I would like to know if it's possible from within workflow code (using c# code) to trigger a message (dialog box) back to the web client. So for example if a field is null, display a pop-up message dialog back to the web client such as: "You must enter a Search name before proceeding" I know it's possible to perform validation from within Workflow manager, however the workflow Manager as far as I know, cannot send dialog box pop-up messages back to a Web client. Note that using client side scripting event triggers is not suitable in this situation, ...

Assigning Task through workflows
Hi, Just wondering if any one knows if there is a trick to assigning a task through a workflow to a queue rather than a user? I have created a workflow that has the task which assigned to a user but i require it assigned to a Queue. The only options i have are users or logical user? Thanks for your help, Matt ...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

winsock connect() return WSAENOBUFS
Have anyone met such error? How to solve that? From Quiinn & Shute, p. 584 This error indicates a shortage of resources on your ssytem. It can occur if you are trying to run too many applications...it might be a symptom of an application that does not return system resources... joe On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 16:26:24 +0800, hooway <hoowaycn@yahoo.com.cn> wrote: >Have anyone met such error? How to solve that? Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm I have debug my app, this is mutithread p...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Exchange-Outlook Connectivity
"Am having a problem with Outlook97-MS Exchange 5.5 with SP4. When an outlook client logs in it asks for Username and password; after it accepts the same, it shows the Outlook Screen but gets hanged in a minute. Task Manager says "Outlook not responding". But if I configure the mail in Offline and Use Dial Up Networking, it does not give any problem. Whenever Outlook is configured with Connect With Network option this is happening. At the same time response to my mail server is normal which is in a different city connected with a leased line. There is no abnormal behav...

Load balancing-Redirect URL break reports while access CRM via Out
We are planning to have a load balanced environment for CRM application server: Prod1 and Prod2. We have created a redirect URL: crm.<companyname>.com which if launched will redirect to Prod1 or Prod2 based on the Load Balancing configuration. Our report server and db server are on one server ProdDBserver.Here is the issue: When we are installing the CRM SFO client it asks for the URL so we gave the URL: http://crm.<companyname>.com. This redirects to the application portion of CRM within Outlook, but breaks the reports availability through outlook. The application works fi...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

eacht time outlook is sending 11 items and it failes
So this always gives me a send and receive error. Those messages are not in the outbox. pls help. Krgds, Arjan ...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

VBScript to check URLs
Hi, im a new bee to scripting... i have an urgent requirement but not able to find way to achive it.... I have a list of 5000+ urls and those needs to be imported and checked against the public DNS server and also need to log the output to a text file with date and time stamp and those files needs to be mailed back. The main idea is to find any phishing attack has been done or not. Can any one help me to find a solution for the same, i found a tool whoisCL.exe and dont know how it would help me.... Please, could any one help me or share if any of you had the same case... Downloa...

sign in failed
Is it normal to get a small window asking you to enter your email address and password for every hotmail account and with the following text at the bottom of the window, every time you start outlook? Sign-in failed. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook. If the issue continues, open the Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs and repair Outlook Connector. If this does not fix the issue, contact Support. If there are issues with the account configuration; yes this could be normal. If it doesn't go away by itself in a few hours, check your firew...

Outlook Tempremental When Connecting!
Hello. Has anyone experienced this problem before... When I try and connect to get new email, Outlook keeps making the password and username box pop-up, even though it is on the setting to remember it? It often does this for me, and even if you type the correct password it keeps popping up over and over. I run PopFile, but it always did this before I had PopFile anyway. It seems to be some sort of bug with the program. Sometimes if you go into the account setting and re-enter the password, and then go back and connect it will do it, but other times you have to completely exit the program...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Leftover workflows
We upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0 a while ago. While doing some more customizing we got errors that certain fields are used in workflows. However, those workflows where deleted in the workflow manager. Unfortunately it looks like the workflows are still active (paused) in the database (visible in workflow monitor) and can not be cancelled to free up that field. Any ideas? Hi When you did your upgrade, did you migrate your database from server A to server B then do your upgrade? IS the CRM server name the same? You can check the WFProcess table to see if there's anything active or pause. Y...

LoadToolBar Function in Subclassed CToolBar fails.
I am trying to sub-class a Toolbar in a CPropertyPage (Wizard) application. My code fails at LoadToolBar. On further inspection it fails exactly at DefWindowProc while adding bitmapped Buttons (TB_ADDBUTTONS = 1044) LayoutWizardD.dll!NLayoutWizard::CSLToolBar::DefWindowProcA(unsigned int nMsg=1044, unsigned int wParam=1, long lParam=1233352) Line 119 C++ mfc71d.dll!CToolBar::SetButtons(const unsigned int * lpIDArray=0x0140c014, int nIDCount=5) Line 522 + 0x19 C++ mfc71d.dll!CToolBar::LoadToolBar(const char * lpszResourceName=0x00001f69) Line 389 + 0x14 C++ mfc71d.dll!CToolBar::LoadToolBar(...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...