post callout questions

Hello,

I'd like some easy-to-use step-by-step instructions how to use
post-callouts, beyond the info in the SDK. I now know what it is I need to
do, and I need to know how to do it. If there is anyone out there that has
done this, I'd appreciate it if I could pick your brain.

The phrase 'register your interface as a COM+ application' sounds really
cool, but I don't know how to do this.

There is a 'Microsoft CRM Integration' component that came with the standard
CRM installation, and I would like to know if I can use this component to
process Incidents when they are created/updated in CRM. I was wondering if I
can just add a line to the EntityEventSubscriber table of the metabase for
the Incident entity, and have something handle the events as they happen,
using this Microsoft CRM Integration component. If so, what is it that I
need to develop and how do I do this?

I would also like to know which dll the Microsoft CRM Integration component
uses, so I can reference it in VS and take a look at what it exposes.

Thank you,
Daniel.

0
Daniel
10/23/2003 8:49:23 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

unauthorized password and security question change
I lost ability to log into my Windows Live hotmail acct last night due to my password being changed without my knowledge. I was not able to reset my password because my security question was also eliminated and an alternative email address that belongs to an unknown person was entered instead. So now I cannot request password info without a total stranger receiving it. I need this fixed and have spent all night trying to find a real person to talk to, to help me with this. I had to set up a second email acct just to engage in this discussion, but it does not help me gain contro...

SUMIF Question #13
This may or may not be possible...... But I would like to be able to sum up the numbers from one column only if they are For example A B Expense Code Budgeted Amt. 111 $100 112 $200 111 $300 I would like a formula that add up only the dollar amounts for items whose "Expense Code" is 111....... There are forty line items with various expense codes and I need to be able to total everything as well as break it down by expense code for...

Update Query Question 06-19-07
This is what I want to do. In the PO_TBL I have a field PO_ITEM_NBR which combines the data of the PO_ITEM and PO_NBR fields. I want to parse into the actual fields of PO_ITEM and PO_NBR which will exist in the same table. Current Table Result PO_ITEM_NBR PO_ITEM PO_NBR 123344 001 123344 001 123344 002 123344 002 123455 001 123455 001 etc. I have created a updte query with the following SQL statememnt: UPDATE PO_TBL SET PO_ITEM = Left(PO_ITEM_NBR,InStr(PO_ITEM_NBR,&...

Item not found in Card, but the posted Invoices are having this item number
There are a few Item numbers that cannot be found in the Item Card Maintenance, however there are still a few posted Invoices are having the line item with this item number. Why is that so, Please advise, many thanks in advance. GP's Sales Order Processing module can be set up to allow 'non-inventoried' items. (Actually I believe this is the default behavior.) Most likely this is what you're seeing. To change this setting you can go to GP > Tools > Setup > Sales > Sales Order Processing > Options button. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want...

Money for ppc question ?
I don't see how to record buy/sells of a stock.Only my checking account allows me to input data.I s there a way to configure this ? Thanks ...

SP3 question
I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on a Dell Dimension 3 GHz machine with 2 Gig of RAM. I have only heard bad things from people I know who tried to install SP3 and on newsgroups. It seems that one of three things will happen. 1. Everything will go well and it will work OK. (Seldom) 2. It will seem to go well for some period of time and then something happens and your computer gets screwed up. 3. It will not install correctly and your computer gets screwed up. With the last two, a clean re-install of WinXP is required to get back running. With my luck with updates, one...

Protect method question
I get problems when users accidentally move or cut data cell contents to which formulas refer. Is there a way to lock cells that allows the user to clear the contents and change the cell contents to something else, but prevents them from cutting or moving the cell? -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Hi there, It is easy. Just follow two easy steps. 1. Format -> Cells -> Protection Check the Locked checkbox. 2. Tools -> Protection -> Protect Sheet Click ok. Shafiee. Oooh... Sorry about that. You can use a macro to prevent the users from deleting ...

Posting a sales invoice
I am posting a sales invoice but, The next message is very awful. There is line of articulos with warnings or errors. Error: The amount of line not this correctly assigned. Any ideas??/ Thanks. ...

embarrasing newbie question
Hi Im actually only a newbie with GUI programming under VC++ Last week, I added a button to my rebar, and to handle it in my MainFrame I just chose the buttons ID in the middle combo in the wizard bar, and selected Add Windows Message Handler. Then, in the left panel I saw UPDATE_COMMAND_UI. I simply then add a Member Function to MainFrame and all was good. However today, I do the same steps with a new button, but in the dialog box I only see BN_CLICKED and BN_DOUBLECLICKED. The UPDATE_COMMAND_UI is missing. Whats funny is, even if I choose the button I made last week, and go into...

Real Newbie newbie question
Hi All - I hope you can help me! I have Finepix M603 camera and although I take reasonable shots in daytime, I'm not able to produce anything at night. eg On The Thames on New Years Eve, may people were using digital cameras and their screens should clear bright picture - mine was black! What setting should I set on mine? Any advice really appreciated. --- David Scott Hampshire, England Wrong group. Sorry....... -- --- David Scott Hampshire, England "Dave" <cadasco@SUPERhotmail.com> wrote in message news:50kuejF1fh28sU1@mid.individual.net... > Hi All - I hope...

Post URL
Hey, I have been informed that it is possible to use the Post URL to create a case via a workflow. If anyone has an idea on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated. Rgds Jefferson ...

Really basic question about adding and dividing
Hello Yep, I'm hopeless at Excel but I'm not an accountant and only have to use it once or twice a year for student marks Anyway, I have two columns which I need to add and then divide the total by 2 to get the average 10 + 16 = 26 divided by 2 = 13 so I type in the third column = Column A + B/2 and I get.......18 Ok, I've worked out what is going on (10+ 16/2 (8) = 18) but what do I do to get the right answer (13) Thanks Dave Neve =(A1+B1)/2 -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replac...

lookup question 03-10-10
I have a sheet in Excel 2007 that lists all of the courses we offer. Columns L to O indicate if a particular course if offered each quarter. For example, for one course (row 5), you might see L5: NO M5: 5F N5: 1F1B O5: NO L5 (Summer 2010) and O5 (Spring 2011) equal "NO" because the course is not offered that quarter. M5 (Fall 2010) equals 5F because 5 sections of F(ace-to-face) sections are offered, and N5 equals 1F1B because 1 section of F(ace-to-face) and 1 section of B(lackboard, or online) is offered. I am creating a separate sheet that users can use to loo...

CrossTab Query question 04-11-10
hello to all I have a Report that is based on two crosstab queries, qryA and qryB (shown below). Because these both have exactly the same Row Headings and exactly corresponding records. They differ only in the PivotField Column Headings, I'm wondering if they could be combined into a single query. (What I'm doing now is combining qryA and qryB into a third qryAB, then basing my Report on that, but I'd really like to know if this can be done in just one query). I've tried many times but had no luck so far. 'qryA TRANSFORM Count(A) AS CountOfA SELECT...

GAL question #2
We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. We have one forest with two domains. A domain for students and a domain for faculty. We don't want people from one domain to be able to see the people in the other domain in the GAL. Anyone know of a way to hide one domain from the other domain? Any Q Articles? Thanks for any help. Clayton "Clayton Sutton" wrote: > We are running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. We have one forest with two > domains. A domain for students and a domain for faculty. We don't want > people from one domain to be able to...

License Question
I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM client, but does a user need a Sales License to use CRM Sales For Outlook? Or will just a standard license do? Anybody know? From what I have read in the IG the license you pruchase for the Sales (or Customer Service) module will entitle you to use both the web browser interface and/or the Outlook client interface with no additional cost. Panayiotis On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 10:01:10 -0700, Heather Bain <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know a user needs a license to the Sales module to see it in CRM cl...

Design question
Hi guys, I am in the process of designing the table structure for some work we're doing, and am looking for advice on table design with regards a particular requirement. As I am contracted to a govornment organisation, I am giving examples, and not the real details. Requirement 1 has been covered: A person can have a Court Appearance. A court Appearance can have a number of Charges heard for that person at that appearance. A judge can Order the person to some form of sentance for a particular charge. So, We have a Person table, an Appearance table, which has a PersonID. We ...

exchange Mail Backup Question
Windows 2003 R2 Windows 2003 Exchange Server I have about 15 exchange users in my organization. I would like to disable user to delete and Move any incoming and outgoing mails at least one full backup (24h). We do not arrow user to create Personal PST. Right now, I can capture incoming mails only using forward and keep copy, but I can not capture send mails. I am looking if I can archive mail as soon as receive and send mails. Archive PST is on server sheard dirve, Once a month owner will look usermails and delete unnessesary (Junk) mails to keep exchange mailbox smaller. ...

Excel Question
I am trying to create a formula that will automatically sum the last twelve months of data when new months are added (in columns) to the right of the most recent month. Also, don't want to use the "now" feature as information generally lags real time by a couple of months. Months are columns and the item I want to sum is in the row below the column heading. Any help would be appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Dynamic Progress Bar for Your ASP Page http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0f8083d1-4588-413d-a9dd-e9343...

How to convert/post a Publisher page to Yahoo/Geocities?
I asked this question once before and got an answer but didn't save the link. I'd like to know again how I can take a webpage designed using Publsher and post it using Yahoo/Geocities. Currently using Publisher 2003. ...

Question to Microsoft
Hi, I am really fedup with this news group if no one reply what is the use of this site. I have a suggestion why dont you show reply send with the question. Thanks ...

Application Question
How can I have a fixed cell on sheet2 equal the active cell on sheet1 is there a function or code I can use. Thanks, Rich Yes. in cell B2 on sheet 2 enter: =Sheet1!A1 Now the contents of Sheet1 cell A1 will always appear in Sheet2 Cell B2 >-----Original Message----- >How can I have a fixed cell on sheet2 equal the active >cell on sheet1 is there a function or code I can use. > >Thanks, Rich >. > a macro activecell=sheets("sheet2").range("a1") formula in any cell =sheet2!$a$1 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Rich Wojci...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

list control question
Hi, I have a list contrl which works fine the only problem I have is when I do a right click on its headers! an exception message comes up. any clue? To handle the right click take a look at this article http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/listview/columns/article.php/c985/ AliR. "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%239RInvttEHA.3384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a list contrl which works fine the only problem I have is when I do a > right click on its headers! an exception message comes up. > > any clue? > > Th...

Button Style Question
Hi, I have a question on the style of a button. If I have the style of the button in .rc as BS_OWNERDRAW but if I don't handle WM_DRAWITEM what will be the effect of it ? Will my OnPaint still be called ? Thanks -sath_sm yes, OnPaint still be called. -------------------------------------------- Manish Agarwal <manish.k.agarwal@gmail.com> http://personal.vsnl.com/mkag "sath_sm" <sath_sm@mailcity.com> wrote in message news:uFpyV$ymEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I have a question on the style of a button. If I have the style of the > button in ...