possible to enumerate page numbers?

Hi,

If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000
data),
in the View, you can see those data by page number.....
However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I
want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page...
Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?...
I couldn't find it...

For example, if I want to have viw something like this...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number)

In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15
number...

Thanks.

...................................................................TJ

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no supported way to accomplish this.  It would probably be possible
through some unsupported means, but I Have not explored that route.  Plus,
this would not have visibility to the total number of pages (at least not
easily), so it would be idfficult to accomplish.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000
data),
in the View, you can see those data by page number.....
However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I
want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page...
Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?...
I couldn't find it...

For example, if I want to have viw something like this...

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number)

In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15
number...

Thanks.

...................................................................TJ

0
Matt
9/24/2005 1:19:56 AM
TJ,
In addition to tracking all of your changes, our new VAST Insights
query engine does precisely what you are looking for.

You don't HAVE to use VAST Insights to query against historical data.
You can create a query that returns the same result set as CRM views
(or CRM Advanced Find).  However, as we built a custom page to display
this data, we added the page numbers for each page along the bottom of
the result set.  (So if you have your Options set to 25, and the result
set has 51, you'll see 1 2 3 on the bottom of the page.)

HTH,

Dave

David L. Carr, President
Visionary Software Consulting, Inc.
Main #: 971-327-6944

To download a fully functional trial version of VAST, (Visionary Audit
System Tools for Microsoft CRM), that tracks all changes made to the
Adventure Works Cycle database, visit http://www.vscrm.com/trial.htm

Matt Parks wrote:
> There is no supported way to accomplish this.  It would probably be possible
> through some unsupported means, but I Have not explored that route.  Plus,
> this would not have visibility to the total number of pages (at least not
> easily), so it would be idfficult to accomplish.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If any CRM object has big data(let's suppose that Opportunity has 50000
> data),
> in the View, you can see those data by page number.....
> However, by default, it only navigates by one page...In other words, if I
> want to see 15 page, I should click 15 times to look at the page...
> Any way page number can be customized via CRM system customization?...
> I couldn't find it...
>
> For example, if I want to have viw something like this...
>
> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ..........(Would be last number of page number)
>
> In this way, if I want to look at the 15 page, I only need to click 15
> number...
>

> Thanks.
>
> ..................................................................TJ

0
Dave

Can't bring up web pages
Hello, A couple weeks ago, a particular workstation couldn't bring up webpages with IE v7. Then it cleared up on its own. Yesterday the same workstation had the problem again as well as another workstation on the lan. I don't know if this is related, but my workstation cannot access the main server even though the drives are successfully mapped and the antivirus won't update. Has anyone seen this type of problem? Could it be a known virus? Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Internet Options... Connections Tab.... Lan Settings Button.... ...

Have excel export cell format other than text; need time and date not number value
First thank you for taking the time to read about my problem. Secondly I'm not an xml or excel hotshot. I can barely write a macro. My problem is this. When exporting my xml data, the time/date values lose their readable format. A time of 01:30 am, for example, becomes something like 0.001353 for example. What do I need to do to keep the same format as is in Excel? It would sure be great if you could help. Kind regards ...

Sharepoint Central Administration broken: Reinstall on SBS 2008 possible?
Hey everyone. I have a problem with my SharePoint 3.0 installation on a SBS 2008 premium in use (after swing migration from SBS 2003). Problem description: I can't open the central administration site anymore. When I try to open the central administration http://servername:24449/ I get an http 404 error. I realized the problem when I tried to fix the Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search error Events ID 2424 an 2436 (Gatherer error). As far as I could find solutions, they all need access to central administration website sooner or later. So I searched for information o...

Group like numbers
Good Afternoon, I have a query set up and I would like to do the following: Group numbers 100 thru 199 in group 100 200 thru 299 in group 200 300 thru 399 in group 300 I did end up building a table which has the policy number ie: 101, 102 and so forth and the corresponding category next to it. Can someone help me with the best way to do this? Many thanks in advance! well if it's always a 3 digit number, you could just make a new field in your query: GroupNumber: Left([YourFieldName], 1) & "00" This would actually return a string of 100, 200 et...

Barcode Customer Account Number
How can I print a Customers Account Number as a Barcode on the receipt? <IF> <CONDITION> Len(Customer.AccountNumber) </CONDITION> <THEN> <BARCODE> <STYLE> msS3of9 </STYLE> <UPCNOTCHES> msUPCNBelow </UPCNOTCHES> <LEFT> MarginLeft + PageWidth * 0.30 </LEFT> <WIDTH> PageWidth * .40 </WIDTH> <HEIGHT> 0.2 </HEIGHT> <PRINTCAPTION> True </PRINTCAPTION> <BARWIDTH> 0 </BA...

dates and numbers
hi there, every time i type in a number in an excel cell, it is automatically converted into a date. i turned off auto complete, tried format, cell, number, but nothing works. any ideas and suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated. What, exactly, are you typing? If it looks like a date, say it has slashes or dashes, Excel tries to interpret it as a date. What happens if you clear the formatting for these cells AFTER you've entered the data? On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 15:30:15 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi there, every time i type in a number in an ex...

In publisher when I send 1 page by email do only some hyperlinks
I have about 30 hyperlings to web pages in a one page document in publisher (latest version) they are all set up the same way, but with different links, when I send this page as an email, why do only some of the links work, ie the curser only changes to a hand on some of them -- dave 1. You only need to send once. And after you do, please wait more than a half hour before you start to answer. Not everyone lives online (like some people accuse me do doing). 2. Are you aware that sending emails with Publisher isn't the best way to send info? I've run into problems because some...

Home Page Account Balance Display
I have a controller who is asking if it's possible to get a display on the GP Home Page that shows the Cash Account balances in the GL for 'his' cash accounts. Several ideas come to mind but I don't know if they will work. 1) SmartList link with a sub-set of accounts (but I don't know how to get account balances in SmartList. (I've posted another inquiry about that question specifically). 2) Excel link (but again, I don't know how I'd get Excel to tally up a balance from the GL). 3) G/L T/B report option link under My Reports but I've heard there...

Finding Used and Unused Numbers
Hi, I have a worksheet that contains 2 columns of data: Column A contains a list of all available numbers to use. Column C contains a list of all numbers that have been used. I need to be able to find out the following: Which numbers from Column A haven't been used. Which numbers from Column A have been used twice. Thanks! Hi in column B enter the following formula =COUNTIF($C$1:$C$1000;A1) and copy down -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Glenn wrote: > Hi, > > I have a worksheet that contains 2 columns of data: > > Column A contains a list of all av...

Default number-format
Hey guys While waiting for the Red Baron to show up, I enjoy living by doing some research in Excel. I'm stuck about this: Is there any option in Excel that makes me choose a specified numberformat as default? I have only seen the oportunety to make the script default in tools/alternative/general Regards Snoopy ...

possible to chart two sets of data (4 columns) with common X & Y axes?
Is there a way to combine two sets of data with common X & Y axes on a scatter chart that lets the viewer see that there are two clusters of data (say with different point types or colors)? Here's an example: Column 1: Test session Column 2: Distance traveled under condition 1 Column 3: Travel time under condition 1 Column 4: Distance traveled under condition 2 Column 5: Travel time under condition 2 Columns 2/4 and 3/5 are the Y & X axes respectively. I want to overlay the raw data so that the clusters that emerge from condition 1 and 2 are easily seen (different colored dots fo...

Calculate number of days
I am using Excel 2000. I need help with a formula. In A1 I have # of years, in A2 I have # of months and in A3 I have # of days. In A4 I want to add A1 through A3 and show the total as number of days. Thanks for your help. That can't be done... the number of days in the month depends on the start date for the calculation. For example, two months starting January 1st has a different number of days in it than two months starting on March 1st. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Linda P." <Linda P.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7398AB5-4FC6-4...

Hiding negative numbers
I know how to format cells and customize under the number tab, but is there a way for when a formula returns a negative number for it to have the cell be blank or equal zero? Thank you. One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom General;;0;@ XL display formats have 4 fields. By default the first is for positive numbers, the second for negative numbers, the third for zero and the fourth for text. By leaving the negative number format blank, XL will not display negative numbers. In article <1535501c3fa4c$eccf8f70$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "Jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

Customize search for web pages
I would like to be able to disable the advanced option in my Visio generated web page. I have created a floor plan and added employees names. I would like the opportunity to do a search for the names, but when I type in "w" I do not want to get all the walls in my search results... I am going to publish the floor plan on the intranet and I don't want people to be able to change anything in the advanced option. I would like to set it so it only search for text... Will be very grateful for help!! KH Hi Kristin, It's not clear but it sounds like you want to search ...

Post data to a web page and get results
Hi, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet. This should have a button and when this button is clicked, it should take the data in some of the cells and post them to a web page (using the HTTP POST method rather than GET). This web page does some processing on the server and returns some HTML. I'd like to get this and put it into a string, so I can parse this and update other cells in my worksheet. Is this possible in Excel 2002? Thanks, Richard ...

Retrieving auto number ID from insert query
Hi I am using a query to insert a record into a table that has a auto number ID field. I need to retrieve this ID so I can link the child records with it. How can I achieve that? Thanks Regards Assuming Access 2000 or later, the function below will do it: Function ShowIdentity() As Variant Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) db.Execute "INSERT INTO MyTable ( MyField ) SELECT 'nuffin' AS Expr1;" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("SELECT @@IDENTITY AS LastID;") ShowIdentity = rs!LastID rs.Close ...

Initial PO Number at new store with HQ
We are setting up a new warehouse and have just added HQ. How do we set the strating PO number at the new store? We would like to prevent confusion with the PO's from the Stores by having an AUTOMATIC generated prefix or leading numbers as in.... WH0001233 for a warehouse PO S10000899 for a store 1 PO ...

Page Setup #3
After selecting Landscape orientation in Page Setup, print preview continues to display the document in Portrait orientation. Never had this happen before. Any input on why this is happening? ...

How do I format a cell so that only specific numbers can be enter.
I want to format a cell so that only specific numbers can be entered. For instance only numbers between 1 and 5 can be entered. All other numbers will either force an error message or simply cannot be entered. Hi Jim check out data / validation (choose whole number - between 1 & 5 ... you can also write your own error messages on the error alter tab) check out www.contextures.com/tiptech.html for additional details on using Data Validation Cheers JulieD "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E311E76-7AB5-42E6-A835-8FD4F4A81B93@microsoft.com...

Print Serial Number on Receipt
What is the XML to print the serial number on the receipt? Hi EricG, receipt.xml is the file which print the serial numbers also. Regards "EricG" wrote: > What is the XML to print the serial number on the receipt? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0587_01C77605.3949CB40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable EricG, Must be using a Windows printer driver, not OPOS. http://tinyurl.com/2w3jp3 Must have access to CustomerSource --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Using the last number in a column
Is there a way to use the last number in a column (in a formula) when you won't know what the exact cell is where that number will be located? The last number will not be in a constant cell, this column is a running balance column so additonal rows will be added daily. Thanks for your help! One way =INDEX(A1:A10000,COUNT(A1:A10000)) I am assuming here that there are no blanks, replace A1 with the cell the holds the first number and A10000 with a large enough number you'll know you won't go beyond If there are blanks you can use =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10000<>"")...

unable to open CRM web page
It seems that I can open the CRM web page from the server but not from any workstations. It also affected any clients that were using the Outlook client. I have tried opening the page using the ip address, and the FQDN of the the server and still didn't have any luck. Someone point me in the right direction. Hi Flip, Well a few things to try to narrow the problem down: 1. Can you ping the server with the IP address / FQDN? 2. Can you log into the server with a non administrator and get to the site locally? (may be a permission issue, set to run as local or network service) 3. Log...

How to: calculate number of pieces when seperated by a '/' symbol
Hi all, I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a '/' symbol. i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces i.e. 999999 equals one piece i.e. 999999/88/77 equals three pieces Thank you in advanced. Hi Here's one way: =LEN(A2)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A2,"/",""))+1 -- Andy. "Mas" <mas13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u1TWo1tVFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I would like to calculate the number of pieces if it was seperated by a > '/' symbol. > > i.e. 999999/88 equals two pieces > ...

limit number of characters in a cell
I am creating an application form to be used electronically. I want a particular cell to be free text, so users can write what they like (ie their name), but I want to limit the number of characters they can use. Can this be done? I have put text wrap on the cell, but it still allows me to enter more information than fits into the box. I want it to stop users entering info when the visible cell is full. Rob, Teesside, UK. "abfabrob" wrote: > I am creating an application form to be used electronically. I want a > particular cell to be free text, so users can write wh...

Negative number formatting