Possible to close a 'group' of activities

Sooo, in my zeal to play with this version, I created a quick campaign that
generated around 2500 letters to leads (I really did this through the partner
direct site), so I want to track that letter in the history.

Around 2500 letters have been created for me to manage in 'Activities',
instead of 'History' for the Lead.

I don't see an intuitive way to select a group of activities and quickly
close that activity.  Instead it appears as if I have to open each one, go to
the Action menu, choose close letter, and then close the activity.  This
might age me in dog years.

Any ideas?  I was thinking I could write some SQL to just change it in the
table, but MAN it doesn't seem like that's the right thing to do.

James
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Installer might need to close programs, an open program is csrss.e
I have Windows Vista and when I try to install the latest Windows Live Messenger, the installer says that open programs may conflict with the installation, and on the list of open programs is csrss.exe. The installer says that if I choose to ignore open programs, the installer may close them anyway during the installation. Isn't csrss.exe essential to running Windows? If I tell it to ignore open programs, will the installer close csrss.exe? Thank you! Greetings, See your other post (this came through twice). -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MS...

Problems with backupexec 10d second storage group info. store restoration.
We have three mail box mailbox groups, we backup the information stores using backup exec 10d I have confirmed that mailbox permissions are the same for all three. But the problems is that when I try to restore using the recovery storage group I am successful using backup exec for the first storage group but it does not work for the second or third. I have dismounted the first storage group and deleted the files and have added the second storage group to the recovery storage group but I get the below error. The error from backup exec is: Final error: 0xe000ff00 - Unable to restore some Mi...

Grouping by Time
Hi Everyone, SQL Server table 1 - user, product, date/time Desired Access ouput - User, product, Count(for one hour), date, hour_widget_was_made(09:00:00 or 10:00:00 etc) I need to extract from SQL Server and create summary entries in Access that show how many widgets a user made in any given hour. Doing a nightly pull of yesterday's production, I can't see how to create hourly summary entries without running 24 seperate queries. Can anyone help, please. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance. Pat. hi Pat, Pat Backowski wrote: > Doing a nightly pull of yesterday'...

ExBpa Exchange 2000 in Active Directory 2003
Hello, I have a Windows 2003 x64 bit Active Directory Domain in Forest and Domain functional level 2003 running on X64 bit Domain controllers (coming from Windows 2000 Native mode on old hardware). It contains an Exchange 2000 Organization with teh RUS patch applied (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=873059). We have had no issues so far. Now as I'm looking at the setup with EXBpa ist tells me I need to policy changes. The changes I have not found anywhere else than in the ExBpa documentation. The changes are one for mail box rehoming issues and one for a search filter update in ...

Open Close workbooks
HI I have a workbook that user's use to input changed data each day into severval different worksheets, once data is entered they have to save it as filename(date) what I need is a macro that will close the saved workbook and re-open the original. eg saved worksheet is tallysheet28-8-05 original workbook tallysheet Hi bbc1 Look in the VBA for SaveCopyAs Your origenal workbook stay open and a copy will be saved with the name you want Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = ActiveWorkbook wb.SaveCopyAs "C:\" & wb.Name & " " & Format(Now, "dd-mm-yy h-mm-ss"...

Outlook restores old email servers when closed?
I had an old copy of Outlook which I updated to 2002. Everytime I close outlook, the email pop address reverts back to some old server. I have tried everything I can think of, including deleting the old program in it's entirety and reinstalling new one...help anyone? Thank you. Try removing the POP mail account, and re-adding it? Bruce Monteith wrote: > I had an old copy of Outlook which I updated to 2002. > Everytime I close outlook, the email pop address reverts > back to some old server. I have tried everything I can > think of, including deleting the old program i...

Outlook "sent items" empties when Outlook is closed
New items placed by Outlook in the "Sent Items" folder are not there when Outlook is restarted. Also Outlook sends me a copy of the messages that I send in the "inbox" folder (it appers just after I hit "send"). Windows XP, Office 2007 with Outlook Connector. ...

Grouping data

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Is this Visio group monitored?
I have several questions about Visio but there doesn't seem to be anyone answering the questions this week. This is the first time I've used this newsgroup. Can someone please let me know? "Trainer" <asaul@leydig.com> wrote in message news:%238XG%23tdTKHA.764@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have several questions about Visio but there doesn't seem to be anyone >answering the questions this week. This is the first time I've used this >newsgroup. Can someone please let me know? The Microsoft newsgroups are "monitored" by volu...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

news group help
Hi When I try and attach the news to the go menu the news is missing. I have tried resetting the news editor in internet explorer to outlook express but it does not re appear Please help Paul M To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. You may need to reset the Menu Bar and/or restart Outlook and/or reboot your machine i...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Exchange and Active Directory
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 SP2 with Win 2003 SP1 and it is installed with Active Directory. The AD is not the first in the Forest and my Question is, Can I demote this server from being an AD server. Will it cause the Exchange to crash or not run? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 22:26:58 +0800, "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote: >Dear all, > >I have Exchange 2003 SP2 with Win 2003 SP1 and it is installed with Active >Directory. The AD is not the first in the Forest and my Question is, Can I >demote this server from being an AD serv...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...

How is possible?
I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is still there and working. I cannot understand how this is possible. Would you anybody explain me? Thanks and regards Hello Salicilico, you wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:21:32 GMT: > I have performed the regular procedure in order to unistall outlook express. > In the windows installed programs look not present but outlook express is > still there and working. > I cannot understand how this is possible. > Would you anybody expl...

possible R-NDR attack, not sure, please help
Thanks to all who help and hope to help others with same issue. Since yesterday a user on domain sent a mail out to 10 or so people. Ever since then everyone who was being sent the message including the sender is getting a message like this. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Donald Permenter Sent: 10/21/2005 5:54 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: username@aol.com. on 10/21/2005 5:55 AM The format of the e-mail address is incorrect. Check the address, look up the recipient in the Address Book,...

Customize navbar Activities View
Hello All, I cannot seem to find the spot where I can customize the Activities view that is displayed when you select Activities (or History) from the navigation bar (for example, when viewing a Case). I assume this is possible. Thanks Hi, You need to cusotmize the "Associated View" in Activity entity in Customization section. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "Buckeye-LT" wrote: > Hello All, > > I cannot seem to find the sp...