Possibility of use of the Microsoft CRM UI Controls in Customization

There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is
microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV
customization later?
0
Janet
8/14/2003 1:00:56 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

they have not been exposed yet janet.
also no word of any plans to do so

"Janet" <jzou@menlogroup.com> wrote in message
> There are many dll files in wwwroot/bin directory. Is
> microsoft planing to expose dlls i.e UI controls for ISV
> customization later?

0
John

Help With the Customer Mailing Labels
Hi guys, For some reason the predefined Customer Mailing Labels report that comes with the system does not work for me. In Manager, I go to Utilities > Crystal Reports. I select my report and I choose the sort field (or none) and choose a criterion (or none) and click on generate. The application stops responding for a while and then I get the "Cannot Open SQL Server" error. Same thing happens for all the other predefined Crystal Reports. I have tried this on other machines as well, and got the same error. The rest of the RMS apps run without a problem, so I know the SQL...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Inserting Customers into HQ using SQL
We are writing an integration to RMS HQ Customers from an application called Campus View. I'm trying to write an insert statement to insert into the Customer table. I first tried inserting a record without explicitly setting the ID or HQID fields in the script to see if SQL would auto-generate these key fields for me. I received an error that null values weren't allowed. I tried manually creating a customer to see what ID values it would assign. Rather than starting at 1 and auto incrementing it appears to be choosing very long numbers to assign as the ID fields. For exampl...

How do I set up Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. Thanks! http://postmaster.info.aol.com/imap/outlook02.html "hc24fan" <hc24fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A184A2EC-2FF2-4C99-89B8-96E6F49AD85C@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook for the first time, I have AOL for Broadband as my ISP. > When I go into set up, I am totally lost...Help!! > > You all sound so knowledgable, so please help a beginner. > > Th...

Blocking fields to avoid use in formulas
Is there any possibility to block the particular field in order to avoid users to use invalid fields in formulas ? regards Peter You can lock and unlock cells (then protect the worksheet) so that users can't change certain cells. But if you allow them to type a formula into a cell, then I can't think of anyway of stopping them from pointing at A1 when A1 shouldn't be used. Is that what you meant? If it is, maybe someone else has a way... If it's not, maybe you should rephrase your question. Piotr wrote: > > Is there any possibility to block the particular field i...

Using project indicators and the current date
Is there a way to set up project indicators based on the current date verses the finish date? I want it more for a visual for resources to basically alert them visually if a task is due to finish within 2 weeks, or has passed. Here's what I want to show: Green - Finish date is < 2 weeks away Yellow - Finish date is >= 2 weeks Red - The Finish date has passed This would be using the current date, not baseline. Hi m2mteck, Is this in MSProject, or Project Web Access? -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "...

working out which colour text is used to populate a cell
Hi all, Fingers crossed someone out there will be able to help me. I have been tasked to provide a spreadsheet at work to monitor a number of applications and written applications that we receive and the number of days we respond by. I have the following cells ‘application received’(Cell B), ‘enquiry received’(Cell C), ‘date completed’(Cell E) I then have the following formula in Cell H =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) which determines which cell has the date in (B or C) and then works out the number of days it has taken looking at cell E (the...

Using rundll32.exe to install using a non interactive session
Hi, I'm trying to write a script that will remotely install a file system filter driver remotely across a number of systems using psexec.exe (from sysinernals). This works fine if the user is logged on to the remote system, but does not seem to work if no user is logged in. If I try to run other applications using psexec when the user is not logged in, they wrk fine. Are there any reasons why rundll32.exe cannot be used in this way? Thanks Richard "Rich Jones" <Rich Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9910D08-E00E-49E5-842E-93E9F...

Advice on Making a TimeLine Control
Hello, I am in the process of making my first custom control, which needs to be a timeline that behaves similar to the timeline in MS Moviemaker (and other apps). So far I have created a CWnd and drawn the 'tick marks' at the top to represent time, and got it to successfully scroll horizontally and vertically. The complication is having to add a label area to the left, to label each entry in the timeline, because these labels must not scroll horizontally with the rest of the view. The tick marks at the top also must not scroll vertically with the rest of the view. I am not sure wha...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

VS 2005 Using Crystal Reports from MFC application
I'm trying to find documentation on how to integrate Crystal Reports (the one included with Visual Studio 2005) into a C++/MFC dialog based application. Has anybody had any success with this? If so, do you know if I have to use managed C++ in order to accomplish this? I tried to add the CrystalReports ActiveX ReportViewer (10.2) into my dialog but it doesn't appear in the list of available ActiveX objects. I looked into the Registry to see if the component was actually registered and the entry is blank (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \CrystalReports102.ActiveXReportViewer.1 is empty). Does any...

"This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM" error in SFO version 3
Hi, My users get this error when they use CRM within Outlook (desktop client). These users can't create or modify Accounts; they just can see Accounts that were assigned to them. Has anyone ever seen this error before? There is like one error message per Account. Thanks, Mathieu CLoutier. ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Using Outlook with Hotmail
Hello. I've just started using Outlook 2003, after having owned the disc for a while (I only used office for Word prior to this). I use two hotmail accounts, both of which are installed fine. 1) How can I get an audio alert when new hotmail arrives? Surely if Outlook Express provides one, then the more advanced program should too??? This is a mjor thing for me, as I don't want to have to keep checking constantly to see if I have mail. 2) How do I configure my sent items to stay in the right place - e.g. the hotmail sent items with their relevant accounts, rather than in the un...

Number Format (custom)
I want a custom type that will take '5W' and put a zero in front, making it '05W'. I used the 00 custom type and it would turn 5 into 05. I got a reply to an earlier post suggesting to use "0"@. This worked but I forgot to mention that if 05W or 15W was entered I want it left alone. "0"@ added the zero to the beginning turning it into 005W or 015W. No real way to build logic into a number format in excel. in a number format you tell it what you want a positive number to look like, a negative number, zero and text. "barryderay" wrote: ...

POST using SSL in MFC
I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to emulate an HTML Form POST using SSL." I have examples for doing this in C# and .NET. Can anyone point me in the right direction for accomplishing this on the desktop using VC++ with or without MFC? Thanks! -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Jonathan Wood" <jwood@softcircuits.com> wrote in message news:eqA16Xh2HHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have the need to "use an object such as Microsoft's WinHTTP or XMLHTTP to >emulate an...

Graphing a Line Using the Equation
Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? try this url http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2005/01/27/professional-excel-development -sample-chapters/trackback/ see chapter 15 and refer to "charting a function" ============ tortoise25 <tortoise25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15CECA33-4F39-486B-B486-C5B4DE67E108@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to graph a line using the equation of the line? See PLOT manager http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html and Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla.zip at http://www...

CRM assemblies
Hello, I wrote an aspx page that receives an XML message from Biztalk and creates an Account in CRM, but I am having some problems, probably because the CRM assemblies have not been registered on the Biztalk machine. The aspx page is running on the Biztalk machine, but calls methods from the CRM sdk. Do I need to register the CRM dll's on that machine, or can I just copy them somewhere? Thanks, Daniel. ...

Crash when using listview.
Hi, we have a multi-threaded application that includes a list control (CListControl). At one point the application crashes with the following stack traces for the different threads. The threads 2, and 3 are sending a message to the GUI thread (#4), but for some reason the GUI thread is crashing when calling ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap. The difficulty is that it's not happening all the time, but always at the same place, so it's hard to pinpoint the problem. Is there a known issue about window messaging problems around this piece of code? THREAD #1 (Worker Thread) WARNING: Stack ...

Using a variable to refer to a control in VBA
Good Afternoon, I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one the 3rd one they system throws an error. thanks! Dale Dim intloop as integer intloop=8 Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form![subForm8].visible = False Forms![frmDate]![frmsubMonth].Form!("subFrom" & intloop & "").visible = False Dale K wrote: >Good Afternoon, > >I was wondering if any one can tell me how to fix the 3rd line to work like >the 2nd one does. The 2nd one works fine but one ...