Picklist View

Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist?  We have a picklist
in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of
them to appear.  We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually
decide to use them.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event:

//Remove the option with value 2
crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2);

Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist?  We have a
> picklist
> in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of
> them to appear.  We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually
> decide to use them.

0
Michael
3/12/2007 11:32:24 PM
Thank you very much!  That worked!

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event:
>
> //Remove the option with value 2
> crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2);
>
> Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values.
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

> "JC" <JC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist?  We have a
> > picklist
> > in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of
> > them to appear.  We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually
> > decide to use them.

Dialog ontop of Form View View Problem
Hai I am calling a Dialog from FormView and when i call that Dialog the Dialog is always at the top of the view and i want view to be on top of Dialog when i click mouse on the view and is there any thing that iam doing wrong Thanks and Regards suresh It is hard to say what you are doing wrong since you did not make it clear if dialog is displayed as modal for example. Assuming that is modeless pass pointer to a desktop window as second parameter of the Create function. This will make desktop window an owner of the dialog and dialog will behave differen...

Associated Views in CRM 1.2
I added a couple of case type values, published customization, and reset iis. I created a few cases with the new values. CRM seems working ok. However, there are a number of fields that don't display in the associated views e.g. casetype and status. No records in these associated views has these fields display. Though they contain data in these fields. Does any one have suggestions for my problem? Thanks in advance, Tuan ...

View (Arrange by) by groups
Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week, etc. How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying for me Thanks Steve On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:05:34 -0400, s boak <sboak.ele@noritake.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week, > etc. > How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying > for me I agree this was a terrible change. Here's the only thing I've found to address it: http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5243615.html ...

Can't view journal entry
I'm an IT guy trying to get a handle on security in GP 10. I set up account level security. I have a test user in a test company that gets the following message when clicking "Journal Entry" link on the Detail Inquiry screen: "You can't view journal entry ####; you don't have access to one of the accounts used in this transaction." Of course SA does not get that message. The intent is to allow the user to drill down all the way to the original source document. Steps to recreate this are: - Navigate to Inquiry|Financial|Summary. - In Summa...

Outlook
I previously used Outlook Express and was able to view HTML messages without any problem. Now that I am using Outlook (it's 97 v8.02) I cannot view any incoming HTML messages. They are plain text. Can anyone advise a solution? Thank you, Jane You are correct. HTML support was introduced in Outlook 98. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Normand" <IT@jpi-plastics.com> wrote in message news:0bbd01c347cd$b6b0be50$a601280a@p...

Viewing Excel Reports as local user
Hi, I am trying to open up a Excel report that was generated from Dynamics GP10. It gives me the following error: Cannot generate SSPI contect' when trying to refresh. Please advise all steps I need to take to enable me to run this. When I say OK I keep getting a error message when exporting the report from GP 10 to Excel. A window opens prompting for a user name and password. sa works fine. When trying to use a normal user id getting this message Connection Failed SQLState 42000 SQL Server Error 18456 I have been using KB 949524 to troubleshoot other issues. This KB doesn'...

How do I setup viewing images inline like Outlook Express?
I loved how Outlook Express showed images (GiF, JPEG, etc.) when you opened the email message. Now that I'm using Outlook, I can't seem to find a way to make it work the same way. It's frustrating having to open each individual picture or image when I didn't have to do that before usine Express. Suggestions? Thanks. By design, Outlook does not display attached images inline. Outlook is a business application. OE is targeted to consumers and the needs of the two groups are different in this area. Exchange Administrators consider inline display a security issue and don&#...

View Owner in Active Contacts View
Hi I am the new administrator for our CRM installation, more of a Sales manager/Admin role really. What I'd like to know is there an easy way to view All Active Contacts with the Consultant name who actually owns the acount on the same view. I hope that's clearly asked. Bill Chad That sounds spot on, thanks. D I chnage the View categories in the Settings Area? Bill chad. buser @ ncsi. cc wrote: > Im going by your subject line here because this can be interpreted in > different ways. If you are looking to view the Contact owner in the Active > Contacts view, yes you ...

SFO Offline DB View does not match CRM Server
Hi, I added some attributes to SystemUserBase table and it is reflected in the SystemUser View on the CRM Server. When I go offline in SFO, my SystemUser view does not have those extra attributes which causes my SFO to fail when loading the page. I notice that going offline in Outlook creates the following view "CRMPub-Adventure_Works_Cycle_MSCRM_SystemUserBase_VIEW" on the CRM server which does show the extra attributes. So how do i replicate this down to the client? Thanks Linna These fields were added through deployment manager btw. Does anybody have an answer to this? D...

calendar view
wen i click into my calendar from mail it doesnt bring up the calendar view (i.e. monthly view) it brings up a list of appointments, i have to then click on another shared calandar then click back on mine to view it as a calandar and not a list. how do i get it to open in the calandar view straight away. thanks "sookie" <sookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14D5CED0-C85C-4EB7-BF10-C3FCA6F1917B@microsoft.com... > wen i click into my calendar from mail it doesnt bring up the calendar view > (i.e. monthly view) it brings up a list of appo...

Changing the Primary column in a view
Does anyone know how to change the Primary column in a view. In Customer Services --> Case Customization when you try to change anything on the title column it will not allow you to do it. It will not allow you to sit another column to the left of it such as "Case No". I find this strange as Case No. is the primary key for the database table in question not Title. If I can't shift the column does anyone have any idea on how to shrink the colum. Hello, The first column corresponds to the primary one and it can't be deplaced, resized, or removed. Its size is calculat...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

Cannot view message
Hi, I cannot view my messages in full view or autoview from outlook.The same problem exists in all folders. This has only occured in the last week. The hourglass apppears in the message box, but nothin appears. Help! ...

view pages
When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the little boxes that represent the number of pages in the document. My supervisor does not get these little pages. How can we make them show on when she is working on a page? Which version of Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Brenda at COA" <Brenda at COA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C561244A-2055-4E14-AD75-5A17CD2DA386@microsoft.com... > When I open up publisher, at the bottom of the page I get the li...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

Outlook Express--unable to view attachments
Apologies in advance; I normally use Outlook. In OE6 (win me), when a message is received with an attachment (such as a pdf), OE is automatically stripping it off and claiming that it is unsafe. Any assistance on pointing me to the appropriate setting to change to stop this behavior would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives and finding no answer, John <rnunezm@att.net> asked: | Apologies in advance; I normally use Outlook. In O...

Integration with the list view
Hi, I have an ASP page that performs some processing on a Case record when called from a detail form toolbar button. I am using the PassParams attribute within the ISV.config to send the Case GUID to my ASP page. This works really well, however, my problem is that I also need to be able to perform this process on a group of cases selected in the list view by ticking the record (as with assigning/deleting multiple records etc.). Is this possible? I have not yet found a way of adding buttons to the list view, adding entries to the Actions list or passing multiple GUID's as a parameter to a...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Strange behaviour of a view after documents is loaded ...
Hello newsgroup, I have a view that paints pictures that are coming from a camera. I wrote a single document app, so if I retrieve pictures from the camera, I just change the pixel data of my document. However when I load a picture from file, I'm getting quite strange behaviour from the view. Suddenly it turns black!!! Even if I retrieve pictures from the camera then, the view stays black (although it showed pictures perfectly before). Is there anything I have overlooked (something connected with loading new documents)? Thanks, Stuart You just need to update you views regardless of th...

Help crreating a view vith data from an instance
Hi I hope this have a simple solution. I am creating a view on the default instance on a sql 2008 server, that among other data collects data from an instance on the same server. Problem 1: SELECT * FROM server\instance.database.dbo.table gives me an error message on the "\" How should I write the server\instance? Problem 2: On my test-server the server name of the sql server is: my-server this gives me an error message on the "-" I guess it is the same problem as problem 1. Should the server name be enclosen in brackets or something? > Sh...

Custom view error
I cannot determine why I get this error when I try to switch to a view I just created. There's nothing special going on in the worksheet. It's just a list which I have applied an Advanced Filter to, but which hides all non- matching data. Is the Advanced Filter not compatible with Custom Views? Thanks for any help you can offer. Kimberly ...

Cloning a View in Dialog-based MFC Program, part 2
I've created a toolbar button fort he cloning operation and the function it calls invokes a constructor for a new view. Using the debugger I can see that this new view has all of the right data ... but it has no window! What's my next step? TIA Norm I dont know the context of your action but make sure that you make the view and its parent frame are both visible. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Norm Dresner" <ndrez@att.net> wrote in message news:Ex45b.125557$3o3.8831281@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > I've created a toolbar butt...

Unable to View Source
Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Scott Siderman <ssiderman@ahpnet.com> wrote: > Recently, the "View Source" command has stopped working > on HTML messages I receive. I'd like to reestablish this > functionality but do not know how to do this. Any help > would be appreciated. You are probably encountering the bug in Internet Explorer related to having a full cache. The workaround is to cle...

Execution plan for view
We are using SQL 2005/2008 std. I have a view that joins and self joins between two tables with various join criteria and the criteria is static. Once the view is created, we have a query that will join the view with another big table and the where clause has two parameters which are based on the big table. When this query runs with various values in the two parameters, I believe the execution plan will be cached based on the new feature, parameter sniffing in SQL 2005/2008. Is this correct? Furthermore, say a third parameter is introduced in this query, obviously the optimizer...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...