Picklist values #2

Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the
account entity when the lead is converted to an account?  I don't want to
have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is
converted.
0
Wendy (93)
6/18/2010 9:12:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You can get only value through mapping and mapping betweent two field require
some validation like both field should have same datatype so if you want to
get this value you have to create same picklist in account and then you can
set mapping for the same

"Wendy" wrote:

> Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the
> account entity when the lead is converted to an account?  I don't want to
> have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is
> converted.
0
Mahain (3)
7/8/2010 10:04:34 AM
As a workaround you could add a new text field attribute to the Lead and
Account. Use javascript on the Lead to copy the value chosen in the
picklist into the text field (which can be buried on another tab such as
Admin, or even hidden if you wish). I would probably do this in the
onSave event.
Map the text fields through from Lead to Account and you will have a
record of what the value was at the time.

On 18/06/2010 22:12, Wendy wrote:
> Is there a way to display a chosen picklist value from the lead entity in the
> account entity when the lead is converted to an account?  I don't want to
> have to maintain two picklists just to view the value after the lead is
> converted.
0
nospam966 (79)

Null Value
When I try to enter a date on a form I keep getting the following error message; "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type (Error 3162). The help for this error recommends declaring the variable. The only problem is I do not have any modules created for the form. What can I do to stop this error message from happening? The form has a code module. Perhaps you mean you have not created any code in the form's code module? If you used a wizard to create, say, a command button there will probably be code in the form's module, so ...

Displaying Multiple Excel files, Not plotting zero values
Hello, I have two questions: 1) How ccan I display more than one Excel workbook in different window? When I open more than one Excel workbook, I want to display them side by side to make some comparisons. When I open one other closes. Is there a way to open many Excel windows? 2) I have a data set with lots of zero values. I use scatter plot. I want to only display non-zero values. How can I do it? Thank you. Athena 1) With both workbooks open, choose Window>Arrange Select an Arrange option, click OK 2) Create a chart from all the data. Apply an AutoFilter to the list (Cus...

testing (OT) 2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004E_01C8B5B7.029A2C00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I put this post on using the google group version, now using the = Microsoft newsgroup server. I'm trying to pin down what works and what = doesn't and why this specific sign in ID doesn't work on google groups = OR on the news server I use in Outlook Express. But another ID I have = does. I'm posting this using the Microsoft newsgroup server, which is = something else, and should work....

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

CRM integration #2
Hi, CRM is quite new (well very new!!) to me - and I am playing with Data Integration. I have the following to ask: I have a SQL Server Table with Customer Account Details. A master application feeds this table with information form a mainframe system. This SQL Table contains the master source of the data. The problem is that I need to do integration between this SQL Account table and CRM. Thus, I have to consider 3 operations that might be exercised on the Records namely: CRMAccount.Create() CRMAccount.Update() CRMAccount.MarkAsDeleted() If Data is inserted into the SQL Table, a ...

clip art missing #2
I have Publsiher 2007. Recently, I was using a friends computer who has Publisher 2003 and I created a .pub file. I opened the .pub file I created using Publsiher 2003 on my computer. Now my clip art is missing. How can I retrieve the clip art files? Were the images embedded? View, Pictures, do you have Detailed display enabled? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "willy" <willy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95AC7F24-98F1-458C-B872-C6E78FAA683D@microsoft.com... >I have Publsiher 2007. Recently, I was using a friends computer who has > Pu...

How do I stop excel replacing numerical values with the date?
I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? Hi format the cells as 'General' or as 'Number' "Becca C" wrote: > I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces > numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? If plain numbers are being displayed as dates, change the format to General (Cells/Format/Number). XL's parser will, independently of autocorrect, always interpret a string like x/y or x-y as a date if it can. To...

problems with serialization of the soap header #2
I need to send a header from my client. The heade need to have following format: <Header> <id>23</id> </Header> 1. I created a soap header: <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlRoot("id")> _ Public Class IRMHeader Inherits SoapHeader <System.Xml.Serialization.XmlText()> _ Public id As String End Class 2. Adder header variable to my proxy class Public id As IRMHeader 3. Added attributes to the method <System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderAttribute("id", _ Direction:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderDirection.In...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Finding Value of a Cell in a Range
In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:B127 and a value of 0 is the value of A1 is not found in the range of cells B1:B127. All values are text. =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,1)>0,1,0) or use your b1:b127 instead -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wendy L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyJFRYEYEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the > value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:...

Conditional Value
Column A = Job Status Column B = Date Completed What I would like to have is if Column A = Done and Column B has no value, I need to have a warning or a pop up of some kind stating that Column B needs to have a date value when column A = Done. Thank you in advance. in a separate column? =IF(A2="Done",IF(B2="","Date required",""),"") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Michael S." <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF4DD94D-F029-4F4A-A614-86F898E447E9@microsoft....

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

Seks v polnolunie #2
Nedotroga znakomitsya s dildo ...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

not printing #2
I am trying to print a document from excel office 2000 using windows xp pro but i couldn't print that . Hi, First, can you print OK from other applications? if not you'll have to make sure you have installed the printer on Windows (see help) along with its proper driver. If you can, then make sure Excel has your printer as its default (Menu-File-Print..-printer name). (Also, make sure the printer's on and has paper!) jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to print a document from excel office 2000 >using windows xp pro but i couldn't print that . >. ...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

default cell value
I'm trying to develop a timesheet form and am having trouble with a "comp time" section. It seems to be a simple problem but I can't find an answer. I've got a function =IF(K3>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF(K4>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF (K5>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,0))) but if k3, k4 or k5 doesn't have a "0" then I get #VALUE! I'd like to have "0" (zero) in each of these as a default value since this section won't always be used by everyone. How can I have "0" or "---" show by default and not have #VALUE! show if somebody deletes...

vlookup and match first value greater than
I need to lookup a product id and return the date of the first value greater than zero For instance a b c d e f g 1 Date 4/12 4/19 4/26 5/3 5/10 5/17 2 Product A 0 11 35 0 0 125 3 Product B 35 50 75 100 25 36 If I lookup Product A in the spreadsheet and want to get results from columns e through g I would want to see 5/17 as the result. I have this formula which works against a fixed row reference but have been unable to incorporate a lookup value into this to return the same result. INDEX($e$1...

Reset value to False in Checkbox when closing form
I have a split form with a Checkbox called "Select" it's default value is False (0) when I close the form I want the field value (if changed) to be reset to False (0). In my form I have an event procedure under On Close: Private Sub Form_Close() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.ControlType = acCheckBox Then ctl.Value = False End If Next End Sub When I close the form I get an error message: Run-time error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object." Any ideas where I've gone wrong? -- n...

Trying to do Business Cards Using Publisher
I apologize for this, but my previous thread I think maybe was looked at as being closed so I wasn't getting any responses. Please excuse me for being a little impatient here, but I would just love to get some good advice here on how to solve my ongoing problem. So I just started a new thread, but it really is a continuation of my previous one under basically the same heading. It looks like I have a problem here. After I applied my 2 by 3.5 business card graphic to the blank business card template in Publisher by applying it to the Master page, it looked great online and when I p...

Inventory of other stores in HQ enviorment #2
Is there a simple method or add on that can allow one store in the HQ enterprise to see if an item is in stock at another store? thanks Dave Weston ...

How to set XY values using MSChart control
Hi, I'm using the MSChart control to set plot a set of XY values. I have set the type to XY_Scatter, but am unable to figure out how to set values. Could someone please explain or point me to some link to do this. TIA, SD ...

Linking to other workbooks #2
Hi All, I have a dilemma and if anyone could help me you'd save me sooo much time. I have 29 spreadsheets which holds monthly records (Jul to Dec), they are the same spreadsheets but all 29 staff have there own spreadsheet which is called there name. I then have one big spreadsheet which pulls in data from these 29 spreadsheets into one big data list page. It then totals various sections, to provide a department total. The data has been pulling fine for November but I now want to also pull in Decembers data. Is there a way I can copy November's worksheet and change the links ...

Counting a Range of Values
Who likes a challange? I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets. A number of th worksheets are identical and are used by multiple users to input thei own data. I need to extract a set number of rows from 2 of the column on each of these given sheets. To make matters more interesting, I onl want to extract the row if there is information in it. If the field i blank, leave it! I want these to be extracted into another worksheet i the same workbook. After I perform a calculation on each of these rows that were exported I will get a new column which will contain a time. (ie: 8:45) I ...