Picklist value doesn't change when changed in a workflow

Hi There

I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the
picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status
reason values. When I try to change the value in a workflow the
workflow step succeeds but the value doesn't change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
andymay (2)
8/21/2011 3:27:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Aug 21, 3:27=A0pm, MayBoy <andy...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the
> picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status
> reason values. When I try to change the value in a workflow the
> workflow step succeeds but the value doesn't change.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This appears yo be a problem with the specific attribute in question
as I cannot recreate the problem on another entity, please disregard
this post
0
andymay (2)

Can the isv.config be used to launch Workflow rules
We use several workflow rules and would like to customize the menu bar to include a button which can quickly launch certain workflow rules. Is it possible to do this by editting the isv.config file? And how? it seems to be possible as you can of course go to actions then run a workflow so one way might be to find the source code that does this. Another way might be to have the menu item or button call an external asp.net page which calls back into the platform and runs the workflow. I have not tried this or heard of anyone doing this so have no idea if its possible. -- John O'Donnell ...

Null Value
When I try to enter a date on a form I keep getting the following error message; "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type (Error 3162). The help for this error recommends declaring the variable. The only problem is I do not have any modules created for the form. What can I do to stop this error message from happening? The form has a code module. Perhaps you mean you have not created any code in the form's code module? If you used a wizard to create, say, a command button there will probably be code in the form's module, so ...

Displaying Multiple Excel files, Not plotting zero values
Hello, I have two questions: 1) How ccan I display more than one Excel workbook in different window? When I open more than one Excel workbook, I want to display them side by side to make some comparisons. When I open one other closes. Is there a way to open many Excel windows? 2) I have a data set with lots of zero values. I use scatter plot. I want to only display non-zero values. How can I do it? Thank you. Athena 1) With both workbooks open, choose Window>Arrange Select an Arrange option, click OK 2) Create a chart from all the data. Apply an AutoFilter to the list (Cus...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

Can Excel change numbers in a cell upon printing?
I have to print my blank Purchase Orders out of Excel. Is there a way to have the P.O. Number add one to it for every page printed? Now I manually change it and print one then change it and print one. Wendy, Sure it can. An InputBox would probably be the best way to go. Try the following code: Sub TestMe() Dim HowMany As Integer Dim StartNum As Integer If Range("A1").Value = "" Then Range("A1").Value = 1 HowMany = InputBox("How many Invoices to print starting at " & Range("A1").Value) StartNum = Range("A1"...

How do I stop excel replacing numerical values with the date?
I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? Hi format the cells as 'General' or as 'Number' "Becca C" wrote: > I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces > numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? If plain numbers are being displayed as dates, change the format to General (Cells/Format/Number). XL's parser will, independently of autocorrect, always interpret a string like x/y or x-y as a date if it can. To...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Finding Value of a Cell in a Range
In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:B127 and a value of 0 is the value of A1 is not found in the range of cells B1:B127. All values are text. =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,1)>0,1,0) or use your b1:b127 instead -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wendy L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyJFRYEYEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the > value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:...

VBA to change format of a linked cell
I apologize if this is really simple, but I've been searching around on the web and haven't found what I am looking for.... Maybe I am not searching for the right thing..... I would like to know the VBA syntax that I could use to change the font format of a linked cell to be the same as the cell it is linked to... A simple example: on sheet2, in cell b13, is the value 2. It is colored blue and is bolded. on sheet2, in cell b47, is the value 5. it is formatted in the default manner cell A1, on the sheet named sheet1, contains the formula ='sheet2!b13' cell A2, on the sheet ...

Conditional Value
Column A = Job Status Column B = Date Completed What I would like to have is if Column A = Done and Column B has no value, I need to have a warning or a pop up of some kind stating that Column B needs to have a date value when column A = Done. Thank you in advance. in a separate column? =IF(A2="Done",IF(B2="","Date required",""),"") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Michael S." <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF4DD94D-F029-4F4A-A614-86F898E447E9@microsoft....

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

Change toolbar programmatically
I have a custom toolbar with an assortment of command icons; Save, Find, Form Search, Seach by Selection, Sort, Form and Datasheet view - to list a few. The most used are Form and Datasheet view. I want Datasheet view icon to be available only when a filter has been applied to the form. The reason is when clients look up records, they are naturally inclined to use datasheet view. When you have 25 people scrolling though 1500 records at the same time, I believe, it causes the database to become corrupted. This corruption happens about once a week - way too much! Is there a way to turn off t...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

Margin Measurements keep changeing
I have been using various forms of Publisher since 1997? I have just started to use 2007 and I am going crazy. I enter a margin say top, it then takes a few seconds and previews I tab to the next repeat repeat repeat so this takes a 1-2 minutes (I am not in print prewiew) then the new bit number of copies ie 4 per page so now times this by the number of sheets it generates a preview and my margins have shifted it's only .003 of a cm but this is not good enough. I have to repeat this several times, waiting for preview to do its thing then I can finally this has always been a little ...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

Undocumented Workflow feature.....
Just wanted to share something I found out today. There is the ability today to use "slugs" in workflow today. This is not supported, but I just tested it and it works. For example, I setup a rule on Account to create a follow-up task. I set the subject of the task to the following: Contact &account.name; The resulting task that was created replaced the &account.name; with the name of the Account. There is obviously no built-in support for entering these slugs, so you need to make sure you use the correct table & column names. Remember, this is technically not a s...

lettered columns changed to numbers
Somehow the columns labeled with letters changed to numbers. How do I get them switched back? Tools, Options, General, uncheck "R1C1............" kdsteff wrote: > Somehow the columns labeled with letters changed to numbers. How do I get > them switched back? Per kdsteff: >Somehow the columns labeled with letters changed to numbers. How do I get >them switched back? Tools|Options|General|R1C1 Reference Style (un-check the box) -- PeteCresswell Tools > Options > General then Uncheck R1C1 reference style -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of S...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

default cell value
I'm trying to develop a timesheet form and am having trouble with a "comp time" section. It seems to be a simple problem but I can't find an answer. I've got a function =IF(K3>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF(K4>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF (K5>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,0))) but if k3, k4 or k5 doesn't have a "0" then I get #VALUE! I'd like to have "0" (zero) in each of these as a default value since this section won't always be used by everyone. How can I have "0" or "---" show by default and not have #VALUE! show if somebody deletes...

vlookup and match first value greater than
I need to lookup a product id and return the date of the first value greater than zero For instance a b c d e f g 1 Date 4/12 4/19 4/26 5/3 5/10 5/17 2 Product A 0 11 35 0 0 125 3 Product B 35 50 75 100 25 36 If I lookup Product A in the spreadsheet and want to get results from columns e through g I would want to see 5/17 as the result. I have this formula which works against a fixed row reference but have been unable to incorporate a lookup value into this to return the same result. INDEX($e$1...

Change View in Outlook 2003
My Inbox in Outlook 2003 has changed from "Today", "Yesterday", "Wednesday", "Last Week" to a single cascade under "Older". All my emails are under this banner, as I receive them. There is no breakdown whatsoever. Microsoft site said: 1. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click Define Views. 2. In the Views for folder folder name box, click the view (view: Views give you different ways to look at the same information in a folder by putting it in different arrangements and formats. There are standard v...

How do I drag a point to change the shape of a curve? (excel 2007)
In Excel 2003 I could plot points as markers, and then plot a second series as a smoothed line (no markers), and then drag the points in the second series to make a curve go where i wanted it to. How do I drag points in the second series in Excel2007? Hi, The ability to drag points was removed in xl2007. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "dnjan" <dnjan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BBAC16C-7546-4776-8815-264FD9FF866C@microsoft.com... > In Excel 2003 I could plot points as markers, and then plot a second &...

Reset value to False in Checkbox when closing form
I have a split form with a Checkbox called "Select" it's default value is False (0) when I close the form I want the field value (if changed) to be reset to False (0). In my form I have an event procedure under On Close: Private Sub Form_Close() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls If ctl.ControlType = acCheckBox Then ctl.Value = False End If Next End Sub When I close the form I get an error message: Run-time error 2448 "You can't assign a value to this object." Any ideas where I've gone wrong? -- n...

How to set XY values using MSChart control
Hi, I'm using the MSChart control to set plot a set of XY values. I have set the type to XY_Scatter, but am unable to figure out how to set values. Could someone please explain or point me to some link to do this. TIA, SD ...

Counting a Range of Values
Who likes a challange? I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets. A number of th worksheets are identical and are used by multiple users to input thei own data. I need to extract a set number of rows from 2 of the column on each of these given sheets. To make matters more interesting, I onl want to extract the row if there is information in it. If the field i blank, leave it! I want these to be extracted into another worksheet i the same workbook. After I perform a calculation on each of these rows that were exported I will get a new column which will contain a time. (ie: 8:45) I ...