Picklist value doesn't change when changed in a workflow

Hi There

I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the
picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status
reason values. When I try to change the value in a workflow the
workflow step succeeds but the value doesn't change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
andymay (2)
8/21/2011 3:27:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Aug 21, 3:27=A0pm, MayBoy <andy...@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I have a custom picklist attribute which is on a custom entity, the
> picklist has been created to replace the standard status and status
> reason values. When I try to change the value in a workflow the
> workflow step succeeds but the value doesn't change.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This appears yo be a problem with the specific attribute in question
as I cannot recreate the problem on another entity, please disregard
this post
0
andymay (2)

Automatically setting the value of uomid with OnLoad event
I would like to automatically set the value of uomid on the OrderProducts form OnLOad event. I used this technique to auto populate the Pricelist field on the order form. It works great. Using the similar jscript code for uomid, nothing happens: //set uomid with Form Onload event var oField = crmForm.all.uomid; if(!oField.DataValue) { var aoItems = new Array(); aoItems[0] = new LookupControlItem ("{F2B4D4E2-032E-DB11-B4C2-001372F61C5C}”,1055, "Each"); oField.DataValue = aoItems; } It looks like the signature of LookupControlItem for uomid is different. Can anyone help? ...

Insert Last Date Value in a Column into a cell
I've created a billing register for a client with the "Date of Transaction" in column A (A8:A508). At the top of the sheet, I have a cell with an "As of" date value. What I need this cell to do is read column A and find the last date entered. I've tried an array function, but it only seems to work with number values, not date values. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! ~db =INDEX(A8:A508,COUNT(A8:A508)) HTH -- AP "db" <dboutote@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1146684097.135620.59730@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Character limit in workflow email
Hello, Can you tell me what the character limit is for the subject line in workflow emails? I'm using version CRM 3.0 Every so often I'll get paused rules with the following error code: Error Code = 8004022c.Data Out of Range. The maximum character limit has been exceeded for at least one field. Thank you Jason Lauscher IT Group Columbia Fuels Inc On Feb 2, 1:43=A0pm, Jason <Ja...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > Can you tell me what the =A0character limit is for the subject line in > workflow emails? I'm using version CRM 3.0 > Every so of...

add values using vlookup over multi sheets
I have a workbook which contains about 20 worksheets. In sheet1 I have a list of numbers which could be also on the other 19 sheets. What I need to do is look at each of the other 19 sheets to see if they have the number which is on sheet1 and if so I need to get the numerical data in the 5th column to be returned and added together. ie sheet1 a1 = 2001 sheet4 a5 = 2001 e5 = 2 sheet6 a21 = 2001 e21 = 5 therefore sheet1 b1 = e5 + e21 = 7 Hopefully someone could help me. Thanks Noemi Try... =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("2:20"))&&q...

Excel Changes last-Modified Date
Is there a way to stop Excel from changing the last-modified date of every file that is opened (even when no changes are made and save is never pressed)? This is really screwing us up in the office because we are looking through a ton of old files for one that was last-modified on a certain date. When we open a suspect file it CHANGES THE DATE!!!! Make it stop. Thanks. It is only temporary, if you don't save it it reverst back when you close it. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jerry Baker" <jerry@nodomain.invalid> w...

Change Filter Rules of Default Global Address List
Is there any way to change the Filter Rules of the Default Global Address List in Exchange 2003. The Modify button is greyed out. I want to hide External Contacts from the GAL (by only displaying Exchange mailboxes or mail enabled users), but still have those contacts appear under All Contacts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Greg Greg: You could do this by editing the Default Global Address List object in ADSEdit. I think (if memory serves me correctly), the attribute that holds the query is the purportedSearch attribute. However, messing with attributes of default ...

Changing a Number in a Column Using Arrays?
I am trying to change a number in the left column to the number in the adjacent column. My setup looks like this. Number to Change Change to this Number 182001 182000 182002 182000 193002 193000 Code New Code (from the Change to this Number column) 181000 181000 182000 182000 182001 182000 182002 18...

WorkFlow can't be triggered automatically (CRM 3.0)
OS�GWindows 2003 std server with SP1 CRM 3.0 I have created a simple workflow rule and can't be triggered automatically when a case is created . the rule is just update case.serial number=xxxxx only. It works fine when i trigger the rule manualy, but it never trigger automatically. In the Event Viewer I found the following error event id 16650 source �GMSCRMWorkflowService Action {980D035A-D67D-DA11-897A-0003FF65F106} failed in step {970D035A-D67D-DA11-897A-0003FF65F106} of process instance {8A0A6AF1-D67D-DA11-897A-0003FF65F106}. Please view the paused rule in the Microsoft.Cr...

Changing page size and retaining header and footer
I changed my page size to 7 X 10. Now Word 2003 will not let me change it back to 8.5 X 11 (standard page size) and the header and footer will not show unless I go to View and click on them. I have tried File--page set-up, etc. with no luck. It says that it is set at 8.5 X 11, but that is NOT what shows on the screen. HELP!! See http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...

Why the resource units are being changed after reporting the work
Hi all We are working with project server 2007 SP2 I have a resource that has 3 tasks His project manager plan for him 3 tasks for 2 month On the first tasks he was planned with 35% units On the second task he was planned with 25% units On the third task he was planned with 40% units The resource updates his progress via the PWA reporting his actual work. His status manager approves the updates via the PWA. When opening the project plan via the project professional the units you can see that the units next to the resource name have been changed. We are working with fixed units. ...

WorkFlow Duplicate activity
Dear All, Have you every seen the duplicate activity when workflow tricker? So simply in my workflow. I have only one work flow for check after another user assigned. Work flow will wait for some Picklist and if picklist have changed will come to my condition activity. (Create Phone Call in case activity) , I found duplicate activities in that case. Helpppppp Me :> Please Sincerely, Waiyaritv@blueintelligence.com ...

Change font in Navigaton Pane/Outlook 2003?
How do you change the font in the Navigation Pane in Outlook 2003? ...

How do I change the default pen (inking) color from red to blue?
I grade students papers on a tablet laptop, my university prefers we NOT use red, which requires an extra step: Current work flow, I open a word paper and click [Start Inking] but I have an additional step to go into the pen tools and change it from red to blue. MY QUESTION: Do you know a way that I can change the inking default color? If Word software developers are reading... P L E A S E make it a right click option to set a different default Inking color, would be a time saver for me. Mahalo -- TechSanco ...

Prevent size of web controls from changing after accessing databas
Hello Community In an ASP.NET using C# and SQL Server on my web pages there are different controls like labels, textboxes and dropdown boxes . The problem is that when information is entered into the controls and the data is sent to the database or retrieved from the database the size of the controls change. Sometimes the controls get smaller and sometimes the controls get bigger. Also the font sizes within the controls changes their size also. I tried setting the height of the controls in the controls properties in the aspx page but the size of the contr...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

Sum of counted values in a query
Hello, My question,.... I have a query which count the number of records in a table (as a result of the menuoption view-> totals ->count) as a result of the group by function for unique records. The result is: column1 column2 A 10 B 15 C 8 Now I want to insert a column3 which gives the sum of that counted values. I'd tried something like: expr1:Sum(Count[column2]) The result should be for each record in column3: 33 (result of the sum 10+15+8) It doesn't work. Somebody knows a solution ? Thanks regards, Johan You can always writ...

Vendors can change PDF'd POs?
We've been emailing our POs to our vendors using the PDF creation ability in GP. Someone just mentioned to me today that anyone who has Adobe can modify the PDF file. We tried it out, and it's true. I was always under the assumption that you couldn't change PDF files - I guess I was mistaken. Doesn't this open us up to potential problems if a vendor decided to alter a PO? What if our PO orders 10, but the vendor changes it to 1,000? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, Technically, anyone with the right tools could modify ...

need help calculating intermediary values
I'm not well enough versed in spreadsheet use to calculate some intermediate values I need. I would be greatful for anyone who can offer a formula or suggestion. I have 1 guidline column, numbered 1-30. Then 2 other columns, A & B are beside it. The values in A & B change as they go from 1-30, they change at different rates. I have some intermediary values at given points but need to calculate what the values in between would be, based on the fixed values at 1, 4, 8, 15 and 30. Below, I have shown the layout as best I can without including an attachment. Thanks. chris@cjalexander...

Change Live account associated with Outlook calendar published onl
I needed to publish a co-worker's calendar online so an external vendor could view it (we're using Outlook 2007). She wasn't around, so I just used my Live account when prompted (stupid, I know). Now she gets prompted several times a day to log in to my Live account. I unpublished the calendar and re-published, but it doesn't prompt for a Live account again; does anyone know how I can change the Live account associated with this published calendar? Thanks, Jim Delete it from Tools, Accounts, published calendars. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlo...

get 2nd occurence value
Match function fetches row number of 1st occurence of a value in a range,How to get 2nd or 3rd or later occurences of that value in a range? Assuming that A1:A100 contains your data, and that B1 contains your lookup value, try the following for the second occurrence... =SMALL(IF(A1:A100=B1,ROW(A1:A100)-ROW(A1)+1),2) ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER. For the third occurrence, change the 2 at the end of the formula to 3. Hope this helps! In article <6FC05ACF-01DA-43C1-B3AF-252211D1BF47@microsoft.com>, TUNGANA KURMA RAJU <TUNGANAKURMARAJU@discussions.micro...

How do you change the sheet size?
I'm printing a candy wrapper 5" x 4.75". When I go to print preview there is a sheet of paper 8 1/2 x 11 under the wrapper. It puts the wrapper in the middle of the paper sooo when I print I only get a quarter of the paper. My printer handles paper size 3" x 3". Can anyone help. Thanks You need to make sure that both your Publisher page size and your printer are set for the proper size paper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "phalensun" <phalensun@discussions.microsoft....

OWA 2003 and changing password
I have a problem on enabling changing password on OWA 200 My server is a 2 nodes cluster Windows 2003 Adv and Exchange 2003 in active/passive mode (only one virtual server My OWA is working great, i have enabled the registry key to show the "change password" butto my virtual server ISSADMPWD with SSL and certificate is installe when a user click on the change password button in OWA a new popup window in HTTPS appears, he accept the certificate and next he has a 404 error (pasge not found) on an .asp page i have verified the .asp page is present and good Does anyone have an idea Th...

Making Changes Using Calendar Wizard
I have used one of the Calendar Templates and made changes to the initial page. I then tried to do the "Change Date Range" to add more "months". The only change that stayed was the new Logo I inserted using the Logo Options. Colors and other editing was lost. Is there any way to get the subsequent months to "take" the changes I made on the initial single January page? Thanks! Create all the months from the get go, open the color schemes taskbar, either use one color scheme already defined or create your own. You will have to manually add holidays and speci...

How can I change positive numbers to negative, i.e. change 50 to -
I have a very long list of positive numbers that I have converted from a wordpad report. Actually it is our list of receivables. They have been converted from text, and therefore the ones that should be credits, or negative numbers (in context of receivables) appear as just plain positive numbers, such as 150.00. I don't know of a simpler way to turn these numbers to negative (i.e. -150.00) without F2'ing each one and putting a minus (-) sign in front of each one. It would save me so much time just to be able to change these numbers from positive to negative! If you could ...

Changing to new dates
Hi everyone I am trying to change last year of date to new year i.e from 2003 to 2004.I have done them day by day and if i start changing date i have to do for 365 days .Can any one tell me how can i change those years e.g 01/01/0 02/01/03 this goes up to 31/12/0 and i want it to be changed to 2004 year plz help me im going crazy!!! Just put the first date in the first cell assume it is A1, in A2 put =A1+1 then just copy down the formula -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B773478-C8A1-4F88-AE9D-CD3DD5B8878...