Picklist Updating

Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist
information (added a few values, deleted others) on the
Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the
Contact information the picklist data still has the
original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it
shows the correct information that I modified.

What steps am I missing?
0
Michael
1/19/2004 11:03:53 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Michael, you need to publish you customizations from the Deployment
Manager.

When you make changes to the forms, the changes are stored in XML in the
database.  When you publish from deployment manager, the xml form data is
then updated on the web server, and marked as in production in the DB.

Mike

"Michael Rogers" <mrogers@qualtier.com> wrote in message
> Newbie question for y'all. I have updated the picklist
> information (added a few values, deleted others) on the
> Contact Form and saved it. But, when I go to use the
> Contact information the picklist data still has the
> original picklist. I go back to the Form editor and it
> shows the correct information that I modified.
>
> What steps am I missing?

0
GreaterThanTwo
1/19/2004 11:09:53 PM
Mike,

Thanks for the quick response. I went to the deployment
manager, selected all and published them. I then reopened
my browser and the picklists hadn't changed. Do I need to
stop and start the IIS? Could it be cached somewhere?

~ Mike

0
Michael
1/20/2004 12:22:04 AM
Try IIS Reset on your Microsoft CRM Server, it should do
the trick.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.

http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm

0
Frank

Updating table with query results
I have one large table Tab1 on which I'm doing some very time- consuming calculations (by query). I can only add new data to this table, older date can't be changed. But on daily basis new data is appended to this table, and should also be recalculated. I think that it will work faster, if I do my calculations just one time and assign them to my table (as additional column). Example Tab1 ID::field1 1::a 2::b 3::a 4::a Result: Tab1_ver2 ID::field1::newcolumn 1::a::1 2::b::1 3::a::2 4::a::3 My calculation is to create from field f1 second key by adding counter to it. Pieter Wijnen hel...

Update IDR_Menus
Hi, my problem is that on some PCs my program does not run properly, means the menus shows wrong items. Running the program from VS.NET, everything runs perfect; but just starting the program is not working correctly. Is running with VS.NET 7.1 and .NET FRAMEWORK 1.1. I change the prperties of my menu item by using ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI. The Update is done with the Message WM_KICKIDLE called with ON_COMMAND. Any ideas to this strang behavior?? Might be on some computers the Message is not called?? Or how should I do the update? Thanks a lot in advance Pierre So you have a problem in a...

Update Install #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel In trying to install the Office 12.1.2 Update I get the message "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.2 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." Even though I have a registered functioning version of Office 2008. Hi, did you by any chance remove any Office components? See here for more details: <http://www.schwieb.com/blog/2008/08/14/leave-those-bits-alone/> If the above link does not work: <http://tinyurl.com/6nl93o> If thi...

money not updating
I too have money 2005 which hasn't updated since 30 Dec. Is there any news on this? Tony Hi just tried a suggestion from an earlier post to reduce the number of quotations requested but it did not help. The prices are from Dec 30, 2005. This problem seems to be across the board for all versions prior to 2006. How do we get the folks at MS to fix this? Is anyone paying attention here? Many people are paying attention here. Few, if any, of us can do anything to help with this and those who can have tried already. If you want to get attention from Microsoft you have to open a case dire...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

Error at Entity Update

Updating Links between workbooks
My office is going to be moving workbooks to different files. Am I going to have to manually create a new link between the workbooks or is there a way that excel can automatically update the link. Go to the Edit menu and choose Links. It allows you to change link sources. "Camilla" <Camilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001A0DAE-4D19-4855-9D59-76F82D7F6310@microsoft.com... > My office is going to be moving workbooks to different files. > Am I going to > have to manually create a new link between the workbooks or is > there a way > th...

Update (11/02/09): Microsoft has announced plans to...
At http://www.microsoft.com/money/default.mspx it reads: "Update (11/02/09): Microsoft has announced plans to release versions of Money Plus Deluxe and Money Plus Home & Business that will not require online activation. This version will allow you to keep your Money files and transactional history but will not allow access to online services or premium services. Availability is expected prior to the end of online activation on Jan. 31, 2011. Check back here for additional information or look for future announcements in Money Plus." This statement seems to have been ...

MSN Stock Quote Update
I need to write a macro that will, upon opening a specific Excel file, automatically update the current stock quotes using the MSN Money Stock Quote add-in, then e-mail the file to my e-mail address (let's say zzz@zzz.com), and then close the file and exit Excel. Since I'm not much good at macro programming, and the recorder isn't much help here, I could use some help. Thanks in advance. Gregg While I don't know anything about the add-in you reference, why is the macro recorder not of any help? Maybe, if you use the recorder to do all that you can, someone will he...

Chart not updated immediately?
I'm trying to do a sensitivity analysis on a chart. I has this scroll bar the plan is to see the chart moves as I scroll along. However I noticed that as I drag along the scroll bar, the tables get updated immediately with new values but the chart/graph doesn't change until I release the mouse. What should I do to get the chart updated real time, while I'm dragging the scroll bar? Thanks. ...

Install this critical update from the M$ Corp.
--locfgpwcirpe Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="egwprmslgsvf"; type="multipart/alternative" --egwprmslgsvf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nohzefoge" --nohzefoge Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect yo...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

do not update the programm window for a while
Hello, I have an mfc application with an a field of buttons. These button are organized in the programm in logical pages: 1-first-page but1 but2 but3 .. 2-first-page but1 but2 but3 .. At runtime the user switch from one page to another. The pages are build with the same buttons, I only change the text and the command, when the button is press, sometimes the background bitmap. Problem: When I change one button after another - then the programm is a little bit slowly. Much more better is, I hide the parent of the button before the changes and then show it again. But - the parent of...

What is wrong with updating securities?
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE UPDATE SECURITIES FUNCTION? Almost every day it hangs at least once - you click on update, and it says updating securities, and it just sits there forever. I've let it sit 1/2 hour or more and it still didn't come back. End up having to kill it via Task Manager and then start over again. And then usually it will download without a problem!! This occured occasionally in Money 2003, but in 2004 it is 10x worse! I don't know if having to kill money via task manager will screw up my money data file in the long run, but it is getting really aggrevating. Makes...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

home page
I download my accout info from my bank at least once a week. I'm wondering why I can't get the "Updated" date on the home page to update correctly. Both my checking and savings are from the same institution. The date for my savings account will update to close to the current day when I download the info. The date on my checking, however, will never update. I have checked to see that the account information is correct and it is. I've got everything filled in just as I do with my savings. Why the difference? What is Money actuallying using to update this date...

12.1.1 update fix
I found this fix on a discussion board. I tried it and it worked. If the fix is so simple, I don't understand why the morons at Microsoft don't fix it an reissue the update. Download the 12.1.1 update directly from Microsoft's Mactopia website. 2) Mount the downloaded DMG file and copy the installer to your desktop. 3) Right-click the installer and select "show package contents" 4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1 Update/Contents/Resources/ package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit 5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False" 6) C...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

Other Users updating my workbook
I am creating an Excel file that other users on different netwoks will download from a web page, if they update a case I then need a way for that update to be sent back to the master file and saved. Any ideas? Ade, It seems to me that you need help. This is not trivial if it involves downloads, presumably uploads, and web based updates. You may need to pay someone to do it if you need it that much. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ade" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

Recipient update service
My recipient update service doesn't stamp the newly created e-mail addresses I get errors in the event log The file version of '\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' installed on the local server is not current. Unable to locate a correct version on any server in the site. Unable to generate the e-mail address. Unable to load address module 'D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\address\SMTP\i386\inproxy.dll' for address type 'SMTP'. Error 0xc0070005. Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=CONIXARCHITECTEN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Se...

Windows 7 updates
Palm Inc appear not to have updated their PDA software for Windows 7 and cannot guarantee when a "patch" will be available. I therefore cannot synchronise my PDA with Outlook at the current time. Are there are fixes for this? Not that we would know about. It's not an Outlook issue. -- Russ Valentine "Bernadette" <Bernadette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8B867E6-248A-4F1A-BB36-991DFE249AAD@microsoft.com... > Palm Inc appear not to have updated their PDA software for Windows 7 and > cannot guarantee when a "patch" ...

Is Version Updated after sp-1 is updated on Money 2007
After you get the automatic software downloaded is it necessary to click onto the sp-1 to install? -- Deb No it is automatic. If I recall, after the SP1 is downloaded, you are prompted to close Money and restart it. After you restart Help > About should give you a version number ending in .1024. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Rebelleheart" <Rebelleheart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Updating Contacts #2
I designed a custom contact form. I need to update the 75 contacts that are pre existing using the old form. How do I do this. I am using 2003 ...

notify a public folder poster when item is updated
Have public folder with custom form to log customer complaints. Anyone can post an item, but the status field is restricted and can only be changed by specific users. e.g. Approved for action, Fix is live, Denied. I'm trying to find a way to use the Folder Assistant to reply to the original poster, when their item has been updated. flow would be: user posts complaint super users notified (can do this already with simple forward) Super user opens item, reseaches and changes status super user saves item with updated status user receives email - your complain has been updated. I seem to ...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...