picklist management

There should be an easy way to load a large number of values to a picklist.
Ideally, it would be "table based" so that additional values can be added
with which to manage the entries. For instance, one might want to specify
that a certain value should not be displayed at the current time, or that
there is a custom sort order for the values, or etc.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7147b00c-693c-4ef2-b1b6-b8de2f58df8d&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Erik,

I discovered a way to do this.  If you would like me to send you detailed
instructions, please email jnetmcp@gmail.com
--
jNet
"Nothing but the best"

"Erik" wrote:

> There should be an easy way to load a large number of values to a picklist.
> Ideally, it would be "table based" so that additional values can be added
> with which to manage the entries. For instance, one might want to specify
> that a certain value should not be displayed at the current time, or that
> there is a custom sort order for the values, or etc.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7147b00c-693c-4ef2-b1b6-b8de2f58df8d&dg=microsoft.public.crm
What about posting it to the newsgroup instead?

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"jNet" <jNet@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Erik,
>
> I discovered a way to do this.  If you would like me to send you detailed
> instructions, please email jnetmcp@gmail.com
> --
> jNet
> "Nothing but the best"
>

> "Erik" wrote:
>
>> There should be an easy way to load a large number of values to a
>> picklist.
>> Ideally, it would be "table based" so that additional values can be added
>> with which to manage the entries. For instance, one might want to specify
>> that a certain value should not be displayed at the current time, or that
>> there is a custom sort order for the values, or etc.
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7147b00c-693c-4ef2-b1b6-b8de2f58df8d&dg=microsoft.public.crm

0
Michael
4/17/2007 4:26:22 PM
Please, post your solution to the newsgroup! I would like to populate a
picklist on a custom entity form from db. My first choice would be to use a
lookup, but it's not possible on a custom entity so I need to dynamically
populate a picklist from db.

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> What about posting it to the newsgroup instead?
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

> "jNet" <jNet@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Erik,
> >
> > I discovered a way to do this.  If you would like me to send you detailed
> > instructions, please email jnetmcp@gmail.com
> > --
> > jNet
> > "Nothing but the best"
> >

> > "Erik" wrote:
> >
> >> There should be an easy way to load a large number of values to a
> >> picklist.
> >> Ideally, it would be "table based" so that additional values can be added
> >> with which to manage the entries. For instance, one might want to specify
> >> that a certain value should not be displayed at the current time, or that
> >> there is a custom sort order for the values, or etc.
> >>
> >> ----------------
> >> This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> >> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> >> "I
> >> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> >> this
> >> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> >> then
> >> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >>
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7147b00c-693c-4ef2-b1b6-b8de2f58df8d&dg=microsoft.public.crm

Multi Line SOP Transaction using Integration Manager
I am using Integration Manager 7.0 to try and load a Sales Quote that has several hundred line items. I am using 2 text files as the source. The first is the header file which hasthe SOP Doc Number and other fields. The second is the detail file, and has the SOP Doc Number, item qty, date site etc. I am joining them by SOP Doc Number in the query relationships window, and checking Option 3 in the relationship type window. The destination is Sales Transactions and I am using the Dynamics/eEnterprise 7.0 adapter. (Not the SQL optimized) When I run the integration, only the first recor...

Help with Outlook Add in Manager
I just changed move to a new computer and used Windows Easy Transfer to migrate settings from my old compute to my new computer. Some old junk Outlook 2003 add-ins were migrated to outlook 2007. In 2003 the Add-in manager used to be in the tools-options-other dialog, I can't find it in 2007. Can someone help? Thanks. Tools | Trust Center | Add-ins. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developer...

Subject Manager #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C35FEE.6BB97FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have a fully working CRM, and everything seems to work, but I cannt = view the Subject Manager unless I goto the CRM server and run locally = (http://localhost). Now I know this Tech Note exists: = http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp?id=3D31091&tar= get=3DCS But, I recently built a second CRM test server (with the sample database = loaded) to play around with, and for al...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

Encumbrance Management #4
Hi, When the purchase order is entered for the inventory items, the system checks the commitment against the budget for the inventory account. 1. Normally the budget is prepared for the P&L account and not for a balance sheet account. 2. If we have a budget for Inventory account, if the item is issued, it decreases the value of the inventory account. So, the value of the inventory account keeps fluctuating. How can one keep track the budget Vs commitment in this case? Can any one please clarify? Thanks. Regards, Perumal In this case, the "budget" does not limit t...

Where is Report Manager in v3?
Where is Report Manager in v3? Hi Valdas, CRM 3.0 doens't use the Crystal Reports like CRM 1.2. CRM 3.0 uses MS SQL Reporting Services. This means that the Reporting Manager as you know it in CRM 1.2 isn't usefull in the newest version anymore. Instead, you can now add and remove reports from within the application. Go to workplace and select Reports. There you can modify your reports. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Valdas Zagorskas" wrote: > Where is Report Manager in v3? go to your web server like this http://crmwebserver/reports thi...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

Bank Management.
Hi I have information about this extension for GP and this document has a note: Bank Management should be installed with U.K. installs only. It doesn´t works for Latinamerican released, for example? Thanks, -- Evelin. ...

multiple OAB Versions in System Manager?
I have the following OAB folders in my System Manager, and I'm wondering if any of them can be deleted. OAB Version 2 OAB Version 2 OAB Version 3a Offline Address Book - /o=Chelan County Courthouse Email/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List... Offline Address Book - CCSECURITY Exchange 2003 Penny Hello Penny, Don't delete any of them. They are used by different clients. for instance the OAB Version 2 is for older mapi clients and the OAB version 3 is a unicode format used by newer clients. Even if you deleted them they would most likely be re-created during ...

Suitability of CRM for events management
We need to replace an old CRM package and I am looking for advice on whether Dynamics CRM is appropriate out-of-the-box or with minimal configuration. We are an industry membership organisation, and we use a CRM to help us: - track our actual, potential and past member companies and their changing subsidiaries, affiliates, mergers, etc; plus changing membership status, billing addresses, formal representatives, etc - track an open-ended number of contacts in each of these companies, including allowing people to change company without losing the history of the person or of the link betw...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

Business manager
What is business manager component doing for Outlook? Thanks, Ray Which version of Outlook? There are various addins that use the words business and manager. The newest is the Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

Workflow Manager cannot start.
Message says that this could be because workflow service has not been started or is not configured correctly. I have re-installed serve3r 2003 and sql server and CRM 3.0 but nothing seems to work. As a point of interest, our primary domain name controller is Windows 2000 so domain name services are running in mixed mode. Everything else seems to work ok. The workflow monitor screen comes up fine.\ I tried copying the workflow screens to another pc that had the outlook client on it and got the same error message from the manager. -- Videoranger ...

Publisher 2002 and PDF (color management)
I have a newsletter designed in Publisher 2002 in RGB (a Publisher newsletter template). In order for printing, I had to convert the document to CMYK and then to a .pdf. After .pdf coversion, the document was once again RGB. I know my .pdf settings are correct and believe this might be a publisher problem. Then again, I could be wrong... Would appreciate any insight. THANKS To produce a CMYK PDF you will need QABOT (Quite a Box of Tricks) or Enfocus Pitstop. Most printers have either of those software tools. -- Print your publisher file to the Acrobat Distiller. Then open the resulting ...

Javascript on non-picklist fields
Is there a way to do javascript actions on non-picklist fields? I need a script action that triggers either onBlur or onChange on a varchar field, and I can't seem to find any supported way of making that happen. MY other alternative is to directly modify the SQL database on a post callout, which is even less supported. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dylan Vanderhoof Sr. Software Developer Semaphore Corporation just edit the .aspx file in question, and place your javascript in there,.....should work, just not supported -Gary <llarian@cerberus.llarian.net> wrote in message news:107...

Fire Workflow rule when a picklist value is changed?
I need some advice, I have a "Contact" Workflow rule that works fine when RUN "Manually". However it is my understanding that, with the current Product (CRM 1.2) these rules can not be instigated on the changing of a value in a custom created Picklist Hence I would like to have this rule called from the OnChange event javascript associated with my custom Pick list. Has anybody any idea what the javascript syntax would be to call my Workflow Rule Thanks in advance :) I think you would be better serverd by trying to implement a post-Callout then. Depending on the complexi...

Access Replication Manager
Where can I download the Replication Manager for Access 2000/2003? -- Fredi Goettler Belcan =?Utf-8?B?RnJlZGk=?= <Fredi@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in news:24B976C1-F0FF-429E-889E-6A97F8D910E7@microsoft.com: > Where can I download the Replication Manager for Access 2000/2003? You cannot. It has not been available since the discontinuation of the Office 2000 developer tools (well, it might have been available with the A2002 developer tools, but those were replaced with VS for 2003, and ReplMan was not part of that, nor available anywhere). It's a pile of crap, an...

Picklist Required Date
We've just finished migrating to GP9 from GP7.5, and we've found an issue that we can't seem to fix. In 7.5, when working with an MO, we would create a picklist for the MO, and the required date for each item in the picklist was set to the MO start date minus ten days. In GP9, we aren't able to get this behaviour. The picklist required date is set to the start date for the MO. Does anyone have any insight? We currently have several of our users looking through their notes from two years ago looking for an answer, but so far nothing has been found. I'm pretty ...

Picklist View
Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist? We have a picklist in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of them to appear. We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually decide to use them. You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event: //Remove the option with value 2 crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2); Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Cu...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Assign Picklist value to another Picklist
I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value selected of territorycode picklist into listado picklist Could be something like this in the Onchange Event... crmForm.territorycode.value=crmForm.CFPListado.value; but didn`t work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina Try using the returnValue property, e.g.: crmForm.territorycode.returnValue=crmForm.CFPListado.returnValue; "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value > selected of territorycode ...

No user manager
Hi, In my workflows there is a rule when something happens an email is sent to the owners manager. but some users are the BU managers and don't have any managers above them so the workflow always pauses at that point , is there a way to say this owner doesn't have a manager from the users properties ? ...

how to clear a PickList
hello, It will maybe seem easy for you. But i've been trying to do a simple thing. Delete the contents of a picklist. I populate this picklist at runtime. On the onchange event of another field I would like to clear the picklist. I've tried to set the picklist.Options to null. but i get an error. I also tried to assign the picklist an array but no results there. Anyone has the correct usage of this .Options method? how should be the array be configured, how many dimensions? Please hellp me i'm using CRM 3.0 thanks Eduardo Hi, Please take a look at the Microsoft C...