Picklist CRM 4.0

I cannot add a new picklist entry for the industry code on account in CRM 4.0
without causing account 'add' or maintain to abort.
0
Sudie (1)
2/14/2008 11:33:03 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Dynamics 5.0 on Btrieve
What the best practice to upgrade from Dynamics 5.0 on Btrieve to MS Great Plains 7.5 or 8.0 for one of my clinet. Here's the Btrieve path from article 871730. Dynamics 5.0 to Great Plains Standard 8.0 5.0 - 6.0 - 7.5 - 8.0 5.0 - 5.5 - 6.0 - 7.0 - 7.5 - 8.0 I don't know why you would take the second path but it's an option. I would upgrade to 7.5, at least, on Btrieve/Pervasive and then migrate to SQL Server from there so you can get support if you need it. "Marhoon" wrote: > > What the best practice to upgrade from Dynamics 5.0 on Btrieve to MS Grea...

Activity completion in CRM 3.0
Is there an easier way to complete an activity in v3.0 for any type set, besides going back into the original activity and choosing save and complete? I have not found any other way to do this? Am I missing something? Also, is there any other easy way to generate another activity or change the status of say a phone call to an email without deleting and recreating a new activity? thanks ...

Item Variants in Gp 9.0
how can I handle item variants in GP 9.0? Examples: Widget 1 has a part number of "A100". It comes in three colors (Red Blue Green). Widget 2 has part number "B2000". It comes in two finishes (brushed and mirror) In another MBS Dynamics product I only enter item "A100" and item "B2000". I can then add variant codes for the colors on item A100 and other variant codes for the finishes on item B2000. This is handled from a single item card. WHen items are sold or purchased, the variant code is entered in a separate field from the item number. But...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

CRM integration #2
Hi, CRM is quite new (well very new!!) to me - and I am playing with Data Integration. I have the following to ask: I have a SQL Server Table with Customer Account Details. A master application feeds this table with information form a mainframe system. This SQL Table contains the master source of the data. The problem is that I need to do integration between this SQL Account table and CRM. Thus, I have to consider 3 operations that might be exercised on the Records namely: CRMAccount.Create() CRMAccount.Update() CRMAccount.MarkAsDeleted() If Data is inserted into the SQL Table, a ...

CRM and Great Plains integration 05-18-04
Hello Our company is a registered user of Great Plains 7.5 on MSSQL, and we are also Microsoft Action Pack subscribers, which gives us an evaluation copy of CRM and 5 CALS. I understand that there is a CD available which integrates the two packages together, but I cannot find a source for it and my Great Plains reseller does not sell CRM so they cannot help me. Can anyone tell me how I might obtain a copy of this Great Plains/CRM integration software? .. We are located in Montreal, Canada, if anyone wants to refer this enquiry to a local CRM reseller... Hi Don, We are a MSCRM partner...

P R O D U C T R E C A L L
I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw this product from the market and fix it before it looks any more stupid in the media. Money 2005 errors are beginning to make more news headlines. Keep up the pressure guys, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Email Bill Gates direct to get a better response. I aggree <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30fa01c4a9a5$d2757eb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I think Microsoft should bite the bullet and withdraw > this product from the market and fix it before it looks > any more stupid in the me...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

CRM Knowledge Base Articles
Can you move the CRM knowledge base articles from one CRM database to another? The old CRM database can only be accessed by SQL Management Studio. ...

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

Lost Address Book #4
When I try to use address book, only a big RED X in box appears. Why? ...

CRM Outlook Client Synchronisation
Hi, I have an outlook clients installed for a number of users, and they are currently set up to synchronise with marketing lists that they own (For (Marketing lists) equals current user). They seem to work fine, but when there are larger numbers of contacts to be synchronised, no synchronisation takes place. E.g. I add a ML that has 10 users, perform a CRM Synchronisation from Outlook, and I can see the 10 users being populated in my Contacts folder. However, when I created a ML with 400 contacts, and do the same, no contact record at all are added into my contacts folder. I tried thi...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

CRM E-Learning Course 8525
Does anybody know where the support files for the MS CRM 8525 course can be downloaded? I have the manuals but they constantly refer to sample files that were not part of the e-learning download. Cheers Steve ...

Cannot open outlook #4
Trying to repair a colleagues Outlook. USer was working on Outlook with no problems, apparently, and all of a sudden locked up. Could not click on anything it just hung. CTRL ALT DEL to close it down but still hung on start up. Reboot etc no help. I ran the SCNPST.EXE repair tool which found no errors. Copied the PST file to my PC and it hung on my outlook too. Any ideas please what we can do to allow us back in? Start Outlook in safe mode or at least without the Preview Pane and see if that works. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News...

Outlook for Personal Calender / Contacts, but CRM for Corp
Ok, I must be a big dummy. I've installed CRM 1.2, and have been playing around with it. I'd like it to be the central repository for my small business leads/contacts/etc. I've currently got Outlook for my personal stuff. How would the two interact? Meaning, will I need to duplicate appointments that are setup for me in CRM, into Outlook? How do I keep my personal appts from showing up in the business calendar? Of course, I'd like to see everything that I'm supposed to be doing whether it's personal or business. I guess this also goes for contacts? Some a...

Hosted CRM 3.0 Setup on All-In-One Server
Hey Guys, I get the following error when attempting to install CRM 3.0 on an All-In-One server. This is in the "Hosted CRM deployment guide" on page 28 "Run CRM Stage 1 Setup". I removed the preinstall switch since this seemed to cause another error -2 and it goes further but still bombs out with the error below. This is only the bottom art of the log file. I could send the whole file if needed via mail. Could someone please let me know where the wheels are falling off. 10:21:55|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServerSetup.Terminate 10:21:55| I...

Formula for counting specific cells with value greater than 0
I am looking for a formula that will allow me to count specific cells (not a range) that would hold a value greater than 1. If the cell had a value of less than one, it would not be included in the count. A5 = 1.1 A10 = 1.4 A15 = .75 A20 = 2.3 total count would be 3 Look at your earlier post and for possible answer there -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "mmock" <mmock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5CDFB7F-D31A-409B-A3DA-D49155EC3CDF@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a formula that will allow me to count specific cells (not >a > range) that would...

About CRM Installation
I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 on the same machine or problems may occur -- Best regards Jacques Hamalian senior CRM developer No problem, but CRM as a server which not good to install VS on it. "Jacques" wrote: > I would like to know if we can install Microsoft CRM 1.2 and Visual Studio 2003 > on the same machine or problems may occur > -- > Best regards > Jacques Hamalian > senior CRM developer ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

PropertySHeet #4
Im having trouble with Property sheets. When i do like ps1.Create(); where ps1 is my property sheet, nothing is displayed, but if i call DoModal it works.... i dont understand why. Also, I have a propertysheet that i am using for my main program, i have added a menu to it. When i go to the drop down option that i have created in my menu bar under edit, i want to be able to click "settings"(which is put there) and have it load up another property sheet, that i can store some settings in. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks so much!! > Wh...

How do you get rid of 0 when data not in formula row yet?
I have copied a formula down several rows for future data to be entered and calculated. In the formula column it shows "0". I would like for the "0" not to show. Does anyone know how to make the "0" go away without deleting the formula. Data will later be entered in the appropriate rows and need to be calculated at the appropriate time. try =IF(formula=0, [spacebar], formula) and by [spacebar], I mean just leave it empty "samerry" <samerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:368B1B53-E713-4850-9242-B0068E79761A@microsoft.com.....

CRM PROPOSAL -CHECKLIST
Can any body give me a general CHeck list for a CRM proposal.............Like Management summary, Complaince etc.............. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=269d900e-8442-4086-92a9-7fc851bc5985&displaylang=en There is a Microsoft CRM Customization and Implementation Guide and Project Management template which you could use for all the requirements for a proposed CRM solution. There is a etc. you could use to create a proposal template. I hope this helps. Ed Podowski "VP" wrote: > Can any body give me a general CHeck list for a CRM ...

rename CRM Database
We currently have three CRM environments, on three separate Database servers, all with the exact same database name. Is it possible to rename two of the crm databases such that all three databases may sit on the same server? Thanks, Dave. I don't think that you can easily do this since the DB anme & the installed org name are tied together. You could try the redeployment tool to see if that would work though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "DoubleD" <DoubleD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:601CDF31-3FD4-4928-8265-3DB1A6C0CC10@microsof...