Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B

Hi CRMers,

Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different
values in Picklist B. For example:
Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc.
When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear.
When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dixon
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi CRMers,

Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different
values in Picklist B. For example:
Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc.
When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear.
When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Dixon

0
Matt
6/23/2006 5:20:00 AM
Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Can you be more specific? Where in the SDK will I be
able to find the example?

Thanks.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi CRMers,
>
> Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different
> values in Picklist B. For example:
> Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc.
> When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear.
> When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Dixon

When you download it, there are seveal samples in the Samples directory.
One of them relates to dynamic picklists.

--

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi CRMers,
>
> Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different
> values in Picklist B. For example:
> Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc.
> When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear.
> When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Dixon

0
Matt
6/23/2006 5:54:07 AM
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk3_0/htm/v3d0clientsamplecodescenarios.asp

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thanks for the reply. Can you be more specific? Where in the SDK will I be
> able to find the example?
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi CRMers,
>>
>> Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different
>> values in Picklist B. For example:
>> Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc.
>> When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear.
>> When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dixon

0
John

Null Value
When I try to enter a date on a form I keep getting the following error message; "You tried to assign the Null value to a variable that is not a Variant data type (Error 3162). The help for this error recommends declaring the variable. The only problem is I do not have any modules created for the form. What can I do to stop this error message from happening? The form has a code module. Perhaps you mean you have not created any code in the form's code module? If you used a wizard to create, say, a command button there will probably be code in the form's module, so ...

Displaying Multiple Excel files, Not plotting zero values
Hello, I have two questions: 1) How ccan I display more than one Excel workbook in different window? When I open more than one Excel workbook, I want to display them side by side to make some comparisons. When I open one other closes. Is there a way to open many Excel windows? 2) I have a data set with lots of zero values. I use scatter plot. I want to only display non-zero values. How can I do it? Thank you. Athena 1) With both workbooks open, choose Window>Arrange Select an Arrange option, click OK 2) Create a chart from all the data. Apply an AutoFilter to the list (Cus...

Sending rows to another sheet based on value of column A
Hi everyone I have a worksheet that has 7 colmuns worth of data (it relates to team managers, of which there are approx 10 (name stored in column A) and other info regarding there team members. Each team manager is part of a service, e.g. Joe Bloggs is part of Revenues so I want all the rows that contain Joe Bloggs in column A to be transferred to the worksheet named Revenues. This needs to be done by code, by poss using a Command Button? Any ideas on this? As always, help is extremely appreciated!! Cheers Lindsey U�ytkownik "Lindsey M" <leddy769@hotmail.com> napisa� w w...

User selection determines field appended?
I have a form called Main that has three different dialog fields displayed, I'll call them Local Dialog, Regional Dialog, and National Dialog. The Main form has an Add Comment button and on click I'm popping up a new form called AddComment. This form has a drop down list pre-populated with Local, Regional, and National and is single select. It also has a text entry field to capture comments. After picking one of the three identifiers the user then enters their comment. My problem - after entering their comments they can hit an Add button that I created but I don't know how to ...

Picklist A to determine value of Picklist B
Hi CRMers, Dependant on the value in Picklist A, I would like to display different values in Picklist B. For example: Picklist A = Fruits, Color, etc. When user select Fruits, Picklist B should display: Apple, Pear. When user select Color, Picklist B should display: Red, Green. Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance. Cheers, Dixon If you look at the SDK samples, there is an example on how to do this. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dix" <Dix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B51D6CC-9E13-40FB-B8A6-23ED33A426B8@microsoft.com... Hi CRMers, Dependa...

How do I stop excel replacing numerical values with the date?
I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? Hi format the cells as 'General' or as 'Number' "Becca C" wrote: > I have switched off the auto correct function on Excel, but it still replaces > numbers with any given date!! How do I solve this problem? If plain numbers are being displayed as dates, change the format to General (Cells/Format/Number). XL's parser will, independently of autocorrect, always interpret a string like x/y or x-y as a date if it can. To...

Hyperlink Picklist
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have a list of names with each one of them having a hyperlink to an email address. These all work fine. What I would like to do is one of two things. 1st Option Have a drop down list that lets me choose one of the names from the list and have it retain its hyperlink properties. I tried using data validation but the names dont retain their hyperlink properties. 2nd Option Have a formula that is based on an entry to another cell that returns the name from the list but retains the hyperlink properties. Example (in cell G1) =IF(D1="SUPPLIER 1",HYPERLI...

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

Finding Value of a Cell in a Range
In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:B127 and a value of 0 is the value of A1 is not found in the range of cells B1:B127. All values are text. =IF(COUNTIF(B:B,1)>0,1,0) or use your b1:b127 instead -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wendy L" <puddytat_99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eyJFRYEYEHA.716@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > In cell C1 I want to place a formula that will return a value of 1 if the > value of cell A1 is contained in the range of cells B1:...

Conditional Value
Column A = Job Status Column B = Date Completed What I would like to have is if Column A = Done and Column B has no value, I need to have a warning or a pop up of some kind stating that Column B needs to have a date value when column A = Done. Thank you in advance. in a separate column? =IF(A2="Done",IF(B2="","Date required",""),"") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Michael S." <MichaelS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF4DD94D-F029-4F4A-A614-86F898E447E9@microsoft....

Dynamics Picklist Error: originalPicklistOptions
Hello All, I am using the dynamics picklist functionality and continue to get the error "Error: 'originalPicklistOptions' is null or not an object. This is placed on the onChange event of one of my fields. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. I have this working on a different set of fields but for some reason cannnot get this one to fire correctly. Below is my code. Any input/suggestions you have are greatly appreciate! ================================= var oBillingFreq = crmForm.all.new_billingfrequency; var iStartIndex = -1; var iEndIndex = -1; switch (oBi...

Formula to determine range
I used to know how to do this, but being a Monday morning my head isn' working. How do I get my spreadsheet to automatically determine the last cel that contains data in a column and return the actual cell reference ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com David, range("A65536").End(xlUp).address John "DavidObeid" <DavidObeid.xdc0m@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:DavidObeid.xdc0m@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I use...

Verifying Picklist Mappings
Hi, Just posted this on my blog, hope you will find it usefull. Please leave me a note if you experience difficulties with it. Best regards, Merijn van Mourik http://crmerijn.blogspot.com/ When you need to maintain a large number of picklists, it can be time consuming to keep the mappings between entity picklists consistent. This is because every picklist item has a label and a corresponding number. And this number is not visible when working with Microsoft CRM. When you map a picklist to a picklist in another entity, you should verify whether the underlying numbers are ok. So I cr...

default cell value
I'm trying to develop a timesheet form and am having trouble with a "comp time" section. It seems to be a simple problem but I can't find an answer. I've got a function =IF(K3>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF(K4>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF (K5>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,0))) but if k3, k4 or k5 doesn't have a "0" then I get #VALUE! I'd like to have "0" (zero) in each of these as a default value since this section won't always be used by everyone. How can I have "0" or "---" show by default and not have #VALUE! show if somebody deletes...

Hide Picklist based on value of other picklist.
On the accounts form i have made a new picklist named Partner. In the picklist Customertype i have made a new entry called partner. When someone opens the form i want the picklist named partner to be hidden. When someone selects Partner in the Customertype picklist i want the picklist partner to be visible. If an other value is selected the fields needs to stay hidden. I know i have to make some code on the onchange of the field customertype and i need to make code on the onload of the page. I have tried multiple codes but i cant get it to work. Can someone please help me out please. Hi,...

Javascript on non-picklist fields
Is there a way to do javascript actions on non-picklist fields? I need a script action that triggers either onBlur or onChange on a varchar field, and I can't seem to find any supported way of making that happen. MY other alternative is to directly modify the SQL database on a post callout, which is even less supported. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dylan Vanderhoof Sr. Software Developer Semaphore Corporation just edit the .aspx file in question, and place your javascript in there,.....should work, just not supported -Gary <llarian@cerberus.llarian.net> wrote in message news:107...

Delete repeated values
Hi, I need to delete the repeated data but all of it. I=B4ve tried to use a filter but it doesn=B4t work because the repeated data stays. Example: 1 2 3 3 After runnig the macro or filter sholud appear this 1 2 Hope u can help. Thanks This will work for the example provided. Sub deletealldups() mc = 1 ' column A On Error Resume Next For i = Cells(Rows.Count, mc).End(xlUp).Row To 1 Step -1 If Cells(i - 1, mc) = Cells(i, mc) Then Rows(i - 1).Resize(2).Delete End If Next i End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@aus...

Fire Workflow rule when a picklist value is changed?
I need some advice, I have a "Contact" Workflow rule that works fine when RUN "Manually". However it is my understanding that, with the current Product (CRM 1.2) these rules can not be instigated on the changing of a value in a custom created Picklist Hence I would like to have this rule called from the OnChange event javascript associated with my custom Pick list. Has anybody any idea what the javascript syntax would be to call my Workflow Rule Thanks in advance :) I think you would be better serverd by trying to implement a post-Callout then. Depending on the complexi...

zero values #2
How do you get a zero value to appear as a dash instead of a zero? formatting>formatting>that is the future. Seriously, format with ACCOUNTING. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05eb01c42bb3$5ae51740$3501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you get a zero value to appear as a dash instead of > a zero? Hi apply the following custom format to this cell: 0.00;-0.00;- -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you get a zero value to appear as a dash in...

Picklist Required Date
We've just finished migrating to GP9 from GP7.5, and we've found an issue that we can't seem to fix. In 7.5, when working with an MO, we would create a picklist for the MO, and the required date for each item in the picklist was set to the MO start date minus ten days. In GP9, we aren't able to get this behaviour. The picklist required date is set to the start date for the MO. Does anyone have any insight? We currently have several of our users looking through their notes from two years ago looking for an answer, but so far nothing has been found. I'm pretty ...

Picklist View
Is there are a way to limit what is shown in a picklist? We have a picklist in CRM 3.0 that has numerous types/values in it, but we only want a few of them to appear. We do not want to remove the others as we may eventually decide to use them. You can remove options in client-side code. In the OnLoad event: //Remove the option with value 2 crmForm.all.your_picklist.DeleteOption(2); Call it multiple times with different indexes to remove the desired values. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Cu...

Total the Value of Orders in a given month
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help you can give... I am running Exce 2002.... I need to calculate the total sales for a given month from a sheet Each order is inputed on a separate row. Column E is the date of eac order... Column L is the $ amount... The sheet spans about 3 years... I need to return the sum of sales for each month to a cell.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, If we use June, 2004, as an example of the month whose total sales we want, try: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(E2:E1000)=6)*(YEAR(E2:E1000)=2004)*(L2:L1000)) Adjust the ranges accordingly. Hope this hel...

IF Function with Text values
Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need to pick the surname out of the user login and i can't get the IF true or false to pick out the surnames, any help very much appriciated. Hi use something like =VLOOKUP("user_id",A1:B100,2,0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany .. wrote: > Hi, I can't seem to get the IF formula to work with my spreadsheet. I > have two colums one with user login the other with surname and i need > to pick the surname out of the u...

Assign Picklist value to another Picklist
I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value selected of territorycode picklist into listado picklist Could be something like this in the Onchange Event... crmForm.territorycode.value=crmForm.CFPListado.value; but didn`t work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Daniel Rodriguez SMS - Argentina Try using the returnValue property, e.g.: crmForm.territorycode.returnValue=crmForm.CFPListado.returnValue; "Daniel Rodriguez" wrote: > I have 2 picklist (territorycode and Listado) and i want to add the value > selected of territorycode ...

Cannot save external link values?
Hi, I have links in an excel worksheet to another spreadsheet and everytime I hit save I am told that it "Cannot save external link values". I cannot refresh the link without having the spreadsheet I am linked to open, otherwise my result is a list of N/A's. I am running Office 2003 on XP and have installed the service patches. I have a brand new laptop so memory is not an issue. Any suggestions?? Alan ...