Photo display in Contact

Hello,

Is there a possibility to show a picture on a tab for the contacts? So that
the picture is automatically shown in stead of opening a picture as
attachment in notes?

Thank you
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi

1) If you don't need offline functionnality, a solution would be to
create an .aspx page which displays the photo related to a certain
contact guid.
The photo itself could be store in the crm notes entity or in an
external store (ie: an existing HR application or an external
database)
This .aspx page can then be accessed with a contact form tab using an
IFRAME object (be sure to select the check box to get the guid
parameter sent to the form)

2) If you do need offline functionnality, the notes attachment is the
easiest path.
You could deploy the solution 1 locally to all clients but it would be
quite a pain to maintain/synch.

Have a nice day,
St=E9phane.
Traviata

0
Stephane
2/22/2007 8:23:23 AM
How do I create an aspx page from a jpg file store on a local directory?

"Stephane Dorrekens" wrote:

> Hi
>
> 1) If you don't need offline functionnality, a solution would be to
> create an .aspx page which displays the photo related to a certain
> contact guid.
> The photo itself could be store in the crm notes entity or in an
> external store (ie: an existing HR application or an external
> database)
> This .aspx page can then be accessed with a contact form tab using an
> IFRAME object (be sure to select the check box to get the guid
> parameter sent to the form)
>
> 2) If you do need offline functionnality, the notes attachment is the
> easiest path.
> You could deploy the solution 1 locally to all clients but it would be
> quite a pain to maintain/synch.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Stéphane.
> Traviata

If each contact had an ID and their photo was name something like id1234.jpg
you could use the url in the iframe to link to the right photo when the
contact is loaded

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
Web - http://www.crowecrm.com
Blog - http://www.crowecrm.com/crowe/microsoft/crmblog.cfm

"Agile CRM" <AgileCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> How do I create an aspx page from a jpg file store on a local directory?
>
> "Stephane Dorrekens" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> 1) If you don't need offline functionnality, a solution would be to
>> create an .aspx page which displays the photo related to a certain
>> contact guid.
>> The photo itself could be store in the crm notes entity or in an
>> external store (ie: an existing HR application or an external
>> database)
>> This .aspx page can then be accessed with a contact form tab using an
>> IFRAME object (be sure to select the check box to get the guid
>> parameter sent to the form)
>>
>> 2) If you do need offline functionnality, the notes attachment is the
>> easiest path.
>> You could deploy the solution 1 locally to all clients but it would be
>> quite a pain to maintain/synch.
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>> St�phane.
>> Traviata

0
John
5/29/2007 3:31:29 AM
Hi there

I was wondering if you can assist, did you finally get the workaround of
creating an aspx page, we are working on the same thing and we don't seem to
get it right. Would you please urgently supply me with the code..

Thanking you in advance

"Agile CRM" wrote:

> How do I create an aspx page from a jpg file store on a local directory?
>
> "Stephane Dorrekens" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > 1) If you don't need offline functionnality, a solution would be to
> > create an .aspx page which displays the photo related to a certain
> > contact guid.
> > The photo itself could be store in the crm notes entity or in an
> > external store (ie: an existing HR application or an external
> > database)
> > This .aspx page can then be accessed with a contact form tab using an
> > IFRAME object (be sure to select the check box to get the guid
> > parameter sent to the form)
> >
> > 2) If you do need offline functionnality, the notes attachment is the
> > easiest path.
> > You could deploy the solution 1 locally to all clients but it would be
> > quite a pain to maintain/synch.
> >
> > Have a nice day,
> > Stéphane.
> > Traviata

Migrate Contact Address Data from CRM 1.2 to 3.0
We are upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In order to migrate the existing data, we are using the CRM web services (in "../crmservice.asmx"). CRM 1.2 stores the contact data in the ContactBase table; I create a data source, create an instance of the "contact" object from the CRM web service, set each of the contact properties from the field values in the DataRows of the DataSet source, and then use the contact object's Create() method to add each contact to the CRM 3.0 database -- all of this works very well. However, CRM 1.2 stores the contact's address d...

display contents of cell
Can the value of a cell be displayed even if the cell is on too narrow a row? I am designing sheet music staff on a spreadsheet in which the staff lines alternate on thick and thin rows. I cannot display the contents of a cell that is in a narrow row unless I superimpose on it an autoshape containing an address pointing to that cell. The problem with such solution is that the autoshape is visible all the time even if the cell is empty. ...

Using TTS_ALWAYSTIP but no tip displayed for disabled controls
I have a CToolTipCtrl object that is created with the TTS_ALWAYSTIP style and am using it to display tooltips for my form view controls. I create the tooltip object in my OnInitialUpdate override and in my PreTranslateMessage override, I call CToolTipCtrl::RelayEvent and my controls display their tooltips. However, they do not display when the controls (pushbuttons) are disabled. The docs for TTS_ALWAYSTIP say ".. the tool tip will appear when the cursor is on a tool, regardless of whether the tool tip control's owner window is active or inactive". Does anyone know how to get...

New records don't display correctly in subforms after save.
Access 2003, XP Pro I have a main form with two separate subforms. I view various records by clicking on some list boxes. To add a new record, I select Records, Data Entry. I then (1) Make a selection in a combo on the main form. (2) Make a selection in a combo and enter some text in a textbox on subform1 (3) Make a selection in a combo on subform2 Subform2 has some code on the After Update event that saves the new record and goes to a previously selected record in cbo1 on the main form (cbo2 has code on the After Update event to go to that record). Here's the cod...

Printing Contacts
Hiya everyone. I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a contact list, to include their birthdays on the print out? thanks :D -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" I'm using Outlook 2000 by the way -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message news:O61TBrf6FHA.1000@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya everyone. > I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a c...

copying calendar and contact data from Outlook 98 to outlook xp
I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client in windows 98 client. I am running Outlook XP, or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002. I need to begin moving setting over. I need to move my contacts and calendar and other stuff over. Any thoughts on how this can be done? I am running dual boot - transitioning from windows 98 to Windows XP. I am running Outlook 98 as my primary email client within windows 98. I am running Outlook XP (or I undertand it is also called Outlook 2002) within Windows XP. I need to b...

Selecting display in dual monitor system
I have an XP system with two monitors. I am writing an MFC application to display information during a simulated game show that a local community theatre is producing. During the show, one monitor will display the score, the other will display information pertinent to the current game. I have each of the individual display modes (score and game) working. I'm using a CWnd derived class to display full-screen windows and paint/draw the information onto the window. My problem is that I can only get the display to output to one monitor. How do I select or identify a particular monitor...

Outlokk 2003 Contacts
Recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000 Cant seem to set my Contacts folders as Address Books - Option is greyed-out. Is this anything to do with not having Word 2003 (I've still got Word 2000 running)? TIA JohnK In Tools | Email Accounts | View pr Change Existing Directories or Address Books ... Next .... is the Outlook Address Book shown? If not try to add it via the Add button. "John F Kappler" <johnk@pceffect.co.uk> wrote in message news:4221a4cd.10109843@giganews.nildram.co.uk... > Recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 from 2000 > > Cant seem to set my...

photo
hi, i want to display a detail text over my picture in publisher when the mouse is roll over it. can anyone help me? -- MCP JOJO There is no built-in way of doing this. You can, and should add the ALT tag to each picture, but that will not show with a mouseover. It is there for text readers. You can get the tool tips to work using javascript. Google "javascript tooltips" and try some of that code. Use the insert html code fragment feature. If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.c...

GAL Display
Can I change the global address list display template with selected columns. When I search for a user it results with the columns like; 1. Name 2. Phone 3. Alias 4. Office 5. Job Tiltle 6. Company I want to incorporate 2 more columns in that results window like 1. Department name 2. Email If anyone can help to fix this issue, it will be great. Not possible! "Shanthi" <Shanthi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C4D541-E7B6-4D50-8F36-D8A0FC61802B@microsoft.com... > Can I change the global address list display template with selected > columns. >...

How can I email my photos including captions from Windows photo
How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. Open your photos in Paint or a similar program, use the text tool. Save. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bruce1950" <Bruce1950@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80567ADA-54A0-40CF-B22C-B0AA944AAB7D@microsoft.com... > How can I email my photos including captions from Windows pictures files? > > When I try to send them the photos arrive but without tags or captions. ...

Surpress display of addressees
When I send to a distribution group, is there a way to surpress the display of the complete addressee list and only display the individual recipient addressee? On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:40:42 -0700, "Guinn Clark" <guinnclark@pegasusmanagementinc.com> wrote: >When I send to a distribution group, is there a way to >surpress the display of the complete addressee list and >only display the individual recipient addressee? No. Put your distribution list in the BCC: field and, if you like, your own name/address in the To: field. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

photo in frame
when I have created an ovale frame, can I insert a photo in this frame so it just fits into the ovale and not get out of the frame? -- coku What version Publisher? Draw an oval with the autoshapes, select the oval, fill, fill effects, picture tab. In Publisher 2000, insert, picture, new drawing, it will be the same as above. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "coku" <coku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0052F18-EA89-4313-B489-E2BFAF62BC3A@microsoft.com... > when I have created a...

photos

Insert Contact Name and E-mail address into Subject When Creating A Phone Call
Hi guys, I am looking to insert the name of the sender\contact and e-mail address into the phone call subject line. I have figured out how to get the name of the sender inserted into the subject line but cannot figure out how to get the e-mail address in there. The code I used is below. Can anyone outline what code I need to use to get at the e-mail address, maybe it's not actually possible? Cheers, Mark var lookupItem = new Array(); //Get the lookup for the from attribute on the phone call form, this is the person calling lookupItem = crmForm.all.from.DataValue; //Set the current sub...

Photo magic
Hi, I am now using Vista, however the program I use to manage my photos [ photo magic] won't email my photos. I can select the photos, resize etc., and when I click to send I get a message saying the user has cancelled the email, can anybody help please. -- Doug ...

Contacts, Notes & Calender
i fixed my erroe of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window" by microsoft fix it and found new problam that my previous all data Contacts, Notes, Calender & Mails gone, now how can i get them back ? On 3/4/2010 10:59 PM, Tufail wrote: > i fixed my erroe of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook > window" by microsoft fix it and found new problam that my previous all data > Contacts, Notes, Calender& Mails gone, now how can i get them back ? File -> Open -> Outlook Data File In the file name, type...

how do I display negative numbers a "0"?
If a formula gives me a negative number, I want to disply it as zero. Can you show me how to make that work? In other words, if a formula creates a value of "-14", I want it to show up as "0" in the cell. Ken, If your formula is as follows: "=A1-B1" You would need to edit as follows: "=IF((A1-B1)>0,(A1-B1),0)" What this tells excel is, if A1-B1 is greater than 0 (True), then give me that result. If A1-B1 is greater than 0 (False), then give me a 0. hth "Ken" wrote: > If a formula gives me a negative number, I ...

Display name in To: field
I have recently changed from 98 to XP and could always address my contacts as per company name, not firstname / lastname. The XP default is auto-set to firstname/lastname but I desperately need to change that so when I address an e- mail I get all of the company field options, not first name / lastname. HELP! I have 800 contacts of which I don't want to have to re- type all company details into the name section...? Tools->Email Accounts->Directories->View or Change. Set your display name at the bottom. In Outlook, Tools->Options->Contacts. Set your options there ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

The page cannot be displayed
HI, I am working with CRM 3.0 and after 30 minutes of use, the program shows the standard "The page cannot be displayed" error and I mus reboot or log off and then back in. I looked in IIS to see if there was any time limitation, but didn't see anything. Does anyone know why this might be happening? It is almost as if the Windows login information isn't there any more and when I log in to windows, it restores it?? Any thoughts would be great. Bebandit Bebandit, I see that a lot and have yet to track down the root cause. Usually, just closing all of your browser wind...

best hot photos
HOT HEROINES PHOTOS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/ SEXY SNEHA http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sneha-hot.html KOUSHA HOT EXPOSING http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sexy-kousha.html PRIYAMANI IN HOT BIKINI http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/priyamani-hot.html MADHUSHALINI IN HOT DRESS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post_2972.html HOTTEST LIPKISS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/lipkiss-2.html NAMITHA IN BATH http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/nayagarala-namitha.html ...

Contact note max length
I have modified the note of a contact so it's length can be as long as 5000 char instead of 2000. My problem is that in Sales For Outlook, the error message still appear when the size exeed 2000 char :( I've tried to "Go Offline" so my outlook could be updated but is did not change anything. Any suggestion? thanks I have almost the same problem. People keep putting too many characters in the contact description. Clicking on the description in the CRM application tells you "there are more than 2000 characters, text will be truncated". All righty then. O...

display no seconds in time format [h]
Have used the [h] mm ss formatting to add up times over 24 hours but only want to display the hh mm and not the seconds (ss) the format option does not seem available, any ideas gratefully received. Hi Format>Cells>Number>Custom and in the white pane just type [h]:mm Regards Roger Govier Finolac wrote: >Have used the [h] mm ss formatting to add up times over 24 hours but only >want to display the hh mm and not the seconds (ss) the format option does not >seem available, any ideas gratefully received. > > ...

Controling queries displayed when clicking Load from Query button?
I want to be able to control the queries that are displayed when the Load from Query toolbar button is displayed. Can anyone tell me how the filter box list gets populated? Thanks. Paco ...