Phone Activity Form

My question is regarding viewing phone call activities from the activities
entity created from a quick campaign for Leads.  I am only able to view the
regarding (which is the campaign name) and recipient (which is the full name
of the Lead) field, on leads we often only know the company name and not a
first or last name.  So viewing the resulting phone activities created from
the quick campaign have to be opened up then click again to open up the Lead
form to view the company name if there is no first or last name, very time
consuming.  When I do an advanced find and chose edit columns/add
columns/change record type to “Regarding (Lead)“ and check Company Name
nothing appears in the table view in the Company Name even though there is a
company name on the Lead form.   I am not having luck with this view is there
a way to have an either or statement to populate with the company name if
there is no first/last name on the Lead form?
0
jms (36)
8/8/2008 7:58:17 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Refreshing Form with Multiple Forms and Fields
I have a main screen form that allows entry to start from that location. It has four subforms and some other fields that are picked from other locations to filter the record. My challenge is it does not Refresh right away. I have tried putting Refresh and Repaint etc in the main form code but it still doesn't refresh. I put a Refresh button on it and that works but it's slow. Can anyone tell me what would be a more efficient method to get this screen to refresh right away. Thank you, ...

Activate A series of Macros
I have a series of macros, eg, macro1, marco2 and marco3 in excel workbook. I want all these macros perform when one event happen. A event could be anythings, click bottom, run macro, etc. Thank you for helps. Hi Eddie, Try something like: '========>> Sub MainMacro() Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 End Sub '<<======== --- Regards, Norman "Eddie" <eddie2002@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133321903.127299.134990@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a series of macros, eg, macro1, marco2 and marco3 in excel > workbook. I want...

emailing forms
I would like to create a workflow rule that would email the url of a newly created quote to another employee in the company. Is this possible and how would I do it? Thank you for the help in advance. Hi alma, not sure off hand if you can do it with a workflow rule...you can definately do it using the post-callout mechanism. Mike "alma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cf301c3e15e$31ac59a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to create a workflow rule that would email > the url of a newly created quote to another employee in > the compan...

User Form Coding
Hi All Could somebody look at my coding (below) I have a user form that makes appointsments by adding data to a booking sheet. That works fine. But I have also have a command button to open another form to cancel or reshedule the appointments. In order to find a client and the appointment details I use the below code. But I can't seem to get it to work. Any help please. Appoitment worksheet A..........B...........C................D......................E..........F........G.....H custID..Surname..First Name..Contact number..Salon..Date..Time..Treatment Bookings worksheet A..........B......

How many time can I activate Office 2007?
Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it onto my computer, now my computer is down and I need to load it onto another computer to do my schoolwork but I may have to load it again when I get my computer back from repair. How many times will i be able to load the software? As often as needed, assuming a retail version. If its an oem version you cannot install it on any other, but the origonal PC "goldengirlz2" <goldengirlz2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBCB0F91-FAAE-4722-B591-87A2CDC7E03C@microsoft.com... > Just bout Office 2007 and loaded it ...

uploading forms on web pages
I have created my first form using publisher 2000. When I go to submit the form, I get the following message: http://fontainebleauhigh.stpsb.org/--WEBBOT-SELF--. I am lost. What do I do now? The form is located under the alumni section--reunion contact information. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. If you're trying to use FrontPage's process to handle the form, that web = does not have FP extensions installed on it. You'll have to find out = from the host what process you can use. "Jeanie" <Jeanie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Problems with Exchange 5.5 on windows 2000 Active Directory migration to Exchange 2003
Hi All I hope that someone out there can help me. I have an exchange 5.5 system sitting on a windows 2000 server Active directory server. I have installed a new windows 2003 server with exchange 2003 as the messaging platform. I have gone through the prep for windows 2000, moved all the roles, joined the domain and that all worked out great. The problem is that when I run the exchange migration wizard I get the following error: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify the server name, port, user name and password. I believe that this is a problem relating to the LDAP port (3...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

GetControlUnknown
I'm using a skin control, and have no problems with the skin control itself, it is mostly geared for use in VB, because in MFC the class wizard can't generate a proper class wrapper for it (incompatible types, etc...) So if I need to use control in MFC, I have to use the "#import" statement, now the recommended way to "attach" to control and programatically access it, is using method 1 or method 2, but neither of these work, they return null, I did find that method 3 and method 4 worked fine, but was wondering if somebody knew why method 1 or method 2 fails? --...

Bottom on a form that copy paste data in a table
Hi There, If these a way to have a Bottom on a form that when click on it, it will copy and paste the information to another table in access in instead of creating an append query? Any help will be appreciated, I may not be fully understanding what you are trying to do... As I understand it, pasting a record to "another table in access" IS appending it. And if you already have the information in one record in one table, why would you want a copy of it in another table? Wouldn't that make it much harder to keep the two copies synchronized? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft...

Move Form to edge of chart window
I am using some vba in excel to display different forms in different sheets. Workbook has one data entry sheet with a dedicated form. This I manage to select as I have info on the screen resolution even if it changes and by selecting a particlar cell I manage to move this form relative to this cell. The problem is that I have 2 other sheets that are both chart windows. For each chart window I have a dedicated form that shows up whenever I switch to that particular sheet. My problem lies witht the positioning of these 2 forms, since that chart windows have no cells to refer ...

Complex Forms
I downloaded ListBox_Search_2000 from http://www.databasedev.co.uk/downloads.html. I also downloaded Search2000 from Allen Browne's website. Using these concepts, I want to create a search form. I want a listbox like the one from databasedev, where the user can double click to open the record. The listbox is filled from a query. This query is filtered by the user, by using controls like in Allen Browne's search form (cboBoxes, txtBoxes, etc.) Problem: I have a lot more columns than the list box from databasedev. If the user scrolls horizontally in the listbox, the sort butt...

POP Blank Form & Account Numbers
I have just upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0. My modified POP Blank form is no longer working after it was updated. It seems to be a problem w/ the account number field on the report. When I delete the field the report print w/o a problem. How can I get an account to show up on the POP Blank form for each line item? Is that all it took? I thought there was a calculated field that no longer worked also. It's on the list of reports that do not upgrade. :( Look for the Inventory Index field for the account number. Don't have GP open in front of me so I 'm sure where it's at. ...

Adding a new Journal Entry through the Activities Page in Contacts Folder
In Outlook 97, there used to be a check box on the Journal Page of Contacts that said "Track all Journal Entries for this Contact". There was also a button on the bottom of the page that let you add a new Journal Entry. I can't find out how to do this in Outlook XP. The help file says to go to the main "Tools/Options", and check the list of contacts you want to monitor, but this is a real pain every time you add a contact. Also, it doesn't solve the problem of adding a new journal entry for a contact. I thought I was getting close. If I go the the ac...

Roster mail merge form
I'm trying to create a roster from an excel worksheet. My Roster form is a table created in Publisher 2000 SP3. When I use mail merge and select the column headings from Excel and I put <<name>>,<< address>>,etc in the first row of the table. When I show the merged data it all appears in the first row. When I put <<name>> etc in the next row it puts the same dat in both rows. How can I get the 87 rows of the spreadsheet into 87 table rows in publisher. Would it be any better using the publisher address list. the spread sheet I have works great for labe...

Lookup to a Custom Asset Register in Service Activity
Hi All, New to CRM just getting to grips with customization. Have created a new Entity called "Asset Database". When anyone creates a service activity, I want to be able to add a lookup field that will allow us to link back to the record in the Asset Database. I have created other lookups from Asset Database to Companies and this worked fine. Cannot get this to work at all. Any ideas ? -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Killaloe, Co. Clare, Ireland Microsoft Certified Partner ...

If no activity, display a UserForm; 10 seconds later close Workboo
I’m trying to display a UserForm if there is no activity in a WB for 10 seconds (actual will be much longer; just testing 10 seconds). After 10 seconds I want the UserForm to be displayed. On the UserForm I have a small timer. A timer is displayed in a label on the UserForm, and the timer counts down. If the user does not click cmdStop in 10 seconds, the UserForm will be shut down and any prior changes will be saved and the WB will be closed. Chip Pearson helped me with some of this code 1 week ago. Now, all the parts of this scenario were working yesterday, albeit in s...

Forms Processing
Can anyone help me? I have a directory full of xls files each of whic is a invoice. Cell A11 contains the clients name and address. Doe anyone know a way in which I can extract the cell contents for all th files in the directory? i have tried using the CELL function and even importing data int Access. Thanks in advance for your support -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi lochranza Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm Post back if you need help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "lochranza >" <<lochranza.148rbb@excelfo...

MSCRM Bit Value in customized form
Hi Can anyone tell me how to make the lable text for a check box sit at teh right of the checkbox rather than the left. I have quite a lot of text to go with each check box and i cant seem to format it in any sensible way Thanks in advance ...

Publish form to users' Personal Forms Library via script or GPO?
I've got a client who will be migrating from internally hosted Exchange 2000 (yes, you read that correctly) to externally hosted Exchange 2007 with OL2007 clients. They are also looking to use Sharepoint (WSS 3.0) for their shared contacts & calendar, which are currently in E2000 public folders - the hosting company isn't providing PFs. Normally this would be no big deal, but they've got a nice little custom form for their public contacts, which they want to keep. It's currently published to the PF itself on their existing E2k server. As we won't have access to ...

How to create Auto Regenerating Dropboxs in data entry forms
I'm trying to create an auto generating drop box on a data entry form. That is, someone would be entering data that may pertain to more that one project. I'd like to have a drop down menu that, once a value is selected from it, an exact duplicate appears underneath, and the user can enter as many projects as are associated with that data. I'm not sure how to do this. Make your combo box an unbound control. In the After Update event of the combo, set the Default Value of the control you want to populate to the value in the combo. I am assuming the combo is on the main fo...

Can't get form to hide
I have a form "Authorizaton", which happens to be the autoexec form on my database that authenticates the user silently (checks the windows login name against a user table), then logs the user's entry in a log table. I want it to stay loaded, but invisible for the user's entire session. I can't seem to make it invisible. I tried to set the .visible property to false at design time, but it's not apparently availble at design time. I did set the .visible property to false in the "load" event event, though it didn't work in the "open" event...

Link a form field in a Word document to populate an excel spreads
i'm trying to populate a cell in an excel spreadsheet with a form field in a word document. is this possible? ...

Logical tests between Word form text fields
I have a Drop-Down form field with "Yes" and "No". I want to place the value 4 in a Text form field in the same document if the user selects "Yes" in the Drop-Down field. I set the Text form field to type "Calculation" but can not figure out the formula to use that doesn't return a Syntax error or "Undefined Bookmark, Yes". While I have Word 2007, I need to create this form for users with 2003 and so am using Legacy form fields. Hi jstern, Instead of using a calculation formfield, I'd suggest an ordinary formula field,...

Help creating an activity
I'm trying to create a Phone Call activity, but I'm just getting message from the server saying 'SOAP Server Application Faulted'. Here's some sample code (ignore the word wrap)... note that I'm not actually setting the strings manually as shown - they are being generated programmatically - I'm just showing what they actually amount to when the problem occurs. The credentials shouldn't be a problem - I'm using impersonation, and the call to oBizUser.WhoAmI() works fine... ----------- BizUser oBizUser = new BizUser(); oBizUser.Url = "http://lo...