Performance hit on sharing records

Hi,
Can anybody tell me the performance hit on using sharing of records
between teams? We are considering sharing of custom entities in terms
of 10000s of records between 5-6 user teams. What would be the
performance hit?
Thanks,

0
sb
8/7/2007 7:47:16 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

No it will not, if you are sharing with the teams, it's only 1 entry
added to the principalobjectaccess table. It's not going to be a
problem. I have client sharing to hundreds user with couple hundred
thousands of records.

Darren Liu
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Aug 7, 2:47 pm, sb <itssari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anybody tell me the performance hit on using sharing of records
> between teams? We are considering sharing of custom entities in terms
> of 10000s of records between 5-6 user teams. What would be the
> performance hit?
> Thanks,

0
Darren
8/8/2007 4:32:28 AM
Hi Darren,
Thanks for your response. I was not sure that CRM could handle
excessive sharing, its good to know that it works for your client with
hundreds of thousands of records.
-sb

On Aug 7, 9:32 pm, Darren Liu <darren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> No it will not, if you are sharing with the teams, it's only 1 entry
> added to the principalobjectaccess table. It's not going to be a
> problem. I have client sharing to hundreds user with couple hundred
> thousands of records.
>
> Darren Liu
> Crowehttp://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Aug 7, 2:47 pm, sb <itssari...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > Can anybody tell me the performance hit on using sharing of records
> > between teams? We are considering sharing of custom entities in terms
> > of 10000s of records between 5-6 user teams. What would be the
> > performance hit?
> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

sb

Excel shared workbook
whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785 And the question is??? FYI saving a file is not controled by XL it is controlled by your operating system. XL just makes a request to the OS to be saved. The OS performs the save... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Share workbook" wrote: > whenever we save a shared document, we could see a temporary file is created > with file name of 8 characters. for eg: A0020785 Jim Thanks for the reply!!! I have office 2003 installed in my deskt...

performances
performances Hi, I am writing c++ application in vc++ 6 the application use a lot of cpu processing (math calculations), I am running the application on Win-XP, p-4 2.8 HT! What is the best way to compile my application so it will run faster? What are the best ways to write or build my application for faster running? What i the different betwine processor type Blend* inn the C/C++ tab of the project setting and the other option??? Thanks! "Dave" <dbg@012.net.il> wrote in message news:eY8jUE38EHA.3756@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > performances > > Hi, > I am wr...

No more shared calendar
Hello! I just picked up a new client that has a 3-PC peer-to-peer workgroup, all running XP Pro. They have one XP Pro station as their file server, and it has all their documents on it, as well as a PST file used for contacts and calendaring. They POP their mail from their domain host. The other two (aside from the "server" XP station) each have their own XP Pro workstation with Office 2003, and they each have their own local PST for Outlook 2003. The receptionist sets all the appointments, so she opens the PST file on the XP "server" and shares the calendar. That h...

Hitting the "T" key makes Windows Help appear
This is most annoying. about once every half hour of typing, the Windows Help screen appears in Win98se. It always happens when I hit a T key. (cap or lower case). This does not happen everytime I hit a T, just on occasion. What is the problem? How do I fix? Is there a way to determine ALL the shortcut key combinations that are on a computer? Thanks Carl carlconen@unlisted.com wrote: > This is most annoying. about once every half hour of typing, the > Windows Help screen appears in Win98se. It always happens when I hit > a T key. (cap or lower case). This doe...

Protected worksheet, shared workbook problems
I'm in quite the fix. I'm using XL2000 and 1. I have a shared workbook 2. ...that I want certain data protected 3. ..but I also want users to be able to insert rows. 2 and 3 together are not a problem because thanks to someone's suggestion, I insert rows via a macro where the macro first unprotects the data, then reprotects the correct data. 1, 2, and 3 is a problem since when a workbook is shared, you can't unprotect data and thus I can't do 2 and 3 if the workbook is shared. Is there anyway I can use my insert rows macro without having to unshare the workbo...

vba macro to perform custom reporting -transpose from rows to columns
I have one workbook and two sheets 1 sheet has data for automated test scenarios that may be run up to 3 time if they don't pass on the first or second try Sheet1: TestSet Test Result reason if failed 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail x 4 fail y 4 fail z I want to create a summary report that looks like Sheet2 for the Sheet1 logs above test run1 result test run2 result test run 3result Sheet2 Testset result1 result2 result3 1 pass 2 pass 3 pass 4 fail fail fail So if a testset is executed more ...

Shared Workbooks #6
Hi I am using the sharing facilty to enable multiple simultaneous editing access to a workbook. The problem that I want to solve is that the workbook always seems to open in "thiswork.saved = false" mode i.e. the workbook always prompts the user to save when closing even if no changes have been made. Apart form using VB* (which is my curent workaround), is there a solution to this? Thanks Tim * the reason I want o avoid Vb is that I am tryiing to eliminate extra steps and including VB would mean users get the "enable macros" screen each time they open it - and outr IT...

Business Contact Manager, performance sacrifices?
I'm hoping we can all learn a little about Business Contact Manager... After some initial difficulties that were resolved by 1.5 hours with Microsoft and some great ideas from Patricia Cardoza's new book, I've got Business Contact Manager running smoothly. That's a good thing because I provide support and training in Outlook to clients and want to be able to recommend this new add-on. But is it ready to recommend? Here are two things that seriously bother me: my contacts take so much longer to load and sort. Searching from the "Find a Contact" box formerly t...

Splitting records to two rows
I have a report that has many columns; most of them not very wide, however the report is too wide to fit even legal size sheets in landscape mode, without reducing the font to a "difficult to read" size. I realize I can split the report vertically into two pages, however, I would prefer not to. Does anyone know of a way to split each record into two rows without using an inefficient cut and paste process? Hi, Try this macro on a test sheet. Sub Make2_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Dim ColtoSplit As Integer ColtoSplit = 4 ' ColtoSplit is the column number...

KB for Performance Optimizer trouble
In the process of moving EDB files from a crashed server to a new server built with same name, etc, but different platform (from NT to W2K Sp4) I found the Performance Optimizer would not allow me to move files to different volumes. A quick google search showed because of SP4 I needed to contact Microsoft for the patch but when I called they said I needed the KB article and I searched and searched and even none of the 'MVP' replies saying 'contact microsoft' had the KB number. After having the MS rep hold the line while I was scouring google and retrying the process to get the ...

Converting multi line flat file records to XML
Similar to my earlier post I have a different flat file that has mutiple lines that make up different entitties of a single record and I need to convert this to XML. For example, line 1 is Customer billing information, line 2 is Customer shipping information, line 3 is Order information (#, date, totals etc...) and line 4...n is Order line items (item#, qty, unit price, line total). At line n+1 the second customer billing information repeats... What is the best way to convert this to XML? I came across some products/ libraries in the java world for similar stuff - XFlat from Unidex ...

Perform function...if?
Hi I have a workbook that I'm continually adding data to daily. and I also have another workbook that I want to perform calculations, but I only want the calculations performed IF there is data in the first workbook... Here are the two formulas the way they are now... ='Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25 ='Stock Return Data'!J24-'Tax Data'!A14 How can I tell both these functions, to only perform if there is data on the original worksheet? Thanks, Confused Man Hi try =IF('Stock Return Data'!J24<>"",'Stock Return Data'!J24*0.25,"&...

Why sharing is greyed out for MS outlook 20002? #2
Hi there , One of our folks called saying that the sharing is greyed out on his MS Outlook 2002. Is there a way to enable sharing for his Outlook 2002? Our e-mail is supported by MS Exchange 5.5 server. Please help. Thanks in advance. .. ...

ASSIGN means automatically SHARE ?
Hi all ! Suppose an account is assigned to USER1. If I assign it to USER2, the system automatically add a sharing rule to the old owner USER1 ! ! I don't want the old owner has access to the assigned-to-other account ! 1) Is it possible to turn off this automatic function ? 2) How can I delete all these indesiderate sharing rules ? Sebastiano. I consider this the same as a bug, or at least very poor design). It is one of the security pieces that completely irks me, too! I've heard rumor that security changes are in store in version 2. They cannot get here fast enough for m...

record Locking multi user
Hi I have a multi-user Access 2003/2007 database. In mono user mode everything works fine, but in multi user mode there seems to be occasionally a Conflict message giving the users to either Save Record, Copy to Clipboard or Drop Changes. I open my tables something like: Public Function OpenTable(strTableName As String) As DAO.Recordset On Error GoTo FoutOpenTable Set ws = DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set db = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) Set OpenTable = db.OpenRecordset(strTableName, dbOpenTable) ExitFoutOpenTable: Set db = Nothing Exit Function FoutOpenTable: MsgBox &q...

How do I remove protection and sharing from an Excel workbook?
I have the password - and I cannot get the flippin' protection and/or sharing OFF! Help! to get the protection off go to tools and click unprotect. "Janice" wrote: > I have the password - and I cannot get the flippin' protection and/or sharing > OFF! Help! ...

Run SSRS stored procedure report from a CRM 2011 for a current record
Hi All, we need to run a SSRS report created via stored procedure for the current record in a custom CRM entity . we completed creating stored procedure , but pre-filtering is not working . when we tried to preview in visual studio it is picking up the lastest record values only . Could any one give some suggestion to resolve this issue ? Thanks, Sandy ...

E2K3 Performance
My E2K3 server is having an occasional lag time in processing and would like some ideas on where to look at improving performance. 2.4 Xeon processor 1.3 Gb RAM Lot's of disk space Page Files are c: 1920 - 4096 and d: the same (seems incorrect, maybe should be static value?) When checking the running system, CPU is at 4% and pagefile is at 1.64 Gb. It's a low use server, less than 100 mailboxes and a backend to OWA out front. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks. ...

Historical Share Price query
Hi I've got a MSN Money query in Excel that allows me to query a bunch of stocks at once to get the CURRENT share price. Is there a way to build a query to pull the share price on some data for a list of companies. My goal is to build a database of historical prices (quarterly) for a large list of companies Thanks in advance. ...

VBA Filter out unwanted records
I have a list in a worksheet (named Filter) which has a number of columns with a headings row . In Column BE (BE1 has the heading Manage1) there are text data entires which have prefixes with a letter followed by a number. I.e E10, V19,U23. The list is always changing by adding more rows, so the range for column BE1 is varaiable. I would like a VBA statement that will delete all the records in the list where the records in column BE does not have the prefix U, but must leave the list with it's column headings Thanks -- James Hi, A couple of points:- 1. This cou...

iesample performance in CEPC is slow
I have created a CEPC by using Wince 6 and when i browse INTERNET the speed is very slow with compare to standard Windows 7 running X86 machine. (The test carried out in the same machine) . For both case i use the Internet Explorer to browse the net. Is there any method to improve the performance of IE sample browser. Huh? What hardware are you comparing to what hardware? You don't seriously expect a Windows 7 dual-core 3.3GHz processor running 4GB of RAM with a high-performance display chip/driver to be comparable to a 900MHz ATOM processor with 256MB of RAM and a VGA F...

new A record?
Hi, we have a site running Exchange under an SBS2003K Prem server. The company's website is at an outside ISP. We've been using the numeric IP to connect to Exchange for OWA--- should a new "A record" be set up so say it reflects directing this traffic to this IP? i.e. www.company.com would go to the outside website, but www.mail.company.com would go the the IP of the Exchange server? Thinking is, it'd be eaiser to have user type www.mail.company.com/exchange than to remember an IP... www.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/exchange You don't need the www bit. You could use and A...

Issues with quanity and shares when downloading from Brokerage acc
Hi, I have multiple Etrade brokerage accounts and when transactions are downloaded into Money, I have an issue with the consistency with the information on paper statements. For example, when when itmes are downloaded into money, the quantity and share price often have 4-7 decimal points and when I receive my paper statement, it is rounded to 2 decimal points for share price and upto 3 for quantity. When I try to revise the change the downloaded transaction to have 2 decimal points for price and 3 for quanity, I cannot get it to equal the paper statement. Has anyone encouterd this? ...

Sharing workbook with macros
I have an excell workbook I need to share on my LAN. While designing I needed to use a little VBA code for some operations. Is there any way I can share this worksheet allowing changes by multiple users and run it's macros for operations? Tnks! ...

Excel performance slowly
Dear All, We have a license for MS office XP professional but anybody have a problem like us. It's very slow in network when we use a icon tools bar or pooldown menu function. We upgrade our Office XP version to service pack 3 ready. Some computers in our factory have a problem like slowly but some have not. We does not know how to solve this problem. Best Regards, Songphan C. IT Manager MPO ASIA Co.,LTD. songphan@mpoasia.com Hi only some general ideas: - clear the temp directory, reboot and try again - virus scanner could cause this behaviour -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, ...