Pb when saving my CRM credentials in Windows XP

It seems that there is an issue since I am saving my CRM credentials on my
XP machine (sp2).

I created a link on the desktop but most of the time I cannot access the
server and have a IE page saying that IE cannot display this page.

Now I have removed the password reminder from windows it seems to be fine (I
log from a different domain than the one CRM is installed on).

Any idea?
Thanks
Eric

0
Eric
5/9/2005 12:58:12 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

CRM and Active Directory Synchronisation (Error Correction?)
Following a successful(!) Pilot Test Install and Data Migration for MSCRM, Recently when Generating New Business Units and attempting to populate with Roles and/or Users, the following message (or of very similar style appears in the CRM applogs) Error: A privilege change was dropped after the maximum number of tries. -2147016672 (0x80072020) Description: An operations error occurred. Comments: The privilege {78777C10-09AB-4326-B4C8-CF5729702937} could not be changed for business {FBCC65E2-38E8-4FCF-AD20-34DEDE432A51}. This may be normal if this business has been deleted. If this busin...

Dual-Boot XP-Pro/W98SE
I am trying to find a good, step-by-step, tutorial on creating a dual-boot XP-Pro/W98SE system on a new hard drive. Can anyone point me toward a suitable tutorial? Thanks, in advance, for any assistance or guidance. HenriK wrote: > I am trying to find a good, step-by-step, tutorial on creating a > dual-boot XP-Pro/W98SE system on a new hard drive. > > Can anyone point me toward a suitable tutorial? Thanks, in advance, for > any assistance or guidance. It's really quite simple, create 2 partitions on your new hard drive and then install Windows 98 on t...

save web page in Publisher as template
I tried to save a web page which had a format close to something I could use--as a template for my own use in sending emails. The result was something which does not fit the screen, is all scrambled, etc... Is there a way to do this, or should I just bite the bullet and build from scratch? Thanks * ...

"Special" Catagories in Savings/CC Account
There's a "Special" section of catagories in my checking account that I imported from online that contains transfer & credit card payment categories but they're not available in my credit card account & savings account that I import or a 2nd checking account that i have to input manually. Is there a way to change that or am I stuck with it? Convert all accounts to Advanced Register on their settings pages. All will be good. Indeed, convert Essential * to Advanced *. Essential * are for the computer challenged. You've found your way to the newsgroup, sort ...

PB 6.0 on Windows 7
I have upraded my hardware, now running Windows 7. Since the PB 6.0 runs only in VS2005, I need to install VS2005 on Windows 7. I ran the setup.exe from an account with administrative rights. But the installer always fails with: Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Do I have to stick on Windows XP to use the Platform Builder? Helge I don't know... However, it may be that you must run "As Administrator." Right ...

Low memory error when saving publisher files
I get the following error when saving any publisher files. Even new ones. "Due to low memory or use of a floppy other than the one you started with, Publisher has had to rename your publication A:\FILENAME.TMP. To resume, close all programs including Publisher; then restart Publisher and open the file. You may rename the publication." I have tried: - uninstalling and reinstalling publisher. - reinstalling office - reinstalled adobe acrobat - increasing virtual memory HELP! I don't know what to do now... Are you trying to save your file to a floppy? If so, never, ever, ev...

cannot edit and save
hi, i am using excel 2000. i cannot edit and save a existing file. the file is not protected,not read only and not shared. when i open the file, a Microsoft excel window appear saying "File is locked. In order to save changes to the file, you can either close the file before making any changes and then re-open it, use Save As (File menu) to save the file using another filename, or turn off Shared Workbooks and then save the file." i try to clear the checkbox on the format cells>protection>Locked but still when i click save a window appear saying "Document not saved" ...

Saving an OLE object in Word
I have chosen, Insert, Object and selected Paint Shop Pr0 6 capture screen. I can see the screen shot in my Word document, but can, however, not save it. The moment I click anywhere else I lose the pricture! has anyone got suggestions please? -- Thank you from Renata This is strange. As a first step, take a look at http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/invisiblegraphics.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Renata" wrote: > I have chosen, Insert, Object and selected Paint Shop Pr0 6 capture screen. > I can see the screen shot in my Word...

How implement Save as...
I'm developping with Vicual C++ 6.0. My application is a dialog based. I create two buttons, the first one named "Save as" the second one named "Print". Using "Save as" button I would like to save the dialog as file.bmp, using "print" button I would like to print the dialog by default printer. I found some example to capture the desktop but I don't want that, I would capture the dialog, no the desktop. Can anyone help me??? Thanks in advance mais See my article on how to capture any window as a bitmap. I put it in the clipboard, but you would...

does not print but saves instead!
I have 4 profiles set up on my computer. When I use word on the main profile I can print normally. However when I try to print from word on the other 3 profiles it goes to save as and will not let me print. I have tried reparing office using my disc. Any ideas on how to restore the print settings? ...

Word/Excel: Freezing on Save
I have a client using Office 2001 on a B/W G3, OS 8.6, and every time she tries to save a new Word or Excel file, the system hangs. More specifically, it's not truly hanging -- the cursor moves but it's stuck showing the wrist watch. The system *does* hang when you try to force-quit the application. Short of wiping the entire hard drive and reinstalling everything, she has tried about everything else... Norton says the drive is OK. She's has uninstalled/reinstalled Office countless times. All to no avail. TIA for any help you can provide. Brian Hi System hangs are usually the...

Not In List, saving data
I am having trouble saving data in a record. Using NotInList event for a client selector combo box I add a new record for a client and open a data entry form to enter data for a new (previously non-existent client). Using the code below I add the record to my client table, but no data (other than that key field) stays in the table. Code attached to NotInList event: Dim dbsMyDatabase As DAO.Database Dim rstClients As DAO.Recordset Dim intAnswer As Integer Dim stdocName, stLinkCriteria As String stdocName = "1frmDEClient" stLinkCriteria = "[ClientID]=...

CRM Registration
I had to go online to register this software. A little confusing, but seems like its going to work out. ...

Windows Live Messenger: Logs Unspecified Error When Saving/Deletin
I have been having issues trying to save or delete logs from a friends conversation. Everytime I close the conversation, the screen pops up asking me to save older messages or delete, and choosing either of them pops up another screen saying Unspecified Error. Is there any solution to this, I have been kinda annoyed by this. Link to box that pops up: http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/Areno/Untitled-1.jpg This is the screen that shows up after i try saving or deleting. Greetings, You'll get this message if it can't parse the XML - for instance, if some binary...

Save Excel WorkBook
I need to write VBA code embedded to a workbook in such a way that, if the workbook is in a particular directory (sa C:\WinNT\Temp) , the save option work as "SaveAs" (Or in otherway to behave the WorkBook as if it is never saved... ThisWorkBook.Path = "") I tried to write in the thisWorkBook Module ... Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel A Boolean) Dim bCodeRunning As Boolean bCodeRunning = False If ThisWorkBook.Path = strTempDir Then If bCodeRunning Then Application.Dialog(xlSaveAs).Show bCodeRunning = False Else bCodeRunning = True E...

PB Swiss PB-6400/6 Multicraft Screwdriver for TORX Screws Size 6
Price:$6.99 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B001D2S3TO Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B001D2S3TO Screwdrivers for Torx screws, sizes 27 - 55 with hexagon portion. Includes 3x110 PB Swiss Tools has been developing and manufacturing hand-held tools for professionals and craftsmen who insist on the highest of standards in Emmental, Switzerland, for 130 years. We continually put our leadership in terms of quality and power of innovation to the test in our new products, standard products and customer-made productions. The needs of users and the demand...

How you can save fuel and the environment
Driving and Car Maintenance: Transportation accounts for 66% of U.S. oil use -mainly in the form of gasoline. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to improve gas mileage. Driving Tips:- Idling gets you 0 miles per gallon. The best way to warm up a vehicle is to drive it. No more than 30 seconds of idling on winter days is needed. Anything more simply wastes fuel and increases emissions.- Aggressive driving (speeding, rapid acceleration, and hard braking) wastes gas. It can lower your highway gas mileage 33% and city mileage 5%. Drive at lowest and constant rpms; 2000 rpm are enough; you can save...

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Cannot shut down Windows 7
I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing and has to be killed off using Task Manager. In addition I cannot close down Windows if I am connected to the network. I can restart in safe mode, or if I unplug the network cable but if I am plugged in, it gets to shutting down and hangs. Have left it for an hour or so but nothing seems to help. <http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/group/WindowsAnswers> -=- "NevilleT" wrote: > I upgraded my HP laptop from Vista to W7. Now Outlook 2007 keeps freezing > and has...

Excel 2003 prompts to save or overwrite
I have a few excel 2003 users that have xls files on a server, but they are the only ones using. Often, when they save, it tells them someone else may have changed the file, rename or overwrite. They are a bit concerned, It appears to be a mac services thing, I found the following MS article in support. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324491 But it doesnt mention a patch for excel 2003. Should the users just get used to hiting overwrite? Regrads -- Carl For Excel 2003 no patch has been issued AFAIK Follow the instructions for editing the Registry or continue hitting overwrite. ...

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

CFileDialog causes application to Hang on Windows 2000
I have developed an application using VC 7.1. In this application a call to CFileDialog::DoModal() causes the application to hang and never return. It happens on random machines. I have tested it on different machines and it doesn't hang on some of the machines but it hangs on others. After debugging I've found that the application hangs on a call to GetSaveFileName() function within the DoModal function. What is the reason for it and whats the work around? Thanks, Faisal You may need to provide more info, context of how the code is called, what parameters you pass in, where the...

Any way to "Save As" without setting the archive bit on original file
I use a program that sends new or modified files, then clears th archive bit. My problem is that if I modify the master file and do a "Save As" Excel sets the Archive bit on the original file - even though th original file was not modified. I don't think there is a solution, but thanks for any help : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com A new file should always have the archive attribute set since it has not been backed up. You might try SetAttr with the file after it is saved: SetAttr "c:\book1.xls", vbNormal -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .. --- M...

PB license
Hi all, yesterday, after months of a regular runs, PB60 told me that the 180 days evaluation period has expired. But it has a complete license !!! Is there a way to validate it without reinstalling? In the case, do i need to uninstall vs2005, ce and pb and then reinstall them? -- SteM ...

Goldmine to CRM Migration
Yes some one of our offices has Maximizer in my last message and the other firm we are merging with has Goldmine. We have the data migration tables and most of the Microsoft information on how we should proceed with Goldmine, but does anyone have any experience with this and can provide and tips on what to do and not to do during this process from experience. It would really help out! Thanks again! Shauna there a are a few ways of dealing with Goldmine data. Create your own code - I did this to migrate goldmine 4 data to crm Use the data migration framework use scribe migrate which ha...