passing custom field from lead to account on conversion

We are using CRM 3.0. We have a custom text field in our lead form/entity
which we would like copied to a similar custom field in the account
form/entity when a Lead is converted into an Account, Contact, Opportunity.

Would someone be able to explain how to do this?

Many thanks

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to add a mapping on the relationship between Lead and the other
objects.  This is done through the customization.  Open the lead, then got o
the relationships tab, find the one tied to the right objet and edit it.
The mappings are on the relationship.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"DMcL" <DMcL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
We are using CRM 3.0. We have a custom text field in our lead form/entity
which we would like copied to a similar custom field in the account
form/entity when a Lead is converted into an Account, Contact, Opportunity.

Would someone be able to explain how to do this?

Many thanks

0
Matt
3/3/2006 12:26:43 AM
Hi Matt,
thanks for your help but the relationships seem to act between entities.
I can't see how to map the individual attributes of any entity.

Does the mapping work automatically for attributes which are named
identically?

If so I might have an issue because the attribute on the lead was a CRM1.2
customisation and I hadn't added the same attribute to the account before the
upgrade and the CRM 3.0 attributes have "new_" added to the schema name. Can
I rename the old attribute in the lead without losing data?

Would you be able to clarify how this works?

Thanks
David
"Matt Parks" wrote:

> You need to add a mapping on the relationship between Lead and the other
> objects.  This is done through the customization.  Open the lead, then got o
> the relationships tab, find the one tied to the right objet and edit it.
> The mappings are on the relationship.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "DMcL" <DMcL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are using CRM 3.0. We have a custom text field in our lead form/entity
> which we would like copied to a similar custom field in the account
> form/entity when a Lead is converted into an Account, Contact, Opportunity.
>
> Would someone be able to explain how to do this?
>
> Many thanks

if you go into the lead - account mapping, look on the side for
mappings within the properties of the relationship.

Also make sure the relationship type of the one you are looking at is
referential

0
DerekH
3/7/2006 1:17:24 AM
Many thanks Derek, I've found it now

"DerekH" wrote:

> if you go into the lead - account mapping, look on the side for
> mappings within the properties of the relationship.
>
> Also make sure the relationship type of the one you are looking at is
> referential

NT Account management
Looking for a software tool to manage/administer logon accounts on 300+ networked NON-DOMAIN NT servers. ...

How do I sort a listbox by field
I have a listbox that I've populaed using the row source SELECT DISTINCTROW [FirstName] & " " & [LastName] AS Name, Personnel.Email, Personnel.[Voice Part], Personnel.LastName, Personnel.FirstName FROM Personnel WHERE (((Personnel.Email) Is Not Null) AND ((Personnel.Status)="Active")) ORDER BY Personnel.LastName, Personnel.FirstName; I have three columns and I would like to be able to sort by the columns. In other words, sort by Name, then later sort by Email or [Voice Part]. I've seen a bunch of examples and tried them but nothing seems to ...

Is It Possible To Pass Parameters to A Pass Through Query
My assumption is that's it's not. At work I use ODBC to connect to our oracle database with Access 2003. There are cases where using a pass through query runs much much faster and I then use it in a make table query to make a local table. In access you can use brackets [] to have it ask for input. May I assume there is no way to do anything like that in a pass through query? Create a PassThrough query and use code to assign the SQL to this query filtering it with a parameter, and then run it e.g Dim MyVariable As Integer MyVariable = InputBox("Please select a Number&quo...

Pass multiple selected values from list box to table
How do I pass multiple selected values from a list box to a table? I've found code to use the values as criteria in a query but would now like to store the values in a table (at least temporarily) thanks in advance. jack Pass selected values from a list box to a table? I don't really think you want to do this. Can you describe more about what you are trying to accomplish? You just store raw data in a table. You don't store manipulated data in a table. Maybe you need a query to do what you want to do... -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indi...

Saving customized toolbars?
Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot and Excel's Excel.xlb) that holds Publisher's toolbars? I have Publisher 2000. Tx. There isn't a customized toolbar menu for Publisher 2000. There are a few options, but nothing important enough to backup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam.com> wrote in message news:45akl1lh36qjejkk01st55sb709qtn5inn@4ax.com... > Is there a file we can back up (like Word's normal.dot an...

Why the need for the SA account?
I'm an IT Director and we're in the process of deploying Dynamics GP. Contrary to virtually every other security recommendation coming out of MS, my integrator says that GP requires use of the SA account. Is this accurate? I'm astounded. Thanks, -Matt Matt, Not Exactly, a System Administrator user is required to create database objects and users, therefore GP installation creates a user called DYNSA (Dynamics System Administrator) which has administrative privileges on SQL and the access will be limited only for Dynamics Databases. You can use this user to replace SA u...

Can I Edit the From Field?
I now receive my voice mail in the forum of email messages with attached wav files. The "from" field is the generic address of the voice mail system. I would like to be able to edit the from field and change it to the name of the person who left the voice mail, so that I can find it later if I need to. If the answer is not possible, I'd like to hear suggestions about the best way to handle this. I know there are other ways I could handle this such as assigning the email to a contact, The issue though is that I would like whatever method I use to work whether I keep the...

Outlook Customization
When I try to customize outlook today, I clip the tab titled Customize Outlook Today but nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix? If this is Outlook 2000, the following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:021401c3cc0d$314da880$a601280a...

Calc field causing data loss in report....
Hi, Wasn't sure whether to post this in "Queries" or "Reports" so I opted for "General Q". Apologies if wrong. I'm having a problem with a report. Well it is more like 2 queries and a report. The issue is that when I put a calculated field in the "Report Footer" I loose half the data. Here is an outline of what I am doing (these aren't the actual fieldnames, I have used fieldnames here that I hope are self explanatory for format & data type etc). The data fields in the report are as follows: VehicleRegistrationNumber, ...

who is the customer on cases
Looking for best practices on who should be designated the customer on cases in the "customer" field on the general information tab for a case. What are users doing? Are you designating the actual company or the individual who reported the issue. What are the pros and cons of your chosen business process. Dear MBV, I have always designated the CONTACT as the Case customer for the simple fact you are getting 2 references for the price of one. If you use ACCOUNT, you only have a relationship from the Case to a Company. If you use CONTACT, you have a relationship between the...

Customer relationship
Is there anyway to create a relationship between a customer and a custom entity? Yes, simply goto "Settings" --> "Customization" --> "Customize Entities". Choose "Contact" then "Relationships". Click "New 1-to-Many" or "New Many-to-1" depending on the type of relationship you want to create... -- Best regards Casper Jensen CRM Extensions www.crmextensions.com "Saira" wrote: > Is there anyway to create a relationship between a customer and a custom > entity? > > > Or, there is ...

User Defined Fields
Hi There I am currently evaluating MC CRM for my organization. One important feature that I am looking for is the ability to add user defined fields to forms WITHOUT programming. Is this possible? Can someone please tell me how? I have discovered that you can customize forms, but only with fields that are already in the DB. Any help or direction is appreciated. (I am using CRM 1.2) Thanks in advance You can add new fields via the Schema Maager utility within Deployment manager. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------...

row fields in pivot tables
I was wondering if you could answer a question about formating information on Pivot Table spreadsheets in Excel. You know how one can alloacte column headings in the pivot table layout to either Page , Row, Column, or Data. Well, when you assign more than one column heading to Row it creates a hierarchy of levels on different rows. How does one get it not to do this so you can have this information on the same row? Please reply when you get a chance. Thank you. Best Wishes, Saeed I don't think you can and still keep it a pivottable. I copy the sheet and then fix that up the w...

How to pass an object from C++
Hello! We have a C# asp.net web application that is using a COM dll We use the tlbimp to be able to use the COM dll from C# asp.net web application The method InitRules shown below is located in the COM dll. It can be seen below the text Original. Method InitRules below is called from C# but we want to pass an object of type Handle_DS in addition to all the other parameters. You can see the modified InitRules below marked Modified Note the object of type Handle_DS is a C++ object that is created from C# asp.net application and pass into the InitRules I have also copied the whole idl fil...

100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itreal
100% Passing Guaranteed in All I.T. Exams/Certifications at 1st Attempt Hi Friends, To pass all types of I.T Exams/Certifications with mind blowing results in 1st attempt just visit http://www.itrealexams.com/ and get real time Q&As, Brain Dumps, Real Exams, Study material, E-Books, Video Exams and Labs for your all type of I.T Certification Exams. ...

Using Replace to add CR/LF's to memo fields
I'm importing data into access memo fields. Have had trouble importing directly and preserving CR/LF's. So, I replaced the CR/LF's in the source data with a token, imported, and then used the replace function to substitute Chr(10) and Chr(13) for the token. When I view the data in a datasheet or access form, while there are line breaks, there are also bar characters on either side of the breaks. If, however, I hit the "enter" key in a memo field on an access form, there are obviously no such unreadable characters. What am I doing wrong? Hard to give you any p...

how to set up automatic copy for email i send to another account
My account manager always forget to copy me when he sends an email from outlook 2007, How can i set outlook to auto copy me when he send an email? He can configure a rule in Outlook to send each outgoing message as a CC to you. Tools-> Rules and Alerts... To do this as a BCC see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/createbccrule.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- &qu...

Excel 2000 Custom Menu Item
I'm running Excel 2000. When I start Excel another Menu item is inserted called Data Warehouse. This item attaches to an SQL database that allows user to select columns for retreival. I need to make some changes to menu item. How do I view the VBA code for this menu item? How does it get loaded when Excel starts? How can I in Excel find out where the code is being loaded from? Thanks ...

deleting a customer
Hello: I know that if a customer has a zero balance due, current-year or previous-year transactions, and any unposted transactions that the customer cannot be deleted. But, if you remove transaction history, period history, journal history, and distribution history for that customer, can you then delete that customer? Thanks! childofthe1980s If they have no history or open transactions and their balance is $0, you should be able to delete them. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I know that if a customer has a zero balance due, curren...

IT CertificationzzzZ.....100% GUARANTEED PASS.......!!!@!!!
IT CertificationzzzZ.....100% GUARANTEED PASS.......!!!@!!! Hi guys, If you are serious about your professional career and pass IT Certification exam in first attempt then Visit http://www.FreeExamKing.com and get latest Questions And Answers Dumps for Microsoft, Oracle, Cisco, CompTIA and many more, i have used and found it very helpful. ...

Parameter based on Date Field
I have a customer table with a Date of Birth field. I want to be able to prompt a user to enter a begin and end date to print out birthday letters based solely on the user entering the begin birth month and day and the end birth month and day, and not the year. How can this be done? On May 8, 1:26 pm, dh1069 <dh1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a customer table with a Date of Birth field. I want to be able to > prompt a user to enter a begin and end date to print out birthday letters > based solely on the user entering the begin birth month and day and the end ...

Item Price List Maintenance Percent Field
In the Item Price List Maintenance there is a field to add a percent in. I am trying to build a smart list that will give me this percent, but I am unable to get the out come I wish. I did find a tech article that says "the Percent field is stored in the UOMPRICE field of the Item Price List (IV00108) table." When I look at the Item Maintenance Card Part A does not have a Standard Cost, but it has a Current cost and it has a List Price. When I go into the Item Price List Maintenance there is a percent in the percent field. When I look at the Item Maintenance Card Part B doe...

Passing data between forms
Hi I am working on a project someone else started, and he has this code: If STR_FormName = "FMS_ToDo" Then Page47.SetFocus He obviously expects the name of the last form to be here, but it is not. In fact, when I put Option Explicit at the top - this field was undefined. How is this supposed to work? Stapes ...

Read-Only Fields possible?
Quick question. Can a field customization be made read- only on a per-field basis in MSCRM? If so, can an existing customized field be changed to be read-only? If "yes" to all of the above, can you point me to the appropriate reference to do so? Thanks in advance for any and all responses. You cannot make fields read only in standard CRM. However i believe you can attempt a hack which may solve the issue for you. Scan this group and you may find it. It wouls be an unsupported change however "Erik Dudley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Custom field for Opportunity
I'd like to create a drop down field for Opportunities. I'd like to be able to select the product/service area that the Opportunity is for. Then I want to create a Workflow rule that can check for the condition of the drop down field and send a specific product/service email template for the service area selected. Is this possible? Or am I asking too much from CRM? John ...