Parent Campaign Look-up

Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me with this one..

Is it possible to change the 'Look For' options that are available when
using look-up fields, ideally by creating a new view?

My company runs a considerable number of marketing campaigns, so when we
update the contact campaign activity entity and click on the 'Parent
Campaign' look-up button we are only able to select 'Campaign' or 'Quick
Campaign' from the 'Look For' drop down menu.

The problem with this is that we are then provided with an enormous list of
open and closed campaigns, when all we want to see are the open campaigns.

Thanks
Nathan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi
You can find the solution at
http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/2006/12/filter-data-in-crm-lookup-field.html

Here you can set the filter and get only active records.

--
Regards
--

Blog: http://mscrmpoint.spaces.live.com
Mail: mayank.agrawal@yahoo.com

"Nathan" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Hopefully someone can help me with this one..
>
> Is it possible to change the 'Look For' options that are available when
> using look-up fields, ideally by creating a new view?
>
> My company runs a considerable number of marketing campaigns, so when we
> update the contact campaign activity entity and click on the 'Parent
> Campaign' look-up button we are only able to select 'Campaign' or 'Quick
> Campaign' from the 'Look For' drop down menu.
>
> The problem with this is that we are then provided with an enormous list of
> open and closed campaigns, when all we want to see are the open campaigns.
>
> Thanks
> Nathan

Workflow Error "The Parent is Not Valid"
I have a custom Entity that will not permit me to create a Task associated to it through Workflow. When I run a Workflow to create a Task I get the error message, "The Parent is Not Valid". When I look at Workflow Monitor the Workflow is paused on that particular Task. However, when I go back into Apply Rule the Workflow rule is still available to be run again??? Which would seem to indicate that the Workflow had been completed or was never run. I can manually create a Task associated with the Entity. I can also create phone call and e-mail Activities through Workflow with no errors...

Multiple parent nodes
I'm creating an xml file from some data and I'm geting repeating parent nodes in the xml file. Not sure where I'm going wrong? <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <MyTestData xmlns="http://www.mytestdata.com/list_data.xsd"> <Wigets> <Wiget>Muffler Bearing</Wiget> </Wigets> <Wigets> <Wiget>5 gallons of prop wash</Wiget> </Wigets> <Wigets> <Wiget>gonkalator armature</Wiget> </Wigets> <Gizmos> <Gizmo>hole-mover</Gizmo> ...

owner draw bitmap button, sloppy looking bitblt
My ownerdraw button class has three states: up, mouse over, and down. Sometimes -- but not always -- the transition between states produces an ugly flicker. What causes this and how can I remove it? Thanks. > Sometimes -- but not always -- the transition between states produces an > ugly flicker. What causes this and how can I remove it? To answer my own question, implementing OnEraseBkgnd so it does nothing fixes the problem. BOOL CSkinButton::OnEraseBkgnd(CDC* pDC) { // TODO: Add your message handler code here and/or call default return FALSE; //return CButton::OnEraseBkgnd...

Off Topic First look Office 2010
Off Topic First look Office 2010 In a different list many people expressed that they have difficulties in down loading the ebook "Firstlook Office 2010" published by Microsoft. I was able to get it, of course with some difficulty. For the benefit of others....I have uploaded the same to yousendit. Here is the link. http://rcpt.yousendit.com/791702352/e1911e9fc6d8b04bca9f92ff5bebe5e4 Those who want it may download it. It will be there there for 7 more days only seena Spammer can't even get the right newsgroup. "Srinivasulu B" <bhattarams@gmail.com...

Parent Folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I go in parent folder from dialog box in easy way? The current file is in a folder. I want open another file but it is in parental folder. I click on File/Open and I can see the current folder. But there is not easy way to get to parental folder. I have to follow all the path from Document folder or root folder On 10/1/09 4:04 AM, in article 59b7daac.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com" <Osvaldo_Barbarisi@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating Sys...

Take a look at that correction pack from the M$
--gbsnwxezpkfe Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="psodpwtsasihwdzwl"; type="multipart/alternative" --psodpwtsasihwdzwl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qyfcagenldqp" --qyfcagenldqp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabi...

How a child dialog pass the value back to a parent dialog??
Very new to VC++ and have problems with the above question. thanks My parent dialog will open the child dialog. I would like to edit some values in the child dialog and upon clicking the ok button, will load the new data back to the parent dialog. And I have done the following but not sure where I have gone wrong. PLEASE HELP! //Parent Dialog: cpp file BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CStartupDlg, CDialog) ..... ON_MESSAGE(UWM_SET_INFOPROPERTYX, OnSetInfoPropertyX) //}}AFX_MSG_MAP ..... END_MESSAGE_MAP() LRESULT CStartupDlg::OnSetInfoPropertyX(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam)...

What tool to use to customise the look of portal server?
Hi all I usually use Front page to create a website / web page. Now I just install Portal Server 2003 and wish to customise the look and feel of the site. It look me ages to manage to have the search works (re-install the system about 5 times!) Now I want to customise the look but I am not sure whether using front page is the way to do as I saw some posts which some people mentioned the malfunctions of the search after using Frontpage to customise their page. My questions are 1. Is this the case? 2. If so what could be the alternative package to use to customise the page in Portal Server? ...

Call a procedure in a parent form from a subform
Hi, I am trying to call the Display_Event procedure in my parent form of frmMemberInfo from an event in a subform. I read the following link and tried it, but I could not get it to work. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=call+parent+&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access.formscoding&p=1&tid=efc2bfbe-c1c3-4a77-ba03-84517b143833 Here is the following lines of code that I tried in my sub-form and the error I received for each: frmMemberInfo.Display_Event ("frmMemberInfo_sf.cbRptHi...

looking for answers
OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module kernall32.dll at 0167:bff776d4 looking for some help to solve this problem Ron Fritz Rbfritz6@aol.com ...

CTreeCtrl: shift parent into children
Hi, I need to insert a new root item (say A) and shift the old one to children group. Just like this (order does matter): before: +B |-----C |-----D |-----E after: +A |-----B |-----C |-----D |-----E Is there any elegant way to do this? Or it just gonna be a boring routine: inserting new child, looping through branch, substituting items captions? Thanks, --Peter I dont seen anything other than the boring routine that you mentioned. You dont have to move all elements down. Just insert a new element at the required location, get caption from root of the tree and then change its caption....

Customizing "Convert Campaign Response"
We have created custom Fields in the Campaign Response entity that we would like to populate on the Lead Entity when we do a conversion. However it doesn't seem like this is possible from the Data Map. Is there a way to modify what fields are carried forward during a conversion, or do I need to find a different method? Thank you in advance. Hi, As I had some time left, I tried to figure this one out. To my surprise I can't find ANY direct link between a converted campaign response and a new lead. There is only an indirect link, through the campaign entity. But that does not ...

Not the answer I was looking for... ;-)
Of course I did not read the Cisco Requirement when I was upgrade Microsoft Office 2007. ;-) I had a corporate Meetingplace solution that worked with my Outlook 2003. and upgraded to Office 2007 hoping that I would get more functionality and I did but at the same time I lost some. Will there be an upgrade/update of MeetingPlace so it works in the future or does Cisco and Microsoft have issues with each other? Johan <Johan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Of course I did not read the Cisco Requirement when I was upgrade > Microsoft Office 2007. ;-) > > I had a c...

Direct Email vs Quick Campaign
I have sent an email to my hotmail from CRM webclient using the direct email. It went to my junk mail. I sent an email to my hotmail from Quick Campaign and it did NOT go to my quick campaign. I sent the exact same email to my hotmail from Outlook and it did not go to junk mail. Obviously it is not the sender's email or domain or body of the email that is causing the issue. Why are direct emails being junked and not quick campaigns? Can this be avoided? ...

Looking for CRM contractor
Our Phoenix based company installed CRM 3.0 over a year ago and besides using the standard features for managing clients and leads we have not been able to move it to the next level for marketing, sales and service management (including workflow processes). We are now ready to commit resources and time to this endeavor and are actively seeking a contractor to meet these needs. Any help from the group in articulating our needs and identifying possible applicants will be appreciated. Scott Charters MorePro Marketing p.s. Other than simple field and form editing our in-house staff is l...

Looking for a formula
I have the following problem and looking for a formula a1 = price a2 = cost a3 = proposed cost a4 = percentage rate I would like to calculate my proposed cost which is a1*a4. However, if the real cost in a2 is > a3 I would like to have a3 = a2 as I would want to carry over the real cost. Thanks for your help. Gerd =if(a2>a1*a4,a2,a1*a4) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gerd <gerd.goebel@nospambavarian-cons.com> wrote in message news:uCKjd9YwDHA.1576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have the following problem and looking for a formula > > a1 = price > a2 = cost > a3 = propo...

Formula to look up left of "." ?
Hi, Anyones suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated. I have a dataset that is in this format 997.46 USD 89.87 USD 3966.40 USD I need to get an output from excel in another column that has 997 89 3966 I believe i should be using a combinations of the LEN and FIND functions, but I have been unsuccessful. Any Ideas? Thanks:) -- austi82110 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ austi82110's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30080 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49760...

How do I put a "green bar look" in my Access 2007 tables?
How do I put a "green bar look" in my Access 2007 tables? "Cajunguy55" <Cajunguy55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I put a "green bar look" in my Access 2007 tables? Short answer: you don't. Long answer: you shouldn't be working directly in the tables unless it is a personal-use, end-user database; you should be using forms and reports that display the information. In reports, the "green bar" effect can be accomplished with code in the report itself. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP ...

Looking for USB Flash Drives with Hardware Write Protection
I am looking for USB Flash drives with hardware write protection, you know the type with the button that you slide to disable writing. It is mainly for software installation and it is prevent virus infections. I need to update the software on it regularly, and DVDs and CDs don't always work. Any recommendations? "vfclists" <vfclists@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:e295d343-dd7a-4a4c-9e7a-e7a2db560885@h9g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... >I am looking for USB Flash drives with hardware write protection, you > know the type with the button that you sli...

How to look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding
I followed the instructions on the excel help page of how look up a value in a list and return multiple corresponding values but somethings not right. I have tried this numerous times in my excel spreadsheet and it does not return any values let alone numerous values. No values will appear unless I go into the insert menu and click function, but then here it will only give me the smallest value, even when there is more than one. Please help asap! Thank you. How about giving us some details? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "123456789" <123456789@discussions.m...

redeploy to parent domain
Hi, We have crm 1.2 running in a subdomain with the AD in the parent domain. now we want to move the crm to the parent domain. I'm using the redeployment wizard. When i try to map the users to the same user i get this massage: The specified user was found but the mapping is invalid. The new mapping was not created. I'm installing using another user than the original installation user. Is there no way to work around this? thanx a lot Hi, Did you get an answer for this one? we are having a similar problem Thanks Isil "Cypress" wrote: > Hi, > > We have cr...

Handling Popup Menu Commands in Parent ?
Hi guys, I have a CWnd-derived child window that has a popup menu (when you right click), I want to handle some (not all) of those menu commands in the parent. I can get the parent to handle them by using GetParent() in TrackPopupMenu() but then the child can't handle any. If it's a big pain I can handle them all in either the child or the parent but maybe it's pretty easy to do ? Thanks. R. I did it like this: // My Cwnd-derived custom view BOOL CLayoutView::OnCmdMsg(UINT nID,int nCode,void* pExtra,AFX_CMDHANDLERINFO* pHandlerInfo) { // let child have first crack at ...

track response from campaign automatically
i create a quick campaign and send email to markteing list. If accounts send reply i did not become automatically a link to the quick campaing - only users with installed crm will insert automatically. Also no different occur if create and actived a campaign responses. Thanks for any help. ...

MDI Parent
I have a MDI Parent Forms I see several Forms in the Parent Form and each must be updated by a timer. Is better to put a timer in any format, or is it better to put a single parent timer on the form, which updates the form in it? Thank you. win wrote: > I have a MDI Parent Forms > > I see several Forms in the Parent Form and each must be updated by a > timer. > > Is better to put a timer in any format, > or is it better to put a single parent timer on the form, which > updates the form in it? Define "better". Assuming you are usin...

Having two parent domain
Hello All: I having two win2kserver with Ex2k both are having different namespace in same site( Two different Parent domian). Can i send and recive messages from each server and all use both GAL. For that i have to make trust and sites. Can any one tell me the proper steps to configure ,y both server. Thanks in advance sudhir Hi James, Exchange 2000 and 2003 cannot Span Forests, and it looks like the Server are not installed in the same Org. At this point your only option is to use the Inter Org Replication Utility. 238573 XADM: Installing, Configuring, and Using the InterOrg Replicati...