Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Is there a way to point CRM contacts to a different folder in Outlook durring
sink?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Copy outlook name cache
We recently migrated users to a new domain. Their new logins on the enw domain basically create a new profile on their local machines. The biggest gripe everyone has is that they don't remember the addresses they email to, they are used to the Outlook name cache. Is there a way to copy them over to the new profile (is there a file where they are stored?)? ...

Reconfigure mail support under Outlook 2000
Trying to change from Internet only to 'Corporate' setting. Help file says, click tools menu, then options, then mail services tab. I don't have a mail services tab, just Preferences, Mail Delivery, Mail Format, Spelling, Security, Other. ....am I misreading something? Click on the Mail Delivery tab. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Don...

Lost part of default Outlook 2007 e-mail display
When I used to open Outlook 2007 I saw three separate display areas (in addition to the "to do area" on the far right which I minimized). The display areas were Mail, Inbox, & an area that showed what the e-mail message said with the exception of attachments which were shown as an icon. Today when I started outlook I only had two e-mail areas, the Mail section showing the folder tree & the subject area which has a little envelope on the far left side that must be clicked on in order to see what the e-mail message says. How do I get back the three display areas which i...

outlook can't open #2
I get this message when I try to open outlook..yet I have the most recent version of OE located on my computer. outlook requires Microsoft outlook express 4.01 or greater. you can install outlook express by running iesetup.exe from the ie5 folder located on your cd or through the windows update website. -- Meg Darnell, LMT, CD Director of Alumni Services Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences 212-924-5900 x142 Meg wrote: > I get this message when I try to open outlook..yet I have the most recent > version of OE located on my computer. This newsgroup is for support of Out...

Non specific error on opening Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 Pro system
"Cannot Open Microsoft Outlook. A program error has occurred. Quit Outlook and Windows and then start again." This happens with all profiles on the system. I've repaired Office, reinstalled Office, then uninstalled and reinstalled Office (and redownloaded and applied all patches). It still errors. Other Office apps open just fine. Outlook does connect to the Exchange server, since I can configure services and it recognizes the LAN ID. Any thoughts? Does it start in safe mode, go to Start > Run > type "Outlook /safe" without the quotes "Paula&qu...

Allowing pictures to download in Outlook 2002
My boss is using Outlook 2002 and I can't find this setting: Pictures don't download in his emails In 2003 it's under Tools - Options - Security - Change Automatic Download settings. Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

File path 11-30-07
I developed a assess form from a dbf file converted to a CSV file. I can open the module from my computer or disk or a server but when I copy it to a disk or server and someone else tries to open it is says the path is invalid and it shows the path to my desk top? Why is this happening I never had any issues before. Possibly the connection string is mapped to a different drive on their computer. You can ask your admin to show you how to use a UNC (Universal Naming Convention) path, which looks like: \\Servername\FolderName\FileName.csv -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.c...

Outlook wont allow emails from the net.
Whenever I try to click a mail hyperlink on a web site, my Outlook jumps up with --------------------------- Microsoft Outlook --------------------------- The object could not be found. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- Any ideas how I can resolve this. Im having to copy and paste the email address across I do have a pop up blocker running, but this problem is unrelated, as it was occuring before I installed the GoogleBar (with pop up blocker). Uninstalling Googlebar still leaves me with the same problem. I have no other customisations of IE or outlook. ...

Contacts created in public folders
Hello, Is there a possibility to make contacts that have been created by a user under a Public Folder to appear in the Global address list? Regards, Sol Sol wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a possibility to make contacts that have been created by a > user under a Public Folder to appear in the Global address list? > > Regards, > > Sol No - only AD contacts (and other mail-enabled AD objects) will show up there. You can let users use the PF as an address book, though - have them right-click on it, go to properties, Outlook Address Book tab, and tick the box. ...

Outlook Express accessing mail from two computers and needing to transfer messag
I have a laptop and desktop and have hundreds of OE messages I want to get from one machine to the other. I have tried backing up and copying but OE wont recognise the files. is there a simple way other than re emailing all the files from one machine and then reading them on the other? Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in...

CRM 4.0 for Outlook
We are in the process of implementing CRM 4.0. OUr users are using the CRM for Outlook client with Outlook 2007. One of our users opened some CRM contacts using the Outlook contact interface. She added some categories to the contacts and saved them. She noticed that the icon in her contact list changed from the CRM "two-person" icon to the Outlook "card" icon. The contact is still in CRM. My two questions are: 1. Why did the icon change and how do we change it back? 2. I don't see anyplace for the Outlook categories to be saved in CRM. Where are they saved...

opening emails in Outlook
I have the following message The host 'mail.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D I can retrieve my messages by going to comcast.net but cannot get them on my own computer. I could but two days ago the situation has changed. I did not do anything special in between; did not download, delete or do anything I can recall that would change my email settings. Comcast does ...

Outlook 2000 #132
I recemntly purchased a new computer ant have had no success insttalling the Outlook 2000 file. About midway through installation the instsallation wizard stops and I get a message "Internal Error 2349 please contact support." I have an old Compaq IPAQ 3630 pocket PC and my new system runs Windows XP (HP Media Center Edition). I was able to install it into my old Computer (a Dell)without a problem.I Searched the Microsoft data base without success looking for this "Error 2349". Please advise if any one else has had a similiar problem and how you worked around it?...

Outlook Rules work sporatically
I will try to be thorough, my Outlook rules, work on occasion. The rules are setup up to move emails from my inbox to other personal folders I have created, but at times they work, at times they don't. I have erased all of the rules and recreated them and the problem still persists, any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Corky Is it possible that multiple rules are acting on a single message, producing results that are not what you intended? If so, try adding "stop processing more rules" to your rules and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** ...

Sharing the Outlook Calendar over the web.
hello, I tried the solution below for a user here at work and created an AD account for his wife (without a mailbox) so the wife could logon to their Calendar via OWA. However, when the user goes to share his Calendar and add his wife's account object to give it permissions to the Calendar, the account does not show up in the AD. Then, just to see what would happen, I created an Exchange mailbox for the wife's user account object and was then able to find it in the directory. However, I'd like to hide the wife's account from AD and not give her an Exchange mailbox but ...

Share Contacts to many outlook users
How can you make a Contact in CRM synch to outlook contacts for both the Owner and another user who also wants them in their Outlook contacts list. More than one CRM user talks to the same customers. A couple of things you can do: Ensure that all of the other users who need to see these contacts have the appropriate permissions to see them. This is the first thing you need to do. Second, you are going to want to have each user change the CRM Data options in Outlook. You go to CRM>>>Local Data>>>double click on the "my contacts" advanced find query you see....

Login question through Outlook 2003
When using Outlook 2003, a user is prompted only for a username and password when logging into Outlook to an Exchange 2003 server. However, the user has to put in either their UPN login, user@company.com or the older, DOMAINNAME\username. Is there a way to allow the user to just put in there username, and have either Outlook on the client or the exchange server default to our 1 ADS domain? TIA If the user is logged into the domain, then Outlook will send those credentials to the Exchange Server. Otherwise you will either have to provide the UPN or Domain\Username to give the Exchan...

Can't retain password on one account in Outlook 2002
Hello, I tried all of the procedures that I found online deleting keys in the registry but nothing is working. This is really annoying. Does anyone know the real solution? ...

Reports from outlook
When i run a report from my workstation than he always ask for my credentials. When i logon to the server locally with my credentials then it works. The CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 server are running on the same server. How can I solve the problem that i can run a report from the outlook client? ...

Outlook 2003 email address book question
I am using Outlook 2003. In "Contacts all contacts are listed last name first. However, when I compose an email and click on the "To" button the contacts [e-mail address book] are listed first name first. I don't want this, I want last name first. I have gone into tools/options and checked all of the boxes for last name first but can't get the email address book to change. Is there a solution for this? Tools, Account settings, Address book tab, double click on the outlook address book - set the show names by option to either First Last or to use the File ...

Outlook 2007 locks up when started
Problem 1: Outlook 2007 locks up every time I start it. If I re-start my computer I can open it once, it will be ok, but if I close it and then try to re-open it later, i just get the hourglass and can't do anything else with it. This all started with the problem below. Problem 2: Outlook 2007 downloads my mail from the server, but never displays it anywhere. I checked my filters/trash/etc, but I can't find the messages anywhere. They are on the server (checked through a webmail interface) before outlook starts, and they are gone after outlook downloads them, but I can never find t...

Problem with Outlook 2003 Rules
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_010A_01C4FC7C.D1D555A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having an annoying problem with my rules that are set up in Outlook = 2003. I set up rules for several e-mail accounts to MOVE the email items = to a specific folder, but for some odd reason Outlook always moves a = COPY of the email item to the new folder and leaves the original item in = the main Inbox. And yes, I have double-checked numerous times that the 'Move copy of = item' option is...

Outlook 2002 duplicate email
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002. I setup a POP3 account and everytime I hit send and receive, outlook would download all the mails from the server even if the messages were downloaded before. So if I hit send and receive 5 times, I would get 5 copies of the same email. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue? Paul make sure your advanced settings in the pop mail setup dialog does NOT have a check mark in the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" box "Paul" <paul@rhinofx.com> wrote in message news:02a901c35207$a7ea1350$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am...

Primary Contact
Is there any way to determine who is the Primary Contact by viewing info at the contact level? I want to build a query to give me all the Contacts that are primary contacts. But since I need other Conact info, I'm trying to build the query at the contact level using Advanced Find (or I can use c360 Query Mangaer) in v1.2. At the Account level, the Primary Contact is populated by a lookup. But how to I find who is primary when viewing a contact? Jim the primary is only shown from an account so if you are simply looking at a contact you can only see it is linked to an account but ...

Converting email from outlook express to outlook 2003
I recently purchased microsoft office professional edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook express. My email is still going to outlook express. How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Tony <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently purchased microsoft office professional > edition 2003 with outlook 2003. I previously had outlook > express. My email is still going to outlook express. > How do I get it to go to outlook 2003? Set up Outlook. Create your account so that its properties match the account in OE. Then, open your Internet Op...