Outlook Client Is Losing Connection To Microsoft CRM While Online

Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server.

On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied
and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied.

I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from
the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to
Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After
that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to
happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this
point I can still use Outlook to do anything that is not related to Microsoft
CRM. I can also use the Internet Browser client to access Microsoft CRM.

If I reboot the laptop then I can once again access Microsoft CRM through
the Outlook Client for a while.

Any idea as to what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks.

Rick Bellefond
RB Data Services
www.rbdata.com

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Ok, tough one.
Where to look, right?
Well, Wireshark comes to mind. But I would check to see if there are network
problems. What kind of results do you get when you run Netdiag?

How about setspn?

"Rick" wrote:

> Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server.
>
> On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied
> and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied.
>
> I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from
> the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to
> Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After
> that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to
> happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this
> point I can still use Outlook to do anything that is not related to Microsoft
> CRM. I can also use the Internet Browser client to access Microsoft CRM.
>
> If I reboot the laptop then I can once again access Microsoft CRM through
> the Outlook Client for a while.
>
> Any idea as to what is going on and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Rick Bellefond
> RB Data Services
> www.rbdata.com

Curt,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I don't think that it is a network issue as I can still access the Microsoft
CRM by using the web client.  I have also found that if instead of rebooting,
if I just exit Outlook and then then exit the Microsoft CRM Online function
and then run Outlook again that I can then Microsoft CRM from the Outlook
client.

Good one, huh?

Rick

"Curt Spanburgh" wrote:

> Ok, tough one.
> Where to look, right?
> Well, Wireshark comes to mind. But I would check to see if there are network
> problems. What kind of results do you get when you run Netdiag?
>
> How about setspn?
>

> "Rick" wrote:
>
> > Hi. I have Rollup 2 installed on both the Outlook Client and the server.
> >
> > On my laptop, I am running Win XP Pro with SP 2 and all the updates applied
> > and Outlook 2003 with all the updates applied.
> >
> > I am noticing that I seem to be losing the connection to Microsoft CRM from
> > the Outlook Client. Right after I boot my laptop I am able to access to
> > Microsoft CRM from the Outlook Client for between 4 hours to a day. After
> > that if I click on the Accounts, Contacts or Leads folders nothing seems to
> > happen. I have waited up to 10 minutes after clicking and nothing. At this
> > point I can still use Outlook to do anything that is not related to Microsoft
> > CRM. I can also use the Internet Browser client to access Microsoft CRM.
> >
> > If I reboot the laptop then I can once again access Microsoft CRM through
> > the Outlook Client for a while.
> >
> > Any idea as to what is going on and how to fix it?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > Rick Bellefond
> > RB Data Services
> > www.rbdata.com

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Running CRM over a WAN
Anyone out there got this working? Head Office running CRM Server and Exchange 2003 Server. Remote offices access it over a VPN link. But there are problems. Had to configure remote sites as member servers to our main domain. Does CRM Client require a constant active directory connection? If anyone's got any config details on running CRM over a WAN would appreciate these details. Cheers. Steve. MSCRM uses AD for authentication and to check various role privileges and data access privileges. So yes, your users need to be in a domain the CRM server can access or in one with an appr...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Connect to SQL Express 2008 on local machine
Hi all, I am trying to link an Access Database to a SQLExpress 2008 database on my own machine. I can create a DSN that can see, and link to, the System databases (using Windows Authentication), but it can't see / connect to the database that I have created. Do I have to give myself specific permissions to my new database? Thanks - Ray You're lucky. I can't even get Access to connect to sql server at all. I tried with Access XP and sql server 2008, but Access throws a canary and tells me only sql server 2000 databases or earlier are supported. I also tried using Access ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Outlook 2007

outlook #180
How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for birthdays or other events? Thank you, in advance, to anyone that can answer this question. In the reminders box, enter 1w for one week or 7d. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Harvey asked: | How do I set reminders (one week in advance) for | birthdays or other events? | | Thank you, in advance, to anyo...

Spam Confidence Level (SCL) in Outlook 2007 with Exchange 2003
I have just upgraded our client machines to run Outlook 2007 while connecting to an SBS 2003 R2 server. I can no longer access the SCL values. I have tried a number of suggestions found on the web but nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a working solution for this configuration. Thanks Using the CFG to create the custom field? It seems to work for some and not others. I'm not sure why that is, but after an odd experience with one of the other CFG's I have, I thought of the SCL form and wondered if its something with the folders its installed in. [1] Beyond this...