Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up

Hello,

I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error :

Symptom 4
When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive
the following error message:
An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook.
Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log:
Event: 16941
A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart
Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=.
Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322.

I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solution delivered is for
3.0. The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll" does not
exist in crm 4 and also the virtual directory mentioned in the text is non
existent.

HELP!!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Were you able to successfully install the CRM 4.0 client with no errors, Open
Outlook and select the Configuration button?  If so, the below might help you.

I received an error when I attempted to complete the Outlook Client
configuration process although the installation piece went fine.  I was able
to resolve the error by taking the following steps:

Close Outlook
Using explore go to the users application data --> microsoft --> outlook
Find the file named outcmd.dat
Rename the file
Open Outlook and it should work fine if this is the issue

Regards

"W. Groothand" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error :
>
> Symptom 4
> When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive
> the following error message:
> An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook.
> Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log:
> Event: 16941
> A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart
> Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=.
> Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322.
>
> I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solution delivered is for
> 3.0. The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll" does not
> exist in crm 4 and also the virtual directory mentioned in the text is non
> existent.
>
> HELP!!
0
Donna (199)
6/27/2008 5:21:00 PM
Donna,

thx for you reaction.

Just tried it out, this was not the problem I think that the problem occurs
on the server side. But I cannot detect why.

Hope anyone else does??

"Donna" wrote:

> Were you able to successfully install the CRM 4.0 client with no errors, Open
> Outlook and select the Configuration button?  If so, the below might help you.
>
> I received an error when I attempted to complete the Outlook Client
> configuration process although the installation piece went fine.  I was able
> to resolve the error by taking the following steps:
>
> Close Outlook
> Using explore go to the users application data --> microsoft --> outlook
> Find the file named outcmd.dat
> Rename the file
> Open Outlook and it should work fine if this is the issue
>
> Regards
>
> "W. Groothand" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error :
> >
> > Symptom 4
> > When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive
> > the following error message:
> > An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook.
> > Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log:
> > Event: 16941
> > A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart
> > Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=.
> > Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322.
> >
> > I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solution delivered is for
> > 3.0. The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll" does not
> > exist in crm 4 and also the virtual directory mentioned in the text is non
> > existent.
> >
> > HELP!!
Hi,

I've had the exact same problem. The solution to rename outcmd.dat did not
help for me either. I even tried creating a new outlook profile, deleting all
outlook temp files, but nothing worked.
I had it fixed by uninstalling my office, cleanup all leftovers in program
files and registry and then reinstalling office/outlook. Since then it worked
like a charm.

Another workaround which worked for me, but I didn't like, is to install the
outlook addin in advanced mode so you are able to use the offline database.
Miraculous, this install type did not have the startup problem and worked
fine, but I didn't like the extra workload of the sql express database on my
system.

Hope this helps you out.
Michiel.

"W. Groothand" wrote:

> Donna,
>
> thx for you reaction.
>
> Just tried it out, this was not the problem I think that the problem occurs
> on the server side. But I cannot detect why.
>
> Hope anyone else does??
>
> "Donna" wrote:
>
> > Were you able to successfully install the CRM 4.0 client with no errors, Open
> > Outlook and select the Configuration button?  If so, the below might help you.
> >
> > I received an error when I attempted to complete the Outlook Client
> > configuration process although the installation piece went fine.  I was able
> > to resolve the error by taking the following steps:
> >
> > Close Outlook
> > Using explore go to the users application data --> microsoft --> outlook
> > Find the file named outcmd.dat
> > Rename the file
> > Open Outlook and it should work fine if this is the issue
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > "W. Groothand" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error :
> > >
> > > Symptom 4
> > > When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive
> > > the following error message:
> > > An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook.
> > > Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log:
> > > Event: 16941
> > > A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart
> > > Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=.
> > > Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322.
> > >
> > > I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solution delivered is for
> > > 3.0. The "C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll" does not
> > > exist in crm 4 and also the virtual directory mentioned in the text is non
> > > existent.
> > >
> > > HELP!!
0
Michiel (5)
7/1/2008 7:37:04 AM
Hi Michiel,

Did you install all of the latest Outlook patch? Try to disable all of
your Sync rule to see if you still geting the error message. If you
disable the sync rule and gets the error, you have to look into
Outlook and the Addin.dll.

If you disable the sync rule and you didn't get any error, you
probably need to install the outlook patch? Do you have any contact
that you trying to sync to your address book had birthdates before
7/1/1970?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Jul 1, 2:37=A0am, Michiel <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've had the exact same problem. The solution to rename outcmd.dat did not=

> help for me either. I even tried creating a new outlook profile, deleting =
all
> outlook temp files, but nothing worked.
> I had it fixed by uninstalling my office, cleanup all leftovers in program=

> files and registry and then reinstalling office/outlook. Since then it wor=
ked
> like a charm.
>
> Another workaround which worked for me, but I didn't like, is to install t=
he
> outlook addin in advanced mode so you are able to use the offline database=
..
> Miraculous, this install type did not have the startup problem and worked
> fine, but I didn't like the extra workload of the sql express database on =
my
> system.
>
> Hope this helps you out.
> Michiel.
>

> "W. Groothand" wrote:
> > Donna,
>
> > thx for you reaction.
>
> > Just tried it out, this was not the problem I think that the problem occ=
urs
> > on the server side. But I cannot detect why.
>
> > Hope anyone else does??
>
> > "Donna" wrote:
>
> > > Were you able to successfully install the CRM 4.0 client with no error=
s, Open
> > > Outlook and select the Configuration button? =A0If so, the below might=
 help you.

> > > I received an error when I attempted to complete the Outlook Client
> > > configuration process although the installation piece went fine. =A0I =
was able
> > > to resolve the error by taking the following steps:
>
> > > Close Outlook
> > > Using explore go to the users application data --> microsoft --> outlo=
ok
> > > Find the file named outcmd.dat
> > > Rename the file
> > > Open Outlook and it should work fine if this is the issue
>
> > > Regards

 Restart

darrenliu (251)
7/2/2008 5:13:29 AM
Hi,

as I have solved the issue by reinstalling outlook, I cannot really answer
your questions. I did however install the latest updates (no hotfixes) for
outlook and tried to disable other outlook add-ins but without any luck.
Strange thing is that it did work with the offline version of the outlook
client, but not with the online version.

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi Michiel,
>
> Did you install all of the latest Outlook patch? Try to disable all of
> your Sync rule to see if you still geting the error message. If you
> disable the sync rule and gets the error, you have to look into
> Outlook and the Addin.dll.
>
> If you disable the sync rule and you didn't get any error, you
> probably need to install the outlook patch? Do you have any contact
> that you trying to sync to your address book had birthdates before
> 7/1/1970?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Jul 1, 2:37 am, Michiel <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've had the exact same problem. The solution to rename outcmd.dat did not
> > help for me either. I even tried creating a new outlook profile, deleting all
> > outlook temp files, but nothing worked.
> > I had it fixed by uninstalling my office, cleanup all leftovers in program
> > files and registry and then reinstalling office/outlook. Since then it worked
> > like a charm.
> >
> > Another workaround which worked for me, but I didn't like, is to install the
> > outlook addin in advanced mode so you are able to use the offline database..
> > Miraculous, this install type did not have the startup problem and worked
> > fine, but I didn't like the extra workload of the sql express database on my
> > system.
> >
> > Hope this helps you out.
> > Michiel.
> >

> > "W. Groothand" wrote:
> > > Donna,
> >
> > > thx for you reaction.
> >
> > > Just tried it out, this was not the problem I think that the problem occurs
> > > on the server side. But I cannot detect why.
> >
> > > Hope anyone else does??

Michiel (5)
7/2/2008 6:49:01 AM
I've installed the offline client. This worked fine. We are still
investigating the problem over here. I will return if we find such a
solution.

Best regards,

Wilco

"Michiel" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I have solved the issue by reinstalling outlook, I cannot really answer
> your questions. I did however install the latest updates (no hotfixes) for
> outlook and tried to disable other outlook add-ins but without any luck.
> Strange thing is that it did work with the offline version of the outlook
> client, but not with the online version.
>

> "Darren Liu" wrote:
>
> > Hi Michiel,
> >
> > Did you install all of the latest Outlook patch? Try to disable all of
> > your Sync rule to see if you still geting the error message. If you
> > disable the sync rule and gets the error, you have to look into
> > Outlook and the Addin.dll.
> >
> > If you disable the sync rule and you didn't get any error, you
> > probably need to install the outlook patch? Do you have any contact
> > that you trying to sync to your address book had birthdates before
> > 7/1/1970?
> >
> > Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> > Crowe
> > http://www.crowecrm.com
> >

> > On Jul 1, 2:37 am, Michiel <Mich...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've had the exact same problem. The solution to rename outcmd.dat did not
> > > help for me either. I even tried creating a new outlook profile, deleting all
> > > outlook temp files, but nothing worked.
> > > I had it fixed by uninstalling my office, cleanup all leftovers in program
> > > files and registry and then reinstalling office/outlook. Since then it worked
> > > like a charm.
> > >
> > > Another workaround which worked for me, but I didn't like, is to install the
> > > outlook addin in advanced mode so you are able to use the offline database..
> > > Miraculous, this install type did not have the startup problem and worked
> > > fine, but I didn't like the extra workload of the sql express database on my
> > > system.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps you out.
> > > Michiel.

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Running CRM over a WAN
Anyone out there got this working? Head Office running CRM Server and Exchange 2003 Server. Remote offices access it over a VPN link. But there are problems. Had to configure remote sites as member servers to our main domain. Does CRM Client require a constant active directory connection? If anyone's got any config details on running CRM over a WAN would appreciate these details. Cheers. Steve. MSCRM uses AD for authentication and to check various role privileges and data access privileges. So yes, your users need to be in a domain the CRM server can access or in one with an appr...

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Outlook & Entourage

Query Builder Error: Unexpected Error
I am working with 1.2. I tried to print all cases for an account. When I leave the bullet on 'all pages', and then click the 'print' icon, I receive an error. ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007