Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm

Hello,

I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C).
I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create
a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon.  After
creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on
the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message
"This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM".  If I go back
in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using
Outlook 2003, then everything works fine.  Does Outlook 2007 use a different
format that isn't supported by CRM 3.0?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hello,

The V3C client uses a custom MAPI store instead of .PST files.

Best regards,

Merijn van Mourik

"Philippe" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C).
> I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create
> a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon.  After
> creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on
> the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message
> "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM".  If I go back
> in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using
> Outlook 2003, then everything works fine.  Does Outlook 2007 use a different
> format that isn't supported by CRM 3.0?  Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks!
Merijn,

You may not have all of the required privileges for using CRM Appointments.
Generally, if you do not see an option in the CRM menu it is because of
privileges (not the only thing, just the most common).

Find out what Security Role, you have, open your user from the CRM Web
Application (look under the Roles item).  OPen the associated Security Role
and navigate to the Core Records tab and verify that the Activity line has
all of the privileges active to some degree (your system administrator could
have this locked down.)(

Hope this helps...

--
Arne Marquez
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

"Merijn van Mourik" <MerijnvanMourik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:07E9251D-88CA-4B73-8AFF-41655202FE88@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> The V3C client uses a custom MAPI store instead of .PST files.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Merijn van Mourik
>
> "Philippe" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client
>> (V3C).
>> I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to
>> create
>> a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon.  After
>> creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and
>> click on
>> the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following
>> message
>> "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM".  If I go
>> back
>> in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was
>> using
>> Outlook 2003, then everything works fine.  Does Outlook 2007 use a
>> different
>> format that isn't supported by CRM 3.0?  Any help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks!

0
Arne

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Running CRM over a WAN
Anyone out there got this working? Head Office running CRM Server and Exchange 2003 Server. Remote offices access it over a VPN link. But there are problems. Had to configure remote sites as member servers to our main domain. Does CRM Client require a constant active directory connection? If anyone's got any config details on running CRM over a WAN would appreciate these details. Cheers. Steve. MSCRM uses AD for authentication and to check various role privileges and data access privileges. So yes, your users need to be in a domain the CRM server can access or in one with an appr...

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

Outlook & Entourage

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

ActiveX spreadsheet control problem
Hi! Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as multi line? I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control but it was always converged into one line. appreciate your help! Eli Try with some text in cell A1 Range("A1").WrapText = True -- Jacob "אלי" wrote: > Hi! > > Is it possible to assign cell in a spreadsheet control on a userform as > multi line? > I tried several times to copy multi line strings into a spreadsheet control > but it was always converged int...

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8
I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me). For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too common and not related to a specific site or sites. So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't want t...

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003

Outlook 2007

custom paper size problem
I have to create a custom envelope size for a client. I know how to do it via the windows printers dialogs. That's no biggie. But when I distribute the client mdb out to his workstations, do I need to (or have him do it) create the same one on each workstation or is there code I can write in ms access (2k) that can create a new printer form (I've searched and cannot find anything)? I can see that if we have to do this manually it's going to be a problem every time they set up a new machine. Thanks, Keith Never mind. As I work on this part of this project I'm realizing that...