Outlook 2003/CRM 3.0 Error

Hi,

I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a clean
Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up
went ok, no problems.
I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the server.
And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com
However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop
client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error
message when I open Outlook:
"There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the server
might be unavailable. Try again later."
I have tried some of the solutions posted by other users who have had this
problem, such as:
1. uninstalling the Outlook client and finding and deleting the MSCRM.PST
file <-file didn't exist
2. check that the name you have registered with the Outlook client for the
server is the same name that returns if you do a
nslookup for the server from the client machine. <- How do you change the
registered name? Not sure where to look!
3. suggestion on enabling both Kerberos and NTLM authentication found at
http://www.customereffective.com/interior.asp?n=7&p=0&s=7&x=14

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ben

0
benb
10/4/2006 1:04:48 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,

If memory serves me right you have to do the following:

Open "Internet Explorer" then "Tools" and then "Internet Options"

Select "Security" then either "local Intranet" or "Trusted Sites"
(Sorry i cant remember which exactly it was ages ago when i had this
error)

either way add to the sites list your CRM server address E.G.
http://crm.domain.com

Then edit the "Custom Level" security so that the section "User
Authentication" at the bottom is set to "Log On using current username
and password"

This should resolve the problem

Cheers

Aaron

benb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a clean
> Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up
> went ok, no problems.
> I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the server.
> And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com
> However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop
> client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error
> message when I open Outlook:
> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the server
> might be unavailable. Try again later."
> I have tried some of the solutions posted by other users who have had this
> problem, such as:
> 1. uninstalling the Outlook client and finding and deleting the MSCRM.PST
> file <-file didn't exist
> 2. check that the name you have registered with the Outlook client for the
> server is the same name that returns if you do a
> nslookup for the server from the client machine. <- How do you change the
> registered name? Not sure where to look!
> 3. suggestion on enabling both Kerberos and NTLM authentication found at
> http://www.customereffective.com/interior.asp?n=7&p=0&s=7&x=14
>
> Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> Ben

0
orbosis
10/4/2006 3:52:52 PM
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the reply.

I just found a post with that procedure on, and tried it (it's Local
Intranet by the way), but I still get the same error. I also found the
following KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913509/ which I am currently
trying, re-installing MSXML 4 SP2 hasn't helped, I'm currently uninstalling
the CRM client, ready to re-install.

If you have any other suggestions, please let me know!

Ben

<orbosis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> If memory serves me right you have to do the following:
>
> Open "Internet Explorer" then "Tools" and then "Internet Options"
>
> Select "Security" then either "local Intranet" or "Trusted Sites"
> (Sorry i cant remember which exactly it was ages ago when i had this
> error)
>
> either way add to the sites list your CRM server address E.G.
> http://crm.domain.com
>
> Then edit the "Custom Level" security so that the section "User
> Authentication" at the bottom is set to "Log On using current username
> and password"
>
> This should resolve the problem
>
> Cheers
>
> Aaron
>
> benb wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a
>> clean
>> Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up
>> went ok, no problems.
>> I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the
>> server.
>> And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com
>> However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop
>> client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error
>> message when I open Outlook:
>> "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the
>> server
>> might be unavailable. Try again later."
>> I have tried some of the solutions posted by other users who have had
>> this
>> problem, such as:
>> 1. uninstalling the Outlook client and finding and deleting the MSCRM.PST
>> file <-file didn't exist
>> 2. check that the name you have registered with the Outlook client for
>> the
>> server is the same name that returns if you do a
>> nslookup for the server from the client machine. <- How do you change the
>> registered name? Not sure where to look!
>> 3. suggestion on enabling both Kerberos and NTLM authentication found at
>> http://www.customereffective.com/interior.asp?n=7&p=0&s=7&x=14
>>
>> Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Ben

0
benb
10/4/2006 4:09:31 PM
All,

Finally solved this problem by uninstalling then reinstalling the CRM
client. I also made sure MSXML 4 SP2 was re-installed between the CRM
uninstall/reinstall.

Ben

0
benb

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Running CRM over a WAN
Anyone out there got this working? Head Office running CRM Server and Exchange 2003 Server. Remote offices access it over a VPN link. But there are problems. Had to configure remote sites as member servers to our main domain. Does CRM Client require a constant active directory connection? If anyone's got any config details on running CRM over a WAN would appreciate these details. Cheers. Steve. MSCRM uses AD for authentication and to check various role privileges and data access privileges. So yes, your users need to be in a domain the CRM server can access or in one with an appr...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Outlook & Entourage

Query Builder Error: Unexpected Error
I am working with 1.2. I tried to print all cases for an account. When I leave the bullet on 'all pages', and then click the 'print' icon, I receive an error. ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003