Outlook 2003 & CRM 3.0 connection error after install.

I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the
laptop installation version.  When opening Outlook, I get the error "There is
a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server."  I have tried
uninstall and then reinstall but no luck.  Does anyone have any suggestions
on getting this issue resolved?

Thanks!

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client
will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time).  In my case,
I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was
fine.  To check, just try connecting to the CRM using the web client from
the user's laptop.  If the screen opens, and then closes again, you have a
pop-up blocker enabled.

Dave Ireland

"Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the
> laptop installation version.  When opening Outlook, I get the error "There
> is
> a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server."  I have tried
> uninstall and then reinstall but no luck.  Does anyone have any
> suggestions
> on getting this issue resolved?
>
> Thanks!

0
Dave
1/27/2006 12:55:08 PM
I was able to get the connection working.  I had to add the CRM website to
the Trusted list in IE.  I am puzzled at how this affects an Outlook
connection but it worked.  Thanks for the reply Dave.
Thanks!

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook client
> will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time).  In my case,
> I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it was
> fine.  To check, just try connecting to the CRM using the web client from
> the user's laptop.  If the screen opens, and then closes again, you have a
> pop-up blocker enabled.
>
> Dave Ireland
>

> "Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the
> > laptop installation version.  When opening Outlook, I get the error "There
> > is
> > a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server."  I have tried
> > uninstall and then reinstall but no luck.  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions
> > on getting this issue resolved?
> >
> > Thanks!

good stuff.  yes, it's very tempermental (just like the previous version!) -
it needs to be able to open the web interface without errors, or being
challenged for credentials.

Glad you got it working.

>I was able to get the connection working.  I had to add the CRM website to
> the Trusted list in IE.  I am puzzled at how this affects an Outlook
> connection but it worked.  Thanks for the reply Dave.
> Thanks!
>
> "Dave Ireland" wrote:
>
>> I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook
>> client
>> will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time).  In my
>> case,
>> I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it
>> was
>> fine.  To check, just try connecting to the CRM using the web client from
>> the user's laptop.  If the screen opens, and then closes again, you have
>> pop-up blocker enabled.
>>
>> Dave Ireland
>>

>> "Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using
>> >the
>> > laptop installation version.  When opening Outlook, I get the error
>> > "There
>> > is
>> > a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server."  I have tried
>> > uninstall and then reinstall but no luck.  Does anyone have any
>> > suggestions
>> > on getting this issue resolved?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
Dave
1/27/2006 3:00:20 PM
The Trsusted Sites (or even putting it in the Intranet Zone) is needed to
enable the integrated authentication on the web service requests.
Otherwiese, it basically needs credentials it can't pass due to IE security
settings.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Dave Ireland" wrote:

> I have found that if you have any kind of pop-up blocker, the Outlook
client
> will throw an error like that (after waiting for a long time).  In my
case,
> I disabled the built-in pop-up blocker that comes with XPsp2 and then it
was
> fine.  To check, just try connecting to the CRM using the web client from
> the user's laptop.  If the screen opens, and then closes again, you have a
> pop-up blocker enabled.
>
> Dave Ireland
>

> "Scotty" <Scotty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am having trouble getting Outlook to connect to my crm server using the
> > laptop installation version.  When opening Outlook, I get the error
"There
> > is
> > a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server."  I have tried
> > uninstall and then reinstall but no luck.  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions
> > on getting this issue resolved?
> >
> > Thanks!

0
Matt

Payables Checks Getting Generated With 0 Value
Hello: When we go to build a batch in the "Select Payables Checks" screen (GP8.00g73), the checks get created, but there are also a number of checks getting created with a value of $0. We do not have any invoices in the system for $0, so we are just wondering what we can do to stop this from happening. Every time we have to go through and manually delete 20-30 $0 value checks in order for the batch to post. Is there any way to find out why these checks are getting generated? This happens because there were previously invoices that were paid by manual payment, so ...

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

Running CRM over a WAN
Anyone out there got this working? Head Office running CRM Server and Exchange 2003 Server. Remote offices access it over a VPN link. But there are problems. Had to configure remote sites as member servers to our main domain. Does CRM Client require a constant active directory connection? If anyone's got any config details on running CRM over a WAN would appreciate these details. Cheers. Steve. MSCRM uses AD for authentication and to check various role privileges and data access privileges. So yes, your users need to be in a domain the CRM server can access or in one with an appr...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

Configuring free/busy calendar in Exchange 2003
Does anyone know how to configure the free/busy in Exchange 2003 to publish more than 2 months of calendar free/busy information on the server? I can do it on the client Outlook but I want to change the default from 2 months to 6 months for all users. Free/busy information is used by people sending meeting requests to determine when you are available for meeting. Thanks. --John ...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

excel format errors
whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it takes my value and divides it by 10,000. For example, if I enter 34, it returns .00034. If I enter 34.0, it returns 34. All cells are formatted as General, with no indication of any special formatting applied to them. This has happened not only on my machine but also on several other machines around here. Tools > Options > Edit tab and uncheck the "Fixed Decimals" box. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >whenever I put an integer value in a new worksheet, it >takes my value and divides...

Outlook & Entourage

Query Builder Error: Unexpected Error
I am working with 1.2. I tried to print all cases for an account. When I leave the bullet on 'all pages', and then click the 'print' icon, I receive an error. ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

SQL Server Error when going offline MS CRM 4.0
Hi We have quite a few problems with the MS CRM 4.0 Offline Client. When our customer tries to go offline he gets always an SQL Server Error. When we execute the diag tool it shows us that something is wrong with the sync. After executing the repair it works fine and we can go offline without any troubles. The strange thing is, that it does not work on the next day. Then we get the same error again. The only solution is to execute the repair.... We are working for quite a long time together with ms support, but unfortunately they couldn't help us so far. We also have installed several ...

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Payroll
Has anyone come across the following error message when attempting to import an excel file for payroll? "Base paycode can only consist of letters." ...

Outlook XP and attachments

Connect to SQL Express 2008 on local machine
Hi all, I am trying to link an Access Database to a SQLExpress 2008 database on my own machine. I can create a DSN that can see, and link to, the System databases (using Windows Authentication), but it can't see / connect to the database that I have created. Do I have to give myself specific permissions to my new database? Thanks - Ray You're lucky. I can't even get Access to connect to sql server at all. I tried with Access XP and sql server 2008, but Access throws a canary and tells me only sql server 2000 databases or earlier are supported. I also tried using Access ...