Outgoing email using Exchange or another SMTP server

Hi all
I have Exchange 2007 in my organisation in the same domain as my CRM server.
We also have an Exchange 2003 server in a seperate forest with a
bi-directional trust to the original forest (which seem to be functioing
nicely). Ideally I would like to be able to set up the email router on the
2003 machine and get it to handle the incoming email on the Exchange 2007
box. My understadning is that I just need to install the router on the
Exchange 2003 box, however I am unclear about a couple of details on this.

Can I confirm a couple of things:
when I put in an xchange mailbox to use, this needs t be a mailbox in the
2003 domain.
I thinnk I am supposed to run the service under a domain account from the
2003 domain, and then put the account into the PrivUserGroup, However the
PrivUserGroup is in another domain and so i can't do this.
Is three any other routing that i need to set up?

If I cannot do this, can I get outgoing email to work for Exchange simply by
putting the SPTP details in for my Exchange server? if so which server do I
give it? the CA, the hub or the edge server? i was guessing at the hub.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

Thanks so much
Saira

0
msnews
11/21/2007 1:29:10 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I have installed the router on the Exchange 2003 machine. I am unable to
deploy the rules as when it tries to access the CRM server in the other
forest I get the request failed with HTTP status 301: Unauthorized.

I have added the machine account and the email router service account to the
PrivUserGroup on the domain that contains the CRM server. anyone know how i
get past this bit?

Thanks
Saira

"msnews.microsoft.com" <Saira@5DFinance.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
> I have Exchange 2007 in my organisation in the same domain as my CRM
> server. We also have an Exchange 2003 server in a seperate forest with a
> bi-directional trust to the original forest (which seem to be functioing
> nicely). Ideally I would like to be able to set up the email router on the
> 2003 machine and get it to handle the incoming email on the Exchange 2007
> box. My understadning is that I just need to install the router on the
> Exchange 2003 box, however I am unclear about a couple of details on this.
>
> Can I confirm a couple of things:
> when I put in an xchange mailbox to use, this needs t be a mailbox in the
> 2003 domain.
> I thinnk I am supposed to run the service under a domain account from the
> 2003 domain, and then put the account into the PrivUserGroup, However the
> PrivUserGroup is in another domain and so i can't do this.
> Is three any other routing that i need to set up?
>
> If I cannot do this, can I get outgoing email to work for Exchange simply
> by putting the SPTP details in for my Exchange server? if so which server
> do I give it? the CA, the hub or the edge server? i was guessing at the
> hub.
>
> ANy help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks so much
> Saira

0
msnews
11/21/2007 4:50:42 PM
try this

PROCEDURE

Preconditions:

 CRM Server 3.0 already installed and operational in CRM Domain
CRM Domain functional level : Windows 2000 Native (or higher)
CRM Forest functional level  : Windows 2000 Native (or higher)

Create and configure CRM Exchange E-Mail Router environment (Router forest)

Install Windows 2003 as DC in new forest - say RouterDomain.local
Apply Windows Server 2003 SP2
Raise domain functional level to Windows Server 2003
Raise forest functional level to Windows Server 2003
Configure DNS in RouterDomain so it can resolve names in CRM Domain.

Configure CRM environment (CRM Forest/Router Forest)

Configure DNS in CrmDomain so it can resolve names in Router Domain.
Create and validate two-way domain-wide external trusts between CrmDomain
and RouterDomain

 Configure CRM Exchange E-Mail Router environment (Router forest)

Install Exchange 2003 in RouterDomain
[If Exchange Server is installed on same server as Active Directory, take
the recommended steps to prevent very slow shutdowns ]
Create CrmSink user account and mailbox (CrmSink@RouterDomain.local)
Create domain account to be used for router service (~Router Service)
Add ~RouterService to Domain Admins
Add CRM server's URL to Local Intranet Zone throughout RouterDomain
Grant ~RouterService full mailbox access permissions to CrmSink mailbox
Configure CrmSink mailbox to only accept E-mail sent from CRM Domain
Add machine account for the Exchange server to Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible
access group, and restart

Configure CRM environment (CRM Forest)

Ensure E-mail  from CRM Domain users to CrmSink is delivered successfully,
using appropriate method(s) of your choice eg:
In DNS create an MX record for RouterDomain.local
Create an Exchange SMTP connector
Convert scope of following CRM global groups to universal :
PrivUserGroup
ReportingGroup
UserGroup
SqlAccessGroup
Convert scope of above groups to Domain Local
Add RouterDomain\~RouterService  account:-
As CRM user with any role
As member of PrivUserGroup
As member of local Administrators group on CRM Server

Install  Router Service (Router forest)

Install CRM Exchange Email Router service (but not the Rule Deployment
Wizard) on same server as the CrmSink mailbox

Deploy Forwarding Rules to CRM user mailboxes (CRM forest)

Configure the Exchange  organization to allow auto-forwarding to CrmSink
Install the CRM 3.0 Rule Deployment wizard
Deploy forwarding rules to CRM use mailboxes

>I have installed the router on the Exchange 2003 machine. I am unable to
>deploy the rules as when it tries to access the CRM server in the other
>forest I get the request failed with HTTP status 301: Unauthorized.
>
> I have added the machine account and the email router service account to
> the PrivUserGroup on the domain that contains the CRM server. anyone know
> how i get past this bit?
>
> Thanks
> Saira
>
> "msnews.microsoft.com" <Saira@5DFinance.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all
>> I have Exchange 2007 in my organisation in the same domain as my CRM
>> server. We also have an Exchange 2003 server in a seperate forest with a
>> bi-directional trust to the original forest (which seem to be functioing
>> nicely). Ideally I would like to be able to set up the email router on
>> the 2003 machine and get it to handle the incoming email on the Exchange
>> 2007 box. My understadning is that I just need to install the router on
>> the Exchange 2003 box, however I am unclear about a couple of details on
>> this.
>>
>> Can I confirm a couple of things:
>> when I put in an xchange mailbox to use, this needs t be a mailbox in the
>> 2003 domain.
>> I thinnk I am supposed to run the service under a domain account from the
>> 2003 domain, and then put the account into the PrivUserGroup, However the
>> PrivUserGroup is in another domain and so i can't do this.
>> Is three any other routing that i need to set up?
>>
>> If I cannot do this, can I get outgoing email to work for Exchange simply
>> by putting the SPTP details in for my Exchange server? if so which server
>> do I give it? the CA, the hub or the edge server? i was guessing at the
>> hub.
>>
>> ANy help would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks so much
>> Saira

0
Peter
11/22/2007 5:13:33 PM
There is new exchange router available for exchange 2003 & 2007 for
compatibility
http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2007/09/27/crm-3-0-and-exchange-2007-compatibility.aspx

--
Regards,

MS CRM Certified Professional

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com

"msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:

> I have installed the router on the Exchange 2003 machine. I am unable to
> deploy the rules as when it tries to access the CRM server in the other
> forest I get the request failed with HTTP status 301: Unauthorized.
>
> I have added the machine account and the email router service account to the
> PrivUserGroup on the domain that contains the CRM server. anyone know how i
> get past this bit?
>
> Thanks
> Saira
>
> "msnews.microsoft.com" <Saira@5DFinance.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all
> > I have Exchange 2007 in my organisation in the same domain as my CRM
> > server. We also have an Exchange 2003 server in a seperate forest with a
> > bi-directional trust to the original forest (which seem to be functioing
> > nicely). Ideally I would like to be able to set up the email router on the
> > 2003 machine and get it to handle the incoming email on the Exchange 2007
> > box. My understadning is that I just need to install the router on the
> > Exchange 2003 box, however I am unclear about a couple of details on this.
> >
> > Can I confirm a couple of things:
> > when I put in an xchange mailbox to use, this needs t be a mailbox in the
> > 2003 domain.
> > I thinnk I am supposed to run the service under a domain account from the
> > 2003 domain, and then put the account into the PrivUserGroup, However the
> > PrivUserGroup is in another domain and so i can't do this.
> > Is three any other routing that i need to set up?
> >
> > If I cannot do this, can I get outgoing email to work for Exchange simply
> > by putting the SPTP details in for my Exchange server? if so which server
> > do I give it? the CA, the hub or the edge server? i was guessing at the
> > hub.
> >
> > ANy help would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks so much
> > Saira

how do i plot this kind of data using excel
need a help in plotting data presented in class form, e.g; variables for A in condition 1 ranges from 67-89, in condition 2they range from 52-67, in condition 3; 65-87, in conditon 4, 62-83. Variables for B in condition 1 60-77,in condition 2, 50-64, in condition 3, 54-73, in condition 4 51-70 Tamm, Try setting your data up like this: Low High A1 67 89 B1 60 77 A2 52 67 B2 50 64 A3 65 87 B3 54 73 A4 62 83 B4 51 70 Then, plot it using either a clustered column chart or a stacked column chart. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "TAMM" wrote: > need a he...

Outgoing mail font issue
I'm running WLM (Build 14.0.8089.0726) under Vista 64-bit with all current updates. I have WLM set to send mail in HTML format, and have also added a signature block with text and images to use on command: Insert/Signature. My default Compose Mail font is 12-point Arial. I also use this same font in the text portion of the signature. The problem is that recipients who use Outlook see all my text as Times New Roman. I was able to go into my signature file (originally created with WLM) and edit the HTML with Notepad, specifying the font and size for the signature text. No...

Can emails be sent on behalf of a distribution group?
Hello, Our company needs to set up an email notification mechanism for informing our customers of upcoming events. The emails must originate from events@mycompany.com. Customers must RSVP to events@mycompany.com. Any email that is received on events@mycompany.com must be redirected to a few selected users. I created "events" as an email-enabled global distribution group. I also went ahead and added "Full Control" security for some of the users (including myself) so that "send as" can work for these users. Now, when an email is sent to events@mycompany.com, all ...

MS CRM 1.2
Hi all, we have successfully completed the E-mail router, but when we sent an e-mail the next error appears on the exchange server log: 'An error occurred in the SOAP proxy while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: 'hello..... CRM:{D72F6A8B-19AE-48E5-A571-518EC3BEB1DD}:MRC' URL: 'http://crm/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' SOAP Error: 8 ( SOAPCLIENT_PARSEFAULT_ERROR )' ...

Outgoing
Hi Soon our company will be upgrading to exchange 2003. Just wanted to know if there is a way too add the company logo or image to the end of all outgoing emails. Is there a tool on 2003 to do this? Thanks David Yes there is, and I would highly recommend against using it to do so. One of the previous threads noted that http://www.maildisclaimer.com/ works. You have to guarantee that recipients are recieving the e-mail is in something other than plain text. In most cases it works with recipients that utilize a It would show as an attachment and might set off message filters (spam filte...

Two email accounts
I have set up two email accounts on outlook on two different servers. My primary server (the one i've been using) works fine, but the second one keeps prompting me for my user name and password. I've validated it and it just keeps popping up. it won't send my emails from this server but i have received some. i've verified all the fill-in information with both servers / providers. is this a problem with two accounts on outlook as suggested by some of my contacts? thanks for any help ...

excel emailed as the body of email loses formating
Now when I send an excel spreadsheet as the body of the email instead of as an attachement it losses the formating ie. lines font alignment. If anyone has a solution for this please help............ Thank you, Earl p.s. I believe it started after a auto update from MS. It has affected all the computers at my work even though they have diffrent versions of windows, excel, and outlook. ...

How to add a received email sender to Contacts
I shall be glad if somebody can let me know how to add the sender of a received email to my Contacts list in Outlook 2003. Regards and thanks in advance. Avatar ------- Right click on the sender's address in the TO field and select "add to contacts." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Avatar asked: | I shall be glad if somebody can let me know how to add the sender of a | received email to my ...

need to create a list box based on the selection of another list
I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link someone gave me. sorry to have to ask again, but it looked exatly what i wanted - had a new computer at work and they lost all my stored data... thanks what's your question ? -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Gover" wrote: > I've done this in excel using =indirect in the list box. need to repeat in > acces.. did have a response about a week ago, but cannot trace the link > someone gave me. sorry to have t...

Where are emails stored
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi <br> New to Mac question. I installed Office 2008 on my iMac and managed to transfer mail and accounts in ok. The first time I powered the Mac down completely, I found I had lost all my mails and settings! <br><br>The only thing I can think off where I went off piste was transferring the Microsoft Use Data folder out of documents where it had been installed. I have now transferred everything back into Documents. <br><br>I can't see an obvious place in the...

Internal email only
I wish to set up Exchange 2003 to only host internal email messages and let users use Outlook to access Internet email. However, can't find specific steps. Any suggestions? -- Joe E Brown Caris Network Solutions MCSE - Windows 2000 jbrown@carisnet.com 888-652-8510 Syracuse 695-3222 www.carisnet.com Celebrating our 10th year in business "Joe Brown" <jbrown@carisnet.com> wrote in message news:ulG5iw7SGHA.2156@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I wish to set up Exchange 2003 to only host internal email messages and let >users use Outlook to access Internet email. How...

automatic contact list when addressing an email
I use Microsoft Office 2003, after typing the first letter of a contact when sending an email only contacts used that day come up, how do i set it so all contacts with that first letter come up???? It is the autocompletion cache which remembers the past 1000 names you have sent to. It has nothing to do with what's in your Contacts folder. Send an email to all your contacts (if you have less than 1000) and it will store them all in the autocompletion cache. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Clark" <Clark@discussions.micros...

Missing text from email
We have two users out of 50 who lose the message text when they are sending messages. It is an intermittent problem. We are using Outlook 2002 and Exchange. The latest service packs have been applied to both machines. Any ideas? ...

stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process
using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3. there is a stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete. trying to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still trying to delete the message). what's worse is that when syncing, upon reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out as well. I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem to find that message to kill it that way either. I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching...

CRM EMAIL FORMATTING
I think there is a strong need to have formatting options as word,excel and outlook available in crm email Templates. Things like adding attachments, pictures etc for emails should be supported. If you think this is so please vote for this. Kind Regards Ridhima ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

Obtain Outlook Signature in Email
I have a signature stored in Outlook that is automatically inserted when I create a new email. I have created a VBScript to generate an email and would like to insert that same signature, or possibly a different one, into the email. I have searched in vain for a method of accessing the signatures from a script. I am currently inserting a "signature" as part of the message text, but want to make this script available so that anyone can use it and have their signature inserted. Can someone help me on this? I have included a sample of the script I have written. Thanks. Sample sc...

Will Exchange 2000 SP4 update the VSAPI?
Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI v2.0. Will there be a SP4 (and if so when) and will it include VSAPI v2.5? Thanks David I don't know if/when any SP4 will be released, but if/when it ever does, I would be very surprised if VSAPI 2.5 were backported to it. -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "David Beaven" <technet@ids.ac.uk> wrote in message news:exIS3v52EHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Closing emails automatically on replies and forwards
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to manually close every email. On 1/29/10 7:49 AM, in article 59bb1d50.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sdaija@officeformac.com" <sdaija@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward > it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to > ...

Setting company-wide holidays on exchange/outlook calendar
Is it possible to set holidays globally on exchange so that it will appear on everyone's Outlook calendar, instead of setting them for each user? Thanks, John ...

Email Attachments #6
Hey- It used to be that when I got attachments, the attachment icon would be in the body of the email along with the text - and therefore very easy to select, copy and paste into other emails. However, now, many times the attachment icon is showing up in an issolated box separated from the text by a grey line. Now I can't select, copy and paste the icon as easily as I used to. Question: A.) Is there a way to take an email, that has it's attachments issolated in this box at the bottem and put it back with the text in the body? B.) Is there a way to manipulate this kind of ema...

Message to all outgoing
Is it possible add a message to all outgoing mails for all users at one time, we are using Exchange 2003 ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 16769 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. You mean like a disclaimer? Nothing native or built-in. - Using a transport event sink - (the following code has a is a painful exercise at best, doesn't work for locally delivered messa...

Can't receive email from outside network
I am unable to get email messages to my inbox from outside of our network. I have been told this is an easy fix in the settings, but i don't know how. HELP! Outlook needs to be configured to use a SMTP server. Look under Tools. >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to get email messages to my inbox from outside >of our network. I have been told this is an easy fix in >the settings, but i don't know how. HELP! >. > ...

Using Broadband for Email
I run a small Exchange server (7 users) and because we're out in the UK countryside we've only just got broadband. I'd like to set up my IMS so it's using the broadband to send mail rather than the ISDN dial up we currently use. Has anyone done this in the UK, if so I'd appreciate any advice on which supplier you used and how you set it up. Any help much appreciated. Barny And the version of Exchange is? Barny wrote: > I run a small Exchange server (7 users) and because we're out in the > UK countryside we've only just got broadband. I'd like to s...

How do I back up my emails from all my accounts
Hello, I have had to resort to using window live mail and have had issues, I don't know how to back up my emails, is there an easy way to do this? Here's a free backup utility that works well: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-live-mail-backup/ Be sure to download the correct app, not the 8-in-1 version. Note that it will not backup your contacts if you're running Windows XP. If that's the case, backup your contacts by exporting it as a CSV file to the same target storage area as your main backup. -- Google is your friend..... "Davey" <D...