outgoing email server

Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server.  We
also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain.

Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned to
the user as undeliverable.  If we send to the same email address using
outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered.

Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange server?

I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but
these keys don't exist in the registry.

What is best way to setup?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If keys do not exist in the registry, CRM is using a default smtp server
which is just a local machine. It's OK as long as it's set to relay through
your Exchange server. I'd say just create the keys and use your Exchange
instead of local smtp server.

--
George Doubinski
CRM Certified Professional - Developer

"Troyz" <Troyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server.
> We
> also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain.
>
> Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned
> the user as undeliverable.  If we send to the same email address using
> outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered.
>
> Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange
> server?
>
> I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but
> these keys don't exist in the registry.
>
> What is best way to setup?

0
George
6/1/2007 1:05:39 AM
Thanks, I will try this and see if this helps.

"George Doubinski" wrote:

> If keys do not exist in the registry, CRM is using a default smtp server
> which is just a local machine. It's OK as long as it's set to relay through
> your Exchange server. I'd say just create the keys and use your Exchange
> instead of local smtp server.
>
> --
> George Doubinski
> CRM Certified Professional - Developer
>

> "Troyz" <Troyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server.
> > We
> > also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain.
> >
> > Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned
> > the user as undeliverable.  If we send to the same email address using
> > outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered.
> >
> > Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange
> > server?
> >
> > I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but
> > these keys don't exist in the registry.
> >
> > What is best way to setup?

Changing/adding the reg keys would have worked fine.

I found this website has a tool (CRM SMTP Settings) that you can dl for free
that made all the changes in the registry for me.  www.crmaccelerators.net
They also have some other neat tools.

Worked great for me.  If anyone else needs to do this, just make sure you
have a backup of the registry just in case.  Also I tested the new smtp
server (telnet from crm server) prior to making the change.

"Troyz" wrote:

> Thanks, I will try this and see if this helps.
>
> "George Doubinski" wrote:
>
> > If keys do not exist in the registry, CRM is using a default smtp server
> > which is just a local machine. It's OK as long as it's set to relay through
> > your Exchange server. I'd say just create the keys and use your Exchange
> > instead of local smtp server.
> >
> > --
> > George Doubinski
> > CRM Certified Professional - Developer
> >

> > "Troyz" <Troyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Our CRM was setup to use a SMTP virtual server in IIS on our CRM server.
> > > We
> > > also have an incoming mail server (exchange) in the same domain.
> > >
> > > Mail delivered through the CRM SMTP is not always delivered and returned
> > > the user as undeliverable.  If we send to the same email address using
> > > outlook (exchange server) to send out then the mail is delivered.
> > >
> > > Do I need to change the CRM server so it relays through the exchange
> > > server?
> > >
> > > I found a KB article referencing reg keys for changing the SMTP server but
> > > these keys don't exist in the registry.
> > >
> > > What is best way to setup?

Outgoing mail font issue
I'm running WLM (Build 14.0.8089.0726) under Vista 64-bit with all current updates. I have WLM set to send mail in HTML format, and have also added a signature block with text and images to use on command: Insert/Signature. My default Compose Mail font is 12-point Arial. I also use this same font in the text portion of the signature. The problem is that recipients who use Outlook see all my text as Times New Roman. I was able to go into my signature file (originally created with WLM) and edit the HTML with Notepad, specifying the font and size for the signature text. No...

Can emails be sent on behalf of a distribution group?
Hello, Our company needs to set up an email notification mechanism for informing our customers of upcoming events. The emails must originate from events@mycompany.com. Customers must RSVP to events@mycompany.com. Any email that is received on events@mycompany.com must be redirected to a few selected users. I created "events" as an email-enabled global distribution group. I also went ahead and added "Full Control" security for some of the users (including myself) so that "send as" can work for these users. Now, when an email is sent to events@mycompany.com, all ...

MS CRM 1.2
Hi all, we have successfully completed the E-mail router, but when we sent an e-mail the next error appears on the exchange server log: 'An error occurred in the SOAP proxy while attempting to deliver a message. Message subject: 'hello..... CRM:{D72F6A8B-19AE-48E5-A571-518EC3BEB1DD}:MRC' URL: 'http://crm/MSCRMServices/CrmEmail.srf' SOAP Error: 8 ( SOAPCLIENT_PARSEFAULT_ERROR )' ...

Outgoing
Hi Soon our company will be upgrading to exchange 2003. Just wanted to know if there is a way too add the company logo or image to the end of all outgoing emails. Is there a tool on 2003 to do this? Thanks David Yes there is, and I would highly recommend against using it to do so. One of the previous threads noted that http://www.maildisclaimer.com/ works. You have to guarantee that recipients are recieving the e-mail is in something other than plain text. In most cases it works with recipients that utilize a It would show as an attachment and might set off message filters (spam filte...

Error code 80040204 event on CRM server caused by workflow
errors seem to be caused by rules owned by CRM users with Admin rights and invoked by them. What account should run the workflow services? Manual run of these automatic rules seems to work. Hey Steve, I have the same problem, and Look at this blog: http://blog.customereffective.com/blog/2008/03/automatic-workf.html This resolved my problem. "Steve" wrote: > errors seem to be caused by rules owned by CRM users with Admin rights and > invoked by them. What account should run the workflow services? > Manual run of these automatic rules seems to work. ...

SBS2008 Std config Server Question
I am building a new server that will run SBS2008 Standard. I have the option of a 1-proc/8gb RAM or a 2-proc/16gb RAM for about $700 more. What advantages do I have running a dual proc with 16GB vs. the single with 8GB in an SBS2008 Std (non virtualized) environment? I'm just trying justify the cost. Richard K wrote: > I am building a new server that will run SBS2008 Standard. I have the > option of a 1-proc/8gb RAM or a 2-proc/16gb RAM for about $700 more. What > advantages do I have running a dual proc with 16GB vs. the > single with 8GB in an SBS2008 St...

Two email accounts
I have set up two email accounts on outlook on two different servers. My primary server (the one i've been using) works fine, but the second one keeps prompting me for my user name and password. I've validated it and it just keeps popping up. it won't send my emails from this server but i have received some. i've verified all the fill-in information with both servers / providers. is this a problem with two accounts on outlook as suggested by some of my contacts? thanks for any help ...

excel emailed as the body of email loses formating
Now when I send an excel spreadsheet as the body of the email instead of as an attachement it losses the formating ie. lines font alignment. If anyone has a solution for this please help............ Thank you, Earl p.s. I believe it started after a auto update from MS. It has affected all the computers at my work even though they have diffrent versions of windows, excel, and outlook. ...

How to add a received email sender to Contacts
I shall be glad if somebody can let me know how to add the sender of a received email to my Contacts list in Outlook 2003. Regards and thanks in advance. Avatar ------- Right click on the sender's address in the TO field and select "add to contacts." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Avatar asked: | I shall be glad if somebody can let me know how to add the sender of a | received email to my ...

Where are emails stored
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hi <br> New to Mac question. I installed Office 2008 on my iMac and managed to transfer mail and accounts in ok. The first time I powered the Mac down completely, I found I had lost all my mails and settings! <br><br>The only thing I can think off where I went off piste was transferring the Microsoft Use Data folder out of documents where it had been installed. I have now transferred everything back into Documents. <br><br>I can't see an obvious place in the...

2008 Terminal Server on SBS2003 domain
I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS 2003 domain. I found that the connect server wizard did not work. I manually added the 2008 server to the sbs2003 domain. I setup and configured terminal service licensing with no problems I setup all applications with no problems. However, when we started testing from a remote office we receive an error - The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship. Could anyone help with this issue? me wrote: >I’m trying to implement a 2008 Terminal Server on an SBS ...

Internal email only
I wish to set up Exchange 2003 to only host internal email messages and let users use Outlook to access Internet email. However, can't find specific steps. Any suggestions? -- Joe E Brown Caris Network Solutions MCSE - Windows 2000 jbrown@carisnet.com 888-652-8510 Syracuse 695-3222 www.carisnet.com Celebrating our 10th year in business "Joe Brown" <jbrown@carisnet.com> wrote in message news:ulG5iw7SGHA.2156@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I wish to set up Exchange 2003 to only host internal email messages and let >users use Outlook to access Internet email. How...

automatic contact list when addressing an email
I use Microsoft Office 2003, after typing the first letter of a contact when sending an email only contacts used that day come up, how do i set it so all contacts with that first letter come up???? It is the autocompletion cache which remembers the past 1000 names you have sent to. It has nothing to do with what's in your Contacts folder. Send an email to all your contacts (if you have less than 1000) and it will store them all in the autocompletion cache. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia .. "Clark" <Clark@discussions.micros...

exchange server 2003 backup options
Hello all, My company and I are trying to come up with a solution for having a backup system for our primary exchange server should it go down. We have a second windows 2003 standard server online. I am afraid of major complications if we just load exchange 2003 server on this other server. I am sure there must be another way to do this. Would appreciate any help on this. Thnaks, Gwen "Gwen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1913501c44c92 $890ddda0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > My company and I are trying to come up with a solution > for having a bac...

Missing text from email
We have two users out of 50 who lose the message text when they are sending messages. It is an intermittent problem. We are using Outlook 2002 and Exchange. The latest service packs have been applied to both machines. Any ideas? ...

Obtain Outlook Signature in Email
I have a signature stored in Outlook that is automatically inserted when I create a new email. I have created a VBScript to generate an email and would like to insert that same signature, or possibly a different one, into the email. I have searched in vain for a method of accessing the signatures from a script. I am currently inserting a "signature" as part of the message text, but want to make this script available so that anyone can use it and have their signature inserted. Can someone help me on this? I have included a sample of the script I have written. Thanks. Sample sc...

CRM EMAIL FORMATTING
I think there is a strong need to have formatting options as word,excel and outlook available in crm email Templates. Things like adding attachments, pictures etc for emails should be supported. If you think this is so please vote for this. Kind Regards Ridhima ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then clic...

stuck email won't delete--holding up sync process
using an imap gmail account with WLM 14.0.8089.0726 on win xpsp3. there is a stuck outgoing message in the [Gmail] subfolder that will not delete. trying to delete it stalls WLM indefinitely (I left it overnight to find it still trying to delete the message). what's worse is that when syncing, upon reaching the [Gmail] folder containing this stuck email, syncing stalls out as well. I've gone through the program folders with windows explorer and can't seem to find that message to kill it that way either. I tried searching the forum for an answer but my searching...

Closing emails automatically on replies and forwards
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to manually close every email. On 1/29/10 7:49 AM, in article 59bb1d50.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sdaija@officeformac.com" <sdaija@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward > it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to > ...

Message to all outgoing
Is it possible add a message to all outgoing mails for all users at one time, we are using Exchange 2003 ? Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 16769 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. You mean like a disclaimer? Nothing native or built-in. - Using a transport event sink - (the following code has a is a painful exercise at best, doesn't work for locally delivered messa...

Email Attachments #6
Hey- It used to be that when I got attachments, the attachment icon would be in the body of the email along with the text - and therefore very easy to select, copy and paste into other emails. However, now, many times the attachment icon is showing up in an issolated box separated from the text by a grey line. Now I can't select, copy and paste the icon as easily as I used to. Question: A.) Is there a way to take an email, that has it's attachments issolated in this box at the bottem and put it back with the text in the body? B.) Is there a way to manipulate this kind of ema...

Can't receive email from outside network
I am unable to get email messages to my inbox from outside of our network. I have been told this is an easy fix in the settings, but i don't know how. HELP! Outlook needs to be configured to use a SMTP server. Look under Tools. >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to get email messages to my inbox from outside >of our network. I have been told this is an easy fix in >the settings, but i don't know how. HELP! >. > ...

How do I back up my emails from all my accounts
Hello, I have had to resort to using window live mail and have had issues, I don't know how to back up my emails, is there an easy way to do this? Here's a free backup utility that works well: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-live-mail-backup/ Be sure to download the correct app, not the 8-in-1 version. Note that it will not backup your contacts if you're running Windows XP. If that's the case, backup your contacts by exporting it as a CSV file to the same target storage area as your main backup. -- Google is your friend..... "Davey" <D...

Using Broadband for Email
I run a small Exchange server (7 users) and because we're out in the UK countryside we've only just got broadband. I'd like to set up my IMS so it's using the broadband to send mail rather than the ISDN dial up we currently use. Has anyone done this in the UK, if so I'd appreciate any advice on which supplier you used and how you set it up. Any help much appreciated. Barny And the version of Exchange is? Barny wrote: > I run a small Exchange server (7 users) and because we're out in the > UK countryside we've only just got broadband. I'd like to s...

update email address in 'from field' of emails I send.
I keep getting a defunct email address showing up in the 'from field' of email I send. I want to update my email address to my current one. Please help. max Change your e-mail address in your mail account settings in Outlook. max tell wrote: > I keep getting a defunct email address showing up in the 'from field' > of email I send. I want to update my email address to my current one. > Please help. > > max How can I get the from field to auto fill in my email address? Yep, I have the email address in my account setup etc. 2003. Ty in advance. "L...