Org name and Activation Key

I installed CRM before I was issued an Activation Key from
Microsoft and understand that the Org name has to be the
same as the Name issued with the Activation Key.  Is there
any way to rename the Org name without uninstalling and
reinstalling CRM?  If I do have to uninstall CRM do I have
to uninstall the CRM Email Router which is on a different
server?

Thanks in Advance.
Len
0
Len
12/22/2003 1:26:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I would reinstall with the new OU.   Because as you can see clearly in the
AD the CRM group contains unique security groups.  So just renaming the OU
title does not change the Security ID's.   I would do a reinstall over an
existing database.

Remember to backup your Reports directory or you will have a major mess with
reports.

Thanx
Pierre

"Len" <lcampbell@pennsys.com> wrote in message
> I installed CRM before I was issued an Activation Key from
> Microsoft and understand that the Org name has to be the
> same as the Name issued with the Activation Key.  Is there
> any way to rename the Org name without uninstalling and
> reinstalling CRM?  If I do have to uninstall CRM do I have
> to uninstall the CRM Email Router which is on a different
> server?
>
> Thanks in Advance.
> Len

0
Pierre
12/22/2003 4:13:58 PM
I have a followup Question,
Say i have some records are created in Previous
Installation under old OU name, when i reinstall on same
DB will my all records be accesseble from new installation
as the organization name in this records are old OU name?

Thanks,
Mushtaq

0
Mushtaq
12/23/2003 11:41:38 AM
When you are re-installing CRM in order to change the
Company Name you will not be able to re-install to
existing databases as the databases have the Company Name
in them. You will need to un-install CRM completely
(which requires removing the dbs and AD OU) and install
to new databases.

Annie

0
Annie
12/24/2003 5:00:47 AM
How did you get those records in if you didn't have a license?

You could use the DMF to move the records if you wanted.

"Mushtaq" <mushtaq@somac-it.com> wrote in message
I have a followup Question,
Say i have some records are created in Previous
Installation under old OU name, when i reinstall on same
DB will my all records be accesseble from new installation
as the organization name in this records are old OU name?

Thanks,
Mushtaq

0
Matt

Recurring Service Activities/Appointments
Has anyone found a way to create a recurring service activity or an appointment within CRM? -- Rebekah That's one of the most requested features. Using the SDK is the only way to do this currently. -- Graham This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. "Rebekah" wrote: > Has anyone found a way to create a recurring service activity or an > appointment within CRM? > -- > Rebekah ...

#Name? error in calculated fields.
I have a form that all the calculated fields worked fine. I screwed up setting up the User Security and it wouldn't let me back into my own form. I did e-mail this mdb file to myself before making this snafu. I have extracted the file and now I can get back in, but it seems like something happened since now all my calculated fields show the #Name? error. Some are as basic as Total = Quantity * Unit Price. Has anyone gone through this mess before? On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:22:23 -0800 (PST), p-rat wrote: > I have a form that all the calculated fields worked fine. I screwed up > settin...

Finding an element by name in a schema
Is there an easy way to find an element by name given a XmlSchema object? Or do I have to parse the entire schema myself to search for it? Do I somehow need to use XmlSchemaXPath? If so, how? Thanks, -- Greg Maybe I need to be clearer here. Here is a sample schema fragment: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <xs:schema id="NewDataSet" xmlns="" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:msdata="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-msdata"> <xs:element name="NewDataSet" msdata:IsDataSet="t...

Windows XP Shortcut Key Combinations
< I got them to make this for us. > Windows XP Shortcut Key Combinations http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/windows-xp-shortcut-key-combinations.= html Windows 7=92s new shortcut keys get all the attention these days. Many people forget that every version of Windows has offered hundreds of shortcut keys. For example, here are some of Windows XP=92s most popular keyboard shortcuts, separated into categories. (Extra perk: Most of Windows XP=92s keyboard shortcuts work in Windows 7, as well.) Cutting, pasting, and deleting shortcuts CTRL+C Copy CTRL+X Cut CTRL+V Past...

Excel Newb: Splitting First name and Last name
I have a long list of names in column A that look like this: Ana Trujillo Antonio Moreno Thomas Hardy Christina Berglund How can I split out the names by first name and last name with first name going in B and Last name going in C? Thank you very much. You can use the Text To Columns tool on the Data menu, or you can use formulas. If the full name is in A1, you can get the first name with =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)) and the last name with =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,99) However, you need to decide what to do with names with more than two components. E.g., "John David Smit...

active X control
I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. Does anyone know how to link/sync it to a bound control; i.e., when a user chooses a date control, the calandar appears, and when a date is selected it populates into the requisite field. alex Try this: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/XCalendar2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1182963470.109302.283780@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have a calandar (active x control) on my form. > Does anyo...

- The name could not be resolved
Article Q322832 describes this problem and the way to fix the error msg when outlook users are trying to add additional mailboxes. The exchange server has been configure to reflect this - reboot, but still getting the error msg below: "The name could not be resolved. The action could not be completed" It is not actual user permissions - as if the user opens the inbox via "file", "open" "other users folders". they can access to the inbox. Any ideas!! -- Paul ...

COUNT /COUNTIF for Multiple Column Defined Dynamic Named Range
Hi, Would like to use Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" in Formula. The Dynami Named Range "RESULTS" spans 30 COLUMNS and many ROWS. Need help with Formula to COUNT specified criteria in each separat COLUMN of the Defined Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS". Looking for on Formula that can be adapted with an OFFSET / INDEX to work on the othe COLUMNS. Example Results required from Formula: COLUMN 1 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 2 in Dynamic Named Range "RESULTS" - COUNT instances of numbe 75 COLUMN 30 in Dy...

Activity view
The activity view whom is in the database from MSCRM 3.0 is not working, the table activitybase is missing. Is there a solution for this problem, can we maken the view ourself, and when we do that what is the join structure. ...

:1 after workbook name!?
I have a workbook which has suddenly added a :1 to its title but not its filename? Can anyone explain this please and how to turn it off!! Cheers from North Yorkshire, John P Hello John A second window of your workbook has been opened (Window, New Window). All you need to do is close one window. HTH Cordially Pascal "John P" <jp@jpwebs.co.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:Or8AKRFgEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a workbook which has suddenly added a :1 to its title but not its > filename? > > Can anyone explain this please and how to turn it off!...

rename a registry key?
Any better way than RegCopyTree() followed by RegDeleteKeyEx()? -frank ShCopyKey would copy the subtree. But I don't think there is any other way to accomplish this. Note that SHCopyKey will not copy security attributes. joe On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 01:43:41 -0700, Frank Cusack <fcusack@fcusack.com> wrote: >Any better way than RegCopyTree() followed by RegDeleteKeyEx()? >-frank Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm that's got it, thanks. Looks like RegCopyTree() is only for Vi...

How to share between exchange orgs
Help! I'm in a building with 2 companies. Each has its own AD forest, domain and exchange server. The receptionist needs to simply view the calendars for anyone in the building. If she's signed into Domain1, she can't directly access the calendars for people in Domain2. How do I make this work? - InterOrg Utility This publishes free/busy information only. She needs to see the calendar, not have to create a meeting request simply to see his availability. - Export to web page There's no automatic process for this. - Send to a public folder I have public folder replica...

info re. extension activation issues
(This may already have been posted in other threads. I'm using the MS Web interface to the NG which makes looking at new posts almost impossible.) Prior info posted about using Extend.EXE to extend a non-expired installation omitted one critical detail: that only works, apparently, for Essentials (MEss). So, the recommended plan--of the moment, keep watching this space--is to get your keys prior to June 30 but only use them when you expire and the app asks you. Supposedly then the keys will successfully extend Deluxe and higher. Yes, this means you will have to buy the keys now and...

Rename domain name
I have 2 servers, Server1: Windows server 2003 Active Directory (Domain Controller) DNS server Exchange server 2003 SQL Server 2000 SP3 settings for LCS 2005 SP1 Server2: Windows server 2003 member of server1 (joined) Exchange server 2003 LCS 2005 SP1 I want to rename the domain name from home.domain.com to 123.com... I'm usign Exchange server 2003, SQL Server 2000 SP3 and LCS 2005 SP1... Is it possible? how? I recall that in Windows 2003 there is a way to modify the domain name, however, I also recall that it's sort of like brain surgery, if you don't REALLY Have to, don&#...

event log error
Every now and then (roughly every 4 or so hours) i'm getting three event log errors in a row. They all refer to a problem with a mailbox but unfortunately where it should say the mailbox name it's blank. i.e. "Event ID: 8231 Calendar agent failed to determine the primary calendar for mailbox: . " note the full stop and gap where the mailbox name is. then "Event ID: 1022 Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (BILBO)" - Windows 2000 account NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM; mailbox /O=AMT/OU=LondonExc/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=BILBO/cn=Mi...

Reports and making it look prettier: Last Name, First Name Rank
I'm trying to pretty up my report by eliminating the forced space created by having one field of the report for 'LastName', one for 'FirstName', and one for 'Rank.' The Rank isn't too huge of an issue, and if three items in one field gets to be too much, I have no problem leaving that as a side item of sorts. But, I want my report to look a bit better by putting the names together! I want the report to go to my table, pull the LastName from that column, and pair it with the matching FirstName in the column to the right. (Since it's just...

Type Name in the To: field
I moved several people from one exchange server to the next and everthing is fine if you select them. If I type the name in it still has the old information in it. How do I clear this. Thanks for your help! We have Outlook 2000 and 2003 in 2003, use the arrow key to select the old address and press delete. if it also happens in 2000, find and delete the *.nick file. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips...

Toggle enter key

delete spaces between last name and first name
Hi, I have a table downloaded from a site with a list of names like that: Alameddine, Jacob ALBRECHT, DAVID Alcantara Plata, Rigoberto BARTOLOMEO, ANTONIO I need to get the names with no spaces in between the last name, and first name, such as: Alameddine,Jacob ALBRECHT,DAVID Alcantara Plata,Rigoberto BARTOLOMEO,ANTONIO Any idea son how I can put a condition in a query or SQL? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Use the Replace function: Replace(FullName, " ", "") -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Ra" wrote: > Hi, > > I ...

active worksheet
Set wb2 = Workbooks("LESTER, BRENDA.xls") how do I replace the above code to set wb2 as the active sheet? Try... Windows(wb2).Activate On Mar 15, 10:00=A0pm, Matthew Dyer <matthew.e.d...@gmail.com> wrote: > Set wb2 =3D Workbooks("LESTER, BRENDA.xls") > > how do I replace the above code to set wb2 as the active sheet? Matthew, Try the following: Dim Wks As Worksheet Set Wks = ActiveSheet (Note that if you don't specifically state the qualifing hierarchy, Excel will build the hierarchy for you. For example, "Set Wks = A...

Multiple activities 06-07-04
Hi! Have anyone come across a tool that can create activities for more than one object at once? I would like to use something like "Advanced find" to select the accounts or contacts, and then create one activity with all these objetcs attached. When your'e attaching one by one from the activity form, only the names are the selectabnle field. Thanx, JB I obviously created a post using the same Subject as Rob did last year... Anyway, concerning the activities, I don't want to use workflows. I would want to create activities directly from my web or Outlook client. JB jorg...

Named Cell Ranges #3
I have a number of workbooks that look at a variables workbook which has a number of named cell ranges. I have added new lines to a particular named area and now some of the formulae in the other workbooks don't work. I'm assuming it's to do with the change in the named range. I'm hoping someone can tell me it's easy to fix! Thanks Hi we need your formula, your name definition, the expected result, etc :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blackcat" <Blackcat@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:087D8C4D-75C6-4449-98AF-96...

SUMIF with NAME RANGE
Really need some help with this one as I am stuck. I am trying to use a drop down box and a name range to get monthly totals and can't figure it out. Here is what I have: 2 Sheets: Monthly Report Sum By Month On both sheets I have Agent IDs in Row $B. On my 'Sum By Month'! sheet I have money earned in columns D:E, H:I, L:M, all the way through December. I gave each pair of revenue columns a range name according to months. (SUM_JAN (columns D:E), SUM_FEB (columns H:I), SUM_MAR (columns L:M) etc.) I want to pull the sum of each range from 'Sum By Month'! t...

Excel 2003 dynamic named range for the values in a pie chart
Hello, In Excel 2003, I've been trying to use a dynamic named range for the values in a pie chart: =Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12 But it won't accept that. Keeps telling me: "A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference." Does anyone know why the values box on the series tab won't accept it? Hello, The value you posted has spaces in the name before the ! =Cost Ctr Summary x Project!PieData12 if you surround your workbook name in single quotes it...

log in my product key
have tried all the afternoon to log in my product key--- have dowloaded please can you help? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 10:21:01 -0800, poopydoo <poopydoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >have tried all the afternoon to log in my product key--- have dowloaded >please can you help? Not I; neither I nor anyone else on this newsgroup works for Microsoft (I presume you're talking about Microsoft software, though you don't say). This is a volunteer-staffed technical support newsgroup for questions about the database software Microsoft Access. Please scroll down the ...