Opportunity Won vs Lost Report

Greetings all,
  I'm having troubles coming up with a good way to show Opportunities Won vs 
Lost in a report I'm writing and was wondering what everyone else does. I 
envision a list something like:

<Account> <Opportunity> <Wonrevenue> <Lostrevenue>

repeating. Then at the top of the <Wonrevenue> column I'd add them all up 
and at the top of the <Lostrevenue> the same for a grand total of won's vs 
lost's. My issue is that there is only one revenue field in CRM 
(estimatedvalue) and I can't come up with a good way to differentiate won 
dollars versus lost dollars. Any suggestions or hints or ideas would be 
greatly appreciated!
  Thanks in advance,
  -Sam
0
Utf
4/11/2007 4:08:05 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
582 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

The sales team should be COMPLETING the opportunities when they are won or 
lost. If they do this the data will exist that shows the status of the 
opportunity record as won or lost.

-- 
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group
Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007, 
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E69A3BDB-51D4-427B-806F-B99260CC56CA@microsoft.com...
> Greetings all,
>  I'm having troubles coming up with a good way to show Opportunities Won 
> vs
> Lost in a report I'm writing and was wondering what everyone else does. I
> envision a list something like:
>
> <Account> <Opportunity> <Wonrevenue> <Lostrevenue>
>
> repeating. Then at the top of the <Wonrevenue> column I'd add them all up
> and at the top of the <Lostrevenue> the same for a grand total of won's vs
> lost's. My issue is that there is only one revenue field in CRM
> (estimatedvalue) and I can't come up with a good way to differentiate won
> dollars versus lost dollars. Any suggestions or hints or ideas would be
> greatly appreciated!
>  Thanks in advance,
>  -Sam 

0
Anne
4/12/2007 12:27:35 PM
Indeed my Sales Team is completing the Opportunities. My problem is that I 
have one field to show if they are won or lost (statuscode) and one field for 
the estimated revenue (estimatedvalue). This means that I can have two colums 
in my report:
<status> <revenue>

Since it doesn't calculate negative numbers for revenue with a statuscode of 
Lost, I'm trying to find a way to display the numbers on a report without 
having the reader have to do the math to see total losts and total wins.
  -Sam

"Anne Stanton" wrote:

> The sales team should be COMPLETING the opportunities when they are won or 
> lost. If they do this the data will exist that shows the status of the 
> opportunity record as won or lost.
> 
> -- 
> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> President, The Norwich Group
> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007, 
> Autotask, LinkedIN,
> TypePad and More!
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E69A3BDB-51D4-427B-806F-B99260CC56CA@microsoft.com...
> > Greetings all,
> >  I'm having troubles coming up with a good way to show Opportunities Won 
> > vs
> > Lost in a report I'm writing and was wondering what everyone else does. I
> > envision a list something like:
> >
> > <Account> <Opportunity> <Wonrevenue> <Lostrevenue>
> >
> > repeating. Then at the top of the <Wonrevenue> column I'd add them all up
> > and at the top of the <Lostrevenue> the same for a grand total of won's vs
> > lost's. My issue is that there is only one revenue field in CRM
> > (estimatedvalue) and I can't come up with a good way to differentiate won
> > dollars versus lost dollars. Any suggestions or hints or ideas would be
> > greatly appreciated!
> >  Thanks in advance,
> >  -Sam 
> 
0
Utf
4/12/2007 2:02:01 PM
Use a Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet that does the math..

-- 
Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
President, The Norwich Group
Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007, 
Autotask, LinkedIN,
TypePad and More!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:170CD489-B14D-4624-A4DD-02972CAE518E@microsoft.com...
> Indeed my Sales Team is completing the Opportunities. My problem is that I
> have one field to show if they are won or lost (statuscode) and one field 
> for
> the estimated revenue (estimatedvalue). This means that I can have two 
> colums
> in my report:
> <status> <revenue>
>
> Since it doesn't calculate negative numbers for revenue with a statuscode 
> of
> Lost, I'm trying to find a way to display the numbers on a report without
> having the reader have to do the math to see total losts and total wins.
>  -Sam
>
> "Anne Stanton" wrote:
>
>> The sales team should be COMPLETING the opportunities when they are won 
>> or
>> lost. If they do this the data will exist that shows the status of the
>> opportunity record as won or lost.
>>
>> -- 
>> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
>> President, The Norwich Group
>> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
>> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
>> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with 
>> hotfix)
>> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
>> Autotask, LinkedIN,
>> TypePad and More!
>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:E69A3BDB-51D4-427B-806F-B99260CC56CA@microsoft.com...
>> > Greetings all,
>> >  I'm having troubles coming up with a good way to show Opportunities 
>> > Won
>> > vs
>> > Lost in a report I'm writing and was wondering what everyone else does. 
>> > I
>> > envision a list something like:
>> >
>> > <Account> <Opportunity> <Wonrevenue> <Lostrevenue>
>> >
>> > repeating. Then at the top of the <Wonrevenue> column I'd add them all 
>> > up
>> > and at the top of the <Lostrevenue> the same for a grand total of won's 
>> > vs
>> > lost's. My issue is that there is only one revenue field in CRM
>> > (estimatedvalue) and I can't come up with a good way to differentiate 
>> > won
>> > dollars versus lost dollars. Any suggestions or hints or ideas would be
>> > greatly appreciated!
>> >  Thanks in advance,
>> >  -Sam
>> 

0
Anne
4/13/2007 12:55:00 AM
hmm... I was kinda hoping that Visual Studio was more flexible than that. I'm 
not sure my users are going to be up for running two reports - one out of the 
Report Server and one out of an Excel report. Thanks for the suggestion!
  -Sam

"Anne Stanton" wrote:

> Use a Dynamic Excel Spreadsheet that does the math..
> 
> -- 
> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> President, The Norwich Group
> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com
> 
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with hotfix)
> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007, 
> Autotask, LinkedIN,
> TypePad and More!
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:170CD489-B14D-4624-A4DD-02972CAE518E@microsoft.com...
> > Indeed my Sales Team is completing the Opportunities. My problem is that I
> > have one field to show if they are won or lost (statuscode) and one field 
> > for
> > the estimated revenue (estimatedvalue). This means that I can have two 
> > colums
> > in my report:
> > <status> <revenue>
> >
> > Since it doesn't calculate negative numbers for revenue with a statuscode 
> > of
> > Lost, I'm trying to find a way to display the numbers on a report without
> > having the reader have to do the math to see total losts and total wins.
> >  -Sam
> >
> > "Anne Stanton" wrote:
> >
> >> The sales team should be COMPLETING the opportunities when they are won 
> >> or
> >> lost. If they do this the data will exist that shows the status of the
> >> opportunity record as won or lost.
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM
> >> President, The Norwich Group
> >> Principal, GlobalBrain LLC
> >> The CRM Lady at www.CRMLady.com
> >>
> >> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Written on a Lenovo T60p running VISTA Ultimate
> >> Tracked in MS Dynamics CRM v3.0 Rollup 1, Outlook Client v3.0C (with 
> >> hotfix)
> >> Good Neighbor to Groove 2007, OneNote 2007, Office Enterprise 2007,
> >> Autotask, LinkedIN,
> >> TypePad and More!
> >> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:E69A3BDB-51D4-427B-806F-B99260CC56CA@microsoft.com...
> >> > Greetings all,
> >> >  I'm having troubles coming up with a good way to show Opportunities 
> >> > Won
> >> > vs
> >> > Lost in a report I'm writing and was wondering what everyone else does. 
> >> > I
> >> > envision a list something like:
> >> >
> >> > <Account> <Opportunity> <Wonrevenue> <Lostrevenue>
> >> >
> >> > repeating. Then at the top of the <Wonrevenue> column I'd add them all 
> >> > up
> >> > and at the top of the <Lostrevenue> the same for a grand total of won's 
> >> > vs
> >> > lost's. My issue is that there is only one revenue field in CRM
> >> > (estimatedvalue) and I can't come up with a good way to differentiate 
> >> > won
> >> > dollars versus lost dollars. Any suggestions or hints or ideas would be
> >> > greatly appreciated!
> >> >  Thanks in advance,
> >> >  -Sam
> >> 
> 
0
Utf
4/13/2007 1:16:03 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Matrix report #2
Hi everyone, I need an item value list per matrix which means I need to know how much in money value of a particular style (SKU) I have. Is there a way to do it? Thank you Rami ...

Opportunities and email in BCM
Hi, I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way to do this? Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it when I search for it through my NG reader. Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this? Thanks! m The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see if it apears then. You can't link emails with Opportunities directly...

db created in 2000 won't allow permission in 2002
I took over a database created in Access 2000 that works fine if I run it on a pc running A2000, when I try from a machine running A2002, (the db is on a network) I get an error message "you do not have the appropriate permissions to use..." Since I cannot get into it on the 2002 machine I can't convert it (if that's even necessary between 2000/2002). I can't find anything in the user security that should be stopping it so I may be missing something there. I do not get prompted on either for a login or password. Thanks for any help! Sue -- Message posted via http:...

won't print in landscape
hi, i have a excel document that won't print in landscape from my computer --- but it will from another printer. i've tried changing the settings from the control panel and within the excel sheet but for some reason the settings won't save and it just won't print landscape. can someone help me? thanks, Mike The first thing I'd try is to reinstall that printer driver. But that's just a guess. After you do this and if it still fails, can you print landscape in any other application (MSWord?). mike wrote: > > hi, > > i have a excel document that won&...

Trial Version won't start
I'm interested in trying MS Money, I downloaded the trial version several months ago, started the install and then abandoned it. So today I decide to resume where I left off, it say's it's expired even though I never really completed the install or even tried it. I've tried uninstalling and downloading latest greatest and then doing a new install, but still ends the same way...expired. Any suggestions? reinstall your whole operating system. Thet usually does the trick ;) "Henry Paxson" <audian@comcast.net> wrote in message news:312401c470ed$45c7ab50$...

COUNT expression in a report
> Hi > I have a field, named [Type]. > In a report, what is the expression to count this field “[Type]” where > Type="Truck" > ??? =Count([Type]) where type = “Truck” > Thanks Trying, In the Control Source of an unbound textbox in the Footer or Header of the report... =Sum(IIf([Type]="Truck",1,0)) -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Trying wrote: >> Hi >> I have a field, named [Type]. >> In a report, what is the expression to count this field �[Type]� where >> Type="Truck" >> ??? =Count([Type]) wher...

wav won't play
I can't get a wav file to play. I've done everything I've read to do. It'll play the first time through, but then never again. I've set the max file size to 50000, the wav plays in Media Player. The file isn't corrupt. I've set it to play automatically - the PPT needs to loop continuously. Any ideas anyone? Forgot to mention - PPT 2007, sound file and PPT file are all in same folder. Tried saving them to hard drive, network drive etc. Nothing helps. "acn67" wrote: > I can't get a wav file to play. I've done everything I've r...

Money Plus Premium Closes Unexpectedly on particular report
PLEASE HELP ME!! I am at wits end... (I suppose, everyone that posts must be at this point). Alas, here is my story: Background: I am running a report from the 'Reports' menu. I am running it based on the 'Classification' criteria that i have created. The data comes from multiple different accounts, and excludes a few accounts. (...none of that is particularly important). Setup: My Classifications are for my rental property, therefore, i have: Property1, Property 2, and Property3. Under each 'Classification': PropertyN, i have 3 Sub Classifications: Long...

closed opportunities
want to include closed opportunities in pipeline and forecast reports. any ideas? thanks ...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Full page Z report
Is there a full page Z report in XML available somewhere? -- Thanks! Jim Janke Emerald Business Systems We use same template for both full page and 40-col receipt printers. The 40-col works fine on laser printer - just a lot of white space on the side - and 3 pages of print. -- John M. "Jim Janke" <jim@ebs4pos.com> wrote in message news:OaM2tEXYFHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a full page Z report in XML available somewhere? > > -- > Thanks! > > Jim Janke > Emerald Business Systems > > Here ya go... http://www.newestech.co...

Good reporting software
Hello, we are looking for a good reporting software for exchange, I found some in http://www.msexchange.org/software/Reporting/ but I would like to get your experiences about the softwares you use Thank you Erman Ulusoy ...

Messages won't delete
Hi There, I've been searching the web all over and I can't seem to find anyone else having this problem. On two different IMAP accounts, on two different office installs, certain messages, when I press the delete message button/menu item, the focus changes to another message as per usual, but the message still remains on my entourage inbox view and server , but I can delete other messages.??? When I delete them from the server they still remain in my entourage inbox view. Anyone seen this? =) Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers Geoff On 11/22/04 12:16 AM, in article BDC7EB95...

Attatchments won't come through
One of my partners uses a Mac (I'm on a PC) and she is attaching images to emails but when they show up in my inbox, the image is just that box with a red x in the middle (no picture.) Strange thing is, the size of the messages are very large, like the images. 4MB, 3MB, 2MB, etc. But the picture is just that error image. Does anyone know how I can show the correct image and why the attachment is showing up like this? Thank you! "Beverly" <beverly@beverlylanedesigns.com> wrote in news:O8DMNZ9PHHA.4412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > One of my partners uses a Mac (...

Totals on a Report
I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and column totals. For Example: Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx 7/1 1 5 8 14 7/2 4 10 2 16 5 15 10 30 Please Help. As a side question...how do I change my display name?????? I figured it out...Thanks "Summing multiple fields on a form" wrote: > I created a report with fields that I would like to have row totals and > column totals. For Example: > Date field1 field2 field3 xxxxx > 7/1 1 5 ...

Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity
CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote, Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on Opportunity xyz and then on History. Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot be shown in th...

Royal Cruise Matrix Is Now In Pre-Launch, Ground Floor Opportunity!
A New Program has just Pre-Launched - Royal Cruise Matrix This is Your Opportunity to Get In at the Beginning of Something that will be BIG! Things you need to know - - Why Royal Cruise Matrix will EXPLODE in Growth - and draw the masses better than any other similar kind of program - Affiliated with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines -> MAJOR Name Brand Affiliation = MAJOR Credibility Lowest Price Point of all the "Board" Programs - Only $100 Highest Pay Out of all of the Board-System Programs - - - - The ONLY 3-Board System - The 3rd Board Pays out $25,000.00 $10,000 Matching B...

Free/Busy won't update.
We have two administrative groups, and the servers in one are in a separate domain and same with the other. The users cannot update their free/busy the second administrative group is all 2003 servers, the first is all 2000, so the free/busy was created with 2000, and has been reset based on the article to reset the GUID. All offline folders and the free/busy is set to replicate to all servers. Here is the error on the server: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8207 Date: 5/22/2004 Time: 6:20:01 PM User: N/A Computer: NVL-CS3N1 De...

budget vs. time periods on Money 2002
Hi folks, I noticed a serious limitation when using Money 2002 Standard. If I change my budget (ie.: moving back to parent house - not paying rent anymore), the changes will reflect on all past reports and data. I guess that any budget change should reflect only for the time the new budget data is entered and later on. Simplifying, there should be an option to apply a budget to a certain time period, but Money seems not to permit that. Or am I wrong and did not see such option? Thanks for any help... -- Henrique Seganfredo henrique at seganfredo dot com "Quanto mais aprendo, m...

How to delete an opportunity
Hi there After testing our new CRM we want to go live with it. While cleaning all entries and deleting all testopportunities i figured out, that some opportunities can't be deleted. It seems that these are the ones where a contract is linked to. But I neither can delete a contract nor a opportunity. Does anyone has an idea how to do that? For statistics and reports this would be helpfull. Greetings ------=_NextPart_0001_17916810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After testing our new CRM we want to go live ...

EWS: Calendar categories lost reviewing Exchange Public Folder Calendar
Title says it all. I've created a calendar in Outlook 2007 (SBS 2008/Exchange 2007). It's in a "favorite" Public Folder so that it's reviewable by all logged in domain users and editable by two of us. Making it a favorite Public Folder calendar is what made it available to to users logging in over Outlook Web Access. However, on my Mac, none of the category attributes for appointments/events are retained by the entries. The curious thing is that the categories themselves DID make it to the Mac when I created a personal calendar that I shared with other Outlook ...

Printing a report to fit on one page
How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit to one page" function?? -- Thanks! mass I haven't tried this with Money yet, but I usually set my print driver to "fit-to-page" when I experience a program that doesn't seem to allow that function on its own. "mass" wrote: > How do I do this PLEASE. It keeps wanting to fit it onto 4 pages, regardless > of how much I shrink the size of the report. How do I copy the MS word "fit &...

Plse help....! Incoming eMails connect to the wrong opportunity
Can somebody explain the logic behind the eMail tags, and how the system connects incoming email? We have many incoming eMails that connect to the wrong entity. Consider the following scenario I see happening here: 1) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity ABC and changes the sender to the queue Presales and it gets tag CRM:1234 2) A reply with tag CRM:1234 arrives in the queue Presales and is automatically connected to Opportunity ABC So far so good.... 3) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity XYZ and sends from her own username and it gets tag CRM:1234 (same tag as before!) ...

Lost a bill in Money 2007
I have a weekly bill that no longer shows up in my bill summary. When i look at the bill calendar, i can see it. When i try to pay it from the bill calendar by double-clicking on it, it comes up; and then i click on "enter in register", and Money says, "You have selected a transaction which has an occurence with an earlier payment date. Select only the earliest occurrence and then you can record or skip the transaction." I then go to the Bill Summary, and that bill is not on the list. Any idea why this bill is hiding from me? Steve Sorry - meant to say that I C...

Opportunity Relationships
I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact? I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things. Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks! When you go to the Account or Con...