Opportunity templates or recurring opportunities

We manage our customers' Dynamics (and third party) service plan renewals for
them.  It would be great if we could have an opportunity template that we
could use for those renewals OR be able to identify an opportunity as
recurring, rather than having to re-enter them each year.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c49a0fbb-a4b9-4cd0-b6b0-23e53b9e9684&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

templates will not open in
I have attempted to open templates built in Outlook 2K, in Outlook 2003 but even though I have them associated with Outlook, they open a new window and show the template as an attachment in that window as well. I am trying to get the template to open as it did previously, showing the contents as an email message. I have looked for assistance with this in the KB but it has proven unsuccessful to this point. Any thoughts at all on what is happening here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Rich St. Louis, MO ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking (wztemplt.xla) Path
We moved a Excel template utilizing the Template Wizard with Data Tracking (wztemplt.xla) add-in to a new server. We where able to update the database path in the Excel template, but now I'm wondering how I change the path in the Excel Spreadsheets created by this template. Where does the wztemplt.xla (3424.xls) store the database path information? Thank You! Dick Kusleika answered a similar question a couple of days ago. Perhaps his advice will help you: http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=%23eJpWGnCDHA.33376%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl Just_Buy wrote: > We moved a Excel t...

is there templates for just borders?
Very new to this (sorry)......Are there templates for just borders? If so, where do I 'find' them? thanks............ Clip art has borders, Insert, Picture, Clip art, type border for the search word. Or go straight to the Office site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=border&sc=20 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Janner" <Janner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3155E6D-8E09-45EA-98E5-08830CF0F7DD@microsoft.com... > Very new to this (sorry)......Are there templates for just borders? If so, > w...

Opportunities and email in BCM
Hi, I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way to do this? Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it when I search for it through my NG reader. Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this? Thanks! m The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see if it apears then. You can't link emails with Opportunities directly...

Customize contract template
I would like to create a contract template where I would: 1.Enter predefined (1/1/06-12/31/06) dates. 2. Add contract lines from the list of products Purpose? I am trying to automate a subscription process for a journal Is there a way to do it? I have asked for it within this discussion group and waited for 3.0 to come out but with no luck. ...

Excel (Recurring) Task Import
Can I somehow use the Excel "Task Import Template" to define recurring tasks in Project 2007? I suppose you could, but why would you? You can always just insert a recurring task from the Insert menu. That being said, I usually don't recommend using recurring tasks except under certain specific circumstances. Are you sure you need them? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Can I somehow use the Excel "Task Import Template" to define recurring > tasks in Project 2007? > Andrew, I've been tasked by my c...

closed opportunities
want to include closed opportunities in pipeline and forecast reports. any ideas? thanks ...

Wanted Template
Does anyone have a reasonable template for paramutual betting. ...

template for family tree in word
hi has any one found a template available in word for a family tree, either that or does any one kniw where l can access excel 97 or later as a free add on to microsoft works suite 2004 cheers debbie deborah <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > hi has any one found a template available in word for a family tree, > either that or does any one kniw where l can access excel 97 or later > as a free add on to microsoft works suite 2004 There are separate newsgroups for Works, Excel, and Word. This newsgroup is for the discussion of Microsoft Pu...

Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity
CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote, Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on Opportunity xyz and then on History. Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot be shown in th...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Is there a template for legislative tracking in excel?
Something easily manipulated to make charts of activities. Tracking something for a campaign. Thanks, Liz ...

Normal Template
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am unable to open my normal template - it is greyed out What exactly are you intending to do? It may not be necessary [or advisable] to open the Normal.dotm template. If there is a need to do so you'll have to select either "Word Templates", "All Office Documents", "All Files" or "All Readable Documents" the 'Enable:' list of the Open dialog. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/15/10 10:20 AM, in article 59bb881c.-1@webcrossing.JaKI...

How to delete an opportunity
Hi there After testing our new CRM we want to go live with it. While cleaning all entries and deleting all testopportunities i figured out, that some opportunities can't be deleted. It seems that these are the ones where a contract is linked to. But I neither can delete a contract nor a opportunity. Does anyone has an idea how to do that? For statistics and reports this would be helpfull. Greetings ------=_NextPart_0001_17916810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After testing our new CRM we want to go live ...

Plse help....! Incoming eMails connect to the wrong opportunity
Can somebody explain the logic behind the eMail tags, and how the system connects incoming email? We have many incoming eMails that connect to the wrong entity. Consider the following scenario I see happening here: 1) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity ABC and changes the sender to the queue Presales and it gets tag CRM:1234 2) A reply with tag CRM:1234 arrives in the queue Presales and is automatically connected to Opportunity ABC So far so good.... 3) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity XYZ and sends from her own username and it gets tag CRM:1234 (same tag as before!) ...

Royal Cruise Matrix Is Now In Pre-Launch, Ground Floor Opportunity!
A New Program has just Pre-Launched - Royal Cruise Matrix This is Your Opportunity to Get In at the Beginning of Something that will be BIG! Things you need to know - - Why Royal Cruise Matrix will EXPLODE in Growth - and draw the masses better than any other similar kind of program - Affiliated with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines -> MAJOR Name Brand Affiliation = MAJOR Credibility Lowest Price Point of all the "Board" Programs - Only $100 Highest Pay Out of all of the Board-System Programs - - - - The ONLY 3-Board System - The 3rd Board Pays out $25,000.00 $10,000 Matching B...

Quick Parts in a Template
I have created a template for a group of individual to use and have added two Quick Parts items, both of which are specially formatted tables. If I e-mail the template to the users, one or both of these QuickParts items vanish. I can not figure out why. Any suggestions welcomed. What is the best means to deploy this template? On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 13:04:15 -0800, Carl_B <Carl_B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a template for a group of individual to use and have added two >Quick Parts items, both of which are specially formatted tables. If I e-mail ...

Name for chart template does not display under My Templates
I can create a custom Chart Template in Excel 2007. When I go to use the Chart Template, the Insert Chart dialog window shows all of my templates under My Templates, but it just shows a generic icon for each template without showing the name of the template under the icon. If I hover over each template the name appears as a tool tip. Is there any way to set a default so that the names appear? ...

Opportunity Relationships
I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact? I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things. Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks! When you go to the Account or Con...

Auto-Fill Templates

Relationship roles Opportunity to Opportunity
Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another opportunity. I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many- to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role" and than created relation m...

Subject not working in template
I have numerous templates created in 1.2. When we create a new email activity the subject does not come in from the template and we have to manually insert it. Anyone ever see this? I am also experiencing the same issue. My subject line will not appear. I am in the process of researching. "Trev" wrote: > I have numerous templates created in 1.2. When we create a new email > activity the subject does not come in from the template and we have to > manually insert it. Anyone ever see this? There exists a glitch in version 1.2 regarding the 'Subject Line'...

Looking for a template for commercial properties
Without knowing what kind of template you want, I'd suggest visiting Microsoft's template site. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "John B." <John B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0257DFE7-DD71-48F2-8B57-CD780F52A9DD@microsoft.com... > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=commercial+property&av=TPL000 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John B." <John B.@dis...

template #4
where the template is stored Which one? The default Excel workbook template? You cannot alter that template. You have to create your own and use that as the default. Post back with more details to get a more complete answer. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 21:53:25 -0700 (PDT), kaja <kaja48380@gmail.com> wrote: >where the template is stored ...

Opportunity templates or recurring opportunities
We manage our customers' Dynamics (and third party) service plan renewals for them. It would be great if we could have an opportunity template that we could use for those renewals OR be able to identify an opportunity as recurring, rather than having to re-enter them each year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...