Opportunity Relationships

I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or
contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to
the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help
us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact?

I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than
the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same
party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things.

Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

When you go to the Account or Contact that you created a relationship to via
Opportunity, go to the Opportunity tab on the Account or Contact form and
change the "Filter on" = "All" and the "Include" = "All Affiliated Records"
and you should see the Opportunities listed.

As far as your comment on why the relationships work differently, the way I
view it is that the relationship that a customer has to an opportunity often
is a different type of relationship than they would have as a b2b
relationship.

Where I have confusion is that we may have 3 contacts (all linked to the
same account) and each contact is related to a different opportunity but when
you go to the Account and view the Opportunity tab to see a roll up of all
the opportunities that company has been related to via contacts nothing will
appear???? Anyone have some insight??

"AmyC" wrote:

> I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or
> contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to
> the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help
> us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact?
>
> I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than
> the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same
> party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things.
>
> Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks!

Opportunities and email in BCM
Hi, I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way to do this? Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it when I search for it through my NG reader. Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this? Thanks! m The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see if it apears then. You can't link emails with Opportunities directly...

closed opportunities
want to include closed opportunities in pipeline and forecast reports. any ideas? thanks ...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity
CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote, Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on Opportunity xyz and then on History. Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot be shown in th...

How to delete an opportunity
Hi there After testing our new CRM we want to go live with it. While cleaning all entries and deleting all testopportunities i figured out, that some opportunities can't be deleted. It seems that these are the ones where a contract is linked to. But I neither can delete a contract nor a opportunity. Does anyone has an idea how to do that? For statistics and reports this would be helpfull. Greetings ------=_NextPart_0001_17916810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After testing our new CRM we want to go live ...

Plse help....! Incoming eMails connect to the wrong opportunity
Can somebody explain the logic behind the eMail tags, and how the system connects incoming email? We have many incoming eMails that connect to the wrong entity. Consider the following scenario I see happening here: 1) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity ABC and changes the sender to the queue Presales and it gets tag CRM:1234 2) A reply with tag CRM:1234 arrives in the queue Presales and is automatically connected to Opportunity ABC So far so good.... 3) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity XYZ and sends from her own username and it gets tag CRM:1234 (same tag as before!) ...

Royal Cruise Matrix Is Now In Pre-Launch, Ground Floor Opportunity!
A New Program has just Pre-Launched - Royal Cruise Matrix This is Your Opportunity to Get In at the Beginning of Something that will be BIG! Things you need to know - - Why Royal Cruise Matrix will EXPLODE in Growth - and draw the masses better than any other similar kind of program - Affiliated with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines -> MAJOR Name Brand Affiliation = MAJOR Credibility Lowest Price Point of all the "Board" Programs - Only $100 Highest Pay Out of all of the Board-System Programs - - - - The ONLY 3-Board System - The 3rd Board Pays out $25,000.00 $10,000 Matching B...

Relationship Betwee Exchange Mailbox SCL Setting and Outlook Spam Setting
At one of my clients I have set the Exchange Server SCL threshold at 8 and the mailbox threshold at 7 for the Intelligent Message Filter I have set the Junk Mail setting in the users' Outlook 2003 to 'low'. I have updated the Exchange Server and Outlook Intelligent Message Filters. My question is how does the mailbox threshold of 7 in Exchange interact/relate to a user's Outlook 2003 Junk Mail Setting of 'low' or 'medium'? I have never seen this described. Thank you in advance. -- Regards, Allan C Outlook (2003) Junk Mail feature does not interact wit...

Opportunity Relationships
I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact? I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things. Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks! When you go to the Account or Con...

Relationship roles Opportunity to Opportunity
Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another opportunity. I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many- to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role" and than created relation m...

Use relationships with leads
Hallo to all, i want to use, the customer relationships that we use with accounts and constacts, with leads as well. Is it possible? Thank you in advance, Vasiliki Sioti Do you mean that you want to associate a lead with a contact and company? If so, this is not the way that CRM is designed to work. A lead is designed to contain the account and contact info. "vaso" wrote: > Hallo to all, > i want to use, the customer relationships that we use with accounts and > constacts, with leads as well. Is it possible? > > Thank you in advance, > Vasiliki Sioti Dea...

Opportunity templates or recurring opportunities
We manage our customers' Dynamics (and third party) service plan renewals for them. It would be great if we could have an opportunity template that we could use for those renewals OR be able to identify an opportunity as recurring, rather than having to re-enter them each year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Is this relationship ok
Table 1 Recpt# Auto Num Pri Key Unit Table 2 ID Auto Num Primary Name Dep date Dep # Dep Type (chk, etc) DepNum (Number on document) Table 3 ID Auto Num Amount Rent Late ............ Tried Unit table 1 to Name table 2 name table 2 to ID table three The idea is not to have big table though I guess I could Suggestions On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:08:46 -0700, Terry <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Table 1 > Recpt# Auto Num Pri Key > Unit >Table 2 > ID Auto Num Primary > Name > ...

Remove Opportunity from convert lead
Is there a way to remove Create an opportunity from the convert lead button? The reason i want to do this is I display the accountid on the opportunity form for passing parameters out of crm to an external program. When an opportunity is created from the convert lead tab CRM does not recognize it as a new opportunity from the account and doesnt place the id into the field, so i want to force my salesman to create the opportunity from the account. ...

Opportunities & Opportunity Products 12-02-05
Two Questions: Is there a way in CRM to copy an Opportunity from one Account to another? If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability? Is there a way in CRM to select and add multiple products to an Opportunity instead of selecting them from the price list one at a time? If not, is there a third-party add-on that provides this ability? While these features do not exist there are many ISV's on this group who could write them for you at a price.. Its all down to how much these features are worth to you ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM...

Opportunity & Opportunity Product
I've the following problem: I've linked two lookupfields to two different custom entities in the opportunity entity (many to one relationships). When I want to add products to this opportunity I want the values in the lookup fields in the opportunity entity mapped to the opportunity products and also have many to one relationships to the same custom entities from the opportunity products entitiy. Can somebody help me with this issue and suggest what to do? Have you added the realtionships to OpportunityPorduct yet? Once you do that, you can edit tha mapping between Opportun...

Opportunity Competitor
CRM 3.0, SQL 2000 When an opportunity is Closed and marked as Lost, the dialog box has a lookup field for entering the name of the competitor to whom the Opportunity was lost. How is the competitor linked to that opportunity? That is, how can one create a report of opportunities lost to competitors that includes the competitors name? Thanks, Jim The Out-of-the-Box report called "Competitor Win Loss" should give you the information you're looking for "Jim" wrote: > CRM 3.0, SQL 2000 > > When an opportunity is Closed and marked as Lost, the dialo...

Invest in our children- Investment Opportunity !!! #7
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Table relationship
Hello, I have a table, USERS, where I hold the Username, Password and Email of all users. Each user can be a student or a professor. For a student I need 3 more fields: NAME, BIRTHDAY and CITY For professor I need 4 more fields: NAME, CV, CITY, PHONE. Should I add all these fields to USERS table and leave the ones not used for a Professor or Student empty? Or maybe use another tables? What would be the better approach for this? Thanks, Miguel I have a table, USERS, where I hold the Username, Password and Email of all users. Each user can be a student or a profe...

Investment Opportunity!
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

opportunities
iam mushy from chennai and i would like to inform you that iam running a consultancy named SEEKERS STOP......... if you are willing to enroll yourself and your friends can reach me at 9841484020, 044-64528389......... We have lots of openings in call centers, showroons, technicians ...

Assigning Sales stage to Opportunity
How does one assign a sales stage to an opportunity and then change the sales stage? Can someone please explain this with detail steps since I am new to Microsoft CRM. Thanks, Nilesh Hi Nilesh, If you are using the Professional Edition, Sales Procesess are created through Workflow Manager. The Opporutnity record type supports a unique workflow type called Sales Process. When you create a Sales Process through Workflow Manager, workflow allows you to create individual sales stages and add activities related to each stage. You can require the activities to be completed or not...

Opportunity management calculations
I am attempting to post an opportunity for 500,000 units and the program will not allow me to post more that 50,000 units. How am I able to change the field to allow higher quanities? ...

Delete Opportunity product while deleting opportunity is not allow
I would like to allow users to delete Opportunity products and I'd like to not allow them to delete Opportunity. Is there a way to do this est regards ...

Sharing of opportunity
I change the manager of an existing user, (not in the same tree of BU- a business requirement). Now I need to share the existing opportunities with the new manager of the user. I did not find any event in change manager sequence where I can use my callout. I have checked it with postassign. Can anybody tell me what could be the solution for this? An opportunity can only be owned by a single CRM user at any one time through its single ownership field, it cannot be shared between multiple users. Ownership has to be transferred for another user to act upon the opportunity. ...