Opportunities with no Activities - Advanced Find

Hi,

I am trying to construct an advanced find view to show all the open
opportunities over a certain amount that have never had an activity
associated to them.

I keep running into a stumbling block - none of the combinations I have been
trying seem to work.

When I try show me all the opportunities that have activities that don't
equal open, closed, scheduled or canceled that doesn't seem to work.

Jerry

0
Jerry
9/24/2007 7:44:58 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Sep 24, 3:44 pm, "Jerry W" <jerry at you know what
ibizinitiatives.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to construct an advanced find view to show all the open
> opportunities over a certain amount that have never had an activity
> associated to them.
>
> I keep running into a stumbling block - none of the combinations I have been
> trying seem to work.
>
> When I try show me all the opportunities that have activities that don't
> equal open, closed, scheduled or canceled that doesn't seem to work.
>
> Jerry

Jerry,

I did not have much luck either using advanced find. Activity Status
has to equal something because it is the result of the activity being
created. In other words, any activity will have to have a status of
open, closed, scheduled, or canceled. I wonder if you will have more
luck doing this as a report.

0
Amy
9/24/2007 8:14:03 PM
Advanced Find uses a type of query language called Fetch XML. Fetch does not
have a "NOT" or "NOT IN" operator, so you won't have any luck doing this kind
of search using the CRM interface. As Amy wrote, you will need to write a
report or use another query method to extract this data.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Amy" wrote:

> On Sep 24, 3:44 pm, "Jerry W" <jerry at you know what
> ibizinitiatives.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to construct an advanced find view to show all the open
> > opportunities over a certain amount that have never had an activity
> > associated to them.
> >
> > I keep running into a stumbling block - none of the combinations I have been
> > trying seem to work.
> >
> > When I try show me all the opportunities that have activities that don't
> > equal open, closed, scheduled or canceled that doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > Jerry
>

> Jerry,
>
> I did not have much luck either using advanced find. Activity Status
> has to equal something because it is the result of the activity being
> created. In other words, any activity will have to have a status of
> open, closed, scheduled, or canceled. I wonder if you will have more
> luck doing this as a report.

Matt,

So I am wondering how CRM does the System view Leads: No campaign Activities
Sent ?

Jerry

"MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Advanced Find uses a type of query language called Fetch XML. Fetch does
> not
> have a "NOT" or "NOT IN" operator, so you won't have any luck doing this
> kind
> of search using the CRM interface. As Amy wrote, you will need to write a
> report or use another query method to extract this data.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Amy" wrote:
>
>> On Sep 24, 3:44 pm, "Jerry W" <jerry at you know what
>> ibizinitiatives.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I am trying to construct an advanced find view to show all the open
>> > opportunities over a certain amount that have never had an activity
>> > associated to them.
>> >
>> > I keep running into a stumbling block - none of the combinations I have
>> > been
>> > trying seem to work.
>> >
>> > When I try show me all the opportunities that have activities that
>> > don't
>> > equal open, closed, scheduled or canceled that doesn't seem to work.
>> >
>> > Jerry
>>

>> Jerry,
>>
>> I did not have much luck either using advanced find. Activity Status
>> has to equal something because it is the result of the activity being
>> created. In other words, any activity will have to have a status of
>> open, closed, scheduled, or canceled. I wonder if you will have more
>> luck doing this as a report.

0
Jerry
9/25/2007 1:18:19 PM
You'll notice that if you open Advanced Find while on the Contact or Accounts
screen, every other system view is available to use as a starting point to
build your own Advanced Find query - except for the "No Campaign Activities
in the Last 3 Months". This view isn't even available to change the number of
months on (like changing it to last x months). This is because Microsoft
developed special queries hardcoded into this view - probably using a
combination of methods - to address this lack of functionality in Fetch, at
least somewhat.

You could probably do a trace on your SQL Server to watch the query go
through as you select this view and copy it in order to modify it manually.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Jerry W" wrote:

> Matt,
>
> So I am wondering how CRM does the System view Leads: No campaign Activities
> Sent ?
>
> Jerry
>

> "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Advanced Find uses a type of query language called Fetch XML. Fetch does
> > not
> > have a "NOT" or "NOT IN" operator, so you won't have any luck doing this
> > kind
> > of search using the CRM interface. As Amy wrote, you will need to write a
> > report or use another query method to extract this data.
> > --
> > Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> > http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Amy" wrote:

> >> Jerry,
> >>
> >> I did not have much luck either using advanced find. Activity Status
> >> has to equal something because it is the result of the activity being
> >> created. In other words, any activity will have to have a status of
> >> open, closed, scheduled, or canceled. I wonder if you will have more
> >> luck doing this as a report.

Opportunities and email in BCM
Hi, I am trying to find a way to link emails with opportunities. Is there a way to do this? Also, I read that there is a newsgroup dedicated to BCM, but I don't see it when I search for it through my NG reader. Also, BCM slows down Outlook. Any way to address this? Thanks! m The BCM newsgroup is microsoft.public.outlook.bcm. Do a search in Outlook Express. If you don't see it, it's possible that your ISP doesn't carry that group. You can try to just use the news server msnews.microsoft.com and see if it apears then. You can't link emails with Opportunities directly...

activate question
How do I make a pop up window that does not take activation away from the app? (Like a menu.) Hi, Thanks for your post. I'd like to share the following information with you: 1. A pop-up window is a special type of overlapped window used for dialog boxes, message boxes, and other temporary windows that appear outside an application's main window. When it will be displayed at the top of the window Z-Order. The Z-Order of a window indicates the window's position in a stack of overlapping windows. The window at the top of the z-order overlaps all other windows. The window at ...

Problem Activating Money Plus on Vista
I am unable to activate MS Money Plus Deluxe under my standard user account. I purchase the product from the online store. The details of what happened when I tried to activate it follows: 1. I entered my activation code and I got a UAC message. I have Vista Home Premium and I'm using a standard user account. I entered my administrator password in response to the UAC message. If my memory serves me right, I got an error message and the activation process aborted. 2. I've had installation issues in the pass which I solved by logging on to my administrator account. So, I logged...

closed opportunities
want to include closed opportunities in pipeline and forecast reports. any ideas? thanks ...

Opportunities
I am getting error after i am adding new opportunity. Is someone has any idea why I get this error ? MSCRM Application Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------- Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code ...

Finding out who is using a shared workbook?
I have a markbook that is shared between the staff in my department. Sometimes I need to un-share it so that I can write a macro or do some conditional formatting. The 'who has this workbook open now' list in the share workbook menu options often shows people who WERE loggod in some days ago but may or may not be logged in now, often showing them (and me!) multiple times with different dates. Is there a way to make this feature show accurate data so that I can be sure when its safe to make it exclusive access? Howard ...

salesperson inquiry screen should be limited to active only
we have a bunch of salespeople within our organization. some have become inactive yet when we do a zoom we still need to scroll through these records. it would be great if you could limit to active only ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

printing only active range (changing)
hi all when im printing a sheet the print area is automaticly set to all cells containing formulas ,even if the formula resualt is nothing. how can i set the print area to change automaticly and print only cells where the formula resualt in NOT nothing ? (i get the data to the sheet from a database, and the size of the report is changing every time. next to the data im getting from the data base i have the additional formulas ) thanks Oz. -- oz_saar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oz_saar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action...

VISIO 2002 Wants Me to ACTIVATE Again?
I Have been running VISIO 2002 on my replacement Hard Drive since July (I had backed up my original "data.dat" file found in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Data prior to Hard Drive Crash). I recently purchased a new monitor, and had to update my NVIDIA drivers. Now all of a sudden VISIO 2002 wants me to activate the product again. The New Monitor added USB drives, and the driver is different, but I wouldn't think VISIO 2002 would care. None of the other OFFICE Components Care including FrontPage 2002 and P...

Navigate back from Order to Quote to Opportunity
CRM3.0 stores emails in the History of the related entity (Opp, Quote, Order). When viewing the emails under e.g. Quote or Order xyz we often need to view the emails under the corresponding Opportunity xyz. Currently there is no possbility to jump 'back' from Quote or Order to the Opportunity. You have to go to Sales/Opportunities, type xyz in the Lookup box, click on Opportunity xyz and then on History. Navigating 'forward' from Opportunity to Quote or Order is no problem; these entities are shown in the left hand pane. Any reason why Opp and Quote cannot be shown in th...

Can't find new emails
I just set up my new outlook. I created my two email accounts. The new mail sound goes off, but i can not find any new email. I've checked the inbox, obviously, but it can not be found. Please help What view do you have set on your Inbox? Do you have any rules set up to move incoming messages to other folders? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:FF29C1E7-209C-478E-A2B6-03FA76165C8A@microsoft.com, JW wrote: > I just set up my new outlook....

How to delete an opportunity
Hi there After testing our new CRM we want to go live with it. While cleaning all entries and deleting all testopportunities i figured out, that some opportunities can't be deleted. It seems that these are the ones where a contract is linked to. But I neither can delete a contract nor a opportunity. Does anyone has an idea how to do that? For statistics and reports this would be helpfull. Greetings ------=_NextPart_0001_17916810 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > After testing our new CRM we want to go live ...

Configuring the "Investment Activities" window
I have kept track of many investment activities in Excel spreadsheets for many years. Now I would like to "copy / paste" the transactions into Money. I would like to free up as much of my screen as I can so that I can work with two simultaneious windows "sharing" my screen, one Excel and one Money. Trouble is that Money forces me to look at at lot of Icons and menu lines at the top that chew up a lot of my valuable screen. How can I cut it back to just the bare bones: File Edit Favorite Tools Help? In microsoft.public.money, 911DAVE wrote: >I hav...

Plse help....! Incoming eMails connect to the wrong opportunity
Can somebody explain the logic behind the eMail tags, and how the system connects incoming email? We have many incoming eMails that connect to the wrong entity. Consider the following scenario I see happening here: 1) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity ABC and changes the sender to the queue Presales and it gets tag CRM:1234 2) A reply with tag CRM:1234 arrives in the queue Presales and is automatically connected to Opportunity ABC So far so good.... 3) User1 creates new mail regarding Opportunity XYZ and sends from her own username and it gets tag CRM:1234 (same tag as before!) ...

Royal Cruise Matrix Is Now In Pre-Launch, Ground Floor Opportunity!
A New Program has just Pre-Launched - Royal Cruise Matrix This is Your Opportunity to Get In at the Beginning of Something that will be BIG! Things you need to know - - Why Royal Cruise Matrix will EXPLODE in Growth - and draw the masses better than any other similar kind of program - Affiliated with Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines -> MAJOR Name Brand Affiliation = MAJOR Credibility Lowest Price Point of all the "Board" Programs - Only $100 Highest Pay Out of all of the Board-System Programs - - - - The ONLY 3-Board System - The 3rd Board Pays out $25,000.00 $10,000 Matching B...

Using FIND on linked text
I have a column linked to display the text strings in another column on another worksheet. Because the actual entry in the cell is a formula and not the text string, the FIND command doesn't work. Is there a way to search the displayed strings, rather than actual cell entries? Ed Ed In the Find dialog, change the 'Look In' to Values. Andy. "Ed" <ed_millis@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O21RWV7SDHA.3700@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a column linked to display the text strings in another column on > another worksheet. Because the actua...

Find all serial numbers
Does anyone know of a single table to go to that would show all serial numbers ever added in GP for a company? I thought IV30400 would do that but it looks like SOP Returns don't update that table (even though SOP Invoices do). Working with GP9, SP2. Thanks in advance. -- Jim@TurboChef Have you looked at the Serial Number Master? IV00200 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jim@TurboChef" wrote: > Does anyone know of...

Deleted an Active Directory User and I can not remove a CRM license from it.
We have deleted a user account from our Active Directory. We found out that the user had a sales license for CRM, and deleting the user account from Active Directory did not automatically free up the license. The user account was gone from Active Directory, but not from CRM server! When we clicked on the user account and tried to remove the sales license from that user account, it said the user account could not be found in active directory, and it did not let us do anything about that orphant license. How can we free up that license from this phantom user account? Hello, This is a...

Opportunity Relationships
I am trying to track relationships from an opportunity to an account or contact. The relationship is visible on the opportunity, but when you go to the account or contact, the relationship does not show up. This will not help us - how can we see these relationships on the account or contact? I am still confused why relationships in opportunties work differently than the rest of the system. Opportunity relationships do not follow the same party1, party 2, role 1, role 2 way of doing things. Can anyone provide any help or insight into this quirk? Thanks! When you go to the Account or Con...

Auto Cad 2006 activation code????????
Hi I need an activation code for auto cad 2006 the request code is: QV20 WHLQ 7H5Q FX75 W5UQ E6FW 90P2 Serial number is: 633-12345678 Thanks All. *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Relationship roles Opportunity to Opportunity
Sometimes sales managers need to set relationship roles between several opportunities (f.e.: this opportunity can be won only after that, and so on). It's a pity, but I can create relationship role from opportunity to contact or account, but can't create it to another opportunity. I tried to make some customization for that. I remembered, that many- to-many relations between objects I can make with the help of the third custom user-entity. I thought, that could work for me in my situation with roles. So I created a custom entity "Opportunity Role" and than created relation m...

Find Replace Function
Is there a way to use the replace function throughout the entire publication instead of on each individal page. I have a 100+ page document and am trying to figure out an easier way to modify some information than changing it on each page. MSU User <MSUUser@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to use the replace function throughout the entire > publication instead of on each individal page. I have a 100+ page > document and am trying to figure out an easier way to modify some > information than changing it on each page. The sear...

Opportunity templates or recurring opportunities
We manage our customers' Dynamics (and third party) service plan renewals for them. It would be great if we could have an opportunity template that we could use for those renewals OR be able to identify an opportunity as recurring, rather than having to re-enter them each year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...